PDA

View Full Version : Eurythmics

Joana
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Does anyone like this amazing band from the '80s??? I love them - Sweet Dreams, Here Comes The Rain Again, Miracle of Love... so many great songs!
Annie and Dave :worship:

Andy Mac
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:59 PM
hmmm?:confused: im sorry...but i dont think i have heard of them!

Bezz
Jan 29th, 2005, 12:29 AM
They are great, been listening to 'walking on broken glass, sweet dreams , here comes the rain and why :cool: . Excellent songs :)

VivalaSeles
Jan 29th, 2005, 12:52 AM
They were one of my favourite bands from my Pop days :D But, Joana, you forgot "There must be an Angel playing with my Heart" ;)

backhanddtl4
Jan 29th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Love 'Em

Becool
Jan 29th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Love them!!
I love mostly because of Annie Lennox :p

Hey hey, I saaaaaved the woooooorld todaaaaaaay,
everybody is happy nooooooow :bounce: :bounce:

Andy Mac
Jan 29th, 2005, 01:08 AM
wow i must be totally out of it....im the only one that hasnt heard of um

Grachka
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Annie Lennox's new album was very good too - 'Bare'? Pavement Cracks especially :)

All time favourites are 'Sweet Dreams', 'Must Be Talking To An Angel' and 'Here Comes The Rain Again' :)

kabuki
Jan 29th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Love is a Stranger is an awesome early techno-pop song.

:Rawwb:
Jan 29th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Woooo! I love the Eurythmics and Annie Lennox!

flyingmachine
Jan 29th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Does anyone like this amazing band from the '80s??? I love them - Sweet Dreams, Here Comes The Rain Again, Miracle of Love... so many great songs!
Annie and Dave :worship:
:cool: I heard Annie Lennox just released a new album. Eurythmics are great :yeah: My favourite songs are Must Be Talking To An Angel and Here Comes The Rain Again. :D

Jan 29th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Yes she did...although i havent heard it yet

bionic71
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:17 PM
"You Have Placed A Chill In My Heart" is an amazing song from the SAVAGE album.

As for Annie solo...I adore "No More I Love You's" and "Why?"

fifiricci
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:19 PM
"Revenge" is possibly one of the best albums ever made!

Lord Nelson
Jan 29th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Annie Lennox won an oscar for her song for Lord of the Rings. One person from the Razzie thread thinks that the award for this category is 'minor' just because he did not appreciate The Passion getting a nomination for best song. To me there are no minor and major categories. A nomination is a nomination. Springsteen, John, Collins and Lennox did not win minor awards.

Hot 92 Jamz
Jan 29th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I have their Greatest Hits and listen to it frequently. :)

This (http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=v25j8lcyohjec7150u0nhz7&r=20.asx) is my favorite song by Annie and Dave.

Habsudovafan
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:53 PM
One of the great bands from the eighties. I really like there must be an angel and sweet dreams.

KV
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Yes, I liked them like so many other bands from the 8O's. Would pick Sexcrime as my fav.

Avid Merrion
Jan 29th, 2005, 06:19 PM
another Eurythmics fan here :) Annie Lennox's solo stuff is great too, i loved Little Bird in particular :cool:

Jan 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM
another Eurythmics fan here :) Annie Lennox's solo stuff is great too, i loved Little Bird in particular :cool:

Little Bird is my fave too! :bounce:

Jan 29th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Annie Lennox won an oscar for her song for Lord of the Rings. One person from the Razzie thread thinks that the award for this category is 'minor' just because he did not appreciate The Passion getting a nomination for best song. To me there are no minor and major categories. A nomination is a nomination. Springsteen, John, Collins and Lennox did not win minor awards.

Mhmmm....do you mean Enya? :confused:

Oleh
Jan 29th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I love them as they made a song just for me..."Adrian..dont you understand that fools like us are only dreaming...Adrian...Adrian.." :D

They are a great band, are they still together and have any new stuff on the horizon?

jrm
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:25 PM
My favourite: Miracle of love

Joana
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Nice to see so many people here have such great taste in music ;)

galadriel
Jan 30th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I love Annie Lennox :D

Jan 30th, 2005, 11:31 AM
I love them as they made a song just for me..."Adrian..dont you understand that fools like us are only dreaming...Adrian...Adrian.." :D

They are a great band, are they still together and have any new stuff on the horizon?

No sadly they are not still together, they parted a while ago now but Annie still does solo stuff

Dana Marcy
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:25 AM
Would I Lie To You and Sisters Are Doin It For Themselves were nice songs from back in the day. :)

Mrs. Peel
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:46 AM
I'm a big fan as well....I love so many of their songs!

Who's that Girl
There Must be an Angel (playing with my heart)
Love is a Stranger
Sweet Dreams

Those are some of my most faves.....

I must be hallucinating
Watching angels celebrating.
Could this be reactivating
All my senses dislocating?
This must be a strange deception
By celestial intervention.
Leavin' me the recollection
Of your heavenly connection. :hearts:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:07 AM
Hmmm....

I don't remember the Eurythmics' Who's that Girl. I only remember the Madonna song of the same title, the title song of a crappy movie (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094321/). :)

Mrs. Peel
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:28 AM
Hmmm....

I don't remember the Eurythmics' Who's that Girl. I only remember the Madonna song of the same title, the title song of a crappy movie (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094321/). :)

Oh...the Madonna stuff is crap....

I think the Eurythmics came out with a song of that title first. It's haunting little ditty about betrayal.

The language of love
Slips from my lover's tongue
Cooler than ice cream and warmer than the sun
Young hearts get broken, just like china cups
The language of love has got me broken on the run..

But theres just one thing....just one thing

Who's that Girl?

rand
Jan 31st, 2005, 08:33 AM
They are great, been listening to 'walking on broken glass, sweet dreams , here comes the rain and why :cool: . Excellent songs :)
walking on broken glass wasn't a eurythmics song, it was a solo lennox song ;)

my fave is here comes the rain agian, definitely :)