PDA

View Full Version : oPeN GaZ De FRaNCe

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 5th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Allez Tati repeat the semis from last year!!! :hearts::hearts::hearts:

good luck with the draw! :yeah:

yukon145
Feb 5th, 2005, 04:50 PM
its a tough field this year, here's to a good draw and a great tournment!

Harju.
Feb 5th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Allez Tati. Hopefully she'll be seeded and hopefully Amelie didn't pull out.

We want all French semifinals. :hearts:

améliemomo
Feb 5th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Allez Tati. Hopefully she'll be seeded and hopefully Amelie didn't pull out.

We want all French semifinals. :hearts:

hope the same!!! :yeah:

Allez tati!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

martirogi
Feb 5th, 2005, 07:10 PM
i have a feeling tati won't do so good this spring, but will have a really good rest of the year :confused:

hope she just plays her best :bounce:

tennisrulz8
Feb 5th, 2005, 09:51 PM
good luck and try to do your best

saby
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:32 AM
good luck tati :bounce:

:angel: :angel: :angel:

beauty_is_pink
Feb 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM
[1] Williams vs. BYE
Camerin vs. Cohen-Aloro
Q. vs. Benesova
Safina vs. [6] Sprem

[3] Sharapova vs. BYE
Golovin vs. Q.
[WC] Razzano vs. Smashnova
Koukalova vs. [8] Elia

[5] Dechy vs. Kostanic
Daniilidou vs. Bartoli
Pennetta vs. Q
BYE vs. [4] Petrova

[8] Maleeva vs. Q.
Loit vs. Jankovic
Pierce vs. Medina Garrigues
BYE vs. [2] Mauresmo

Sharapova in the 2nd round :scared:

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 6th, 2005, 05:04 PM
well luck wasn't on Tati's side this time :o

[1] Williams vs. BYE
Camerin vs. Cohen-Aloro
Q. vs. Benesova
Safina vs. [6] Sprem

[3] Sharapova vs. BYE
Golovin vs. Q.
Koukalova vs. [8] Elia

[5] Dechy vs. Kostanic
Daniilidou vs. Bartoli
Pennetta vs. Q
BYE vs. [4] Petrova

[8] Maleeva vs. Q.
Loit vs. Jankovic
BYE vs. [2] Mauresmo

anyway if she beats the orgasmic girl she'll have an easy way to the semis, so ALLEZ Tati!!!! :D :D :D

Harju.
Feb 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Bad draw :banghead:

But here's hoping that Tati will pull an upset. Cheers.

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM
[1] Williams vs. BYE
Camerin vs. Cohen-Aloro
Q. vs. Benesova
Safina vs. [6] Sprem

[3] Sharapova vs. BYE
Golovin vs. Q.
Koukalova vs. [8] Elia

[5] Dechy vs. Kostanic
Daniilidou vs. Bartoli
Pennetta vs. Q
BYE vs. [4] Petrova

[8] Maleeva vs. Q.
Loit vs. Jankovic
BYE vs. [2] Mauresmo

Sharapova in the 2nd round :scared:lol you beat me :p

améliemomo
Feb 6th, 2005, 05:10 PM
ouaou :eek: such a bad draw for tati facing miss scream in the second round.

Hope she will play her best :angel:

yukon145
Feb 6th, 2005, 06:22 PM
a win over sharapova would be a sweet victory, but lets get out of the first round before hand!

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 6th, 2005, 06:42 PM
a win over sharapova would be a sweet victory, but lets get out of the first round before hand!if Tatiana's not able to win her 1st match against a player not even ranked in the top100... we should start worrying :o

yukon145
Feb 6th, 2005, 07:40 PM
when do the qualifers get placed in the main draw?

martirogi
Feb 6th, 2005, 07:46 PM
golovin and sharapova will be the dominant 2 players soon enough, this will be a preview

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Feb 7th, 2005, 02:43 AM
golovin and sharapova will be the dominant 2 players soon enough, this will be a preview

Iactually beelive it will take a bit more time.... I mean Masha already began winning a slam a agood bunch of tournaments last year, also consider the fact that Nicole Vaidisova and Ana Ivanovic are rising with her... I am sure she is a future top 5... but I don't think it will be until next year....

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 7th, 2005, 01:29 PM
http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/sporever/photos_sporever/tennis/Femmes/MAURESMO_GOLOVIN_PIERCE_OPEN_GDF_060205.jpg

Tatiana Golovin (faces a qualified player in the 1st round then possibly Maria Sharapova in case of victory)
”There is no easy game. I will take things one game after the other. There are a lot of good players. It’s improtant for me to play against the best in order to improve my game. I have great memories of the final phase of the Fed Cup in Moscow, last year. I won my first ever Fed Cup game. It’s a memorable event and it was a great experience. I played really well at the beginning of the year, during the first week in Gold Coast then I fell sick... I have been impatiently waiting for this tournament because I played very well last year.”

http://www.opengazdefrance.com/en/open2004/accueil/story_162703.shtml

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 7th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Tati was quite lucky in the qualy placement as she got Beltrame in the 1rd ;)

Dan23
Feb 8th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Good luck in the 1R Tati :yeah:
Looking forward to the 2nd Round match against Maria if it eventuates :D

ZAK
Feb 8th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I'm bacK! Been busy with school

Go TATI :D

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 8th, 2005, 09:50 PM
well Tati won 6-2 7-6(7)!!! :D she was down 0-2 in the first and managed to win 6 games straight :yeah:. The match could have been easier as she had 5-3 in the second set and also had set point while serving at 5-4, but it's ok she needed more match pratice ;)

rseto
Feb 8th, 2005, 10:04 PM
too many double faults! and starting her service game at 5-4 with 2 dfs. not good. maybe if she had more confidence in her serves, she would be able to finish matches off better.

but at least she fought back in the 2nd set tiebreak after being down. good luck against maria!

beauty_is_pink
Feb 8th, 2005, 10:53 PM
7-6 in 2nd set against a qualifer? tsk.
Tati cant afford to play like "this" against Sharapova :scared:

Allez Tati, you can do this!!!... get revenge! :devil:

yukon145
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:39 PM
beat Maria Tati!

Harju.
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Well done Tati :banana:

now let's golovinise the shyperova. :devil:

yukon145
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:41 AM
please Tati, kick Sharapova's ass.

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:55 AM
A Little Scare for Golovin 08 February 2005 - Pierre-Olivier BOUCHE (redaction_foot@sporever.fr)
http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/sporever/photos_sporever/tennis/Femmes/GOLOVIN_GRIMACE_080205.jpg

For her first tournament match, Tatiana Golovin struggled to get rid of fellow countrywoman Séverine Beltrame who passed the qualifications (6-2, 7-6). In the next round, the French player will have to do much better if she wants to be a threat to Maria Sharapova.

The French public discovered Tatiana Golovin a year ago. After her qualification in the last sixteen at the Australian Open, the French player born in Russia progressively reached the semi-finals at the Open Gaz de France, much to the public’s surprise, only to be eliminated by Mary Pierce. Twelve months later, « Tati », 17 and world n°23, is back in Paris.

Slightly awkward for her first match of the tournament, Golovin had a tough start against Séverine Beltrame, another French player who passed the qualifications and was therefore much more at ease. In the beginning, she successively lost two games but then she sprang back to overwhelm Beltrame. Six games and half an hour later, the runner-up of the last fed Cup won the first set 6-2. Golovin, last year’s revelation, could no longer take her opponent by surprise. Indeed, she is now the object of all attentions, as reveals the presence of Maria Sharapova’s coach. The Russian player is indeed Tati’s next opponent in the last sixteen.

The net with Tati

In the beginning of the second set, Séverine Beltrame 25 and world n°108, tried her best to stop the tornado by using her excellent sliced backhand. But Golovin, trained at the Bolletieri academy, was hardly impressed. More consistent than her elder opponent, she broke in the fifth game but after a nice come back on behalf of Beltrame and two double faults, the two players once again tied (3-3). This first match which was supposed to be a mere formality started to look more and more like a trial and that clearly got on Tati’s nerves. George Goven, the new Fed Cup captain, looked tense in the Gaz de France stands. Uncertain with her service, Beltrame was once again led in the tie-break (3-4) so she tried once more to catch up her opponent. But Tatiana was in the final straight and going for the match.

Serving for the match, Golovin suddenly became uneasy much to everybody’s surprise. Winner of an awful service game marked by two double faults before coming to a conclusion, she let her opponent level up (5-5). Confident, Beltrame gave to the public the tie-break it had been waiting for. Let 4 by 1, Golovin clenched her teeth and eventually came back. Thanks to the band of the net she even saved a game point before finishing with 9 points to 7 a much disputed tie-break (7-6). To everybody’s surprise, Golovin was seriously shaken by Séverine Beltrame who probably has some regrets. « I really have to play much better than this if I want to win the next match », said « Tati » after her victory. The Frenchwoman has a clear mind and it’s all the better as Maria Sharapova is waiting for in the last sixteen. All Coubertin is already drooling over this 100 % glamour battle.

Translated by Aurelia Ruetsch

http://www.opengazdefrance.com/en/open2004/accueil/story_162950.shtml

------

god, I would kill to watch the next match against Orgasmpova :o

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Shyperova withdrew :yeah: now Tatiana will play against Mamic, who isn't an easy rival either... :)

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 9th, 2005, 02:51 PM
After her first round victory at the Open Gaz de France tuesday night, Tatiana Golovin praised Beltrame's skills.

Tatiana Golovin's reaction :

"I knew Séverine personally but I had never played against her. She surprised me a lot because she hits the ball hard both on forehand and backhand, which makes it very difficult for me. But that was a good first match anyway. Now, I am ready to face Maria Sharapova."

Harju.
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:19 PM
:hahA: Orgasmpova. That's new ;)

Well, the Shyperova withdrew, why couldn't she ret when Tati leads 15-0 or something ;). But yeah, a better chance for Tati to reach the quarter :woohoo:.

Harju.
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:44 PM
By the way, just saw her during lunch break at coubertin... she came out just as i arrived. my friends said that Gasquet was there yesterday to watch her match and he will be attending her other matches in paris....

:hearts: Interesting.

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:59 PM
thursday schedule:

Not Before 13h50 :
Magdalena Maleeva (BUL, n°8) - Jelena Jankovic (SEM)
Sanda Mamic (CRO) - Tatiana Golovin (FRA)
Amélie Mauresmo (FRA, n°1) - Mary Pierce (FRA)

Not Before 19h00 :
Nathalie Dechy (FRA, n°5) - Marion Bartoli (FRA)
Dinara Safina (RUS) - Vera Douchevina (RUS)

martirogi
Feb 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
tati with a repeat of her semi performance? pretty nice chances, though elia has been playing good this year

Harju.
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Golovin beat Mamic 63 64 :aparty:

faces, Farina Elia next.

beauty_is_pink
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:58 PM
congrats Tati!
seems like a better match than before ;)

Good luck next round girl! alllllez!!! :worship:

am13
Feb 10th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Prochain objectif : Silvia FARINA ELIA
RDV contre Serena, en 1/2 !

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Golovin Seizes the Opportunity

http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/sporever/photos_sporever/tennis/Femmes/GOLOVIN_OPEN_GAZ_100205.jpg

10 February 2005 - Pierre-Olivier BOUCHE (redaction_foot@sporever.fr)
Tatiana Golovin qualified for the quarter finals of the tournament by defeating Sandra Mamic 6-3, 6-4. Taking full advantage of Sharapova’s withdrawal, she will now play against Silvia Farina Elia on Friday.

It is difficult to pursue a fantastic top-level career without having a dash of chance from time to other. Yet one has to know how seize the opportunity. And that is exactly what Tatiana Golovin did. Much to the spectators’ delight, Tati initially had to play against Maria Sharapova for a 100 % glamour match. But the rangy Russian doll caught a nasty cold returning from Tokyo and eventually withdrew from the competition, leaving both the public and the organisers disappointed.

Sharapova was replaced by Sandra Mamic and instead of playing world n°3, Golovin was left to face n°106. That was the stoke of luck of the week as the Croatian player, eliminated in the qualifying round, all of a sudden found itself in the last 16 assuming the role of the lucky-loser. The opportunity for the French player to reach the quarter finals of the tournament was a golden one.

After defeating Séverine Beltrame who caused her a little scare in the first round, Tatiana Golovin perfectly maintained her level. After a very serious performance, she won in two sets 6-3, 6-4. The left-handed Croatian player usually plays big first shots and has an unorthodox forehand. The will-power is there but just like her male counterparts (Ivanisevic, Ljubicic), mobility is not her main strength.

After quickly winning the service (3-1), Tatiana, consistent is her serve, won the first set relatively easily. More mobile and constant, she won the first set 6-3 in 34 minutes. However, last year’s semi-finalist had a little scare at the beginning of the second set. After a few direct faults on her backhand and a Mamic’s slight comeback, Tati was unable to win the service right away. Irritated, the public’s favourite started playing on the baseline and being more precise, and immediately took the lead (4-2). Outdistanced for a while, the lucky loser had a nice break point and was left with a dash of hope. But she didn’t seize the opportunity and lost the match as Tatiana eventually prevailed 6-3, 6-4 in 81 minutes. In quarter finals she will be opposed to Italian Silvia Farina Elia. « She is a fighter and doesn’t really have any flaws. But I really want to go further in the competition, » indicated the French player who has the ambition of doing as well as last year at least.

rseto
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:19 AM
play another good match in the QF, tati!

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 11th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Tatiama seems very confident on her chances:

Open Gaz de France / Golovin : « I have to win this kind of tournament »

She was supposed to meet Sharapova in the second round. It was actually Croatian Sanda Mamic who replaced the sick Russian at the last moment. Against this lucky loser, the young French player applied herself and won the match but without to much verve. Yet compared to last year, « Tati » is no longer a newcomer and she had set ambitious goals.

Tatiana Golovin's Comments :

« It doesn't matter who was playing against me. I had to focus on my game. I had problems with my backhand. Now it's time for the big matches, I will be starting with the one against Silvia Farina Elia who doesn't have many flaws and fights for every point. I will have to match her level. My goals? I am realizing that I have to win this kind of tournament. Psychologically, I have to stay concentrated. That's what makes the difference. One thing for sure is that I am really delighted to play here in front of this public. »

LefandePatty
Feb 11th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Come on Tati !!! :worship: :hearts:

beauty_is_pink
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:18 PM
would be great if Tati *won* this title in front of the French crowd :)

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 11th, 2005, 01:39 PM
seems like she's really confident on her game :yeah: She just beat Farina 6-0 ret. Silvia won only 7 pts!!

good luck against Dinara or Serena!!! you can do it Tati!!!! :woohoo: just believe in yourself!

am13
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Tati est en 1/2 !!! :bounce:
Elle joue bien et ira jusqu'au bout... :)

martirogi
Feb 11th, 2005, 02:43 PM
why does she always have to play serena :sad: :tape:

Harju.
Feb 11th, 2005, 03:46 PM
viva tati. wins and wins.

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Tatiana Does It Again!

http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/sporever/photos_sporever/tennis/Femmes/GOLOVIN_OPEN_GAZ_110205.jpg

11 February 2005 - Pierre-Olivier BOUCHE (redaction_foot@sporever.fr)
Tatiana Golovin qualified for the semi-finals of the tournament, benefiting from the retirement of Silvia Farina-Elia (n°7). After palying for 27 minutes, the Italian player, injured at her right shoulder, preferred to quit. She had just lost the first set 6-0.

Just like last year for her first participation in the tournament, Tatiana Golovin secured a spot for the semi-finals. Without questioning her talent, the Franco-Russian player has so far essentially benefited from extremely favourable circumstances. Opposed to a qualified player in the first round (Séverine Beltrame), Tati then benefited from Maria Sharapova’s withdrawal. Instead of the Russian star (n°3), she played against Sanda Mamic, lucky-loser of the draw and world n°106 who wasn’t much of a challenge (6-3, 6-4).

Opposed to Silvia Farina-Elia in the last eight, Tati wasn’t considered to be the favourite. As seed player n°7 in the tournament and world n°19, the experienced Italian player (32) is a regular. This match was a real test for the French player who feels in great form at the moment. Except that the match finished too quickly. Suffering from her right shoulder, Silvia Farina-Elia couldn’t play at her best.

The Physiotherapist Came Twice

Focused on her tennis and confident, Golovin took her opponent's service from the start and quickly led 3-0. When the two players changed sides, the Italian called the physiotherapist for the first time. From the face she pulled it was obvious her right shoulder was hurting. Back on the court, she was unable to play her tennis. She lost one game after the other and in spite of a second intervention from the physiotherapist (5-0), she was still suffering. Under these exceptionnal circumstances, Tatiana Golovin should at least receive credit for the fact she stayed concentrated. After losing the first set 6-0, Silvia Farina-Elia preferred to retire in the second set. This was a wise decision so as not to compound an injury incurred while warming-up.

In only 27 minutes, Tati found herself qualified for the semi-finals without even fighting. The French player who has been very lucky so far, at least knows how to seize the opportunities. In the last four, she may play against Serena Williams if the latter manages to get rid of Dinara Safina. The American player was sick earlier in the week, a good sign for Tatiana.

---------------------------------

Tatiana Golovin (defeated Silvia Farina-Elia, 6-0, retired):

« I am getting used to this here because last year I also benefited from a retirement before reaching the semi-finals. This morning I really felt into the game, I was determined. I knew I could achieve a good result here. I think I made it obvious as soon as the match started, I was very relaxed mentally. I am satisfied with the way I feel on the court. My service is good. (...) About Serena, I lost twice against her and I hope that this time I'll win. I have great memories in the Pierre de Coubertin Stadium. I am developping my tennis and that is my main objective. Over the last year, time has gone by so fast that sometimes I wonder what I am doing here :lol:. »

http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/sporever/photos_sporever/tennis/Femmes/GOLOVIN_OPEN_GAZ_080205.jpg

Harju.
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:20 PM
she's like writing to her journal or something. :haha:

Harju.
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:32 PM
serena withdrew.

what a luck for tati. :haha: good luck against dina.

yukon145
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:00 PM
now that Serena's out a great chance for Tati to make another final, good luck Tati!

martirogi
Feb 11th, 2005, 05:12 PM
its kinda sad though because tati doesnt get to prove herself. unless of course she beats momo in the final :devil: :hearts:

Harju.
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:44 PM
from bunker

I spoke to Tatis sister today, she is very very nice. She was outside so i said hi and if she speaks english and she said yes of course. she said she knew about wtaworld.com and she said tati checks it out from time to time though she is a very busy person. I asked her to say to Tati from all of us. She is a very nice person.

:banana:

taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*breathes*aa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaati.
everyone, from now on, behave. :haha:

the cat
Feb 11th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Good luck to Tatiana in the semifinals of Paris. :) She has gotten 2 good withdrawal breaks in this tournament with Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams withdrawls. Now Tati has to take advantage of this and win the title. I really do believe Tati had a decent chance to upset either Maria and Serena if she had gotten to play either of them.

ZAK
Feb 11th, 2005, 10:52 PM
:worship:ALLEZ TATI:worship:

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 11th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Franco-Russian Matches on the Menu

Tatiana Golovin vs Dinara Safina: Better Than in 2004… But for who?

Last year, Tatiana Golovin and Dinara Safina lost in the last four of the Open Gaz de France. They were respectively beaten by Mary Pierce and Kim Clijsters. A year later, one of the two young players is guaranteed to achieve a better result since they will be playing against each other to secure a much coveted spot in the final that will take place on Sunday. At only 17, « Tati » isn’t afraid of anything. Two years younger than her opponent, she was already announcing at the beginning of the week that her goal for this year was to start winning tournaments of the level of the Open Gaz de France.

Already twice victorious on the WTA circuit (Sopot and Palermo), Dinara Safina was defeated both times she played against Golovin. The last match between the two players dates back to January in Gold Coast where Dinara lost 7-5, 3-6, 6-2. While Dinara benefited from Serena Williams’s (n°1) walkover, Tatiana has also been lucky since the beginning of the week. After playing against a qualified player and then a lucky-loser in the two first rounds, « Tati » benefited from the retirement of Silvia Farina-Elia in quarter finals. This is another reason for Marat’s sister to watch out.

---------

and LOL Tati's voodoo continues :devil::

Dinara Safina (who benefited from Serena Williams’s walkover)

« It’s always awkward to qualify after a walkover but it happens. I cut myself between the thumb and the forefinger by banging my hand on the corner of a balustrade but that won’t hinder me tomorrow for my match against Tatiana Golovin. We already played against each other twice and she always won, it will be a difficult match but I am ready to fight until the end. :lol::lol::lol:

beauty_is_pink
Feb 12th, 2005, 01:21 PM
allez Miss Tati!!!
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Harju.
Feb 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
tati is on the tank mode atm. :help:

come on. wake up.

Harju.
Feb 12th, 2005, 01:31 PM
tati is down 1-6 1-1 :sobbing:

wurzelman
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
1-6, 6-4, 2-3 down, Safina broke after Tati had 3 Dfs.

wurzelman
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Tati broke back

wurzelman
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:34 PM
She's won the 7th game to love

wurzelman
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Tati has broken Safina again

Harju.
Feb 12th, 2005, 03:08 PM
:sad: :sobbing: :mad: :fiery:

am13
Feb 12th, 2005, 03:14 PM
It's finish ! I was very sad...

wurzelman
Feb 12th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I really thought she was going to win it when she went 5-3 up. :sad:

TatiAnnahølic
Feb 12th, 2005, 07:11 PM
glad Tati's staying positive :yeah: great attitude Tatiana!

Golovin: « It’s too bad, really »

http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/sporever/photos_sporever/tennis/Femmes/GOLOVIN_OPEN_GAZ_CONF_120205.jpg

What do you think of your match?
I failed to really get into it and my firsts set was lousy. After, I managed to get into it. I was leading 5-3, 30-0 in the third set, yet I lost the match… It’s really irritating to lose by two points. Overall I did a good match but Safina was excellent on crucial points.

Do you get the impression you lost crucial points?
Yes, definitely. When I was two points from winning the match, I made two direct faults that were unforgivable. It’s just a question of experience. Next time, I won’t do it.

What made the difference in this match?
Nothing much, really. It was a very tense and difficult match. Each point was hard to win. You constantly had to give everything you had. My hopes were kept alive right until the end. I really thought I was going to win. It’s hard to cope with a defeat.

« In a few hours I’ll be over it »

Are you really disappointed not to take part in the final?
Yes, especially for the public who was really into the match with me. When you get so much support it’s even more disappointing to lose like this. I could have played against Amélie in the final. It’s too bad, really.

Is this defeat going to be hard to overcome?
In a few hours I’ll be over it.

You know Safina well. If Amélie Mauresmo qualifies for the final, what advice will you give her?
Amélie can deal with her on her own. The way she plays bothers a lot Safina with her slices and her accelerations to the net. Safina and I have the same kind of game so it’s harder to make the difference.