PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway

PhoenixStorm
Jan 28th, 2005, 07:50 PM
On bravo, do you watch? its fabulous. I love Kara Saun and Austin and Jay the other three left suck.

shap_half
Jan 28th, 2005, 07:54 PM
I love PRunway!!! It is indeed fabulous!

I feel like Kara Saun is a shoe-in for the final three. Austin should also make it if he keeps it consistently fabulous. I'm not sure who the last spot should be.

I really, really HATE Robert. He's an idiot.

BigB08822
Jan 29th, 2005, 04:49 PM
This is my favorite show besides Lost! It is so interesting but I think the best thing about this show is the personality of all the people. Kara Saun is really talented and just goes about her work and I really think she will win. I think she has won like 3 of the challenges. Austin is her only real competition but Austin hasn't shown a ton of versatility. If you put up all these different outfits you could go through and find each of his easily. Kara Saun is better at adapting to the needs of each design she is trying to make. On one hand though, having your own signature style is good but as a beginner I think you need to be more versatile. Go Kara Saun!

Rocketta
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Love it!!!!!!!!!!

My favs are Kara, Jay & Robert (not for his designs)....

I like Robert because he's funny and easy going and he doesn't take himself too seriously but also he tries. Unlike the first two losers they kicked off...the one who said I don't apologize for my work ever. :rolleyes:

I think the final three will come down to Kara, Jay & Austin.

However, that episode when they worked in groups and Wendy (who I hate with an absolute passion) turned on him and they made him say something bad about another designer and he went in the back and cried like a baby. That was just over the top.

Also the episode when him and Melissa where kissing the Page 6 guys ass and Jay was calling him out on it was hilarious. Melissa being 16 is a big WOW!

Oh the wedding dress episode had to be the absolute funniest.....when they were bringing their boyfriends by.....:haha:

b8beEbLu3
Jan 29th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I LOVE this show as well. Kara and Jay are my absolute favorites, and I guess Austin has some really great designs like his BR dress. Jay is hilarious, and his commentary really cracks me up.

PhoenixStorm
Jan 30th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Tyra banks needs to look at this show and see what models look like because she has obviously forgotten. she needs to focus on girls 16 to 21 and thats it.

b8beEbLu3
Jan 30th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Tyra banks needs to look at this show and see what models look like because she has obviously forgotten. she needs to focus on girls 16 to 21 and thats it.
Agreed, but I think the big difference is that these girls are ALREADY signed with model agencies. Martinique (amazing legs) is signed with IMG, which is of course the biggest modelling agency right now, and Melissa is with ELITE. And then there are a few with NY Models. Well, thats what the website claims, but they have been wrong. They listed Audrey as 19, but she's only 17.

Rocketta
Jan 30th, 2005, 03:10 AM
I pretty much liked almost all of Kara's designs...

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep3_kara.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep2_kara.jpg
http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep5_kara.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep6_kara.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep7_kara2.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep7_kara.jpg

Rocketta
Jan 30th, 2005, 03:17 AM
my favorite Jay dress....

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep3_jay.jpg

Rocketta
Jan 30th, 2005, 03:19 AM
My favorite Austin dress.....I really liked the front not so much the back

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep3_austin.jpg

the jamierbelyea
Jan 30th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Kara's designs are all fabulous (aside from her swimsuit which I felt was a bit plain, I expect more from her).

I think Jay is great, and is the funniest person on the show. The thing about him that I like over Austin is that they more have distinct styles, but Jay happens to be able to adapt his style and not compromise and still work with the theme, but still be him. While Austin tends to not be able to find the middle ground.

I can't watch the collabaration episode bc VAnessa gets kicked out. I thought she was fab, but I don't know why she said she was the weakest. I think she'd be a shot to the top 3 if she was still here.

I thought Nora had a lot of talent, but an awful attitude. Made some awful choices though, but her supermarket outfit was fabulous.

Alexandra and Kevin were just boring. Alexandra's outfits seemed to look the same (Banana Republic and Wedding just scream as the same thing ).. and Kevin was just blah.

:)

brickhousesupporter
Jan 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Since you guys brought this show up I checked out an episode it was pretty cool. It is like Top Model but only for designers. I think that is a cool concept. I have not seen all the episodes so I cant comment on the designers style etc, but it should be interesting. Do they ever air the previous espisodes again.? If so I should set the dvr.

Rocketta
Jan 30th, 2005, 04:46 PM
yeah they did do a marathan once.....

Three episodes come on today....one starting at noon....I couldn't tell what episodes they were they all may be the same episode..

the jamierbelyea
Jan 30th, 2005, 08:06 PM
http://www.bravotv.com/Schedule/search.bravo?month=2006-12&keyword=Project%20Runway&start=today

there's going to be a major marathon on Feb 20th showing all ten episodes, as the finale episode (episode 11) will be showing the following Wednesday. :) They typically will show the last 3 episodes. :)

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 31st, 2005, 02:44 AM
I dont understand how they are going to do this because This friday Feb 4 the top three designers who became finalists put on their show during fashion week.

They are slotted for 11am this friday so if anyone is in NY go check it out and tell us who the finalists are!

I'm sure it will be on the website spoiler sites no matter what though.

the jamierbelyea
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:33 AM
I really don't want anything to be spoiled .. I'm going to have to avoid looking at fashion week stuff (my fav. week!) til after I find out whos the top 3

shap_half
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:26 AM
Austin is my favorite. He is fantastic and fabulous. I loved his BR dress as well as his bathing suit! But the corn husk dress from the first episode was PHENOMENAL!!! The innovative aspect of that dress is beyond BRILLIANT! IT IS GENIUS! The one with the big heart on the front of the dress I'm not a fan of at all, but that's alright. Austin's still fab! Although I have absolutely no clue what that wedding dress was about.

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep1_austin.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep2_austin.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep3_austin.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep4_austin.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep5_austin.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep6_austin.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep7_austin.jpg

I must say that Jay's swim suit outfit was off the hook! Robert needs to go. he's been flying under the radar and is doing noting of substantial value.

Mrs. Peel
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:26 AM
Kara and Jay are my favorites....what I like about Austin is that his persona reminds me of a ressurected Halston or Yves Saint Laurent..he is such a throwback to 70's Haute Couture!

I liked Kevin....he is a great designer but he did deserve to get bounced.

I couldn't stand that Nora girl..she was too dramatic!

Rocketta
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:31 AM
yeah don't spoil me either.....I want to find out as I watch the show.

shap_half
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:35 AM
Mrs. Peel, you are right. Austin is definitely a throw back to retro Haute Couture

I feel that both Austin and Kara have a true sense for fashion. While Jay is very adventurous and quirky, his designs are very unique to him, but I would put both Austin and Kara above him.

Mrs. Peel
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:38 AM
Mrs. Peel, you are right. Austin is definitely a throw back to retro Haute Couture

I feel that both Austin and Kara have a true sense for fashion. While Jay is very adventurous and quirky, his designs are very unique to him, but I would put both Austin and Kara above him.

Didn't Jay surprise you with his designs? I didn't expect him to be so good after the first epi. That silver art deco dress was sublime! Jay is also hysterical...very honest.

shap_half
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:40 AM
Jay's designs are very impressive. I especially love the swimsuit and the 'rock star' outfit he designed. I think Austin, Kara, and Jay SHOULD all make the top three. To me, it doesn't look like anyone other than those three should make it, but who knows. Robert's been getting away with his crappy designs all season long.

shap_half
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:41 AM
And Jay is VERY funny.

Rocketta
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:42 AM
I think Jay didn't realise how talented he was until this competition. He was freaking out about making that dress for BR and after he was successful he was confident that he could do anything.

I just hope Wendy the conniving backstabbing biotch is out next week.

Mrs. Peel
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:48 AM
Jay's designs are very impressive. I especially love the swimsuit and the 'rock star' outfit he designed. I think Austin, Kara, and Jay SHOULD all make the top three. To me, it doesn't look like anyone other than those three should make it, but who knows. Robert's been getting away with his crappy designs all season long.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But he is so fine....he flashes those pearly whites then he pushes his crap with confidence...part of the industry is salemanship and he is good at it! Cause his stuff has been :tape:

Mrs. Peel
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:50 AM
I think Jay didn't realise how talented he was until this competition. He was freaking out about making that dress for BR and after he was successful he was confident that he could do anything.

I just hope Wendy the conniving backstabbing biotch is out next week.
Yes..she's got to go....you can't go backstabbing people to survive than expect to be part of the group :retard:

If you want to stand up like that and alienate people, you have to be tough enough to stand alone. I would respect her more! If you are going to be ruthless, stay that way..don't get all weepy!

Rocketta
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:52 AM
I thought his penis envy was tailored nicely....didn't like the colors though...:)

Mrs. Peel you are correct that his confidence is what has helped him last this long and Kevin's mousiness is what got him the boot. When they give you an opportunity to speak up for yourself then you better jump at it.

Rocketta
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:58 AM
Yes..she's got to go....you can't go backstabbing people to survive than expect to be part of the group :retard:

If you want to stand up like that and alienate people, you have to be tough enough to stand alone. I would respect her more! If you are going to be ruthless, stay that way..don't get all weepy!
yeah since the first show she was all into her I have a strategy...:rolleyes:

Nobody was thinking about her....they were busy working on their garments... She put out some serious trash as well...lets look..

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep1_wendy.jpg

http://www.bravotv.com/images/Project_Runway/The_Runway/pic_runway_ep2_wendy.jpg

If the two guys they kicked off first weren't such arrogant pricks Wendy would've been history. ;)

the jamierbelyea
Jan 31st, 2005, 05:10 AM
You have to keep in mind that Wendy said she had a plan, technique in place on how she was going to design. She said that after it didnt work during the BR challenge, and since then most of her outfits have been much, much better.

I love to Hate Wendy. haha .

I think Austin is okay, but I think a lot of his designs don't fit the mold of the challenges, and I think that's definitley a downfall in his design capabilities.

Rocketta
Jan 31st, 2005, 05:24 AM
You have to keep in mind that Wendy said she had a plan, technique in place on how she was going to design. She said that after it didnt work during the BR challenge, and since then most of her outfits have been much, much better.

I think Austin is okay, but I think a lot of his designs don't fit the mold of the challenges, and I think that's definitley a downfall in his design capabilities.
Yeah she was too busy trying to scheme instead of spending time thinking about her outfits. :tape:

When she stabbed Austin in the back that was hilarious! The look on his face...:lol:

That's one of the reasons I really like Kara she really has stayed away from those type of games and even when she took over Kevin's team and was running the show she didn't try to then backstab him......but of course who did......Wendy.........the :devil:

the jamierbelyea
Jan 31st, 2005, 05:43 AM
Yeah she was too busy trying to scheme instead of spending time thinking about her outfits. :tape:

When she stabbed Austin in the back that was hilarious! The look on his face...:lol:

That's one of the reasons I really like Kara she really has stayed away from those type of games and even when she took over Kevin's team and was running the show she didn't try to then backstab him......but of course who did......Wendy.........the :devil:
I sort of didn't see what she was doing as backstabbing. I think she was just being honest, honest like everyone else was. She just didn't show remorse, but I think she was right. If I was on that team I would have blamed Austin on the shear fact it was his design, and his design sucked.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 31st, 2005, 06:45 AM

I agree totally about austin. He started off strong but then he just couldnt stay on track of the challenge.

The wedding dress was horrendous. His first three were lovely though.

shap_half
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:43 PM
I definitely agree that Robert is very good looking but his designs have been the worst of the group for a while now. The dress he created for BR was just GROSS! I forget her name, but the gothic girl would have shown more potential and could have done better in recent weeks than Robert. Robert is quite the looker, but he needs to go. I'd rather have Wendy there than him.

Rocketta
Jan 31st, 2005, 05:26 PM
I sort of didn't see what she was doing as backstabbing. I think she was just being honest, honest like everyone else was. She just didn't show remorse, but I think she was right. If I was on that team I would have blamed Austin on the shear fact it was his design, and his design sucked.
She was backstabbing because all those things she said to the judges she never said to Austin or Kevin. She was especially backstabbing toward Kevin because she was smilling in his face and acting like they were the best buddies and then as soon as she gets in front of the judges she has issues with him. Like he said he went to all of them individually and asked if that had any problems and she didn't say a word.

Also, with the Austin situation.....She didn't try to help. I actually remember Vanessa wanting to buck what Austin was doing and was trying to get Wendy to stand with her on the issue and Wendy didn't say a word and let Austin get his way. Then to go into the runway after she pretended to be 100% behind Austin and call him out in front of the judges was just wrong.

the jamierbelyea
Jan 31st, 2005, 07:07 PM
She was backstabbing because all those things she said to the judges she never said to Austin or Kevin. She was especially backstabbing toward Kevin because she was smilling in his face and acting like they were the best buddies and then as soon as she gets in front of the judges she has issues with him. Like he said he went to all of them individually and asked if that had any problems and she didn't say a word.

Also, with the Austin situation.....She didn't try to help. I actually remember Vanessa wanting to buck what Austin was doing and was trying to get Wendy to stand with her on the issue and Wendy didn't say a word and let Austin get his way. Then to go into the runway after she pretended to be 100% behind Austin and call him out in front of the judges was just wrong.
I think when it comes to Kevin, the entire group of designers felt what she was saying was true. None of them truly thought Kevin was a great leader, and the real leaders of the challenge were Kara and Jay. I was actually sort of annoyed with all of the other designers for flying under the radar, and not really speaking their annoyances with Kevin's leadership qualities, because I really doubt that any of them felt he was a strong leader at all.

When it comes to Austin, I think trying to change Austin's design would have been incorrect anyway. Austin had told them what to get, and I think as he was the leader the final say is his, and to buck some of his ideas at the store, would have been unprofessional. I think a lot of editing has a lot to say abotu this, because of course they are going to make Wendy look much worse than she probably is. I think both Wendy and Vanessa both realized the folly in the design, but Wendy chose to say it.

And of course Wendy didn't tell Austin what she was going to say at the runway because none of them knew they were going to have say something about their teammates. They were all shocked when they were told they had to name a weak link. I think it was a spur of the moment sort of thing (it couldn't have been calculated with Austin, because she didn't know) and the true honesty just came out of her mouth.

I don't really agree with Wendy's tactics don't get me wrong, but I sort of see the other side of the situation I guess.

the jamierbelyea
Jan 31st, 2005, 07:08 PM
I definitely agree that Robert is very good looking but his designs have been the worst of the group for a while now. The dress he created for BR was just GROSS! I forget her name, but the gothic girl would have shown more potential and could have done better in recent weeks than Robert. Robert is quite the looker, but he needs to go. I'd rather have Wendy there than him.
I think Nora definitley had a lot of potential, just an awful awful attitude. I think she was truly destined to be kicked off during the collabaration episode when she had her tear fest, but was saved due to the fact that Vanessa was dumb and called herself the weakest link.

ahhh I miss Vanessa.

Rocketta
Jan 31st, 2005, 07:59 PM
I think when it comes to Kevin, the entire group of designers felt what she was saying was true. None of them truly thought Kevin was a great leader, and the real leaders of the challenge were Kara and Jay. I was actually sort of annoyed with all of the other designers for flying under the radar, and not really speaking their annoyances with Kevin's leadership qualities, because I really doubt that any of them felt he was a strong leader at all.

When it comes to Austin, I think trying to change Austin's design would have been incorrect anyway. Austin had told them what to get, and I think as he was the leader the final say is his, and to buck some of his ideas at the store, would have been unprofessional. I think a lot of editing has a lot to say abotu this, because of course they are going to make Wendy look much worse than she probably is. I think both Wendy and Vanessa both realized the folly in the design, but Wendy chose to say it.

And of course Wendy didn't tell Austin what she was going to say at the runway because none of them knew they were going to have say something about their teammates. They were all shocked when they were told they had to name a weak link. I think it was a spur of the moment sort of thing (it couldn't have been calculated with Austin, because she didn't know) and the true honesty just came out of her mouth.

I don't really agree with Wendy's tactics don't get me wrong, but I sort of see the other side of the situation I guess.

you make excellent points..........:)

I think if Wendy hadn't been crazy enough to say all that stuff about formulating a plan and pumping people for info so she can find their weak spot so she could use it later then I would be more prone to believe what you believe....she was just being honest. However, although what she said was all technically true I just don't believe it was coming from an honest spot.

Your right Nora deserved to get the can in the collaborative effort show. She was a crazy person that episode. She flipped from one extreme to the next. Remember when she was telling Melissa, "oh you're a desinger!" when Melissa was telling her what she wanted then she get in the interview thing and talk smack....I mean yes they all did that to some extent but Nora was just blatanly over the top with her patronizing of Melissa. I was very happy when she was kicked off.....that wedding dress was ugly....the dress was ok but those roses...:o

So I agree Nora's attitude was very bad but she was just 21 and it's proving that this competition isn't really working well for the young ones...

I thought all of Alexandra's designs looked the same. Every last one had a ruffle somewhere on it. ;)

the jamierbelyea
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:59 PM
you make excellent points..........:)

I think if Wendy hadn't been crazy enough to say all that stuff about formulating a plan and pumping people for info so she can find their weak spot so she could use it later then I would be more prone to believe what you believe....she was just being honest. However, although what she said was all technically true I just don't believe it was coming from an honest spot.

Your right Nora deserved to get the can in the collaborative effort show. She was a crazy person that episode. She flipped from one extreme to the next. Remember when she was telling Melissa, "oh you're a desinger!" when Melissa was telling her what she wanted then she get in the interview thing and talk smack....I mean yes they all did that to some extent but Nora was just blatanly over the top with her patronizing of Melissa. I was very happy when she was kicked off.....that wedding dress was ugly....the dress was ok but those roses...:o

So I agree Nora's attitude was very bad but she was just 21 and it's proving that this competition isn't really working well for the young ones...

I thought all of Alexandra's designs looked the same. Every last one had a ruffle somewhere on it. ;)
I don't know about Wendy.. I guess I love me a villain ;)

Nora I think just didn't understand the concept of trying to keep her own vision. To be chomped down by a 16 y old is just sad, but after the collabaration episode I've disliked her so I wasn't sad to see her go.

Spot-on with Alexandra! She was just soooo boring. Her wedding dress WAS her banana republic dress. I think she tends to design for herself, making clothes that she wants to wear specifically, and I don't think that's a criticism, but she seems to have only one specific idea in mind, and that is a criticism in my mind.

Rocketta
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:52 PM
I don't know about Wendy.. I guess I love me a villain ;)

Nora I think just didn't understand the concept of trying to keep her own vision. To be chomped down by a 16 y old is just sad, but after the collabaration episode I've disliked her so I wasn't sad to see her go.

Spot-on with Alexandra! She was just soooo boring. Her wedding dress WAS her banana republic dress. I think she tends to design for herself, making clothes that she wants to wear specifically, and I don't think that's a criticism, but she seems to have only one specific idea in mind, and that is a criticism in my mind.
Haha, well they definitely have portrayed Wendy as the villain.

Your right about Nora I don't know what she was thinking but she did let a 16 year old run over her. I'm still trying to figure out why Wendy thought her wedding dress was going to be the best. :retard: I mean it was one of *her* best designs but that doesn't mean much. Her BR dress was very nice and I think deserved to win but I think that was kind of like the best she was going to do...:)

Alexandra was boring I hated most of her designs but I hate that ruffled look. She used the same color all the time too. :eek:

PaulieM
Feb 1st, 2005, 12:16 AM
OMG i totally LOVE this show... I want Kara Saun to win, she's the best :)

shap_half
Feb 1st, 2005, 01:28 AM
Wendy's BR dress really didn't deserve to win that challenge. Her dress wasn't the best. I felt that Austin's or Kara Saun's dresses were better and more innovative dresses. I especially loved Austin's vision of a winter floral. We could find Wendy's dress anywhere.

I obviously dislike both Wendy and Robert, but Wendy is clearly the better designer and Robert has been laying low and getting away with his witty banter with the judges. I prefer if Nora or Vanessa were still around to challenge for the last three spots. Jay, Austin, and Kara Saun should get it and it would be WRONG! WRONG! WROONG! if they didn't.

Rocketta
Feb 1st, 2005, 01:35 AM
shap, yes but one thing I like about this competition is that you're really only as good as your last design. I mean Kevin went from winning one week to being out the next. It keeps them on their toes...I think with the wedding dress, it was the first time someone got over on their potential talent...and that was Austin cause that dress was YIKES! :eek:

shap_half
Feb 1st, 2005, 02:04 AM
Yeah. Definitely did not understand that wedding dress. First, it was metallic green. It looked like something Julia Roberts should have worn in pretty woman.

PaulieM
Feb 1st, 2005, 03:07 AM
Wendy's BR dress really didn't deserve to win that challenge. Her dress wasn't the best. I felt that Austin's or Kara Saun's dresses were better and more innovative dresses. I especially loved Austin's vision of a winter floral. We could find Wendy's dress anywhere.

I obviously dislike both Wendy and Robert, but Wendy is clearly the better designer and Robert has been laying low and getting away with his witty banter with the judges. I prefer if Nora or Vanessa were still around to challenge for the last three spots. Jay, Austin, and Kara Saun should get it and it would be WRONG! WRONG! WROONG! if they didn't.

i definetly agree about Wendy's BR dress, i liked austin's and jay's for that challenge.

the jamierbelyea
Feb 1st, 2005, 05:26 AM

For me I think the fact that Wendy's dress was sort of typical, was why she won the challenge. I mean really that's one of the main things the challenge was about commerical appeal, and I definitley think BR is one of the more conservative companies.

That's probably the biggest differences between a BR and a regular old store, fabrics, they tend to use better fabrics.

I think Wendy won because it fit exactly the typical BR asthetic, and it looked quite inexpensive to make. I think the detailing Jay had on his dress would make it really impossible for a mass market situation the BR will need.

ALthough I think Kara Saun equally deserved to win the challenge, I really apreciated the simplicity of Wendy's design.

(I really sound like one of Wendy's lost children in this thread haha)

Rocketta
Feb 1st, 2005, 05:58 AM
For me I think the fact that Wendy's dress was sort of typical, was why she won the challenge. I mean really that's one of the main things the challenge was about commerical appeal, and I definitley think BR is one of the more conservative companies.

That's probably the biggest differences between a BR and a regular old store, fabrics, they tend to use better fabrics.

I think Wendy won because it fit exactly the typical BR asthetic, and it looked quite inexpensive to make. I think the detailing Jay had on his dress would make it really impossible for a mass market situation the BR will need.

ALthough I think Kara Saun equally deserved to win the challenge, I really apreciated the simplicity of Wendy's design.

(I really sound like one of Wendy's lost children in this thread haha)
well, Somebody needs to stand up for Wendy. :D

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 1st, 2005, 05:13 PM
Wendy needs to go. I can't stand that wench.

b8beEbLu3
Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:22 AM
Wendy makes it through again:mad::fiery:

Kara wins again :)

That Jay is hilarious. The group dynamic between Kara, Rob, Austin and Jay is great.

Austin on the runway:lol::lol:. God, I love this show.

I have a feeling that Wendy will make it to the final 3:rolleyes:

the jamierbelyea
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:53 AM
Once again Wendy gets by with a not so great design, but someone else makes a worst design.

I think the red carpet challenge definitley caters to Kara Saun and Austin. Kara Saun has experience designing for the red carpet (Queen Latifah) and Austin's frou-frou , couture style , which can be tacky and over the top in real life, works perfectly on the red carpet with the right person.

I think the out will be between Jay and Wendy. Wendy's simplistic approach, can work for a nice, clean, and elegant a la her Banana Republic dress. She has the capabilities of this challenge (hopefully she'll leave the asymetricals at home). Jay's wacky, and wild approach has a chance of being too much on the red carpet, but from what I've seen and his ability to adapt I think he does have a shot.

I think Kara Saun will definitley make it. If Austin doesn't do anything completley drastic he'll also make it, and the battle will be between Jay and Wendy. I can't see them letting Wendy through with how strong Jay's been lately, and that's one of the reason why Robert was kicked off tonight (bad history of clothes brought up by Nina Garcia (I love her btw, so glad she's back). I'm excited and thrilled for this episode for sure.

... Kara Saun's was fabulous once again.

I'm curious to see which designes pick which model and who will be out.

Kara Saun and Jenny seem like they are going to end, and Jenny must be excited knowing how great Kara Saun is.

Austin and Wendy I imagine will stick between Martinque and Melissa.

It'll be interesting to see what Jay does, does he stick with Julia, or defect to Olga (who's been Robert's Russian ex-wife replacement (although Olga is from CZE I think))... Or will anyone choose Olga not that Rob's gone.

From the begining they thought the strongest walkers were Olga, Melissa, and Martinique, and they are all still here. Although I definitley Jenny will be picked over one of them, and Julia might as well.

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:45 PM
shap, yes but one thing I like about this competition is that you're really only as good as your last design. I mean Kevin went from winning one week to being out the next. It keeps them on their toes...I think with the wedding dress, it was the first time someone got over on their potential talent...and that was Austin cause that dress was YIKES! :eek:

Well I dont think thats right and I will boycott this show if Kara saun goes next week which is what they imply when the teaser said "the elmination you never expected".

Jay
Kara Saun
Austin

are better than wendy and deserve the top three spots.

I have a horrible susipicion that kara is gone next week. watch.

Paneru
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Well I dont think thats right and I will boycott this show if Kara saun goes next week which is what they imply when the teaser said "the elmination you never expected".

Jay
Kara Saun
Austin

are better than wendy and deserve the top three spots.

I have a horrible susipicion that kara is gone next week. watch.

They are the best.

IMO, nothing can justify Kara Saun not
making it to the final 3.

Her work has been flawless over the
entire period. Even if she's not so hot
next week I don't think she can be denied
given how well she has done overall and winning
so many challenges! :cool:

Wendy is a bitch!

I wanna know who drew the stache
on her daughters picture! :lol:

Rocketta
Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:01 PM
No I refuse to believe Kara Saun won't make it to the final.....I paused the video to look at the dresses......and well It may well be Austin or Jay.....Kara Saun has never been in the bottom of designs....ever. Wendy's dress is simple again but it didn't look like a red carpet dress more like a coctail or club dress.

Omg, anyone notice how disappointed Kara was when Wendy walked back.....plus with Jay's you're like a cockroach line....:lol:

Rocketta
Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
omg, Wendy and those side pleats....:eek: Hello, can you see a size 16 in those? Plus only the shirt lacked was a high neck ruffled collar to finish off the matronly look.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:28 PM
I just started watching this show and Kara is going to be eliminated. Wasn't she one of the most consistent designers. Shouldn't consistency count for something. I think Michael Kors loves Kara too much to have her eliminated next week. I can not believe that she would not make the final 3. If she does not then this show is just a joke and not really about talent. I am with Cybelle I might have to stop watching just as soon as I started.

Rocketta
Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:37 PM
I just started watching this show and Kara is going to be eliminated. Wasn't she one of the most consistent designers. Shouldn't consistency count for something. I think Michael Kors loves Kara too much to have her eliminated next week. I can not believe that she would not make the final 3. If she does not then this show is just a joke and not really about talent. I am with Cybelle I might have to stop watching just as soon as I started.
yeah I refuse to believe Kara gets eliminated....and I have watched this show from day one but if she gets the boot I will not watch one more day...

Mrs. Peel
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
I don't even want to think about Kara Saun getting eliminated! :sad: :sad: I just hope that is just set up to get us to tune in!

How many challenges has she won? Like 5? She is an amazing designer. Anyone who can make a sexy postal service uniform is a winner in my book! :worship:

Its not worth enduring the awful Heidi Klum another week for such a result.

Too bad Robert got lazy to let Wendy get by on another GAWD AWFUL desin.

Seeing him naked was just :drool: I'm going to miss his ass...literally!

Kera Saun and Jay are still my favorites! :hearts:

Rocketta
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:27 PM
:lol: I can't believe they showed his ass on TV...............he has no shame! :lol:

I'm going to miss Robert..He was fun and got along with everyone.

Wendy is the spawn of hell.........she probably marked her own child's picture. :retard:

or it was Kevin, his picture is in the dictionary under passive agressive. :tape:

Mrs. Peel
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
:lol: I can't believe they showed his ass on TV...............he has no shame! :lol:

I'm going to miss Robert..He was fun and got along with everyone.

Wendy is the spawn of hell.........she probably marked her own child's picture. :retard:

or it was Kevin, his picture is in the dictionary under passive agressive. :tape:
I would guess Kevin or Morgan :lol:

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 4th, 2005, 02:48 PM
If anyone is in NY and going to fashion week today please check out the Project Runway show at 11 am and let us know, with a spoiler warning, who the three designers are...

If they dont name the designers please describe the clothes...:kiss:

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Okay nevermind I just got the inside scoop to who are the last three standing..

Do you want to know? Click the link and look at the designers they are listed in the order they were kicked off the show starting bottom to top...

You have been warned...

So if you dont want to know dont click the link....

http://www.tvtome.com/ProjectRunway/

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:17 PM
:confused: Okay Spoiler part two and i'm more confused than ever:confused:

Click the link at your own risk...

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/39835.htm

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Nevermind, disregard all I wrote because we wont know for sure until the designers hit the runway in five minutes. Someone post!

Paneru
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:57 PM
If anyone is in NY and going to fashion week today please check out the Project Runway show at 11 am and let us know, with a spoiler warning, who the three designers are...

If they dont name the designers please describe the clothes...:kiss:

Oh, i had forgotten about that!

Venus will be there! :cool:

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 4th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Ah nevermind my previous spoiler was correct.

Paneru
Feb 4th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Pics are up on getty images.

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 4th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Wendy

http://www.**************/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&logsrch=1&sfld=C&nbc1=1

Austin
http://www.**************/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&logsrch=1&sfld=C&nbc1=1

Kara Saun
http://www.**************/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&logsrch=1&sfld=&nbc1=1

Jay
http://www.**************/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====99673&nbc1=1

Dish
http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/english/forum/threaded/trolls/newbies/gossip/all/page-1/thread/1044889/page-1.html

cmasters
Feb 4th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the spoilers. I'm dissapointed in the outcome though.

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 4th, 2005, 07:51 PM
we still dont know who wins there is no outcome yet.

b8beEbLu3
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:10 AM
I think I saw Ann from ANTM3 modeling for Kara.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I just thought I would offer my "non fashionable male " opinion of what I say on the runway.

Kara Saun- As a collection I thought hers fit the bill. She decided to have certain elements as part of her collection. And each one of her outfits incorporated some element of the theme. It was a very high fashion show, but it is also something that someone could were on special ocassion. I could really see my woman in some of the things that she does.

Jay- I thought his was really nice, although I could not tell the theme as it was less cohesive a collection than Kara. I really liked the use of the bright colors and the funky elements that he added. If he wins I would not be disappointed with the outcome, as he really stepped up and took it to Kara.

There rest I could care less about because there is no way in hell the other two could win. This show would look like such a farce if they did.

Rocketta
Feb 5th, 2005, 03:44 PM
are y'all people writing spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Come on! People clearly said they didn't want to be spoiled.. :(

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 5th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Dont worry nothing has been revealed and no one but the judges know who was eliminated and who will win.

Rocketta
Feb 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM
ok, great.... :)

PaulieM
Feb 5th, 2005, 10:57 PM
in the commercial for next week's episode they said that it's the elimination that nobody expected, i hope it's not Kara Saun she's the best. I don't think they would eliminate her though

PaulieM
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:13 PM
yeah I refuse to believe Kara gets eliminated....and I have watched this show from day one but if she gets the boot I will not watch one more day...
i agree completely she's been the best one the whole time even when her design's didn't win they have still always been the best. i don't think i've ever looked at one of her designs and thought hmm i don't know if i like it. i'm a little worried though because it might be too predictable to have her win the whole thing though which would suck if that's why she lost. if she is out next week i am so done watching this show. unfortunetly i think jay's comment about about wendy being like a roach is true, she's probably going to slip through again next week. i think it should either be her or austin that gets voted off. even though i like austin and a lot of his designs he's not versatile enough, it's always so austin. and his postal worker outfit was not realistic at all. ok i'm done rambling:) Go kara Saun!!

oh about wendy's picture, somehow i wouldn't be surprised if she did herself to have something to flip out about :tape:

Rocketta
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:24 AM
in the commercial for next week's episode they said that it's the elimination that nobody expected, i hope it's not Kara Saun she's the best. I don't think they would eliminate her though

yeah I agree with you! They better leave our Kara Saun alone. If she makes it to Fashion week then she will be the winner regardless if she actually wins because everyone who has watched this show knows she's the true winner in fashions, attitude and general personality. I like Jay but Kara hasn't played any games with people. I mean she even tried to help Wendy by doing her hair so she doesn't look so dumpy on the runway.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 6th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I should be on that show >>> :sport: :haha: :bolt:

PaulieM
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:38 PM
it's on again tonight, i'm so excited :) please kara saun DON'T get eliminated please...

PaulieM
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:10 AM
I'm really glad that Kara Saun is still in :bounce: , i guess they knew that people would be really pissed if she got kicked off especially since her design was still one of the better ones. i liked jay's outfit the best, and i'm really glad that kara helped him with the top because i liked it, i don't know what all the judges were talking about. I HATE wendy, i'm so pissed that she's still on, she only had one halfway decent design that wasn't even the best for that week and somehow makes it to the final 3. i would absolutely have a fit if she somehow miraculously won this whole thing, ugh. :mad:

Rocketta
Feb 10th, 2005, 04:20 AM
I'm really glad that Kara Saun is still in :bounce: , i guess they knew that people would be really pissed if she got kicked off especially since her design was still one of the better ones. i liked jay's outfit the best, and i'm really glad that kara helped him with the top because i liked it, i don't know what all the judges were talking about. I HATE wendy, i'm so pissed that she's still on, she only had one halfway decent design that wasn't even the best for that week and somehow makes it to the final 3. i would absolutely have a fit if she somehow miraculously won this whole thing, ugh. :mad:

I don't think the designers liked Wendy's design at all. She only won because some hack got to pick. :lol:

However, the sheer non-joy that Jay and Kara showed when Wendy walked back was classic! :lol:

omg, I can't wait for next week......they are going to throw down! :shout:

I wonder who walks out? I bet it's Wendy. :tape: Maybe not but I think so especially since they are going to bring up the kid picture thing. I think she did it herself. :o I don't know. I'm like Jay, " I just hate Wendy" :lol:

PaulieM
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:00 AM
that was so great when he said that, i loved how he was like " when i saw her come back in( instead of austin) i was just grossed out." i didn't particularly think that austin deserved to be in either, he seems too limited, but at least he's had more than one decent design. when is the actual fashion week episode going to be on, because next week they're having that whole discussion thing?

the jamierbelyea
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:15 AM
I think the judges were spot-on in eliminating Austin, only because of this.

Nancy chose the winner, no matter what happened in previous weeks, she picked which one she wanted to go out in public in, so she picked Wendy.

So, that left the other three, and one of them had to go.

- so Kara Saun obviously wasnt going to get eliminated, with her only weak design being the swimsuit, so good for her.

It was really between Austin and Jay. Even though Austin had won two challenges, and Jay none, I feel Jay listens and has much more versatility.

Jay seemed to be 2nd a lot, and never really had a complete loss, or bad bad bad design.

While Austin had the wedding dress, and sarah hudson.

Although his design was so pretty, it seems he didnt listen to a word Nancy said. :(

I'm happy with the three, considering how it this week went down, it had to be this way.

ALthough I wonder if Kara's look would have won if she lost the pant. I think it would have given it a whole different feel.

Rocketta
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:17 AM
that was so great when he said that, i loved how he was like " when i saw her come back in( instead of austin) i was just grossed out." i didn't particularly think that austin deserved to be in either, he seems too limited, but at least he's had more than one decent design. when is the actual fashion week episode going to be on, because next week they're having that whole discussion thing?

I guess in two weeks.....

Yeah I love Jay and Kara......they have respect and love for each other so it's great. Jay and Kara's dislike of Wendy is sooooo deep. I think we will find out why next week. I think there is more to the story. Heidi Klum doesn't like Wendy either and it's evident to me.

Wendy only got over cause that reporter got to pick and Kara's fabrick wasn't right for tv but the lady didn't say anything about that when she talked to them and besides it seems to do just fine for the celebs but anyway.

Wendy's shirt looked unfinished again. :(

Michael Kors can't stand her either. :lol:

Rocketta
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:19 AM
I think the judges were spot-on in eliminating Austin, only because of this.

Nancy chose the winner, no matter what happened in previous weeks, she picked which one she wanted to go out in public in, so she picked Wendy.

So, that left the other three, and one of them had to go.

- so Kara Saun obviously wasnt going to get eliminated, with her only weak design being the swimsuit, so good for her.

It was really between Austin and Jay. Even though Austin had won two challenges, and Jay none, I feel Jay listens and has much more versatility.

Jay seemed to be 2nd a lot, and never really had a complete loss, or bad bad bad design.

While Austin had the wedding dress, and sarah hudson.

Although his design was so pretty, it seems he didnt listen to a word Nancy said. :(

I'm happy with the three, considering how it this week went down, it had to be this way.

ALthough I wonder if Kara's look would have won if she lost the pant. I think it would have given it a whole different feel.

It totally made sense why Wendy made it.................note to the show don't let a non-designer determine your last three. ;)

You're right Austin doesn't listen but he explained that he wasn't going to compromise his style it hurt him in this challenge. It may work for him in the long run we'll see. He definitely is extremely talented.

the jamierbelyea
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:35 AM
I guess in two weeks.....

Yeah I love Jay and Kara......they have respect and love for each other so it's great. Jay and Kara's dislike of Wendy is sooooo deep. I think we will find out why next week. I think there is more to the story. Heidi Klum doesn't like Wendy either and it's evident to me.

Wendy only got over cause that reporter got to pick and Kara's fabrick wasn't right for tv but the lady didn't say anything about that when she talked to them and besides it seems to do just fine for the celebs but anyway.

Wendy's shirt looked unfinished again. :(

Michael Kors can't stand her either. :lol:

I actually really loved Wendy's shirt. I felt it was finished cleaned, and just great. I just wish she would get off the goddamn asymetrical, which seems to be her favorite thing ever.

I remember when Kara helped make over Wendy during the BR challenge... Wendy really lost it.

Also, Vanessa could have easily made the top 3 I am certain, if she wasn't idiotic and stupid.

Rocketta
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:37 AM
I actually really loved Wendy's shirt. I felt it was finished cleaned, and just great. I just wish she would get off the goddamn asymetrical, which seems to be her favorite thing ever.

I remember when Kara helped make over Wendy during the BR challenge... Wendy really lost it.

Also, Vanessa could have easily made the top 3 I am certain, if she wasn't idiotic and stupid.

I thought the bottom of the shirt looked unfinished like her envy dress...the top part of it was nice.

Kara helped everybody.....there's a reason she stopped being friendly to Wendy. I just wonder what it is. :hehehe:

the jamierbelyea
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:38 AM
It totally made sense why Wendy made it.................note to the show don't let a non-designer determine your last three. ;)

You're right Austin doesn't listen but he explained that he wasn't going to compromise his style it hurt him in this challenge. It may work for him in the long run we'll see. He definitely is extremely talented.

I think for Austin it didn't really matter for him to make it to fashion week. His style is really unrealistic, and costumey as Jay said. I don't think a collection of his would have worked, it would have been really over the top, cotoure, and just plain rediculous.

I do think Austin is a fabulous designer, and can do custom dresses for award shows, but I definitley see him as a custom designer, not someone possible of having a collection to be bought by the public (of any kind).

So, I think this was almost a blessing for him in my opinion. I think beside having a thrill for being in fashion week, it would have been pointless. He still needs time to not just be beautiful, but realistic, and when he does that he'll be able to have a successful collection.

Rocketta
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:45 AM
I think for Austin it didn't really matter for him to make it to fashion week. His style is really unrealistic, and costumey as Jay said. I don't think a collection of his would have worked, it would have been really over the top, cotoure, and just plain rediculous.

I do think Austin is a fabulous designer, and can do custom dresses for award shows, but I definitley see him as a custom designer, not someone possible of having a collection to be bought by the public (of any kind).

So, I think this was almost a blessing for him in my opinion. I think beside having a thrill for being in fashion week, it would have been pointless. He still needs time to not just be beautiful, but realistic, and when he does that he'll be able to have a successful collection.

Yeah but he could do a whole line of red carpet type pieces...that's a niche no shame in that.

Maybe Wendy will surprise me but I think her lines going to be avg, avg, avg, avg, above average, avg, avg, etc...

the jamierbelyea
Feb 10th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Yeah but he could do a whole line of red carpet type pieces...that's a niche no shame in that.

Maybe Wendy will surprise me but I think her lines going to be avg, avg, avg, avg, above average, avg, avg, etc...

For me it's really difficult to think of what they'll do, because although we've all seen their styles, we have never seen the judges without restriction so that should be interesting.

Wendy could also be very good when she's given a lot of time to do something, because most of her outfits can be poorly thought out, and unfinished, perhaps with time everything will be crisp and clean.

Kara might be really good quickly, but might just be average when everyone is on a field they are more used too (doubt it though)

and Jay is hillarious, and great and I can't wait to see what he does.

Poor Martinique though, one of the strongest walkers, and damn gorgeous but I doubt Wendy will pick her over Melissa.

Jenny must be really happy that Kara Saun got her!

Rocketta
Feb 10th, 2005, 06:05 AM
For me it's really difficult to think of what they'll do, because although we've all seen their styles, we have never seen the judges without restriction so that should be interesting.

Wendy could also be very good when she's given a lot of time to do something, because most of her outfits can be poorly thought out, and unfinished, perhaps with time everything will be crisp and clean.

Kara might be really good quickly, but might just be average when everyone is on a field they are more used too (doubt it though)

and Jay is hillarious, and great and I can't wait to see what he does.

Poor Martinique though, one of the strongest walkers, and damn gorgeous but I doubt Wendy will pick her over Melissa.

Jenny must be really happy that Kara Saun got her!

Hmm, yeah I felt for Martinique too but Wendy might pick her over Melissa....Martinique was already picked and I just don't see Wendy as super loyal. :lol:

Anyway, they need alot of models so I'm sure Martinique will get to work their Show for Fasion week but I don't think she'll win now that Austin is out.

I'm really shocked Jay picked his girl again it wasn't just that she was late it was that she didn't show up at all it may have been an emergency but dang. :eek:

Yeah Jay is hilarious! He's very funny even when he's expressing dislike and anger. :lol:

the jamierbelyea
Feb 10th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Hmm, yeah I felt for Martinique too but Wendy might pick her over Melissa....Martinique was already picked and I just don't see Wendy as super loyal. :lol:

Anyway, they need alot of models so I'm sure Martinique will get to work their Show for Fasion week but I don't think she'll win now that Austin is out.

I'm really shocked Jay picked his girl again it wasn't just that she was late it was that she didn't show up at all it may have been an emergency but dang. :eek:

Yeah Jay is hilarious! He's very funny even when he's expressing dislike and anger. :lol:

I always thought Julia was scary looking, but I thought she looked really pretty today. I kind of like her. I think they all found someone that matched their personality.

Melissa has this thing in her eye that I don't trust, so she should be with Wendy. ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 16th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Tonight is the reunion special....who is going to watch?

Rocketta
Feb 16th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Tonight is the reunion special....who is going to watch?

me! :bounce: Me! :bounce: ME! :bounce:

brickhousesupporter
Feb 16th, 2005, 05:33 PM
me too. I hope they all light into Wendy's ass......she so deserves it.

Rocketta
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I want to know who Vanessa is telling that they felt sorry for and that they weren't a good designer? I'm thinking Starr? Which is a foul thing to say unless it's toward Wendy. :devil:

I can't wait to find out who is the person who walks out? and what is said that makes Heidi gasp and cover her mouth with her cue card? :lol:

PaulieM
Feb 16th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Bring on the bitch fest :bounce: :yippee:

Rocketta
Feb 17th, 2005, 03:54 PM
omg, the bitchiness was great! I can't wait for Kara Saun and Wendy to go at it. :bounce:

Thank God Wendy dyed her hair. ;)

Also, I knew it wasn't Wendy that ran out. To give Wendy some credit she handled the negativity thrown her way and stayed and faced the firing squad.

Now, I forgot how much I didn't like Vanessa until last night. I think she might like the drink too much and if she dogged the show she was just wrong.....she only did it because she got cut early.

Mrs. Peel
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Are we being set up, as with most reality tv shows, only to see the dreaded Wendy win? :lol: :tape:

Vanessa just looked so bitter and sour last night. Jay reamed her good. Still no idea of who drew the stache on Wendy's daughter! oh well....Austin was right, it was low for sure, but not worth further discussion as everyone hates Wendy anyway! :lol:

I still can't stand Heidi Klum. Robert can still come over..........:p

I just want to know who won!!! :mad:

Rocketta
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:25 PM
I think they know if Wendy wins no one will have the motivation to watch that show ever again......at least I won't. ;)

Heidi is wearing on me......she has improved leaps and bounds since the show began. :eek:

PaulieM
Feb 17th, 2005, 06:01 PM
yeah it was funny to watch. wendy's hair looks much better but i still hate her. if she wins i'm done with this show for good. i also remembered why i didn't like vanessa she's stupid. and that whole sewing thing was her fault, too bad if it's hurting her business. the only thing she said that i liked was that wendy probably drew on the picture herself :lol: alexandra needs to cool it on the botox or whatever she was doing, her face was creeping me out last night. I love kara saun but they make her out to be all preachy, and now i feel like there has to be something to surprise us and shatter that angelic image, i really hope not though. i'm starting to feel like jay might win but i hope not. i like him, but kara saun deserves it. anyone know how they are deciding which model gets the spread?

Paneru
Feb 17th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I was lovin' every minute! :lol:

I loved when they all let Wendy just have it,
Vanessa stromed off, making fun of psycho-model,
the impersonations(especially the heidi one's :lol:)
, and Austin Scarlett being only as he can! :lol:

I was hoping someone would fess up to
messing up Wendy's pic of her daughter! :devil:

Can't wait for the finally!

I want Kara Saun to win but wouldn't
be upset if Jay won it.

PaulieM
Feb 24th, 2005, 02:21 AM
*bump*

PaulieM
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:11 AM
OMG I'm getting scared, kara saun is gonna lose :sad: it's gonna be jay because they won't let her win and then have everyone make a big deal about how it was unfair because of the whole shoe thing. :unsure: :bigcry: :help:

Jarrett
Feb 24th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Oy, Kara lost. :sad: Oh well. Jay was my other favorite throughout the competition so I am still happy for him. Wendy was 3rd, OF COURSE! I knew Kara wasn't going to win after they started to dig that her stuff was Gucci-like.

PaulieM
Feb 24th, 2005, 04:34 AM
I'm so pissed about this. she totally deserved to win, her stuff was beautiful. jay's stuff was cool but i hated how each of his outfits was one color. like michael kors said, dyed to match. ARGH!! if there's a second season i'm boycotting it. :sad: :mad:

Monique
Feb 24th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Jay won because he was more daring and innovative than Kara Saun... her collection looked fabulous, and every dress a perfect trim to the smallest detail, but I think that in the end, they had to award Jay for having a more abrasive and streetwise use of modern colours and rugged fabrics... the thing that amazed me about Kara Saun is that she made it look like she spent 5 times more than everybody else, even though they all had the same budget... Wendy sure showed her limitations, but I have the feeling she would be happy with a high-end sewing position in the industry which she might be able to do...

The show was a great success for BRAVO, has been getting raving reviews, but took a little of a hit when Austin got eliminated basically for the sake of keeping Wendy and the animosity drama in... Austin did get to show his collection in the runway anyway and it's said to be very busy designing for a few Hollywood celebrities... :)

Jarrett
Feb 24th, 2005, 04:43 AM
I felt bad for Melissa not getting the spread. She was my favorite of the models. When I saw her in the outfit, my mouth hit the ground and tounge rolled out.

UDiTY
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Jay definitely deserved to win. Kara was the most consistent, but Jay definitely has more potential and more creative spirit.

Kara Saun definitly rubbed me the wrong way this episode, we know ya hate Wendy but gosh she is mean to the girl. And Kara did bend the rules to get ahead in the competition which is what she got mad at Wendy for.

What was soo bad about Wendy?!? I mean besides speaking up about the two leaders. She had her back against the wall alot, and everyone hated her, that can be hard to take...I felt bad for her.

And I agree with Jarrett....Melissa is an amazing model, definitly the one with the most personality and one of the best looking ones. But she's only 16, she'll be successful.:yeah:

the jamierbelyea
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Jay definitley deserved to win. Kara Saun was way too Gucci, and although her collection was great, it doesn't change the fact that it was very well Gucci.

I think Jay was just as consistant as Kara, he just never won as well. :)

Rocketta
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:50 AM
I'm sorry Jay's was interesting to look at but who wants to wear it? I'm happy he won as he is creative but Kara's line was awesome. I actually saw a lot of her earlier work in the show on the runway.

Wendy was just a mess.

Kara told it like it is.....she's not fake I don't like you Wendy so why should I pretend. They wouldn't have argued if Wendy hadn't started it...."Why don't you like me" :bigcry: :rolleyes:

I think Kara Saun lost based on the shoes....pure and simple. She took a gamble and she lost but in noway was it the backstabbing that Wendy did on the show. Kara didn't come to the show and lie and say she paid for the shoes. She told the truth. Wendy would've shown up with a invoice and her lie already plotted out. Then when caught she would've :bigcry:

the jamierbelyea
Feb 24th, 2005, 06:18 AM
I'm sorry Jay's was interesting to look at but who wants to wear it? I'm happy he won as he is creative but Kara's line was awesome. I actually saw a lot of her earlier work in the show on the runway.

Wendy was just a mess.

Kara told it like it is.....she's not fake I don't like you Wendy so why should I pretend. They wouldn't have argued if Wendy hadn't started it...."Why don't you like me" :bigcry: :rolleyes:

I think Kara Saun lost based on the shoes....pure and simple. She took a gamble and she lost but in noway was it the backstabbing that Wendy did on the show. Kara didn't come to the show and lie and say she paid for the shoes. She told the truth. Wendy would've shown up with a invoice and her lie already plotted out. Then when caught she would've :bigcry:

I actually think Jay's line was more "wearable" then Kara's. Like Parker Posey said her line was very glamarous and could be a red carpet thing. I just didn't think there were enough looks in her collection that weren't ritzy.

I would have been happy with either of them though . :)

Mrs. Peel
Feb 24th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Wendy's clothes :unsure::o :yawn: :tape:

Mrs. Peel
Feb 24th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Jay's clothes are powerful and exciting..I must say I like them a little better than Kara Saun's..even though she was sublime! Jay's just made an impact for me.

As JWF said, I would have been happy for either of them. They have been my two faves all along.

tennisjunky
Feb 24th, 2005, 08:09 AM
happy for jay, but one person really came away a star from the show and it was kara saun. if you were to ask any of the women which designer they wanted to design them clothing, hands down they would all say kara. during the last episode her bitchiness made it easy not to feel bad for her lossing. personality wise jay was the one i think people were rooting for, but based soley on the quality of the designs kara is in a league of her own, jay couldn't touch her in his dreams.

each week after the episode airs the clothes are auctioned off for charity. tv guide had a listing of what some people were willing to pay:
Wendy's pochontas outfight went for $150.00
Austin's bathing suit went for $304.00
Jay's biker chic outfit was the second highest one listed and went for $465.00
Kara Saun's outfit raised the most money (no surprise) and went for $960.00

congrats to Jay for winning

brickhousesupporter
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I am sorry to say this, but I think that Jay won by default. After the whole shoe fiasco there was no way that Kara Saun was going to win, because there would be the cload about whether or not she cheated etc. This show was really a 2 person race and with one of them coming up limp it was obvious who the winner would be. I really think that Kara might have been a favortie to win, but the producers and people with money invested in the show could not allow a suspicious win to deter viewers from watching the upcoming series. I am really happy that Jay won, and it would have been a well deserved win had there not been the whole shoe fiasco.

Rocketta
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Brickhouse I agree it came down to the shoes! I don't think Kara will be just fine because she showcased her talent to the max. Like I said earlier during the Banana Republic challenge finally realized he was as talented as anyone and will go on to do great things.

I will say I loved loved loved Jay's quilted jacket.

Damn, Wendy's collection was just horrid.

Kara did show her bitchy side good for her........Jay showed his wishy washy side, ie he talks a good game in the interview room but when confronted 9/10 he sugar coats it.

I thought it was funny how nice Wendy's mom was it really through Jay and Kara off. :lol:

However, I'm very much like Kara if I don't like you I'm not going to be mean by making snide comments about you while you're in the room but I'm not going to talk to you either unless I have to.

the jamierbelyea
Feb 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Brickhouse I agree it came down to the shoes! I don't think Kara will be just fine because she showcased her talent to the max. Like I said earlier during the Banana Republic challenge finally realized he was as talented as anyone and will go on to do great things.

I will say I loved loved loved Jay's quilted jacket.

Damn, Wendy's collection was just horrid.

Kara did show her bitchy side good for her........Jay showed his wishy washy side, ie he talks a good game in the interview room but when confronted 9/10 he sugar coats it.

I thought it was funny how nice Wendy's mom was it really through Jay and Kara off. :lol:

However, I'm very much like Kara if I don't like you I'm not going to be mean by making snide comments about you while you're in the room but I'm not going to talk to you either unless I have to.

I just think there's a better way to act , a more realistic way , when you have to live in the same room with someone. There's a way to be cordial just so you can live in the same house as someone. I just thought that since they lived together it was sort of you have to talk to Wendy situation.

Rocketta
Feb 24th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I just think there's a better way to act , a more realistic way , when you have to live in the same room with someone. There's a way to be cordial just so you can live in the same house as someone. I just thought that since they lived together it was sort of you have to talk to Wendy situation.

not talking is cordial when you feel that you can't be nice to a person. Would it had been better if Kara talked to Wendy and always had nothing but disdain in her voice and sarcastic comments? Of course not, so you say nothing. Why exactly did Wendy need Kara to talk to her anyway? They repeatedly told Wendy they were not playing a "game" so for her to show up and think oh they know I was just playing a game no hard feelings attitude is kind of funny.

You can't say things like, "All I want to do is beat Kara so I can look and wave at her in my rearview mirror." and think that person going to have anything for you the next time you see each other.

the jamierbelyea
Feb 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
not talking is cordial when you feel that you can't be nice to a person. Would it had been better if Kara talked to Wendy and always had nothing but disdain in her voice and sarcastic comments? Of course not, so you say nothing. Why exactly did Wendy need Kara to talk to her anyway? They repeatedly told Wendy they were not playing a "game" so for her to show up and think oh they know I was just playing a game no hard feelings attitude is kind of funny.

You can't say things like, "All I want to do is beat Kara so I can look and wave at her in my rearview mirror." and think that person going to have anything for you the next time you see each other.

I just felt they were both acting vering cartoonish the entire episode. I think there was a better way of acting then what both of them displayed. I think they are both at fault.

Rocketta
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I just felt they were both acting vering cartoonish the entire episode. I think there was a better way of acting then what both of them displayed. I think they are both at fault.

Sure, Kara Saun could've been the bigger person and treated Wendy with open arms. Wendy could've shown up and apologized or at least not tried to be antagonistic. However, they didn't. I don't think it was cartoonish in the sense that I've seen that behavior happen more than once in a work environment. Actually I saw the behavior as typical.

PaulieM
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I am sorry to say this, but I think that Jay won by default. After the whole shoe fiasco there was no way that Kara Saun was going to win, because there would be the cload about whether or not she cheated etc. This show was really a 2 person race and with one of them coming up limp it was obvious who the winner would be. I really think that Kara might have been a favortie to win, but the producers and people with money invested in the show could not allow a suspicious win to deter viewers from watching the upcoming series. I am really happy that Jay won, and it would have been a well deserved win had there not been the whole shoe fiasco.
i totally agree about kara and the shoe thing. she deserved to win, her collection was awesome. sure jay's was cool and creative but being a fashion designer is about creating amazingly beautiful clothes that people would dream of wearing. in that department kara was definitely the winner. better jay than wendy is all i can say.

Rocketta
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:45 PM
i totally agree about kara and the shoe thing. she deserved to win, her collection was awesome. sure jay's was cool and creative but being a fashion designer is about creating amazingly beautiful clothes that people would dream of wearing. in that department kara was definitely the winner. better jay than wendy is all i can say.

When Tim went to visit Wendy at her home and I saw some of her designs I knew she wasn't winning.....and I breathed a sigh of relief. ;)

Rocketta
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:48 PM
I also thought it very interesting that none of the finalist had formal training or did Jay have some formal training?

tennisjunky
Feb 24th, 2005, 07:03 PM
could someone post pics of their 12 piece collections, I'd love to see them again.

mishar
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I liked Kara Saun and I liked her designs during the show most of all, but her final line didn't really appeal to me.. All that Aviator stuff. Not my cup of tea.

But don't you think that she will have a big boost in her career also even though she lost, just because of the exposure of the show?

Rocketta
Feb 24th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I liked Kara Saun and I liked her designs during the show most of all, but her final line didn't really appeal to me.. All that Aviator stuff. Not my cup of tea.

But don't you think that she will have a big boost in her career also even though she lost, just because of the exposure of the show?

most definitely! Her career has officially begun. ;)