PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Soccer thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Mathijs
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:45 PM
While we are discussing some soccer in Lena D's non tennis thread, i have decided (the idea is from Max, all credits to you Max ;)) to make an soccer thread so we can discuss it here, cuz i've noticed (other Lena fans as well i think) that besides supporting Lena, Soccer is also a very big and interesting thing that swelters amongst Lena D fans...

So go ahead and feel free to tell us Lena D fans who are interested in soccer, everything you wanna say or inform us about soccer....

miffedmax
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:51 PM
Three months 'til MLS (US) soccer kicks off!

I am salivating in anticipation, even though Eddie Johnson is the only quality player we have. (Okay, he's lighting up CONCACAAF in qualifiers, so it's all relative).

But yes, Lena D. and football are the most important things in sports.

Max

Mathijs
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Andy, do the south american TV station show the Dutch comp or any other European competition a little?? (i am also wondering Max if you can see some taped matches from europe??)

I dunno but there are some Latin/South American players that play in the Dutch competition, including our fav player Mauro Rosales (i can keep u up to date bout him in this thread if that's okay with you ;)) mmm i can name some Latin/ South American players that play in the Dutch Premier League and the first Division.
I like alot of Latin/South American players that play in our Dutch Competition...
okay here i go:

- Ajax: Mauro Rosales (Arg), Maxwell (Bra)
- Feyenoord: Jean Carlos Dondé (Bra), Jorge Acuña (Chl), Sebastián Pardo (Chl), Gerson Magrão (Bra), Leonardo Vitor Santiago (Bra)
- FC Groningen (one of my fav clubs in Holland, also the local club and the nearest city here, i live about 15 km west of Groningen, which is in the North of Holland ;)) Hugo Alves Velame (Bra)
- NEC Nijmegen: José Valencia (Ecu), Edgar Barreto (Par), Tininho (Bra)
- PSV: Alex Rodrigo Da Costa (Bra), Leandro do Bonfim (Bra), Jefferson Farfán (Per)
- Roda JC: Cristiano Dos Santos Rodrigues (Bra), Sergio Pacheco de Oliveira (Bra)

1th Division:

- FC Volendam: Alair Cruz Vicente (Bra)

Mathijs
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:10 PM

I am salivating in anticipation, even though Eddie Johnson is the only quality player we have. (Okay, he's lighting up CONCACAAF in qualifiers, so it's all relative).

MaxFor me as well Max, i am addicted to Lena as well to football ;)

Hope the USA can qualify themselves to the World Champs 2006, they have a good team

My fav country teams are: Holland (offcourse how the hell should i dare to be not cheering for my own country ;)), Croatia, Mexico, England, Senegal, USA, Russia (haha not only becuz of Lena is Russian, i am fan of their team for a long time now :)), Portugal, Argentina and the Czech Republic.....

Mathijs
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Here's the rest of the post i've edited in LenaD's Non tennis thread, it belongs here more ;):

Firstly i have to explain you sth, sorry to say this but with PSV and me it's the other way around, i hate PSV, well it'll be cuz here in Holland it's like this if you are a fan of PSV or Feyenoord, you hate Ajax, if you are a fan of Ajax it's the other way around.

Well i'm a Feyenoord fan as well, and that's a difficult situation in my family for me and my dad, who are Ajax fans, cuz the brothers of my dad are all supporting Feyenoord, so we tease (jokingly tease eachother) with results if Ajax or Feyenoord have lost :devil:

I am fan of Ajax since the beginning of the 90's
Liverpool is a great team!, i am happy they bought Fernando Morientes (yeah I am a Liverpool fan as well :))
Btw we have sth in common, we both hate Juventus, i am also not very fond of AC Milan, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich or Man Utd..... (sorry)

I know about the American and South American competitions from a soccer magazine here in Holland called VI (english name Soccer International) so i do follow the American and Latin American comp sometimes (i am trying to follow them more) but i am more European Competition orientated then on America or any other continent.....

If you are American i think you should know the following American players who have play in the Dutch Comp or still are playing, offcourse Beasley from PSV (he is a great player and i don't hate him let there be no doubt bout that, but it's just the fact that he plays with PSV ;)), Earnest Stewart (formerly played at Willem II and NAC Breda) John O'Brien (Ajax), and Charles Kazlauskas (NEC Nijmegen)

Paco
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:32 PM

Max

Yes, Lena and football are the most important, but if I had to choose one I'd choose Lena :)

Paco
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:35 PM
My fav country teams are: Holland (offcourse how the hell should i dare to be not for my own country ;), Croatia, Mexico, England, Senegal, USA, Russia (haha not only becuz of Lena is Russian, i am fan of their team for a long time now :)), Portugal, Argentina and the Czech Republic.....

And here are my fav country teams: Mexico, Russia (because of Lena), Peru, Portugal.
I think that Polish team is very week. :sad:

miffedmax
Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:09 PM
My favorite teams are USA, followed by the ancestral homelands: Scotland, England, France and Wales. I also like Russia (pre-Lena, even), Jamaica (once the US is safely thru), Denmark, Cameroon and S. Korea. I think if you can overlook the PSV/Ajax thing, Northa and son Elliot would get along famously. He loves Holland (wears his rather worn Holland jersey all the time). His favorite player in the world is van der Saar, followed by Kasey Keller and Tim Howard. Favorite field players are Bergkamp and Beasley--the killer b's?

I do get to see some stuff here on tape. My friends and I also spring for pay-per-view for things like the European Championships and various cups. The internet makes it easier to follow things too. We have season tickets to FC Dallas (U.S. Open Cup Champs '97). I've been to World Cups in Mexico (1986) and the U.S. (1994). And I played in one of the first soccer leagues organized in the state of Texas when I was a kid.

So there's my soccer history.

Max

bergkamp2004
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:01 AM
I am a massive Arsenal fan who is quite upset at the moment. Arsenal were dreadful v man utd in the second half and were deservedly beaten. I am the biggest DENNIS BERGKAMP fan there is. I honestly believe bergkamp is the greatest player EVER. I am not from the arsenal area but i have loyally supported them since 1993 when i remember andy linhigan scoring the winning goal for arsenal in the fa cup final. So i may be called a glory supporter but i stick with arsenal through thick and thin.

i love going to football matches and sometimes go to arsenal matches but more often england matches. I am not patriotic when it comes to european matches. I hope liverpool, man utd and chelsea all lose their champions league matches as i want arsenal to be the best. However i want middlesborough to win the uefa cup.

Top 5 teams

arsenal
wolverhampton wanderers
bayern munich
everton
rapid bucharest - due to football manager !!

top 5 international teams

england
wales
france
argentina
holland - due to bergy connection

top 5 goals scored

Bergkamp - holland v argentina
Bergkamp - Arsenal v Newcaste at St James park
Giggs - Man u v Arsenal where he took whole of defence on
Matt le Tissier - Southampton v Newcastle 1994 - unbelievable skill
Paulo Di Canio - West Ham - marco van basten style volley

Chunchun
Feb 4th, 2005, 04:09 AM
:yawn:

bergkamp2004
Feb 4th, 2005, 05:32 AM
:yawn:

if you dont like football, u need some help

Elena2005
Feb 4th, 2005, 10:36 AM
top 5 goals scored

Paulo Di Canio - West Ham - marco van basten style volley

Bergkamp - holland v argentina, best goal I have ever seen!
Matt le Tissier - Southampton v Newcastle 1994 - unbelievable skill, the man is a genius.

1) Southampton - My favourite team even though they aren't doing well @ the moment
2) AC Milan - Go shevchenko (my favourite player)
3) Real Madrid - Raul, my 2nd favourite player

stefan_jonas
Feb 4th, 2005, 12:11 PM
I've been an Ajax fan since I was about 3. Obviously I'm a fan of Holland also. I'm also into Swedish football. Stefan Selakovic (Halmstad, Heerenveen) is my favourite player, I wish Ajax would sign him. Patrick Kluivert is my favourite player of all time, and I am very dissappointed that he joined Newcastle.
I am not a fan of English football and in fact I find it very over-rated. I hope the English national team loses every single game they play.
Max, I reckon Landon Donovan is a top player, and I wish him well at Leverkusen. Being an Ajax supporter I like reading up on youngsters. Marat Izmailov from Russia is promising.
Paco, Poland isn't weak, you have great players in Olisadabe, Zurawski and Szymkowiak.
I'm a Championship/Football Manager addict.

Paco
Feb 4th, 2005, 12:13 PM
:o :o I forgot about Jorge Campos from Mexico - the best goalkeeper I have ever seen. :o :o
I like his kits - it was so colourful.
Mea culpa, mea culpa

:bowdown: :bowdown: Jorge, please forgive me!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

bergkamp2004
Feb 4th, 2005, 01:00 PM
the english league is much better than the dutch league - thats why all the big stars leave for england, italy or spain

Paco
Feb 4th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Bergkamp - holland v argentina, best goal I have ever seen!
Matt le Tissier - Southampton v Newcastle 1994 - unbelievable skill, the man is a genius.

Unfortunately I didn't see these goals.
For me the best are:
1 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Ajax vs. Nac Breda
2 - Zlatan Ibrahimovis - Sweden vs. Italy
3 - Benny McCarthy - Fc Porto vs. ... I forgot it :sad:

Paco
Feb 4th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I have one little question:
What is with Wesley Sonck?
I know that he had an injury. When he will play again?

Mathijs
Feb 4th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I have one little question:
What is with Wesley Sonck?
I know that he had an injury. When he will play again?
Wesley Sonck doesn't play for Ajax anymore, he plays know @ Borussia Mönchengladbach in the German Premier League (Where Dick Advocaat, the ex-Coach of the National Dutch team is trainer now) i've read in some local Dutch newspaper that he's playing already again....

Paco, does the Polish TV broadcast the Dutch league??, cuz it's nice to know that foreigners also could see the Zlatan was a good player, i loved him, making goals against Nac etc. it's a pity that Zlatan has moved to Juve now, but Ajax has a good replacement for him, Angelos Charisteas.....

Paco
Feb 4th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks for information about Sonck. I think he is quiet good player.
Yes, we can see Dutch League in TV - unfortunatelly only the best teams like
Ajax (it's ok), PSV, Feyenord and Az.

And next question: who will be the next player from Ajax juniors squad in Ajax first team? :) It's sure that he will be very good like Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Varr or Babel. I think that Koeman is very good coach.

Mathijs
Feb 4th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for information about Sonck. I think he is quiet good player.
Yes, we can see Dutch League in TV - unfortunatelly only the best teams like
Ajax (it's ok), PSV, Feyenord and Az.

And next question: who will be the next player from Ajax juniors squad in Ajax first team? :) It's sure that he will be very good like Wesley Sneijder, Rafael van der Varr or Babel. I think that Koeman is very good coach.mm unfortunately Paco, i don't have a view and clue on who's gonna be the next big player in the senior Ajax squad from the youth, Babel is the next best player to come, he is such a great player!!

Alenyaa
Feb 4th, 2005, 02:18 PM
I think that Polish team is very week. :sad:
[OUOTE=bergkamp2004]top 5 goals scored

Paulo Di Canio - West Ham - marco van basten style volley[/QOUTE]

@Paco: Well, your team isn't that weak, and you got a hell of a keeper in Jerzy Dudek! :worship:

@bergkamp2004: WHat about his goal vs Juventus in the Champions League? :worship:

And uhm; Feyenoord are Holland's finest! (Even thuogh they don't win too often anymore :p)

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:34 PM
yes northa, here we can follow the dutch league, but delayed. In fact we can follow the spanish, italian, mexican, premier league, uefa champions league, and so on

five best goals I've ever seen: the five maradona's goals in mexico 86.

Amazing Elena
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Wesley Sonck doesn't play for Ajax anymore, he plays know @ Borussia Mönchengladbach in the German Premier League

Bundesliga, you mean :p
But I like Ajax, AS Roma and Barcelona

bergkamp2004
Feb 4th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Bergkamp did not score v juventus. He did some amazing trickery before passing it to freddie ljungberg who scored.

How about everyones top 5 players of all time

1.Dennis Bergkamp
2.Peter Schmeichel
3.Tony Adams
4.Paulo Maldini
5.Bobby Charlton

bergkamp2004
Feb 4th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Bergkamp did not score v juventus. He did some amazing trickery before passing it to freddie ljungberg who scored.

1.Dennis Bergkamp
2.Peter Schmeichel
3.Tony Adams
4.Paulo Maldini
5.Bobby Charlton

somehow i think thierry henry will challenge dennis 'the menace', 'god' Bergkamp soon

Amazing Elena
Feb 4th, 2005, 04:19 PM
My favorite players are:
Francesco Totti
Ronaldinho
Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Ronaldo777
Feb 4th, 2005, 07:17 PM
1.roy keane[most influencial midfield player ever and sticks up for his team.see him v arsenal.he was excepional,a giant among men]
2.cristiano ronaldo[most skilled player around]
3.ronaldinho[brilliant]
4.figo[genius]
5.zidane[special]

fav teams are portugal,brazil,holland and ireland.u see keanes goal against holland last time northa.ireland destroyed holland.

honourable mentions;
adriano
ronaldo
raul
xavi
shevchenko
rooney

miffedmax
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:08 PM
My all time faves list is a direct result of living in a country, that despite it's many qualities, does not appreciate footy.

Here it is

1. Pedro Gano--Argentine who played for the old Dallas Tornado and consistently lead the old NASL in fouls and cards.

2. Kyle Rote, Jr.--one of the first U.S. born players worth sh*t

3. Brad Friedel--sorry Kasey

4. Platini--sheer f'in genius on every touch

5. Pat Jennings--shame he didn't play for a stronger national side

6. Ian Rush--goals and a temper

7. Ian Wright--as above

8. Thomas N'Kono--performance in the net at WC '82 put African soccer on the map

9. John Doyle--another defensive player accused of being more physical than elegant.

10. Run DMB and Eddie Johnson--future of U.S. soccer

And, here's the relevant picture of our patron goddess:

Paco
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Miffedmax what do you think about Cobi Jones?
I ask you because he is american.
In my opinion he is pretty good.

Mathijs
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:00 PM
1.roy keane[most influencial midfield player ever and sticks up for his team.see him v arsenal.he was excepional,a giant among men]
2.cristiano ronaldo[most skilled player around]
3.ronaldinho[brilliant]
4.figo[genius]
5.zidane[special]

fav teams are portugal,brazil,holland and ireland.u see keanes goal against holland last time northa.ireland destroyed holland.

honourable mentions;
adriano
ronaldo
raul
xavi
shevchenko
rooney

Yes Ronaldo, i remember Ireland-Holland qualifying match for World Champs 2002 very well, it was a really sad day for me :sad:

well some of my fav. players are:

- Angelos Charisteas (Ajax)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Juventus)
- Arjen Robben (Chelsea)
- Roque Santa Cruz (Bayern Münich)
- Roy Makaay (Bayern Münich)
- Mauro Rosales (Ajax)
- Milan Baros (Liverpool)
- Dennis Bergkamp (offcourse ;)) (Arsenal)
- Jesper Gronkjaer (Birmingham City)
- Marek Heinz (B Mönchengladbach :scratch: )
- Djibril Cissé (Liverpool)
- Fernando Morientes (Liverpool)
- Frédéric Kanouté (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Nwanko Kanu (West Bromwich Albion, formerly Ajax and Arsenal)
- Finidi George (formerly Ajax and Real Mallorca)
- Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)
- Savo Milosevic (Osasuna)
- Javi Moreno (Real Zaragoza)
- Darko Kovacevic (Real Sociedad)
- Daniel da Cruz Carvalho (:confused: last club was Atletico Madrid, also
former Ajax player)

@ Amazing Elena, yeah i was meaning die Bundesliga, but i thought it was better to use the German Premier league instead, for anybody who doesn't understand any German :lol: I am also an Ajax in case you didn't noticed it yet, i wanna add one team to my fav teams, Fulham.

Dya guys know (especially the Lena D fans from Great Britain and Holland) that there will be a friendly match coming up between England and Holland on Februari the 9th??, pity that Arjen Robben can't play on the Dutch team, becuz he's injured :( (again :sad: )

Paco
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Daniel da Cruz Carvalho (:confused: last club was Atletico Madrid, also former Ajax player)

Yeah, he was very good player. But I don't know where he is playing. I heard that he was the most hansdome player in dutch league.

With Benny McCarthy, Jari Litmanen and Tijani Babangida (where is he palying now?) he was ma favourite Aajx player.

Mathijs
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Yeah, he was very good player. But I don't know where he is playing. I heard that he was the most hansdome player in dutch league.

With Benny McCarthy, Jari Litmanen and Tijani Babangida (where is he palying now?) he was ma favourite Aajx player.

yes Dani was one of the most handsome players indeed........ and a good one to, he scored twice against Atl. Madrid in the QF of the CL (it was in 1997 or 1998 i believe)

Dunno where Baba is playing now, but the last news (already 3 years or more ago) was that he was playing in Turkey or Greece.....

Well i have alot of fav Ajax players but will tell ya next time bout it, cuz i really need to go now....

Paco
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:29 PM
And next my favourite players - from my childhood. I have just looked at my football magazines from 1994-2002 and I remembered these players:
Phil Masinga (South Africa)
Daniel Amokachi (Nigeria)
Viktor Ikpeba (Nigeria)
Mustapha Hadji (Marocco)
Bebeto (Brazil)
Cuathemoc Blanco (Mexico)
Luis Hernandez (Mexico)
Jared Borghetti (Mexico)
Palencia (Mexico)
Cobi Jones (USA)
Henrik Larsson (Sweden)
And every Ajax players from 1994-1995 (Jari Litmanen, Marc Overmars, Frank Rijkard, Danny Blind, Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Michael Raizinger, Edvin van der Saar, Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu, Patrick Kluivert and others)

And players about which I told you earlier:
Nuno Gomes (Portugal)
Daniel da Cruz Carvalho Dani (Portugal)
Tijani Babangida (Nigeria)
Benny McCarthy (South Africa)
Jari Litmanen (Finland)
and
Jorge Campos (Did you forgive me that I had forgotten about you??? :bigcry: )

Mathijs
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:31 PM
And next my favourite players - from my childhood. I have just looked at my football magazines from 1994-2002 and I remembered these players:
Phil Masinga (South Africa)
Daniel Amokachi (Nigeria)
Viktor Ikpeba (Nigeria)
Mustapha Hadji (Marocco)
Bebeto (Brazil)
Cuathemoc Blanco (Mexico)
Luis Hernandez (Mexico)
Jared Borghetti (Mexico)
Palencia (Mexico)
Cobi Jones (USA)
Henrik Larsson (Sweden)
And every Ajax players from 1994-1995 (Jari Litmanen, Marc Overmars, Frank Rijkard, Danny Blind, Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Michael Raizinger, Edvin van der Saar, Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu, Patrick Kluivert and others)

And players about which I told you earlier:
Nuno Gomes (Portugal)
Daniel da Cruz Carvalho Dani (Portugal)
Tijani Babangida (Nigeria)
Benny McCarthy (South Africa)
Jari Litmanen (Finland)
and
Jorge Campos (Did you forgive me that I had forgotten about you??? :bigcry: )

Paco, i did search for my fav players at the same way as you, you going through my season guide of the Dutch league and the season guide of the foreign countries :haha:

Paco
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Paco, Poland isn't weak, you have great players in Olisadabe, Zurawski and Szymkowiak.
I'm a Championship/Football Manager addict.

....and Mila, Krzynówek (the best one), Frankowski.
But nobody more.
I just don't know how they won 3 matches in WC eliminations.

miffedmax
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Miffedmax what do you think about Cobi Jones?
I ask you because he is american.
In my opinion he is pretty good.

Paco:

I love Cobi on the national team.

I hate Cobi because he used to score goals in buckets against my home team in MLS. He had a two-goal, two assist performance against Dallas that I still have nightmares about.

So I have a love/hate thing with Cobi--but there's no denying he was among the first American players really good enough to compete on the world stage.

From what I understand he is also a smart, nice guy who shows his appreciation to his fans. He certainly comes across that way when interviewed by the press.

So, yes, I would say he is (or was, age is catching up with him) among the best U.S. players and he is very popular among U.S. fans.

Of course, most Yanks would just give you a blank stare if you asked who he was.

Max

bergkamp2004
Feb 5th, 2005, 01:36 AM
paco you are bringing back the memories by mentions those players. Amokachi was influential in everton's 1995 fa cup win.

Does anyone remember tony yeboah, the man who scored wondergoals off the crossbar

Paco
Feb 5th, 2005, 09:16 AM
paco you are bringing back the memories by mentions those players. Amokachi was influential in everton's 1995 fa cup win.

Does anyone remember tony yeboah, the man who scored wondergoals off the crossbar

I remember him but I don't remember the goal :sad:

jmcfarla
Feb 5th, 2005, 09:54 AM

1.Dennis Bergkamp
2.Peter Schmeichel
3.Tony Adams
4.Paulo Maldini
5.Bobby Charlton

Hi all, you'll probably pick up I'm a Glasgow Rangers fan (it is so hard not to be biased)
But here's some of my favs:

Of All Time
1. Ferenc Puskas (Hungary) - 1950s/60s
2. Lev Yashin (USSR) - 1960s
3. Jim Baxter (Scotland) - 1960s
4. Diego Maradona (Argentina) - 1980s/90s
5. Nandor Hidegkuti (Hungary) - 1950s
On the bench:
6. Denis Law (Scotland) - 1960s
7. Alexei 'Tiger' Khomich (USSR) - 1940s/50s

Players I've Seen (mostly Rangers players)
1. Ally McCoist (Scotland) - Super Ally
2. Brian Laudrup (Denmark) - Sheer class
3. Andy Goram (Scotland) - the Goalie
4. Mark Hateley (England) - One of England's most under-rated strikers
5. Davie Cooper (Scotland) - the late great Davie Cooper :bowdown:
On the bench:
6. Stuart McCall (Scotland) - all heart
7. Henrik Larsson (Sweden) - he may have played for Celtic, but class is class :worship:
8. Stefan Klos (Germany) - der Goalie

Ronaldo777
Feb 5th, 2005, 02:00 PM
best players ever;

pele
maradona
platini
weah
cryff
roy keane
zidane
figo
ronaldo
romario
ronaldinho
maldini
stoichkov
socrates
cristiano ronaldo will rank top of these in couple of years

Paco
Feb 5th, 2005, 07:07 PM
As I saw not only I like Russian national team.
Here squad of Russia team A:

Name - Pos. - Team
Sergei Ovchinnikov - G - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Viacheslav Malafeev - G - Zenit (Sankt-Petersburg)
Igor Akinfeev - G - CSKA (Moscow)
Vadim Evseev - D - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Alexei Berezutsky - D - CSKA (Moscow)
Roman Sharonov - D - Rubin (Kazan)
Alexei Bugaev - D - Torpedo (Moscow)
Dmitri Sennikov - D - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Sergei Ignashevitch - D - CSKA (Moscow)
Alexander Aniukov - D - Krylia Sovetov (Samara)
Alexei Smertin - M - Chelsea (London)
Eugeni Aldonin - M - CSKA (Moscow)
Rolan Gusev - M - CSKA (Moscow)
Marat Izmailov - M - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Dmitri Alenichev - M - Spartak (Moscow)
Andrei Kariaka - M - Krylia Sovetov (Samara)
Dmitri Khokhlov - M - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Denis Boyarintsev - M - Rubin (Kazan)
Igor Semshov - M - Torpedo (Moscow)
Dmitri Loskov - M - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Vladimir Bystrov - M - Zenit (Sankt-Petersburg)
Sergey Semak - M - PSG (Paris)
Dmitri Sychev - F - Lokomotiv (Moscow)
Alexander Kerzhakov - F - Zenit (Sankt-Petersburg)
Andrei Arshavin - F - Zenit (Sankt-Petersburg)
Dmitri Bulykin - F - Dinamo (Moscow)
Dmitri Kirichenko - F - CSKA (Moscow)

What do you think about each players?
In my opinion:
Andrei Arshavin can be one of the best palyers in the world.
Alexander Kerzhakov, Dmitri Bulykin, Dmitri Sychev are very good forwards.
Rolan Gusev, Marat Izmailov, Andrei Kariaka, Alexei Smertin are good mid.
Vadim Evseev is very good def.
Igor Akinfeev is very young and, in futute, he will be one of the best goalkeeper in the world.

_LuCaS_
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Hi
I love soccer ;)
Fav player: Mutu (even if he is now suspended :( until May...btw Juventus already owns him :woohoo: )
Fav all time player: Hagi :worship:
Unfortunately our national team is going through a crisis, Iordanescu resigned after a 1-1 with Armenia :mad: but I still have hopes for the World Championships in Germany, even if we are in group with Holland and Czech Republic :bolt:

stefan_jonas
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:18 PM
mm unfortunately Paco, i don't have a view and clue on who's gonna be the next big player in the senior Ajax squad from the youth, Babel is the next best player to come, he is such a great player!!

Urby Emanuelson, Hedwiges Maduro and Keneth Vermeer look alright. Baba played last for 1860 Munchen I think not sure exactly where he is right now.

And Paco why isn't Sergey Semak in the lineup? Hes one of the best Russian players by far. And I would have also thought Yegor Titov would be indispensible.

My dream team:
Hedman(Gk)
1. F. de Boer
2. P. Andersson
3 .F. Baresi
4. E.Davids
5. B. Laudrup
6. J. Cruyff
7. R.van der Vaart
8. Denilson
9. H. Larsson
10. P. Kluivert

Bench:
S. Petterson, T.Brolin, D.Bergkamp, F.Rijkaard, T. Christiansen(Spain), R. Donadoni, G. Popescu

bergkamp2004
Feb 6th, 2005, 05:39 PM
yegot titov failed a drugs test. he might have been banned for that

Paco
Feb 6th, 2005, 06:30 PM
And Paco why isn't Sergey Semak in the lineup? Hes one of the best Russian players by far. And I would have also thought Yegor Titov would be indispensible.

I have it from official russian football federation site:
http://www.rfs.ru/
There is now different squad for friendly match vs. Italy.
And yes Semak is pretty good - I added him to lineup :)

Paco
Feb 6th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Is it true that Ajax lost to Twente 1:2?????
Ten points to PSV and 8 to AZ :sad:

Paco
Feb 6th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I've just found that Babangida is playing in Changchun Jinlai (in China) and Daniel da Cruz Carvalho Dani has retired.

I found it at: http://www.playerhistory.com/
It's very good site. But, unfotunately for more information at this site you have to pay :(

Paco
Feb 6th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Hi
I love soccer ;)
Fav player: Mutu (even if he is now suspended :( until May...btw Juventus already owns him :woohoo: )
Fav all time player: Hagi :worship:
Unfortunately our national team is going through a crisis, Iordanescu resigned after a 1-1 with Armenia :mad: but I still have hopes for the World Championships in Germany, even if we are in group with Holland and Czech Republic :bolt:

It will be hard for your team but I think not imposible :)

jmcfarla
Feb 6th, 2005, 08:04 PM
It will be hard for your team but I think not imposible :)

Yeah it could be worst, you could be in Scotland's position :eek: :sad:

Come on Wattie and the boys :bounce:

Mathijs
Feb 6th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Is it true that Ajax lost to Twente 1:2?????
Ten points to PSV and 8 to AZ :sad:

Yes Paco it's true :sad: (i've seen the summary of the match tonite), IMO Ajax won't be the champs this year, it'll be going between PSV and AZ, IMO it'll be very difficult for Ajax to qualify themselves for the CL....

PSV and AZ both won, PSV from RBC Roosendaal 4-1 and AZ from Heerenveen with 3-1....

Mathijs
Feb 6th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I've just found that Babangida is playing in Changchun Jinlai (in China) and Daniel da Cruz Carvalho Dani has retired.

I found it at: http://www.playerhistory.com/
It's very good site. But, unfotunately for more information at this site you have to pay :(

Yup Paco, i just saw a reporting bout Dani tonite, he has indeed retired, and is now a presenter for the Portuguese TV....

stefan_jonas
Feb 7th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Dani was one of the shining lights in Ajax bad patch between 98-00. But coming 3rd Ajax will most likely make it through the qualifiers. I really hope they can at least catch up with AZ. As long as they finish top 3 it'll be fine, the new players are just settling in. If Koeman kept the 01/02 squad with Chivu, van der Meyde and Zlatan we would have won the Champions League already.

Elena2005
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Anyone gonna watch wednesday's matches between the Netherlands(Northernlight) vs England(Captain & Bergkamp2004) and Argentina(andy) vs Germany(Smasher) ?

stefan_jonas
Feb 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah I hope Holland smashes the Pommies. 3-0 win for Holland :)

bergkamp2004
Feb 7th, 2005, 12:30 PM
no chance - wayne rooney hattrick will destroy them

holland are a spent force - they have no good players any more

Paco
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM
What about match between Poland and Belarus. It will be so fascinating match :p

Mathijs
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Anyone gonna watch wednesday's matches between the Netherlands(Northernlight) vs England(Captain & Bergkamp2004) and Argentina(andy) vs Germany(Smasher) ?

Yeah Elena2005, i'll watch the match on Wednesday ;)

@ Bergkamp2004, we have plenty of good soccer players ;), it's just that we are rejuvenate or teams with youngsters, they just have to settle in, our good players are Robben (sadly he doesn't play cuz he's injured), Boulahrouz, Kromkamp, Castelen, Landzaat, Heitinga...

So we'll have to see if England is gonna win easy Wednesday Bergkamp2004, i think we have a good squad so it's gonna be a tight match, looking forward to it :)

Paco
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM

I don't know if it will be showed by polish tv. I think I'll watch Poland vs. Belarus. But if Netherlands vs. England is showed I'll watch it :)

In my opinion Netherlands will win it.

But I really want to watch match between Russia and Italy

Elena2005
Feb 8th, 2005, 06:37 AM
What about match between Poland and Belarus. It will be so fascinating match :p

They are only showing the matches between Argentina & Germany and Netherlands & England in South Africa. so I'll be watching the game between Netherlands & England. Hope the Netherlands win with a double from Van der Vaart. :hehehe:

@ bergkamp2004, England have to lose, just like their Rugby players(Wales) & Cricketers(South Africa). :haha:

Mathijs
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:41 AM
They are only showing the matches between Argentina & Germany and Netherlands & England in South Africa. so I'll be watching the game between Netherlands & England. Hope the Netherlands win with a double from Van der Vaart. :hehehe:

@ bergkamp2004, England have to lose, just like their Rugby players(Wales) & Cricketers(South Africa). :haha:

Let's hope that V.d Vaart gets a double, and make Hooland win Elena 2005 ;)

stefan_jonas
Feb 8th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Too much talent around the pitch. I just found it surprising the Poms have invested in young blood! Denny Landzaat was a reject Ajax youngster in 1995 I think. VDV will own this one, and I hope Kluivert gets some game time.

Elena2005 I'll be watching the Australia v. South Africa game in Durban. Should be a cracker!

miffedmax
Feb 8th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Geez, you mean nobody's up for the USA vs. Trinidad & Tobago match?

If we lose this one . . .

Max

Paco
Feb 8th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Geez, you mean nobody's up for the USA vs. Trinidad & Tobago match?

If we lose this one . . .

Max

USA should win it.
Also Mexico have to win with Costa Rica.

In Poland will show only Poland vs Belarus and France vs Sweden (it can be very exciting match). :(

I will at eurosport.com (http://www.eurosport.com) and watch live results :)

Paco
Feb 8th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I just watched match between Ivory Coast vs. D.R. Congo (2:2) Two penalties in last 2 minutes :) - Wow, they are good.
I like african football - it's pretty exciting.

Paco
Feb 8th, 2005, 09:22 PM
How funny football is now.
Do you see results in group where play: Greece Denmark, Turkey and Ukraine.
I thought that Danmark will have easy win and Greece second place.
But there is something different - Grecce play very weak, Albania plays pretty good, Danmark not good but not bad, Turkey could be, only Ukraine plays very good ( I thougth that they be on 4th position).
What happen with football?

bergkamp2004
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:46 AM
oooooooooooooooh

first blow to the english as the young dutch lads show a bit of pride

England U21 1-2 Holland U21

Holland's Frank Van Mosselveld (l) challenges John Welsh
Holland made the most of a disjointed performance by England to claim a comfortable friendly win.
Fulham striker Collins John put the Dutch ahead when Liam Ridgewell failed to cut out Edson Braafheid's cross.

Edridge Joger made it 2-0 before half-time when he rose unchallenged at the far post to head Stijn Schaars' deep free-kick past Scott Carson.

Substitute Leroy Lita did manage a consolation for England by turning in a John Welsh cross in the final minute.

Both sides were intent on attacking in the opening stages, but it was the Dutch who were looking more threatening in front of goal.

Stijn Schaars fired over a free-kick from the edge of the penalty area and Raymond Fafiani volleyed wide

England were living dangerously, and their resistence only lasted 19 minutes.

John found the net from close range after Ridgewell failed to deal with Braafheid's dangerous cross from the left.

That at least served to settle England down and they had three chances to reply in quick succession around the half-hour mark.

First Holland goalkeeper Boy Waterman failed to deal with a free-kick and the ball fell to Liam Ridgewell, but his shot on the turn was deflected wide by John's outstretched leg.

Soon after Carlton Cole's cross was volleyed over at the far-post by Milner, then Waterman had a clearance charged down by Cole and was only just able to clear his lines.

But Peter Taylor's side fell further behind on 37 minutes when a deep free-kick was sent towards the far post and Joger found space to nod downwards into the net.

England made three substitutions at half-time with Lee Camp replacing Carson in goal and Kieran Richardson and John Welsh coming on for Leighton Baines and Dean Ashton.

But the Dutch picked up where they left off, forcing Camp into two smart saves from Fafiani and John within five minutes of the restart.

England's best chances were coming on the break and Jon Stead should have done better when he was sent clear by Richardson.

Milner also sent a shot skidding just past Waterman's post from outside the area before Welsh went close from long range as Taylor's side pressed for a consolation.

And the late pressure paid off as Lita pounced on to Welsh's cross to prod the ball past Waterman from close range in the 90th minute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England U21: Carson (Camp 46), Hoyte (Lita 65), Baines (Welsh 46), Huddlestone, Taylor, Ridgewell, Routledge (Marney 70), Whittingham, Cole (Stead 41), Ashton (Richardson 46), Milner.
Subs Not Used: Harding, Watson, Carter, Lonergan.

Booked: Marney, Stead.

Goals: Lita 90.

Holland U21: Waterman, Verhaegh, Wolfgang (Maduro 77), Van Mosselveld, Braafheid, Schaars, De Ridder, Fafiani (Tuyp 85), John, Hofs, Joger (Korf 83).
Subs Not Used: De Zeeuw, Pasveer, Van Der Struyk.

Booked: Hofs.

Goals: John 19, Joger 37.

Att: 33,184

Ref: Darko Ceferin (Slovenia).

Elena2005
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Too much talent around the pitch. I just found it surprising the Poms have invested in young blood! Denny Landzaat was a reject Ajax youngster in 1995 I think. VDV will own this one, and I hope Kluivert gets some game time.

Elena2005 I'll be watching the Australia v. South Africa game in Durban. Should be a cracker!

South Africa are useless @ football :tape:, Australia should win.

stefan_jonas
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Last time we only won 1-0, but without Hazza so I don't know, the Ajax CT players are pretty good!

Boy Waterman is a terrible keeper!! Kieran Richardson is a good player though

miffedmax
Feb 9th, 2005, 08:20 PM
:woohoo: Woohoo!

FC Dallas' own Eddie Johnson :worship: scores his 6th goal in qualifying to put the US up 1-0 over T&T!!!

Max

miffedmax
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:48 PM
:woohoo:

USA 2

T&T 1

T&T is always a tough road game and have something of a reputation as a giant killer, so getting 3 pts. is a good show for the US of A.

Mathijs
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Last time we only won 1-0, but without Hazza so I don't know, the Ajax CT players are pretty good!

Boy Waterman is a terrible keeper!! Kieran Richardson is a good player though

Don't agree, Waterman is a good keeper ! ;), and certainly a keeper for the future!!, I want him in the goal of Heerenveen instead of Vandenbussche....

Just finished watching England ag. Holland, 0-0, but i am really happy with the draw in this friendly match, cuz Holland had to team up alot of youngsters, and they did it superb, pity that Kuyt just hit the Post in the 1th half, else we should have won :)

bergkamp2004
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:20 PM
england 0 holland 0

the worst game ever

england were dreadful

we need a new boss......NOW !!!!!!!!

stefan_jonas
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:50 PM
It was a bit dissappointing for Holland too. England had what 5 key defenders missing and we still didn't make a real impact in front of goal. We always seem to have alot of the possession without creating many chances. I cannot believe how undermanned we are, we had Henk Timmer as a backup keeper, and only 5 subsitutes. The good thing is that Johnny played OK and didn't get red carded :)

Paco
Feb 10th, 2005, 02:46 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Poland lost to Belarus (1-3)
For Poland sored Zurawski and for Balarus, A.Gleb, W.Gleb and Lavrik.

As I said USA won with T&T (2-1), Mexico with Costa Rica (2-1).

Did you see goals scored by Brazil in last match?

Paco
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:24 PM
South Africa are useless @ football :tape:, Australia should win.

Only draw: 1-1
In South Africa plays one of the best players in the world - Benny McCarthy. They aren't useless at football, in my opinion. In Africa they are pretty good.

Paco
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah it could be worst, you could be in Scotland's position :eek: :sad:

Come on Wattie and the boys :bounce:

Yeah, it's not good position

Group 5
position - team - Pts - P - W - D - L - GF-GA (+/-)
1 - Italy - 9 - 4 - 3 - 0 - 1 - 7-5 (2)
2 - Norway - 7 - 4 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 6-3 (3)
3 - Slovenia - 7 - 4 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 4-3 (1)
4 - Belarus - 4 - 3 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 8-5 (3)
5 - Scotland - 2 - 3 - 0 - 2 - 1 - 1-2 (-1)
6 - Moldova - 1 - 4 - 0 - 1 - 3 1-9 (-8)

They rather don't have any chance to paly in World Cup 2006. Maybe in 2010 they will play :)

To be honest I don't know much about football in Scotland. I only know abou great team - Celtic Glasgow. (Go Celtic :bounce: )
But I really want to visit your country because, in my opinion, it's very beautifull.

Elena2005
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:27 AM
In South Africa plays one of the best players in the world - Benny McCarthy. They aren't useless at football, in my opinion. In Africa they are pretty good.

Benny is only good when he plays for his club because he gets good service from the players @ Porto. In South africa the players are 2 selfish, they don't like to pass the ball.

My impression of Shaun Wright Phillips in front of goal - :zzz:
Unlucky fo the Netherlands not to win, lots of youngsters in the squad.

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:14 PM
tonight will begin argentinian league. If you are intrested, I'll keep you post....

Alenyaa
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Argentina: River Plate and Boca Juniors!!! :)

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:49 PM
yes, yes, but the reigning champion is newell's old boys, hehe...

Alenyaa
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Who? :p

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:59 PM
newell's...do you live in a submarine, or what..? ;)

Paco
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:01 PM
tonight will begin argentinian league. If you are intrested, I'll keep you post....
Well, I don't really know argentinian league. But, I think, it's good time to learn more about it :)

Alenyaa
Feb 11th, 2005, 07:25 PM

No, on the SS Dementieva... Can be pretty remote sometimes as well :p

Mathijs
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:06 PM

Hola Andy, Qué Tal? (hahaha yeah as you can see i'm working on my Spanish now :))

I know the Newell's since i've been trying to follow the Argentinian (also Brazilian and MLS and other comp from North and South America) by a magazine, a couple of years, following the results and the goalscorers, sadly they don't broadcast the Argentinian competition or any other North/South American Competition...
I'm sure you know the following argentinian teams, Lanus, Newell's offcourse (full name is Newell's old boys if i'm correct which is a beautiful name), Velez Sarsfield, offcourse Riverplate, and a team can't remember the name but it's sounds like the Italian town of Belluno...

you can keep me updated Andy, i like the Argentinian Competition, it'sd interesting and i can inform you a lil bout Rosales, how he plays lately

stefan_jonas
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:00 PM
I think you're talking about Belgrano. I've been supporting Racing Club and San Lorenzo for a bit, primarily because I don't like seeing Boca Juniors, River or Independiente winning. Gabriel Batistuta came from Newell's if my memory serves me correctly. Our football program (every Sunday) on TV regularly broadcasts South American football, mainly the Argentine Premier Divison and the Copa America.

stefan_jonas
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:07 PM

That was the worst game Australia has played in a long time. Especially Tony Vidmar (Cardiff?) who was a shocking RB, he's too old for the game. Passes were shocking, dirty tackling (Vince Grella) but a good game for Jason Culina who made his debut. South Africa definetely should have won, Pienaar was fantastic he ran the whole midfield.

Mathijs
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:50 PM
I think you're talking about Belgrano. I've been supporting Racing Club and San Lorenzo for a bit, primarily because I don't like seeing Boca Juniors, River or Independiente winning. Gabriel Batistuta came from Newell's if my memory serves me correctly. Our football program (every Sunday) on TV regularly broadcasts South American football, mainly the Argentine Premier Divison and the Copa America.

Yeah i was meaning Belgrano thanks for naming it Stefan :yeah:, sadly here in Holland i have to follow the scores or on our ceefax (Copa America) or Soccer Magazines.
I think the soccer clubs in North and South America have beautiful names which i like alot...., well i don't really have a fav. Argentinian or South or North American club, cuz i do like all of them, and some clubs have superb players ;) :D

btw can somebody explain what's the difference between the words Football and Soccer, when should i choose Soccer and when should i use Football?, it's confusing me all the time...

Does the Australian TV, broadcast any competition from Europe, like the Dutch one for instance?, and has Australia it's own Competition??, i know some Australians that have played in the Dutch league or still are playing, like Tony Vidmar, He came to NAC, then he went to the Rangers, and since a few weeks he´s playing for NAC again ;) which is great cuz it's a great player, just like his brother Aurelio who also has played for NAC, but where he plays now i dun know,
we Also had an Australian keeper playing for Ajax a year ago, Joey Didulica, he was a superb keeper by Ajax, he could jump very high, pity he got not a real chance by Ajax ( i've seen that with other superb players in the past sadly :sad: ) now he plays for Austria Vienna in Austria......, but if he plays there in the team i don't know

Tonite the top match in Dutch league between the no 1 and 2, namely AZ and PSV, if AZ wins AZ will pass PSV in the ranking which gives them a really good shot for the championship..., if AZ loses they still have a chance although it's going to be hard then...
Btw guess who will be AZ's Coach next year, now CO Adriaanse is leaving the club on the end of the season......, Louis van Gaal will be the new head coach of AZ!!.

My fav local club here FC Groningen has drawn ag. Vitesse yesterday evening 0-0, sadly my fav player on the team Erik Nevland ( he's a Norwegian) (played in the past for Man Utd, but didn't play matches cuz he got no chance there), didn't play so well, but @ least he has scored 5 times in 5 matches since he arrived in November :worship: :yeah:
FC Groningen is on the 11th place in the league now..., no danger of relegation for them so far...

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 12th, 2005, 03:12 PM
yes: Gabriel Batistuta came from Newell's...(even Maradona played in Newell's ;) )

Paco
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:15 PM
AZ vs. PSV 0-0.
Maybe Ajax have chance to win dutch league, but Ajax have to win every match.

Next Wednesday & Thursday will be UEFA Cup. Ajax plays with Auxerre. Hopefully Ajax will win it.

Paco
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:21 PM
btw can somebody explain what's the difference between the words Football and Soccer, when should i choose Soccer and when should i use Football?, it's confusing me all the time...

Well, in american english fotball is a sport popular in USA (team, eg: Philadelphia Eagles) and soccer means the same what in british english football (team, eg: Ajax Amsterdam).
Hopefully, you understand what I mean :)

Mathijs
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:26 PM
AZ vs. PSV 0-0.
Maybe Ajax have chance to win dutch league, but Ajax have to win every match.

Next Wednesday & Thursday will be UEFA Cup. Ajax plays with Auxerre. Hopefully Ajax will win it.

sorry Paco but i say that i don't see Ajax winning the Dutch league this year, a CL place will be also very difficult, and Ajax have a difficult match tomorrow ag. NAC Breda.
Hopefully will Ajax win indeed ag. Auxerre, but i still have the sad memories of the last match between Ajax and Auxerre, in 93 or 94 (maybe even later) when Ajax lost with 2-4 to Auxerre, with two blunders from the then Goalkeeper Stanley Menzo (who's now Goalkeeper trainers @ the National team of Holland)

I saw AZ-PSV 2 hours ago, it was a good match, though i am sad about the result, cuz i wanted AZ to win it (if Ajax can't be the champs this year, then i'll root for AZ) both sides had some chances, though they still drawn....

Mathijs
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Well, in american english fotball is a sport popular in USA (team, eg: Philadelphia Eagles) and soccer means the same what in british english football (team, eg: Ajax Amsterdam).
Hopefully, you understand what I mean :)

Yes i know what you mean Paco, and i've heard about American football as well, but sometimes Americans call soccer football, and i really wanna know from someone who has English as his motherlanguage, (Capt, Max, any other British or American Lena D fan) what the difference is.... i mean in which situation you use, football and in what other situation you use soccer ;)

Mathijs
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Time for me to go off now and search for my bed :zzz: :zzz:

Paco
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:50 PM
In Poland, we can watch:
- South American fotball - only Copa America (I think it is one of the best competitions),
- Asian football - only Asian Champioships (I don't know if it is corect name for this championships);
- African football - African Championships (again I don't know real name).

North American and Australian football I have never seen. I only watch it in World Cup and Mexico in Copa America :))

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 13th, 2005, 09:30 AM
argentinian football update!
newell's old boys 0 - velez sarsfield 0
(nob goalkeeper Justo Villar stopped a penalty kick...)
on monday, all the scores of the "torneo Clausura" first round...

Paco
Feb 13th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Ajax vs. NAC 2:1
Boukhari scored two goals (in 3 and 88 minute of match).
8 points to PSV and 6 to AZ.

Paco
Feb 13th, 2005, 07:33 PM
When does Russian Premiere League start?

Ronaldo777
Feb 13th, 2005, 09:18 PM
man u beat man city 2-0.rooney and an own goal.c'mon the red devils

stefan_jonas
Feb 14th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Does the Australian TV, broadcast any competition from Europe, like the Dutch one for instance?, and has Australia it's own Competition??, i know some Australians that have played in the Dutch league or still are playing, like Tony Vidmar, He came to NAC, then he went to the Rangers, and since a few weeks he´s playing for NAC again ;) which is great cuz it's a great player, just like his brother Aurelio who also has played for NAC, but where he plays now i dun know,
we Also had an Australian keeper playing for Ajax a year ago, Joey Didulica, he was a superb keeper by Ajax, he could jump very high, pity he got not a real chance by Ajax ( i've seen that with other superb players in the past sadly :sad: ) now he plays for Austria Vienna in Austria......, but if he plays there in the team i don't know

Tonite the top match in Dutch league between the no 1 and 2, namely AZ and PSV, if AZ wins AZ will pass PSV in the ranking which gives them a really good shot for the championship..., if AZ loses they still have a chance although it's going to be hard then...
Btw guess who will be AZ's Coach next year, now CO Adriaanse is leaving the club on the end of the season......, Louis van Gaal will be the new head coach of AZ!!.

My fav local club here FC Groningen has drawn ag. Vitesse yesterday evening 0-0, sadly my fav player on the team Erik Nevland ( he's a Norwegian) (played in the past for Man Utd, but didn't play matches cuz he got no chance there), didn't play so well, but @ least he has scored 5 times in 5 matches since he arrived in November :worship: :yeah:
FC Groningen is on the 11th place in the league now..., no danger of relegation for them so far...

Yeah most of the football is from Europe, although we have South American and local segments as well. Theres also the Champions League magazine show and Football Mundial.
Right now we're forming a new soccer league here called the A-League, because the old "National Soccer League" was a failure. New teams are being formed, and Sydney Utd are on the verge of signing Dwight Yorke!
Most Australian players like to play in the Belgian and Dutch leagues because there aren't any foreign player restrictions. A few promising players play in the Dutch league like Brett Holman(PSV?, loan at Excelsior), Michael Brown(Feyenoord) and Jason Culina(Ajax?,officially FC Utrecht?). Joey Didiluca was pretty good, he made a few good performances in the Champions League he had great reflexes, I think hes only a backup in Austria Vienna to Thomas Mandl :( . Tony Vidmar is getting too old now and he didn't play very well against South Africa.
FC Groningen have produced some good players like Arjen Robben and Joost Broerse, too bad they couldn't keep them :banghead:

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 14th, 2005, 02:44 PM
argentina: torneo "Clausura" - first round scores:

Olimpo 3 - San Lorenzo 0
Banfield 0 - Instituto 0
Argentinos Jrs. 1 - Racing 0
Gimnasia 2 - Almagro 1
Velez Sarsfield 0 - Newell's 0
Boca Jrs. 2 - Lanús 2
Colón 2 - River Plate 3
Independiente 0 - Quilmes 0
Rosario Central 2 - Arsenal 1
Huracán 0 - Estudiantes 1

miffedmax
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Football or soccer . . . the eternal question.

As I understand it, the word football originally referred to any game involving a ball that was played on foot. The game was widespread in England, but rules tended to vary from locale to locale--a fellow who played football in Bristol probably played a very different version of the game than somebody in York. Many games were giant scrums between two villages, others had more codified rules.

When English settlers moved on to places like the US, Canada, Australia, etc. they took their football with them. Interestingly, one of the first pieces of legislation the Puritans passed in what became the U.S. was one banning football! Obviously, it didn't stick.

In the 1870s, the English began to codify the rules of the game. The organizers split over whether or not to allow players to use their hands to play. Advocates of what was known as "the dribbling game" (i.e. no hands) formed the Football Association and dubbed their set of rules "Association Football"; those who favored handling (most of whom were from Rugby School) wrote rules for rugby football.

"Soccer" is a corruption of "Association" which was oftened shortened to "Assoc" before being dropped entirely. The problems is that we Yanks and our Aussie and Canadian cousins kept right on playing our own versions of the game. Attempts to adopt either Association or Rugby rules in the U.S., at least, were defeated because Harvard University insisted it would only play by the rules of the "Boston Game" an early attempt to codify the rules of American football. Eventually, the American game absorbed many of the rules of rugby. Over the years it has become very different from the sport of 100 years ago--so different most people don't even realize that it is descended from the same sport as soccer and rugby.

Soccer as a sport pretty much died out during the Great Depression--pressure to "Americanize," a decline in immigration from the early 20th century years, the Depression, baseball and the failure to catch on as a major college sport all but killed the sport in the U.S. It held on in St. Louis and New Jersey. America's famous last gasp was, ironically, it's great victory over England in 1950. (America's pro football league barely survived those years, too).

When promoters tried to reintroduce the sport in the late '60s, they couldn't call it football. So they promoted it as "soccer."

I guess the short answer would have been that most countries that have evolved their own "football" games call those games "football" and Association Football "soccer."

As far as when to use which one, there really is no right answer. I use soccer when I talk to my friends in the U.S. When I'm on an international board like this one, I'll say football because so many readers are in Europe and South America. I will say "American football" or "Gridiron football" if I am refering to the NFL game on an international board, but just "football" on an American one.

Then there's my older son. A couple years ago a friend's dad asked him why he didn't play football. Elliot glowered and replied "I do." (He's a 'keeper, so he's a little loopy).

Sorry to ramble so long.

Max

Paco
Feb 14th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks Max.
:worship: :worship:

Andy, who will win argentinia league?

stefan_jonas
Feb 15th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Soccer is a horrible word. Max your son is a champion

Mathijs
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Max thanks for your explanation, it is very clear :yeah:

Are u also a fan of FC Groningen stefan??, cuz indeed Broerse and Robben where the most talented players that have left, but there was also a talented footballer who left the club for PSV, Jordi Hoogstrate....,
Well i am a fan of FC Groningen since i am a little kid (jusr like Ajax) cheering for them has sucked it in with my mother's milk......

Paco
Feb 15th, 2005, 08:12 PM
FC Groningen, I don't know much about this team - only that it is from Holland :) and it's on 11 or 12 place in Dutch League (it's called Eredivise, isn't it?)

Mathijs
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:31 PM
FC Groningen, I don't know much about this team - only that it is from Holland :) and it's on 11 or 12 place in Dutch League (it's called Eredivise, isn't it?)

Yeah they are 12th in the Eredivisie :p, Hopefully they'll get so high as possible this season ;)

Elena2005
Feb 16th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Raul & shevy on the same team, I thought that only happens when I play Fifa on playstation. :bowdown: (My 2 favourite players)

Anyone watch the match last night? :bounce:

stefan_jonas
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Max thanks for your explanation, it is very clear :yeah:

Are u also a fan of FC Groningen stefan??, cuz indeed Broerse and Robben where the most talented players that have left, but there was also a talented footballer who left the club for PSV, Jordi Hoogstrate....,
Well i am a fan of FC Groningen since i am a little kid (jusr like Ajax) cheering for them has sucked it in with my mother's milk......

Not really a fan, I just hate how PSV poaches too many players, especially from Fortuna Sittard and ruined the club.

Paco
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Ajax won with Auxerre 1:0 (Maxwel scored - beautiful action Van der Vaart passed great). But unfotunately they didn't play very well.

stefan_jonas
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:12 PM
They had heaps of possession I heard, unlucky that they didn't score another.

Paco
Feb 17th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Boukhari was close to score in 2nd half. De Rider pass like genius, Boukhari shotted and unfortunately the ball wasn't in goal.
I have to say that Auxerre play worse than Ajax - it wasn't very exciting match.

miffedmax
Feb 18th, 2005, 04:58 PM
On a somewhat tangentel to Lena note, CSKA beat Benefico 2-0.

I wish Lena would date soccer players instead of hockey players because then I'd know who the heck they are.

Paco
Feb 18th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Good that CSKA won.

Here are all results of UEFA cup matches:
Heerenveen - Newcastle United 1 - 2
Olympiakos - Sochaux 1 - 0
Basel - Lille 0 - 0
Aachen - AZ Alkmaar 0 - 0
CSKA Moscow - Benfica 2 - 0
Fenerbahçe - Zaragoza 0 - 1
Grazer AK - Middlesbrough 2 - 2
Dynamo Kiev - Villarreal 0 - 0
Sporting - Feyenoord 2 - 1
Valencia - Steaua Bucharest 2 - 0
Parma - Stuttgart 0 - 0
Ajax - Auxerre 1 - 0
Panathinaikos - Sevilla 1 - 0
Shakh. Donetsk - Schalke 1 - 1
Partizan Belgrade - Dnipro 2 - 2

Stange results. I think about: Aachen vs. AZ Alkmaar, Parma vs. Stuttgart and Shakh. Donetsk vs. Schalke.

stefan_jonas
Feb 19th, 2005, 10:40 AM
The last exciting football match I've seen Ajax play was against Milan in the 01/02 European Cup. What a team that was back then. I am so so so dissappointed Koeman let all the stars go :(

Paco
Feb 19th, 2005, 05:08 PM
The last exciting football match I've seen Ajax play was against Milan in the 01/02 European Cup. What a team that was back then. I am so so so dissappointed Koeman let all the stars go :(

It was very good match but they lost match in last minute. It was horrible.

Koeman left all the stars go because it is what Ajax always do. The make good players and sold them to have more money.
But, I think, sometimes they should stop selling palyers.

Paco
Feb 19th, 2005, 05:33 PM
On Tuesday and Wednesday are Champions League. It can be very exciting. A lot of matches wich can be a final, eg: Barcelona vs. Chelsea, Juve vs. Real and Manchaster United vs. Milan

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 20th, 2005, 01:13 PM
today, 5 pm, Rosario classical match: Newell's v central (yes: no capital for them!)
I'll keep you post...Vamos la Lepra! :bounce:

stefan_jonas
Feb 20th, 2005, 01:13 PM
It was very good match but they lost match in last minute. It was horrible.

Koeman left all the stars go because it is what Ajax always do. The make good players and sold them to have more money.
But, I think, sometimes they should stop selling palyers.

I think thats why Van Gaal left. Chivu only played for 2 seasons I think. I reckon one more season would've won us the Champions League.

Bayern are up against the Arse. I've seen Bayerns last 2 games and they've been winning but playing like rubbish. The only real standout players would be Mackaay and Scholl. I still think they'll overcome the Arse.

Paco
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Ajax won 2:0
I heard that they scored two goals in last minute of the match. Is it true?

Az only drawn, so it's only 3 points.

Mathijs
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Ajax won 2:0
I heard that they scored two goals in last minute of the match. Is it true?

Az only drawn, so it's only 3 points.

Yes it is, Ajax scored twice in the ET thru De Ridder and Boukhari :rolleyes:, it was a really bad match, Den Bosch got one really big chance and scored it almost :o........

Nope Paco the gap between Ajax and AZ is 4 points, Ajax has 47 points now, while AZ has 51......

Mathijs
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Post especially for Andy:

Rosales played okay, but not so good as he used to do, since Ajax is playing bad Rosie is also playing bad sadly :sad:, but he gave the assist for the first goal of Ajax that De Ridder scored in the 91th minute.....

Paco
Feb 20th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Ok. I didn't see table. Something wrong with my memory (too much drinks I think). But to be honest 4 points isn't so much.

I didn't see it because it wasn't showed in polish tv :(

About Rosales: he is pretty good, but sometimes he looks like he wants to cry.

I'm a bit afraid. You sad that they played weak, so it's posibility that Ajax will lose with Auxerre. Hopefully not.
I will be watching it.

miffedmax
Feb 21st, 2005, 01:11 AM
Well, both my boy's teams lost this weekend, the US soccer season hasn't started. At least we got to watch Cruz Azul and Chivas play a 1-1 tie.

Fearful Jesuit
Feb 21st, 2005, 02:04 PM
argentina - torneo clausura - 2nd round

quilmes 2 - velez sarsfield 0
racing 2 - olimpo 0
lanus 3 - gimnasia 0
almagro 2 - independiente 2
estudiantes 3 - colón 1
instituto 3 - argentinos jrs. 2
san lorenzo 3 - boca jrs. 0
newell's 0 - central 0
river 1 - banfield 0
arsenal 1 - huracán 1

standings: 1) river, estudiantes, 6 pts; quilmes, lanús, instituto 4...

Paco
Feb 21st, 2005, 08:06 PM
argentina - torneo clausura - 2nd round

quilmes 2 - velez sarsfield 0
racing 2 - olimpo 0
lanus 3 - gimnasia 0
almagro 2 - independiente 2
estudiantes 3 - colón 1
instituto 3 - argentinos jrs. 2
san lorenzo 3 - boca jrs. 0
newell's 0 - central 0
river 1 - banfield 0
arsenal 1 - huracán 1

standings: 1) river, estudiantes, 6 pts; quilmes, lanús, instituto 4...

Boca Juniors play very waek, Newell's not good.

stefan_jonas
Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:06 PM
John O'Brien is set to leave Ajax. Well he requested a transfer to ADO Den Haag (Grrrrr!). I don't know what to think.

Paco
Feb 22nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
John O'Brien is set to leave Ajax. Well he requested a transfer to ADO Den Haag (Grrrrr!). I don't know what to think.

It's not very good info.

Paco
Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:23 PM
Final resluts:

Real Madrid 1-0 Juventus (Helguera 31')
Bayern 3-1 Arsenal (Pizarro 4' ; Pizarro 58' ; Salihamidzic 65' - Kolo Toure 89'. )
Liverpool 3-1 Bayer Leverkusen (Garcia 15' ; Riise 36' ; Dietmar Hamann 90+2' - Franca 90+3' ) - WOW 2 goals in added time
PSV Eindhoven 1-0 Monaco (Da Dias Costa 8')

miffedmax
Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:36 PM

As I understand it, O'Brien has had a lot of injury troubles recently and is having a hard time holding his spot, plus his contract has incentives for games played he's not going to be able to meet due to injuries. Hopefully a change of scenery will help him regain his fitness and form.

bergkamp2004
Feb 23rd, 2005, 01:37 AM
what happened to my beloved arsenal v bayern - looks like they are out unless the master dennis bergkamp can turn things around at highbury

Elena2005
Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:01 AM
C'mon AC Milan, C'mon AC Milan, C'mon AC Milan
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Alenyaa
Feb 23rd, 2005, 01:23 PM
what happened to my beloved arsenal v bayern - looks like they are out unless the master dennis bergkamp can turn things around at highbury

About the red card he got in the FA Cup versus Sheffield United? Don't you think that was completely injustified?

bergkamp2004
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:04 PM
that was never a red card - he just tapped the guy - the appeal by arsenal failed as well so now he is banned for three matches

Paco
Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:27 PM

Is Shevchenko playing? I heard that he had an injury

miffedmax
Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:43 PM
Go Liverpool!

Only one more month to MLS kick off. I can't wait!

Paco
Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Go Liverpool!

Only one more month to MLS kick off. I can't wait!

I don't really know MLS.
Some time ago in LA Galaxy (is there team like this?) played Cobi Jones and Jorge Campos.
I also heard about Chicago Fire because there played players from Poland.

Which team is the best in MLS?

bergkamp2004
Feb 24th, 2005, 12:12 AM
ac milan were brilliant - they beat man u 1-0 with crespo geting the crucial away goal

liverpool won 3-1 but they are luckt to play such a weak team in leverkusen

chelsea lost 2-1 v barcelona

looks like a bad week for the english

Elena2005
Feb 24th, 2005, 06:22 AM
MILAN

BENE FATTO

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

stefan_jonas
Feb 24th, 2005, 01:05 PM
bergkamp2004, unfortunately the Arse were hammered. Mackaay is playing really well this season. Even though the playing quality of the German teams has been pretty ordinary this season, Mackaay has still found time to score. All those German teams need to remember how to pass again.

Alenyaa
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM
He got suspended? English pricks... :mad:

And I'm glad Chelsea lost, playing completely on the defense. Cowards!

miffedmax
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I don't really know MLS.
Some time ago in LA Galaxy (is there team like this?) played Cobi Jones and Jorge Campos.
I also heard about Chicago Fire because there played players from Poland.

Which team is the best in MLS?

First of all, the Chicago Fire is the Most EVIL, LOATHSOME ABOMINATION in the history of football, a gang of hoodlums directly descended from the Capone Gang, a corrupting influence that corrodes the heart of the beautiful game.

They are also the main rivals of FC Dallas. In fact, these two teams have such a heated rivalry that the fans of both created a trophy "The Brimstone Cup (Dallas was originally called the Burn) to award the team that wins the season series between the two. Dallas has not won anything since the '97 U.S. Open Cup (our national cup), but we have won the Brimstone Cup for 3 straight seasons. The 1999 playoff game where Dallas came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 is widely considered one of the best in MLS's brief history.

The LA Galaxy is also a strong rival, but with a great deal less bad blood. Cobi Jones had many productive years there. Sadly much of his production came at the expense of FC Dallas.

As far as the best team in MLS, it's hard to say. San Diego has lost Donovan, Chicago has lost Beasley, there are two new expansion teams so a lot of teams have lost players.

The teams to watch for 2005, IMHO:

Columbus--4 US national team members, not much in terms of foreign firepower. Finished first in the East last year.

D.C. United--original MLS dynasty has emerged from early 21st century slump.

LA Galaxy--always a bridesmaid, but 2nd is better than last.

Kansans City--horrible fan support, but always there in the end.

The real wild card is the new Chivas USA team. Based in LA, they're owned by the Mexican Chivas club. They have deep pockets and the developmental system in place, but it's not clear how many of these resources they'll be able to bring to bear in MLS.

Also, unlike most leagues, MLS is split into divisions. At the end of the season, the top teams move into a series of playoffs, with the teams seeded according to how well they did during the year. The final is a one-game, winner take all played at a neutral site (the influence of the NFL).

As a result of this system, the strongest team is not always the champion.

The U.S. awards are:

1. MLS Cup--the winner of the MLS chamionship game. This is considered they league championship and the winner represents the U.S. in any kind of club competition.

2. Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup--the national cup competition for American soccer teams, including MLS, A-League and semipro teams.

3. Supporters Shield--goes to the MLS team with the best regular season record, but doesn't mean bupkes.

Sorry to ramble on, but this is one of my favorite topics!

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 07:44 PM
In Uefa Cup Steaua Bucharest leads Valencia 2 0 (2 2 aggregate) and it's 85 mins
:woohoo: COme on Steaua :bounce:

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Extra time here :scared:

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Penalty shotout :scared:
COME ON STEAUA YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Steaua - Valencia 1 0

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Steaua - Valencia 1 1

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Steaua - Valencia 1* 1 ( * missed)

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Steaua - Valencia 1* - 2

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Steaua - Valencia 2*-2

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Steaua - Valencia 2*- 3

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Steaua - Valencia 3*-3

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Steaua - Valencia 3*- 3*

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Steaua - Valencia 4*-3*

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Steaua - Valencia 4* - 3 **
STEAUA WINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:woohoo: :bounce: :worship: :aparty: :dance: :bowdown: :bigclap:

Paco
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Steaua - Valencia 4* - 3 **
STEAUA WINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:woohoo: :bounce: :worship: :aparty: :dance: :bowdown: :bigclap:

And next didn't expected reslut. After Shalke lost to Shakhtar 0-1
It's great that Steaua won. I really want teams from east to win matches.

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:52 PM
This is a GREAT result, coming after 0 2 was not easy !!! :worship:

_LuCaS_
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Let's not forget that altough Valencia is in a slump right now, they are the Uefa Cup holders !

Paco
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:01 PM
60 minute:

Auxerre - Ajax 2-1

1-0 Kalou 31
1-1 Babel 35
2-1 Cheryou 54

Paco
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:24 PM
MILAN

BENE FATTO

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

To be honest I didn't expect that Milan can win this match without Shevchenko

Paco
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:26 PM
It's only 10 minutes to the end of match. Ajax don't lose goal or better score one more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paco
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:30 PM
FFFUUUCCCKKK
Mathis score in 86 minute. 3-1 for Auxerre.

Paco
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:39 PM
It's end......Ajax lost 1-3 and they won't play in next round.

:sad: :bigcry: :crying2: :tears: :hysteric: :tears: :crying2: :bigcry: :sad:

bergkamp2004
Feb 24th, 2005, 10:12 PM
the uefa cup is a cup for mediocre teams. If newcastle or middlesborough dont win it i hope one of the eastern european teams do, it would be a good suprise.

Mathijs
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:02 PM
It's end......Ajax lost 1-3 and they won't play in next round.

:sad: :bigcry: :crying2: :tears: :hysteric: :tears: :crying2: :bigcry: :sad:

Really sad indeed Paco, i saw the match it was a terrible match and i got some new news from the Ajax front for all the Lena D Ajax fans, Ronald Koeman has resigned as Coach of Ajax, Ajax will be led by co-trainers Tonny Bruins Slot and Ruud Krol......, so that question is now who'll be the coach of Ajax now :confused:

Terrible day also for the Dutch clubs, with Feyenoord losing to Spo. Lissabon with 1-2 (aggregate 2-4) (what a match, it was almost suspended after a firework bom in the 1th half that nearly hits the Lissabon and National team of Portugal keeper Ricardo, and after the 0-1 scored by Liedson when the legion of Feyenoord begun to throw lighters to the celebrating Lissabon players, Match was delayed for almost 15 min.) Heerenveen losing to Newcastle 1-2 (agg. 2-4) and Ajax losing to Auxerre ofcos 1-3 (agg. 2-3), only AZ left (won from Alemannia Aachen, but it was a really tough match...

Alenyaa
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM
To a Lena D Feyenoord fan that resignment sounds like music to his ears :devil:

Mathijs
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:58 PM
To a Lena D Feyenoord fan that resignment sounds like music to his ears :devil:

well let me tell you this, this case is strange but i am Ajax as well as Feyenoord fan, and you know why?, becuz my dad's a Ajax fan and me Uncle's are Feyenoord fan, so when we talk about Feyenoord and Ajax, we like to tease eachother with losses etc. (just for fun) it's great to have this rivalry in my family....

So i have a double feeling on this today ;)

Paco
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:08 PM
well let me tell you this, this case is strange but i am Ajax as well as Feyenoord fan, and you know why?, becuz my dad's a Ajax fan and me Uncle's are Feyenoord fan, so when we talk about Feyenoord and Ajax, we like to tease eachother with losses etc. (just for fun) it's great to have this rivalry in my family....

So i have a double feeling on this today ;)

It's great to have rivalry. I always do it with my friends. :)

Paco
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I feel better than yesterday.
Yesterday were unexpected results in UEFA Cup. Shakhtar won with Shalke (for me it's great), Steaua with Valencia.
Great that CSKA will play in next round. I want them to win UEFA Cup.

sandra_c
Feb 26th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I am really happy Steaua beat Valencia!:woohoo:Way to go guys!

Italboy
Feb 26th, 2005, 08:06 PM

Heer I am, a supporter of that team :devil: :bounce:

Paco
Feb 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks God. Ajax won with Roda 2-1. But AZ also win ant there are still 4 points to 2nd place. Hopefully PSV lost but it's rather impossible.

Today is great match: Inter vs. Milan.

Mathijs
Feb 27th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks God. Ajax won with Roda 2-1. But AZ also win ant there are still 4 points to 2nd place. Hopefully PSV lost but it's rather impossible.

Today is great match: Inter vs. Milan.

Yeah luckily Ajax have won ag. Roda, it was a match in the snow, so they had to play with an orange ball, i am curious if the foreign players of Ajax have ever played in the snow.......

bergkamp2004
Feb 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Chelsea Won Carling Cup

I Hate Mourinho He Is A Cocky Bastard

Paco
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Chelsea Won Carling Cup

I Hate Mourinho He Is A Cocky Bastard

Mourinho is a bit :cuckoo:
But he is pretty good.

miffedmax
Feb 28th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Things to do while waiting for Lena's return . . .

okay, how about putting together an all-time list of soccer playing nonsoccer players, ie people who played but are more famous for achieving other things.

Off the top of my head:

GK: Albert Camus, Niels Bohr, Pope John Paul II (very deep at this position, with 2 Nobel Prize winners, and we could even add Boris Becker if we wanted to)

DF: Nick Hornby, Henry Kissinger, John Kerry

MF: Bob Marley

F: Rod Stuart

I'm sure there are more.

Paco
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:10 PM
Max, it is a great idea

miffedmax
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:24 PM
Add Placido Domingo, but I'm not sure where he'd play.

bergkamp2004
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:45 AM
noel and liam gallagher are good footballers

noel in defence and liam as the agggressive midfielder

miffedmax
Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Excellent. Surely we can come up with some famous South Americans for our side?

(Sad to reveal my lack of knowledge about culture).

stefan_jonas
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:15 PM
Nadal played for a charity match, so I guess he can play a bit.

Fearful Jesuit
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:20 PM
argentina - clausura championship - 3rd round

gimnasia 3 - san lorenzo 1
boca jrs 3 - olimpo 1
argentinos 3 - river plate 3
banfield 0 - estudiantes 0
instituto 0 - racing 1
colón 0 - arsenal 2
huracán 0 - newell's 2 (zapata - esnaider ;) )
central 1 - quilmes 0 (booo! :lol: )
velez sarsfield 0 - almagro 0
independiente 0 - lanús 1

standings: lanus, river, estudiantes, central 7 pts, racing, gimnasia 6 pts, newell's 5 pts....

Fearful Jesuit
Mar 3rd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Excellent. Surely we can come up with some famous South Americans for our side?

(Sad to reveal my lack of knowledge about culture).

mmm...Che Guevara, as a legend told, played as a goalkeeper in colombia...
a great writer, osvaldo soriano, was a centeforward in his youth, (perhaps another legend, haha...)

miffedmax
Mar 3rd, 2005, 08:10 PM
mmm...Che Guevara, as a legend told, played as a goalkeeper in colombia...
a great writer, osvaldo soriano, was a centeforward in his youth, (perhaps another legend, haha...)

Che was a 'keeper, too? We're certainly deep at that position.

We'll add osvaldo at forward.

Paco
Mar 3rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
Polish leauge starts in next week.
Why this league is so boring?

stefan_jonas
Mar 4th, 2005, 10:50 AM
I also read somewhere Oscar Wilde enjoyed a game or two of football.

Fearful Jesuit
Mar 5th, 2005, 06:24 PM
I remembered Ernesto Sabato played football in Estudiantes (La Plata) when he was young. I believed he was forward...

Elena2005
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:05 AM
C'mon AC you can do it! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ronaldo777
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:16 PM
guys c,mon.united are the most entertaining team.c.ronaldo is absolutley unreal.i love them especially ronaldo and keane.even gattuso says he luvs united.do u know who lena supports.she plays soccer for fun i believe.she has good strong legs for it.united can do it guys.english league is most exciting.united are best to watch in england.thats why they attrack players like rooney,ronaldo and keane

Mathijs
Mar 8th, 2005, 08:43 PM
guys c,mon.united are the most entertaining team.c.ronaldo is absolutley unreal.i love them especially ronaldo and keane.even gattuso says he luvs united.do u know who lena supports.she plays soccer for fun i believe.she has good strong legs for it.united can do it guys.english league is most exciting.united are best to watch in england.thats why they attrack players like rooney,ronaldo and keane

Indeed Ronaldo, the English comp. is exciting to watch :), I really enjoy watching Match of the Day on Saturday nite/ Sunday Morning, i really love the premiership, it's one of the best comp for me to watch, i also like to watch the Dutch Comp.

Hopefully will Man. Utd win tonite, cuz i am not very fond of AC Milan, so Ronaldo let's hope Man Utd will go thru, although the half time score is 0-0, hopefull with Da Ruud score twice in the 2nd half.....

Sorry Ronaldo but i do not wanna see Gattuso joining Man Utd, it would be not good cuz personally i do not like Gattuso at all.....

Did anyone of u saw the 1th half of Chelsea - Barcelona??? What a crazy first half, first Barcelona got blown away by the Chelsea hurricane in 20 min 3-0, and then Chelsea was struck by a penalty and a magnificent goal of Ronaldinho, amazing goal :hearts:

Mathijs
Mar 8th, 2005, 10:53 PM
All Tuesday's matches of the CL have finished.....

Man Utd sadly lost to AC Milan with 0-1, goal scored by Hernan Crespo just like in the first match.... :(, Pity i rather saw Man Utd going thru, Van the Man didn't score sadly

Chelsea won ag. Barcelona with 4-2 agg 5-4, I think this match was one of the best matches of tonite great game to watch......, some lovely goals also..

and the biggest score came from the Olympique Lyon - Werder Bremen match, L'OL crunched and blew Werder away score is 7-2 for L'OL, Wiltord from L'OL made three goals, and Essien 2.

_LuCaS_
Mar 8th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Chelsea :bigclap: congratz, exciting match (Ronaldinho's goal :eek: :bowdown: )

Paco
Mar 9th, 2005, 02:27 PM
C'mon AC you can do it! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ac Milan won. Great

Paco
Mar 9th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Chelsea :bigclap: congratz, exciting match (Ronaldinho's goal :eek: :bowdown: )

Yeah, it was amazing match. Unfortunately one team had to lost :sad:

Paco
Mar 9th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Liverpool vs. Bayer 3-1
Arsenal vs. Bayern 1-0 but Bayern will play in next round
Juve vs. Real 2-0 (I don't like both teams so I am happy that Real lost and sad that Juve won :) )
PSV vs. Monaco 2-0 :sad:

Mathijs
Mar 10th, 2005, 01:25 PM
PSV :woohoo: :worship: and you know what? Beasley scored!!!!, I like to watch Beasley although PSV is not my fav team, i'm happy for them reaching the QF, at least we have a Dutch team in the QF of the CL.
hopefully they'll draw not such a tough team (like AC Milan, Juventus or Bayern Munich) personally i prefer a QF between PSV and Liverpool :woohoo: that could be a great match!!!

Tonite another Dutch team, AZ ag. Shaktar Donetsk, tough match for AZ, but i believe AZ can win becuz AZ has a really good team that work together very well!!! :bounce:
Unfortunately i'm afraid that i'll mis the 1th half, becuz i'm @ my Spanish course then, but will see the 2nd half....

miffedmax
Mar 10th, 2005, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=northernlight]PSV :woohoo: :worship: and you know what? Beasley scored!!!!, I like to watch Beasley although PSV is not my fav team

Run DMB is da man! :worship:

_LuCaS_
Mar 10th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Steaua - Villareal tonight :scared:
Good Luck STEAUA !!!!!!!! You can do it :bounce: :bigclap:

_LuCaS_
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Damn, it's a blistering snow in Bucharest. They have decided to give an half hour delay for the snow to stop or they'll play tomorrow :(

Paco
Mar 10th, 2005, 07:32 PM
PSV :woohoo: :worship: and you know what? Beasley scored!!!!, I like to watch Beasley although PSV is not my fav team, i'm happy for them reaching the QF, at least we have a Dutch team in the QF of the CL.
hopefully they'll draw not such a tough team (like AC Milan, Juventus or Bayern Munich) personally i prefer a QF between PSV and Liverpool :woohoo: that could be a great match!!!

Tonite another Dutch team, AZ ag. Shaktar Donetsk, tough match for AZ, but i believe AZ can win becuz AZ has a really good team that work together very well!!! :bounce:
Unfortunately i'm afraid that i'll mis the 1th half, becuz i'm @ my Spanish course then, but will see the 2nd half....

AZ won 3-1.
I rather prefer Shaktar to win becaue I bet for them. Theirs lost mean my lost :(
Damn it.

Alenyaa
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:18 AM
You should know better than voting against Dutch teams, Paco. ;)

Fearful Jesuit
Mar 11th, 2005, 05:50 PM
argentina - clausura championship - 4th round

estudiantes 1 - argentinos jrs. 3
river 3 - instituto 1
racing 1 - boca 0
olimpo 1 - gimnasia 0
san lorenzo 2 - independiente 4
lanús 1 - velez sarsfield 2
almagro 1 - central 4
newell's 1 - colón 1 (belluschi)
quilmes 3 - huracán 0
arsenal 2 - banfield 1

standings: central, river, 10 pts; racing 9; quilmes, lanus, estudiantes, argentinos, arsenal 7, newell's 6....

Paco
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:11 PM
You should know better than voting against Dutch teams, Paco. ;)
Damn it. I lost only because of this match.

But I also bet for others matches. Hopefully this time will be better.

Paco
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:12 PM
argentina - clausura championship - 4th round

estudiantes 1 - argentinos jrs. 3
river 3 - instituto 1
racing 1 - boca 0
olimpo 1 - gimnasia 0
san lorenzo 2 - independiente 4
lanús 1 - velez sarsfield 2
almagro 1 - central 4
newell's 1 - colón 1 (belluschi)
quilmes 3 - huracán 0
arsenal 2 - banfield 1

standings: central, river, 10 pts; racing 9; quilmes, lanus, estudiantes, argentinos, arsenal 7, newell's 6....

Boca lost again. How many points have they? Which place are they?

Fearful Jesuit
Mar 13th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Boca lost again. How many points have they? Which place are they?

Boca Jrs: 14 won 1, draw 1, lost 2.
points, 4

ah, NOB won :woohoo:
1-0 to Banfield (Belluschi scores again!)

Paco
Mar 14th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Finially I return. Hopefully for longer time.
Ajax won 1-0 with NEC. But it was horrible match. What is with Stekalenburg (or how it is writen :) )

Paco
Mar 14th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Did you hear that FC Porto lost 0-4. Great result, isn't it?

Fearful Jesuit
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:15 PM
argentina - clausura championship - 5th round

Argentinos 1 | 1 Arsenal
Banfield 0 | 1 Newell's :woohoo: (belluschi)
Independiente 1 | 1 Olimpo (BB)
Vélez 2 | 0 San Lorenzo
River 1 | 0 Racing
Rosario Central 3 | 3 Lanús (ha!)
Instituto 0 | 3 Estudiantes
Colón 2 | 1 Quilmes
Huracán (TA) 1 | 1 Almagro
Gimnasia 0 | 1 Boca

standings:

1 River 13
2 Rosario Central 11
3 Estudiantes 10
4 Newell's 9 (repeat, NOB! :bounce: )
5 Racing 9
6 Lanús 8
7 Argentinos 8
8 Arsenal 8
9 Vélez 8
10 Quilmes 7
11 Olimpo (BB) 7
12 Boca 7
13 Independiente 6
14 Gimnasia 6
15 Colón 4
16 Almagro 3
17 Instituto 3
18 San Lorenzo 3
19 Huracán (TA) 2
20 Banfield 1

miffedmax
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Anybody who follows the Dutch league got any poop on how Cory Gibbs is doing?

He used to play for Dallas.

Paco
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Dany Blind is a new Ajax coach

Mathijs
Mar 15th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Anybody who follows the Dutch league got any poop on how Cory Gibbs is doing?

He used to play for Dallas.

Here's some report on Gibbs (my own one), he plays @ Feyenoord, but i think you already knew he played there, Feyenoord is currently the no.4 in the Dutch Comp.

Gibbs, has adapted well to the Dutch league, he's a good player, who's improving every week, also he has a standard place in the team at the time, Feyenoord is doing okay now, and Gibbs is a good player who is just the played Feyenoord needed, cuz Feyenoord needed some players in the winter break, before the WB, Feyenoord didn't play so well, but after with the new signings and Gibbs amongst them, Feyenoord plays good so far, although they were eliminated in the UEFA Cup (defeat ag. Spo. Lisbon) already.
I think Gibbs will have a great future @ Feyenoord, i do hope that he'll keeps his place in the team, cuz it's a great player to watch.

Hope i informed you enough now Max ;)

Mathijs
Mar 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Dany Blind is a new Ajax coach

yup, it's good that Ajax has signed him as coach, Blind was currently youth coach at the club, and was a great defender 6 years back......, he won alot of prizes with Ajax, UEFA Cup once, CL once, 5 Dutch league titles, 2 times the Dutch cup......
Now it's up to Blind to prove his skills of coach of Ajax...
I only counted on a more experienced coach, but okay Ajax will do it great with blind also i believe.

@ Paco: Maarten Stekelenburg, has a light concussion after a collapse with Romano Denneboom of N.E.C. on Sunday, Bogdan Lobont will be 1th keeper again, personally i rather see Lobont in the goal then Stekelenburg...

BTW V.d. Vaart has flirted with PSV, and PSV has said that they want to have V.d. Vaart :eek: and V.D. Vaart said that he found it great to play for PSV :rolleyes:, that would be a big betrayal for Ajax, if Rafael does it IMO :sad: :rolleyes: i rather see Rafael leaving for a big foreign club then seeing Rafael play in the Dutch league at PSV :( :sad: It would be an embarrasment!!

Sorry for this hate for PSV from me, for any foreign PSV fan but every fan of Ajax here in Holland woulda think this way......., you know Dutch Feyenoord-Ajax-PSV fans don't like eachother very much, a couple of years ago, this rivalry went so far that there was a clash between Ajax and Feyenoord fans on the motorway A9 here in Holland, they hit eachother with and stab eachother with everything you could imagine, sadly there was one Ajax fan killed :( :sad:, why fans have to kill eachother?????? :sad:

miffedmax
Mar 15th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the updates!

Mathijs
Mar 15th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the updates!

No prob mate ;)

Paco
Mar 15th, 2005, 05:37 PM
yup, it's good that Ajax has signed him as coach, Blind was currently youth coach at the club, and was a great defender 6 years back......, he won alot of prizes with Ajax, UEFA Cup once, CL once, 5 Dutch league titles, 2 times the Dutch cup......
Now it's up to Blind to prove his skills of coach of Ajax...
I only counted on a more experienced coach, but okay Ajax will do it great with blind also i believe.

@ Paco: Maarten Stekelenburg, has a light concussion after a collapse with Romano Denneboom of N.E.C. on Sunday, Bogdan Lobont will be 1th keeper again, personally i rather see Lobont in the goal then Stekelenburg...

BTW V.d. Vaart has flirted with PSV, and PSV has said that they want to have V.d. Vaart :eek: and V.D. Vaart said that he found it great to play for PSV :rolleyes:, that would be a big betrayal for Ajax, if Rafael does it IMO :sad: :rolleyes: i rather see Rafael leaving for a big foreign club then seeing Rafael play in the Dutch league at PSV :( :sad: It would be an embarrasment!!

Sorry for this hate for PSV from me, for any foreign PSV fan but every fan of Ajax here in Holland woulda think this way......., you know Dutch Feyenoord-Ajax-PSV fans don't like eachother very much, a couple of years ago, this rivalry went so far that there was a clash between Ajax and Feyenoord fans on the motorway A9 here in Holland, they hit eachother with and stab eachother with everything you could imagine, sadly there was one Ajax fan killed :( :sad:, why fans have to kill eachother?????? :sad:

I have to say that they aren't fans. They are just stupid people who wants to kill somebody else. They are criminals.

_LuCaS_
Mar 16th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Steaua-Villareal 0-0 (Uefa Cup) 2nd leg on Sunday

Mathijs
Mar 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM
AZ - Shaktar Donetsk 2-1 (5-2 on agg.) very nice, superb and beautiful goal by Barry van Galen : so AZ to the QF :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :bounce: :bounce: GOOOOO AZ!!! :yeah:

Paco
Mar 17th, 2005, 06:02 PM
To be honest I rather prefer Shakhtar to AZ Alkmar

Paco
Mar 18th, 2005, 09:19 AM
CSKA play in quarter. They won with Partizan 2-0.

Paco
Mar 19th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Champions Leauge matches:
Chelsea - Bayern
Liverpool - Juventus
Inter - Milan
PSV - Lyon

UEFA Cup matches:
Steaua/Villarreal - AZ
CSKA Moskva - Auxerre
Newcastle - Sporting
Austria Wien - Parma

I hope that Chelsea will win Champions League and CSKA will win UEFA Cup

Paco
Mar 19th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Tomorow Ajax is playing with PSV. Hopefully they will win it.

Paco
Mar 20th, 2005, 05:47 PM
And Ajax lost to PSV 0-4. It was horrible match.
I'm happy that Ajax lost only 0-4. They just did nothing. :eek:

stefan_jonas
Mar 21st, 2005, 11:50 PM
Ajax were totally shafted. Not a good start for Danny

Ravsieg
Mar 21st, 2005, 11:55 PM
best players ever;

pele
maradona
platini
weah
cryff
roy keane
zidane
figo
ronaldo
romario
ronaldinho
maldini
stoichkov
socrates
cristiano ronaldo will rank top of these in couple of years

HUGE SACRILEGE THERE!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WHERE'S EUSÉBIO??? Come on, the only 2 that were EVER better than Eusébio were Pelé and Maradona! And from watching tapes of him, I doubt there was anyone better than him, EVER!

Ravsieg
Mar 21st, 2005, 11:57 PM
Ajax is my 2nd team, right after Benfica. I love that team.

Ravsieg
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:00 AM
I've checked better this thread. You're all making fun of soccer. Really. Not picking Eusébio on any best-ever list is insane.

stefan_jonas
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:01 AM
Its because we don't appreciate Eusebio

Ravsieg
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:36 AM
Then that's because you've never seen him play.

miffedmax
Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:12 PM
And no George Best?

I will now boldly predict that Eddie Johnson (seven goals in his first five internationals; tied for 1st in MLS scoring in '04) will be the first Yank to make anybody's list of great players.

Alenyaa
Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Its because we don't appreciate Eusebio

Speak for yourself mate. :)
I DO appreciate Eusebio, and not just a little bit.
Eusebio should be on any list of the football-greats.

Fearful Jesuit
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:38 PM
argentina - clausura championship - 6th round

San Lorenzo 1 | 3 rosario central :eek:
Newell's 1 (Spolli) | 1 Argentinos
Racing 2 | 1 Gimnasia
Olimpo (BB) 1 | 1 Vélez
Boca 2 | 1 Independiente
Arsenal 2 | 1 Instituto
Quilmes 1 | 0 Banfield
Lanús 3 | 1 Huracán (TA)
Almagro 0 | 5 Colón
Estudiantes 2 | 1 River

standings:

1 rosario central 14 :eek:
2 Estudiantes 13
3 River 13
4 Racing 12
5 Lanús 11
6 Arsenal 11
7 Quilmes 10
8 Newell's 10
9 Boca 10
10 Argentinos 9
11 Vélez 9
12 Olimpo (BB) 8
13 Colón 7
14 Independiente 6
15 Gimnasia 6
16 Instituto 3
17 San Lorenzo 3
18 Almagro 3
19 Huracán (TA)
20 Banfield 1

Fearful Jesuit
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:46 PM
by the way...do you know Ricardo Bochini? after Maradona, the best argentinian player I ever saw...

Ravsieg
Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:19 PM
Speak for yourself mate. :)
I DO appreciate Eusebio, and not just a little bit.
Eusebio should be on any list of the football-greats.

:worship:

And I thought everyone here wasn't into old-time soccer.

Alenyaa
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:03 AM
The man is a living legend already, and not just in Portugal. :)

Paco
Mar 23rd, 2005, 02:21 PM
Well, I heard that he was great. But I have never seen him in action. The same about Pele, Platini and others.

If I am telling about best players, I will talk about who I know.

miffedmax
Mar 23rd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Never saw Eusebio.

I did see George Best at the end of his career when he played in the States. Game against the old Dallas Tornado back in the very early '80s. He was fat, out of shape could barely move for 3/4 of the game. Then, with about 10 minutes left in the game, he took a ball outside the penalty arc, blew by one defender to find himself surrounded by three more. He made a couple of moves, and honest to God when he shot all one was facing his own goal, another was facing the near touch line and another the far touch line. None of them even saw the low shot to the post that beat the 'keeper. I've always felt very lucky that, for just that 4 or 5 seconds I really did see one of the greatest to ever play the game. I saw Pele, Beckenbauer and a host of others, but nobody before or since has ever quite created a moment of magic like that. I still get chills every time I remember it.

miffedmax
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:14 PM
This is the happiest time of the year.

Dallas Cup is going on, with great youth teams from around the world.

USA vs. Mexico on Sunday.

MLS kicks off April 2 with FC Dallas taking on the loathsome, mouthbreathers from Chicago!

I am :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: with excitment!

Ravsieg
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Good to know he gets the respect he deserves. :yeah:

I've seen tapes of him and it's impressive. He dribbled through entire teams then put an incredibly powerful shot at the edge of the area straight to any top corner.

This is a slight example, and it happened tons of times.

Ronaldo777
Mar 23rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
Never saw Eusebio.

I did see George Best at the end of his career when he played in the States. Game against the old Dallas Tornado back in the very early '80s. He was fat, out of shape could barely move for 3/4 of the game. Then, with about 10 minutes left in the game, he took a ball outside the penalty arc, blew by one defender to find himself surrounded by three more. He made a couple of moves, and honest to God when he shot all one was facing his own goal, another was facing the near touch line and another the far touch line. None of them even saw the low shot to the post that beat the 'keeper. I've always felt very lucky that, for just that 4 or 5 seconds I really did see one of the greatest to ever play the game. I saw Pele, Beckenbauer and a host of others, but nobody before or since has ever quite created a moment of magic like that. I still get chills every time I remember it.

i know best was superb.did you ever see cristiano ronaldo play.best said it was a compliment for him to be compared to ronaldo.pele once said best played like a brazilian.now c.ronaldo will be the next wonderplayer

Ronaldo777
Mar 23rd, 2005, 11:10 PM
btw roy keane is the most influencial player of all time.he is unreal.viera and gerrard are wasters compared to him.im irish so i know all about best and keane.best does tv a lot over here.he plays same position as me.he was a great dribbler.have you heard of keane[i agree eusebio should be in best list but he was no better than cruyff or best]

Paco
Mar 24th, 2005, 08:14 PM
World Cup qualifying.

Europe:
Armenia - Andorra 2-1 (Hakobian 32' , Karamyan 73' -Sivera 57')
Czech Republic - Finland 4-3 (Baros 7' , Rosicky 34' , Plasil 58' , Lokvenc 87' - Litmanen 46' , Riihilahti 73' , Johansson 79')
Romania - Netherlands 0-2 (Cocu 1' , Babel 85')
Georgia - Greece 1-3 (Asatiani 21' - Basinas 43' , Vryzas 45' , Giannakopoulos 53')
Turkey - Albania 2-0 (Ates 3' (p.), Begiri 5' (o.g.) )
Denmark - Kazakhstan 3-0 (Moller 10' , Poulsen 33' , Moller 48')
Liechtenstein - Russia 1-2 (Beck 40' - Kerzhakov 23' , Kariaka 37')
Estonia - Slovakia 1-2 (Oper 58' - Mintal 59' , Reyter 66')
Israel - Rep. Ireland 1-1 (Suan 90' - Morrison 4')
France - Switzerland 0-0
Italy - Scotland 2-0 (Pirlo 36' & 86')
Wales - Austria 0-2 (Vastic 81' , Stranzl 86')
England - Northern Ireland 4-0 (Cole 47' , Owen 52' , Baird 53' (o.g.) , Lampard 62')
Poland - Azerbaijan 8-0 (Frankowski 11' , 63' & 67' , Hajiev 15' (o.g.), Kosowski 41', Krzynowek 72' , Saganowski 82' & 89')
Belgium - Bosnia Herzegovina 4-1 (Mpenza 15' , Daerden 44' , Mpenza 64' , Buffel 76' - Bajramovic 1')
Bulgaria - Sweden 0-3 (Ljungberg 17' & 90' , Edman 73')
Croatia - Iceland 4-0 (Kovac 39' & 76' , Simunic 71' , Prso 90')

Group 1:
1 Netherlands 13/12-3
2 Czech Republic 12/10-5
3 Romania 10/10-7
4 Finland 9/13-10
5 Macedonia 5/6-7
6 Armenia 4/4-13
7 Andorra 4/3-13

Group 2:
1 Ukraine 14/11-3
2 Greece 11/10-6
3 Denmark 9/10-6
4 Turkey 9/8-5
5 Albania 6/3-9
6 Georgia 5/6-8
7 Kazakhstan 0/2-13

Group 3:
1 Portugal 13/20-3
2 Slovakia 13/17-4
3 Russia 10/12-9
4 Latvia 7/10-12
5 Estonia 7/9-13
6 Liechtenstein 4/9-14
7 Luxembourg 0/4-24

Group 4:
1 Rep. Ireland 9/7-2
2 France 9/4-0
3 Israel 9/7-5
4 Switzerland 6/9-3
5 Cyprus 1/4-11
6 Faroe Islands 1/2-12

Group 5:
1 Italy 12/9-5
2 Norway 7/6-3
3 Slovenia 7/4-3
4 Belarus 4/8-5
5 Scotland 2/1-4
6 Moldova 1/1-9

Group 6:
1 England 13/11-3
2 Poland 12/18-5
3 Austria 8/10-8
4 Northern Ireland 3/5-12
5 Wales 2/5-10
6 Azerbaijan 2/1-12

Group 7:
1 Serbia Montenegro 10/10-0
2 Spain 8/8-1
3 Lithuania 8/6-1
4 Belgium 4/5-6
5 Bosnia Herzegovina 2/2-5
6 San Marino 0/0-18

Group 8:
1 Sweden 12/17-2
2 Croatia 10/10-2
3 Bulgaria 7/9-7
4 Hungary 6/5-8
5 Iceland 1/4-14
6 Malta 1/1-13

PaulHopkins
Mar 24th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Wales - Austria

I will be there - me and my Dad are going to the Millennium Stadium for it :D

Paco
Mar 24th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I will be there - me and my Dad are going to the Millennium Stadium for it :D

I think that watching matches live is great.
But it should be good match.

PaulHopkins
Mar 24th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah the atmosphere is great! I go to all the Wales home matches! Ive also been to two Premiership matches - Sheffield Wednesday v West Ham United and Charlton Athletic v Birmingham City - both great games!

Nagato
Mar 25th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Japanese football team is weak..., and Ono is not necessary..

Ravsieg
Mar 25th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Ono rules!

Hidetoshi is really slow, he still has that amazing view but he's gone down really too fast...

Japan :sad: I hope you qualify

Nagato
Mar 25th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Japan might not go for the World Cup , and Especially, Ono was awful today.
Japan was defeated at Iran in 2-1...

Ravsieg
Mar 25th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah I watched the whole match live at Eurosport.

:sad:

Nakamura wasn't at his best aswell, it put Japan a bit down. But I think they can qualify! They just have to beat Bahrain once and not lose the other match.

Paco
Mar 25th, 2005, 07:11 PM
But Bahrain is pretty good. It will no be an easy match. But I think that Japan will play on World Cup 2006

Ravsieg
Mar 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I know Bahrain are pretty good, well above the Asia average. But still I think in normal cases Japan are superior. :)