PDA

View Full Version : Alicia's Next touney????

Princess Sarah.
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:56 AM
could anyone tell me???

Pingie
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:08 AM
I think she plays Open Gaz de France, but that starts on Feb 7th, don't know if she plays anything next week..

Princess Sarah.
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:19 AM
cool thanx:)

CathyC!
Jan 29th, 2005, 03:00 PM
i think yep Open gaz.. dont think she's playing in Tokyo :/ tsk

Mr_Molik
Jan 30th, 2005, 05:36 AM
after paris alicia will play antwerp and either doha or dubai (cant remember which one) :yeah:

Lemonskin.
Jan 30th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Yep... Alicia's having a well-deserved week off after a month of playing.

Then her next tourney is Gaz De France

miss_molik
Feb 1st, 2005, 04:53 AM
Yeah. Next up for her is Gaz de France. I don't have foxtel though so i can't watch it!!!! I'm so annoyed.

shoogahplum
Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
Dayumm I don't have Foxtel either :( What a shame

miss_molik
Feb 2nd, 2005, 08:52 PM
Dayumm I don't have Foxtel either :( What a shame
i just read on the AO site that Fox sports only broadcast grandslams. so.......would it be on there???

CathyC!
Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:28 PM
dang here too.. i guess i'll next see alicia in action @ French Open *shrug*.. we need WTA Tennis Channel, or channels ;)

Pingie
Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:31 PM
after paris alicia will play antwerp and either doha or dubai (cant remember which one) :yeah:
After Paris and Antwerp Alicia will play Doha

miss_molik
Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:24 AM
dang here too.. i guess i'll next see alicia in action @ French Open *shrug*.. we need WTA Tennis Channel, or channels ;)
ditto. there should be a wta channel!!!

Huntress555
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:04 AM
Here, here, i agree too !!!

Princess Sarah.
Feb 4th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Bloody hell i hate how Aus free to air tennis coverage is so shit house

vivy09
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Bloody hell i hate how Aus free to air tennis coverage is so shit house

i totally agree!!

they only care about the grand slams :(

i guess this is where tennis australia has to step up and get some free to air channels to purchase rights to other tennis tournaments.

shoogahplum
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:29 AM
i totally agree!!

they only care about the grand slams :(

i guess this is where tennis australia has to step up and get some free to air channels to purchase rights to other tennis tournaments.

I agree. Except I can understand why they'd choose not to air those other tournaments due to lack of interest. Why they air the boring cricket when they could be screening other shows I just don't get :rolleyes:

~Rachel~
Feb 4th, 2005, 04:31 PM
After Paris and Antwerp Alicia will play Doha

Does anyone want to create a cheering thread for Alicia in the Paris/Antwerp forums? I was going to but I can't think of a creative title lol :tape:

Pingie
Feb 4th, 2005, 10:43 PM
:sad: Alicia pulled out of the Paris tournament.. >> from the official website >>

04 février 2005 - Emmanuel LANGELLIER
L'Australienne Alicia Molik a déclaré forfait pour l'Open Gaz de France en raison d'une blessure. Elle est remplacée dans le tableau final par Tatiana Golovin.

L'Australienne Alicia Molik, récente quart de finaliste à l'Open d'Australie, a déclaré forfait pour l'Open Gaz de France qui débute lundi à Paris, au Stade Pierre de Coubertin. La n°10 mondiale a renoncé en raison d'une blessure.

Molik est remplacée dans le tableau final par la première remplaçante, Tatiana Golovin. La jeune Française avait été demi-finaliste l'année dernière à la surprise générale.

Lets hope this injury isn't anything serious...

~Rachel~
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:05 PM
:sad: Alicia pulled out of the Paris tournament.. >> from the official website >>

04 février 2005 - Emmanuel LANGELLIER
L'Australienne Alicia Molik a déclaré forfait pour l'Open Gaz de France en raison d'une blessure. Elle est remplacée dans le tableau final par Tatiana Golovin.

L'Australienne Alicia Molik, récente quart de finaliste à l'Open d'Australie, a déclaré forfait pour l'Open Gaz de France qui débute lundi à Paris, au Stade Pierre de Coubertin. La n°10 mondiale a renoncé en raison d'une blessure.

Molik est remplacée dans le tableau final par la première remplaçante, Tatiana Golovin. La jeune Française avait été demi-finaliste l'année dernière à la surprise générale.

Lets hope this injury isn't anything serious...

:eek: Are you absolutely sure about this? I've just been on the official Open de Gaz website and couldn't find anything about it!

~Rachel~
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:18 PM
:eek: Are you absolutely sure about this? I've just been on the official Open de Gaz website and couldn't find anything about it!

Oh I see it now :sad:

Well it had been commented on in GM that Alicia was signed up for playing 4 tournaments in a row :eek: Maybe this is actually a good thing if it is a minor injury, at least then Alicia will be fresh for Antwerp and the following tournaments. Let's not forget how much she has already played this year: Hopman Cup, Sydney and reaching the second week at the Aussie Open in both singles AND doubles (obviously)!

CathyC!
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:31 AM
can anyone translate pls? :sad: so bad news! i was so getting excited on how she'll perform in her next tourney :sad:

Pingie
Feb 5th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I don't speak french, but I've had french in Highschool so I can translate most of it. It says that Alicia had to pull out because of an injury and that Golovin will play instead.
Alicia Molik, who was a recent quarter finalist in the Austrialian Open, would have made her debute on Monday in Paris. The worlds number 10 has to withdraw because of an injury.

Molik will be replaced by Tatiana Golovin, the young French, who made it to the semi-finals last year.

CathyC!
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Thank you Pingie :)

Grohl
Feb 5th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I hope she gets better before antwerp! I'm really looking forward to seeing her there!

miss_molik
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Here's the translation: :sad:

February 04 2005 - Emmanuel LANGELLIER THE AUSTRALIAN Alicia Molik declared fixed price for the open Gasses France because of an injury. She is replaced in the picture final by Tatiana Golovin.

The Australian Alicia Molik, recent quarter of finalist to the australia open, declared fixed price for the open Gasses France that begins Monday to Paris, to the Stadium Rock of Coubertin. The n°10 world-wide one renounced because of an injury.

Molik is replaced in the picture final by the first substitute, Tatiana Golovin. The young Frenchwoman had been half finalist last year to the general surprise.

miss_molik
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:17 AM
i hope it's nothing serious. Hopefully it's just a minor thing and she will be back in the game for antwerp and doha and stuff!!

shoogahplum
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:23 AM
:awww: :bigcry:

I hope she recovers soon... any idea as to what kind of an injury it is?

miss_molik
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:24 AM
i dunno :sad: it may be her foot again. but she would only have been doing training lately right?

shoogahplum
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:27 AM
most recently she had a groin injury as well... it could be that... or her foot.. :confused:

miss_molik
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:35 AM
mmmm. need more information!!

vivy09
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:47 AM
alicia doesnt have an injury as such, she is actually sick.
i just read in the paper today that she is suffering from a bout of influenza. her manager said that the australian took a bit out of her body so she is taking more time to recover. they did say she will be fine for the tournament in antwerp.

:)

the article also highlighted that john alexander, the fed cup captain will be happy if molik decided NOT to play fed cup this year if she wants to concentrate on her own world ranking this year. JA is happy to do so as molik has proven to be dedicated to fed cup in the past.

vivy09
Feb 6th, 2005, 03:48 AM
and im trying to find the article online but i cant access it :(

i might scan it for you guys to read if you want?

CathyC!
Feb 6th, 2005, 04:13 AM
please :) thanks viv!

vivy09
Feb 6th, 2005, 04:21 AM
please :) thanks viv!

no probs, i will do it asap

Mr_Molik
Feb 6th, 2005, 04:28 AM
alicia doesnt have an injury as such, she is actually sick.
i just read in the paper today that she is suffering from a bout of influenza. her manager said that the australian took a bit out of her body so she is taking more time to recover. they did say she will be fine for the tournament in antwerp.

:)

the article also highlighted that john alexander, the fed cup captain will be happy if molik decided NOT to play fed cup this year if she wants to concentrate on her own world ranking this year. JA is happy to do so as molik has proven to be dedicated to fed cup in the past.
omg relief!!!!! :D thanks vivy
get well soon alicia!

vivy09
Feb 6th, 2005, 04:41 AM
http://au.geocities.com/vip83a/molikarticle.jpg

taken from The Sun-Herald, Sunday 6th Feb 2005, p.93

HOPE IT WORKS!!! :)

if it doesnt work, go to this link:
http://au.geocities.com/vip83a/molikarticle.jpg

~Rachel~
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks a lot! I'm not surprised Alicia is feeling run down after the amount of tennis she has already played this year. There's a possibility she might not have the flu too seriously but might be giving her body time to recover so as not to risk an injury.

Let's hope she's back by Antwerp :)

shoogahplum
Feb 7th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the article vivy!

The flu, hey? Hope it wasn't because of the mini cyclones we've had here in Melbourne the past couple of days. The weather's just gone nuts down here...

Aaaah Alicia's a trooper isn't she? The gal's got fight :)

miss_molik
Feb 7th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Thanx for the article! It's a relief knowing she's gonna be ok. :)

Grohl
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:54 AM
good luck in antwerp!

~Rachel~
Feb 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Just got this article through from google alerts which confirms Alicia has the flu :hug:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,12180042%5E2722,00.html

Exhausted Molik forced to miss Paris
Scott Coghlan
February 08, 2005
A DOSE of the flu has forced Alicia Molik to call a brief halt to her barnstorming start to 2005.

The world No.10 was due to depart for the Paris Indoors last Friday but pulled out of the event, which started last night, and delayed her departure for Europe until today.

Molik had spoken of being exhausted after the Australian Open, where she reached the quarter-finals of the singles and won her first Grand Slam title (with Svetlana Kuznetsova) in the doubles.

Her manager, Peter Smylie, said yesterday it was almost inevitable that Molik, 24, would feel the effects of a strenuous early-season schedule but that there were no long-term concerns.

"It is just the flu and she is feeling a bit rundown," Smylie said yesterday.

"She is disappointed to miss Paris but there is no way she could have played: she's just not well enough.

"It is understandable, she has been going flat out for the last month ... she tries to do everything she can."

Molik played 13 singles matches in January in a run that helped her rise to No.10 in the world, plus seven doubles matches.

Last week she said that the success did take a "toll".

"I'm feeling pretty exhausted," Molik said on Sydney radio.

Smylie said Molik would only skip the Paris event and would play in the subsequent tournaments in Antwerp and Doha, as originally planned.

She flies to Switzerland today to join coach David Taylor for a few days of practice.

Smylie said the illness was an untimely one.

"She was keen to keep going because she was in such good form," Smylie said.

Australian Open champion Serena Williams continues her quest to reclaim the world No.1 spot when she headlines the Paris tournament.

Williams, who jumped into second spot in the rankings behind Lindsay Davenport after her victory over her fellow American in Melbourne 10 days ago, returns to the place where it all began for her six years ago.

Williams, 23, making her fourth appearance in Paris, won the first of her 26 WTA titles on carpet in the Pierre de Coubertin Stadium in 1999.

Jenny.C.Fan
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:11 PM
get well soon alicia

linds
Feb 7th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Yes, feel better soon! We want you back!!

miss_molik
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:08 PM
get well soon! :) :)

Lisbeth
Feb 8th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Get well soon Alicia :)

~Rachel~
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Alicia flew out to Europe today :banana: Sounds like she's over the flu:

Molik heads to Europe after overcoming flu
Last Update: Tuesday, February 8, 2005. 12:36pm AEDT

Australian Open quarter-finalist Alicia Molik will leave for Europe today after delaying her trip to overcome the effects of flu.

Yesterday the illness forced Molik to withdraw from this week's WTA event in Paris.

But the world number 10 is now scheduled to play a tournament in Antwerp next week.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200502/s1298230.htm

Mr_Molik
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:33 PM
good to hear :D i hope shes ok

Princess Sarah.
Feb 9th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Good Luck Alicia!

miss_molik
Feb 9th, 2005, 04:34 AM
that was quick. they must of filmed the rest of 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' before she left.

Rachel
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I reckon they probably did all the filming & they're gonna just break it up into the 1hr shows until Shane, Pauline & Alicia have all be shown ... :)

~Rachel~
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:14 AM
I'm so annoyed, I'm going on holiday next week and won't have any internet or Eurosport so I'm going to miss the whole tournament :sad: This has to be the worst tournament to miss since all three of my top faves are playing :mad:

Lemonskin.
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Can anyone tell me Alicia's schedule until the end of Miami?