PDA

View Full Version : Newer song: Angel City's "Love Me Right" vs. song it sampled "Oh Sheila"

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Which do you prefer – the newer song OR the song it sampled? Why do you like it better?

Newer song: “Love Me Right” by Angel City (2004)
Listen to snippet here ( http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=re7zr9pepbrr81cvruwzwew&r=20.asx)

vs.

The sample: “Oh Sheila” by Ready For The World (1985)
Listen to snippet here ( http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=s8l820dcqfqwze5j5gsfych&r=20.asx)

martinailuv
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:32 PM
angel city cos of lara mcallen :hearts:

Rocketta
Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:15 PM
no brainer...................Ready for the World's Oh Sheila!

Now I would've had to think about it had you compared RFTW's version to Prince's version. :)

KV
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:55 PM

Now I would've had to think about it had you compared RFTW's version to Prince's version. :)Not for the first we've the same view. Time after time it's always the older version.

Dana Marcy
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:39 PM
Ready For The World! I'm trying to hum Tonight in my head right now. :lol:

Now I would've had to think about it had you compared RFTW's version to Prince's version. :)

:scratch: And I thought I knew my Prince music. :o Rocketta, what album was his version of Oh Sheila on? If you say it was during the time when he was recording as the symbol then I'm not surprised I don't know it. :angel:

Rocketta
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Not for the first we've the same view. Time after time it's always the older version.
The original is usually the most original. :D :yeah:

Rocketta
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:32 PM
Ready For The World! I'm trying to hum Tonight in my head right now. :lol:

:scratch: And I thought I knew my Prince music. :o Rocketta, what album was his version of Oh Sheila on? If you say it was during the time when he was recording as the symbol then I'm not surprised I don't know it. :angel:
I haven't a clue as to what album it was on. I don't know if it was on an album or just a live recording....it's with him and Sheila E. I heard it when I use to download a lot of pirate music....I was looking for some Prince music and there it was. It might still be on my computer at home I'll try to remeber to check if it is we'll work out a way for me to send it to you. ;)

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 4th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I haven't a clue as to what album it was on. I don't know if it was on an album or just a live recording....it's with him and Sheila E. I heard it when I use to download a lot of pirate music....I was looking for some Prince music and there it was. It might still be on my computer at home I'll try to remeber to check if it is we'll work out a way for me to send it to you. ;)

I think I have the mp3 at home; I'll look for it and posit it here if I find it. Prince's version is from a European concert tour (I think from a show in Holland or Germany) and I discovered it on a German web site. It's a great rendition with Prince and Sheila E. playing off each other really well. :)

Rocketta
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I think I have the mp3 at home; I'll look for it and posit it here if I find it. Prince's version is from a European concert tour (I think from a show in Holland or Germany) and I discovered it on a German web site. It's a great rendition with Prince and Sheila E. playing off each other really well. :)

Please I searched my computer and I don't have it anymore. :tears:

Dana Marcy
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Rocketta and Hot 92 Jamz, I thank you both for your kindess. :bigclap: :wavey: It's okay if you don't find it but I was just curious because I'm a Prince fan and I'm embarassed that that song got by me. :o

Rocketta
Feb 5th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Rocketta and Hot 92 Jamz, I thank you both for your kindess. :bigclap: :wavey: It's okay if you don't find it but I was just curious because I'm a Prince fan and I'm embarassed that that song got by me. :o

No shame in your game, Dana. I just lucked upon it. When I went to see him in concert last year he sang a song called "I'm not the one" or something like that. I'd never heard it before. I had to go ask on the internet what was the title and sure enough it was during his symbol phase. ;)