PDA

View Full Version : EEK! My music....

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:37 AM
Am I the only one on here, but I'm like trippin back to old skool time with my mp3 downloads. I mean I started off with the 90s, now I'm all the way back to the late 70s.
When you get to BeeGee's and Blondie, ya know you might have hit rock bottom. :scared:

AjdeNate!
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:38 AM
Have any Abba in there? :tape:

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:40 AM
Nope, but that was on the list for tonights insomnia downloads. ;)

I started off with cRAP from the 90s that I still remembered from my days of middle school and high school. Then ventured to the 80s, and finally found myself staring disco in the eye. :bolt:

AjdeNate!
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:40 AM
Donna Summer is always great for a late night disco download. :p

Martian Jeza
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:41 AM
I like a lot to listen to 2 Unlimited, Maxx, Ice MC, 2 Borthers on the 4th floor, Dr. Alban, 24/7 etc. : Good old EuroDance of the '90ies...

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:42 AM
I'll keep that in mind.

What I find amazing is it's been years and years since I heard most of these tunes, and I can still tell you how it goes word for word once the music starts.

I even got some FOOTLOOSE in there :haha:

Martian KC
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:42 AM
Nothing wrong with a lil Blondie.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:45 AM
i went through and made cd's for each year...like an 80-83 cd etc...how sad :sad: now they made it to my ipod :eek:

its cool though with songs from the 90s from middle school and stuff but older gets a lil lame...:bounce: thats me tho

AjdeNate!
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:47 AM
I've recently made a CD of songs by musicians that killed themselves... Momma Cass, Hendrix, Cobain. I called it "Overdose or Choke On Puke". :lol:

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:48 AM
It's funny, I think I might have one CD full of one hit wonders from my younger days. Then another of more classic groups and stuff.

I'll start downloadin more later, once my mind starts ticking on some other things it would like to hear, that it's not heard in a long time :tape:

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:49 AM
Speaking of over doses, The Doors, can't forget Jim Morrison... Gee thanks Nate, now I have to run to add to my Doors collection :p

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:51 AM
if i ruled the world by nas
ditty by paperboy
mo money mo problems
mark morrison return of the mack
:hearts: viva middle school

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
Just wait until you get to the likes of :
Naughty By Nature 'OPP'

And realize you are now old enough to know first had just what OPP is :haha:

Martian Jeza
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:12 AM
You don't seem interested what I often listen, hehe . Don't like Rock or hard rock anyway...

AjdeNate!
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:13 AM
Just wait until you get to the likes of :
Naughty By Nature 'OPP'

And realize you are now old enough to know first had just what OPP is :haha:
Yeah, you know me. :p

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:15 AM
I've downloaded Blondie's greatest hits to mp3 already Martian. ;)

I'm tellin you it's getting bad, I even racked my brain for an hour tryin to figure out what the correct name to '99 Red Balloons' was since the English version is shitty and it's '99 Luftballoons' by Nena

GBFH
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:15 AM
Yeah, you know me. :p
i'm down with OPP!
yeah, you know me!
i'm down with OPP!
yeah, you know me!

:lol:

there was another song way overplayed in the early 90s...can't remember what it was, though...

AjdeNate!
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:18 AM
you should get some random 80s hairband stuff. oh and Buffalo Stance - Neneh Cherry (she's my fave)

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:20 AM
I'm gonna get some WHITE SNAKE and the likes :haha:

Amanda, don't tell me it's "Hip hop horay" :eek: I have that downloaded :o

€CharlDa€
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:25 AM
I don't know what'S wrong with those songs.. Got them all somewhere in my comp :angel:

GBFH
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:55 AM
I'm gonna get some WHITE SNAKE and the likes :haha:

Amanda, don't tell me it's "Hip hop horay" :eek: I have that downloaded :o
yes! thank you. but now i've got it stuck in my head. damn you, danielle!

whitesnake...eh...if you really want some hair bands, go with The Cult (either 'fire woman' or 'she sells sanctuary') for starters. maybe some Poison...Skid Row...damn, i love the 80s!

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:30 AM
I already have Skid Row, because my major introduction to MTV involved me getting stuck on "18 and Life". :o

Oh damn.... You know this worries me, why am I remembering all this shit, is something bad going to happen to me? :unsure:

ginger_fish668
Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:08 AM
Am I the only one on here, but I'm like trippin back to old skool time with my mp3 downloads. I mean I started off with the 90s, now I'm all the way back to the late 70s.
When you get to BeeGee's and Blondie, ya know you might have hit rock bottom. :scared:

No way! Me too! I've been listening to Blondie, Tears For Fears, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Beach Boys, Mamas & Papas....That's just way too old for my age. :eek: But hey, it's good music! ;)

rand
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:21 AM
I just started rediscovering my old "van der graaff generator" collection :o
can you get more 70's? :o

Oleh
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:30 AM
Your not alone. However When you get to Dorris Day or Eurovision 1978 videos (Tschengis Kahn "not for sale" is the penultimate), thats when youve hit rock bottom :o :tape:

Huntress555
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:46 AM
Nah I d/w alot of older songs, ones from parents time, ones from only 5 years ago, ones from 2 years ago that already seem old. :) its good listening, sometimes i get sick of the recent recent ones, because they are on the radio 24/7, i can only take thngs in small doses. :)

rand
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:54 AM
Your not alone. However When you get to Dorris Day or Eurovision 1978 videos (Tschengis Kahn "not for sale" is the penultimate), thats when youve hit rock bottom :o :tape:
nah, there's the brilliant 1980's belgian eurovision entry by telex called "euro vision" THAT's rock bottom...ah well, since then I've become a fan, the rest of their music is quite good :)

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:18 AM
I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIR MIX A LOT :haha:

Oleh
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:30 AM
nah, there's the brilliant 1980's belgian eurovision entry by telex called "euro vision" THAT's rock bottom...ah well, since then I've become a fan, the rest of their music is quite good :)

if anythings better ..no worse I mean WORSE than Tchengis...Ill be in heaven..I mean Hell HELL!!! :unsure:

*..When a girl walks in with that itty bitty waist...shakes that round thing in yo face you get SPRUNG like a..* ...your not alone dear. :o

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:37 AM
:eek: At least I just downloaded Kelly Clarkson's "Since you been gone" :o

But the revenge of the old tunes are going to haunt me for a long time.

rand
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:45 AM
if anythings better ..no worse I mean WORSE than Tchengis...Ill be in heaven..I mean Hell HELL!!! :unsure:

*..When a girl walks in with that itty bitty waist...shakes that round thing in yo face you get SPRUNG like a..* ...your not alone dear. :o
worse?
have you ever heard the david hasselhoff songs? :D

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:49 AM
:eek: On the David Hasslehoff note, I am going to BED :zzz:

Baywatch, ewwwwwww nitemares :scared:

Oleh
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
worse?
have you ever heard the david hasselhoff songs? :D

He sings as craptacular as he acts? :unsure: ...this is a scary world..freddy kruger step aside!

rand
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:00 AM
He sings as craptacular as he acts? :unsure: ...this is a scary world..freddy kruger step aside!
worse :lol:

Oleh
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:26 AM
*Diva nariŽa
Diva Victoria
Afrodita
Viva la Diva
Viva Victoria
Cleopatra*

No..things I remembered can and DO get worse...she used to be a he to begin with...then she won eurovision...now...http://www.danainternational.co.il/ (She stills sounds like a man IMO :erm: )
...David, Freddy, Tschengis and euro vision step aside...Dana International, Isreals..."pride"...has arrived!!

Lemonskin.
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
Mate, an extensive library of 80's and 90's rock is never a bad thing :D

rand
Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:44 AM
*Diva nariŽa
Diva Victoria
Afrodita
Viva la Diva
Viva Victoria
Cleopatra*

No..things I remembered can and DO get worse...she used to be a he to begin with...then she won eurovision...now...http://www.danainternational.co.il/ (She stills sounds like a man IMO :erm: )
...David, Freddy, Tschengis and euro vision step aside...Dana International, Isreals..."pride"...has arrived!!
I've got that on my iPod :bolt:

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:48 AM

Rock bottom? :confused: Both the Bee Gees and Blondie put out some great, classic music...that can't be said of many of the "recording artists" that are out today.

beauty_is_pink
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:23 PM
actually you're not the only one Bacardi.. :tape: lately I've been listening to old school love songs :o

rand
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:28 PM
Rock bottom? :confused: Both the Bee Gees and Blondie put out some great, classic music...that can't be said of many of the "recording artists" that are out today.yes indeed, specially blondie...atomic! one way or another! denis denis! heart of glass!call me!....

Pamela Shriver
Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:24 PM
Bacardi sweetie, it's when you start downloading The Osmonds like me -THEN you have to worry.

;)

Darop.
Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:28 PM
I've got alot of Depeche Mode songs on my MP3...:o

Personal Jesus :drool:

Bacardi
Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:14 PM
I have all of Depeche Mode's songs on mp3 on my computer. I listen to those regularly.

My friend is pissed she lost all her stuff on her computer at work cuz they repaced it with a new one. :fiery: That's her ;)

ginger_fish668
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
How about Bread, I love their songs... :)

Oleh
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:51 PM
I've got that on my iPod :bolt:
:speakles:

.."her" 2004 eurovision entry "To have a dream" too? :tape:

*"To have a dream on a cloudy day
to have a dream of you and me
together living free
to have a dreeeeEEEEEEEEEEaam"*

wtf..HOW is it I know these lyrics!!!