PDA

View Full Version : Tv tournaments...

Huntress555
Feb 1st, 2005, 06:49 AM
Okay so recently my family decided to get rid of fox :( ...

So does anyone know if there are going to be any tournmanents on aus tv....soon or later?? Or anything??
Greatly appreciated if someone would help...

I know the Open Gaz De France will not be on tv, so is there any way I can watch it on the web or something....or listen to it !!! i want fox back :lol:.... :sad:

broncosven
Feb 1st, 2005, 08:19 AM
We rarely get any coverage on Fox, so good luck on Free to Air . . . .

I wish they would show more tournies and perhaps with Alicia and Sam doing so well they might start to show you some more tennis on tv.

shoogahplum
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Hopefully free-to-air will at least show the grand slams that's if they don't already show them...

Huntress555
Feb 6th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Hopefully free-to-air will at least show the grand slams that's if they don't already show them...

Yeah ch 7 usually shows all 4, aus open gets the best coverage, but the other ones, well this is what happened last year, are on really late at night, always or usually delayed. BUt maybe they will show some of Molik's and Lleytons matches earlier, or have better coverage if htey do really well.? :confused:

Princess Sarah.
Feb 6th, 2005, 07:27 AM
aus free to air has really really shit coverage
your best bet to see some matches is to move to another country

Invisible Fan
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:51 AM
The French open last year, only had a really crappy 25 minute "highlight" show on the ABC.
That was really pathetic :sad:

Mr_Molik
Feb 11th, 2005, 04:13 AM
i noticed theyve been playing some atp and wta tour on fox sports in the middle of the night. i havent bothered to stay up and watch it yet though i might tonight if its on.

Rising Sun
May 16th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Will we get any free-to-air RG coverage? :confused:

I checked the ABC site and didn't even see the Highlights in the TV guide. :sad:

ozfan44
May 17th, 2005, 07:48 AM
i have looked for monday and no coverage scheduled on free to air tv, in wa at least anywayz i presume nothing anywhere maybe will be lucky to get our 30 min highlights the next day!

SeanyQ
May 17th, 2005, 08:03 AM
In NZ they even televised some matches from at least one of the $10k womens satellites. AUS free 2 air TV is shit! I had fox installed just before the AUS Open for this reason. I don't think I saw anything of the FO last year except brief highlights (usually mens of course) on the news.

Invisible Fan
May 17th, 2005, 01:47 PM
So we don't even get that 25 minute show anymore - how depressing.
I thought the Oz open got huge ratings this year, so why is the coverage of the French getting progressively worse?
No French Open, no Premier League - Australia free to air sports coverage sucks!

Rising Sun
Jun 19th, 2005, 01:16 PM
I'm annoyed that Channel 9 won't be showing the daily highlights for Wimby. :mad:

Did they show it last year? :confused:

I relied on the highlights as they had an even number of men's and women's matches, as opposed to the night broadcast when we'd only ever get the Aussie men. :rolleyes:

Invisible Fan
Jun 19th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I think the highlights show was last on a few years back, not last year from memory.

There won't be many Aussie men left for long this year!
I just hope they don't show Henman early on, I remember they wasted several hours last year with his first round match.

Rising Sun
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:54 PM
Your thoughts on the coverage this year so far? ;)

Invisible Fan
Jun 22nd, 2005, 09:52 AM
:o Not only did Henman take half the coverage he got out of jail, so we can all enjoy his next match.

Tonite will probably be Scud,Federer then Hewitt with some Womens on at 3am again. At least the Serena/Haynes match was worth staying up till 5am for!

Rising Sun
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:33 AM
Well, we were lucky enough to get the last 4 game of the Mirza & Kuzy match last night. ;)

Hopefully Arthurs will go out tonight and we'll only have to put up with Hewitt in Rd 3. :rolleyes:

Invisible Fan
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:56 AM
God that match was boring, but Wayne is out. Even better Tim gone as well :D
Hopefully the coverage will be more balanced from here.

ozfan44
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Your thoughts on the coverage this year so far? ;)

:lol:

u call that coverage do you? :rolleyes:

Pathetic!

Rising Sun
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:51 PM
I wonder if Kerryn's complained at all at the lack of women's matches? :confused: :o