PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Julian
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:48 PM
This movie didnt get as many nominations as The Aviator, Finding Neverland, Million Dollar Baby or Sideways..but I heard that it was a VERY good movie. Im thinking of renting this but id like to know if anyone here has watched it and what you thought of it :)

j_dementieva27
Jan 28th, 2005, 12:38 AM
julian, it is the best movie of 2004... the only reason why it was not as heavily nominated as the other frontrunners was becasue it came out so long ago and when movies come out in the march time period, regardless of how ogod they are, they get overlooked since the other filmas are more fresh in the nominator's minds

i really hate jim carey, and i LOVED him in this movie... he really toned down his "LOOK AT ME!!!!" kind of motif about him that can be funny but is ultimately annoying... kate winslet is AMAZING as clementine and i think it is her best role of her career (and she is a great actress with some great roles)

the story is amazingly funny, heartbreaking, and will leave you in the utter state of ambivalence.... at the end you have to try and figure out whether to laugh your ass off or cry your eyes out for days (i did both lol)... the cinemetography is amazing as you travel through jim carey's mind and memories in such an original way that you will be left breathtaken... the supporting cast is pretty good and you really grow to love to hate elijah wood in this movie...

overall, if you (or anyone on this board) have not seen ESOTSM ... you really, really, REALLY need go rent it immediately... you will truly appreciate it as fine filmaking that has no bounds in emotional and acting strength and power...

it was overlooked by the oscars, but the most nominated oscar movies are not always the best (ESOTSM was the highest rated movie of the year and the most mentioned for awards and acting honors... with over 50 4 star reviews from papers)

all in all.... GO SEE IT NOW~!

martirogi
Jan 28th, 2005, 01:17 AM
i liked the movie. hate jim carey but liked him in the movie. kate winslet's character was the best. good supporting cast too.

Rohin.
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:07 AM
yeah great movie, freaky concept but good :)

ginger_fish668
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Fantastic movie! Charlie Kaufman's a genius! And I've never seen Jim Carrey so serious. Kate Winslet's amazing as well! Anyways I love this film! I like quirky movies.

ys
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Loved it..

decemberlove
Jan 28th, 2005, 06:51 AM
best movie of 2004.

tommyk75
Jan 28th, 2005, 07:57 AM
LOVED it, my favorite movie of 2004. Loved the story, Jim, Kate, and also Kirsten Durst as well, when she usually doesn't do much for me. I didn't care much for "Adaptation," and "Being John Malkovitch" was just okay, but here, the story isn't just bizarre and off-the-wall, it's actually got real heart, so it really got to me. I also really liked the song they play at the end: Beck's "Everybody's Gotta Love Sometime" (or something like that).

rand
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:29 AM
why does everyone keep bashing carrey, I mean I hate his face-movies as much as everyone else, but it's not the first time he gives us a magnificent performance, now is it? forgot the truman show? or man on the moon? :confused:

matthias
Jan 28th, 2005, 12:04 PM
i need to rent this movie too
but i donīt know the german name :(

rand
Jan 28th, 2005, 12:12 PM
it's not a movie you can watch dubbed! so anyway you have to find a version with the english title....

Majo
Jan 28th, 2005, 12:31 PM
i need to rent this movie too
but i donīt know the german name :(

"vergiss mein nicht" :)

Harju.
Jan 28th, 2005, 01:25 PM
the best movie of 2004 i've seen. oh and el would get to watch this too. :woohoo:

Majo
Jan 28th, 2005, 01:36 PM
the best movie of 2004 i've seen. oh and el would get to watch this too. :woohoo:

hmm? :p

Josh
Jan 28th, 2005, 01:59 PM
The title song of this movie from Beck is also great! :yeah:

ans
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:11 PM
why does everyone keep bashing carrey, I mean I hate his face-movies as much as everyone else, but it's not the first time he gives us a magnificent performance, now is it? forgot the truman show? or man on the moon? :confused:
yeah, he has made several good movies, but in those other supposed to be funny movies he's just:smash: :smash: .

btw, ESOTSM is definitely one of the best movies of 2004

decemberlove
Jan 28th, 2005, 09:31 PM
it's not a movie you can watch dubbed! so anyway you have to find a version with the english title....
people still watch dubbed movies?? :eek: whats wrong with subtitles?

i thought everybody used subtitles now...

Spunky83
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:02 PM
We just watched that movie in class at university and so far is has been the best one I have ever seen and discussed in class and trust me, there were a lot of other movies. Donīt really like the story that much, but the vivid colours, camera-shots, actors and the images are just great! Itīs absolutely worth watching...hint: Winsletīs hair-colour;)

Spunky83
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:05 PM

Yep, heīs a terrific actor...though I nearly fell asleep during his latest movie, Lemonys Snicketīs. Silberling really screwed that one up, Tim Burton should have made that one ;)

Lore
Jan 29th, 2005, 11:55 AM
This film is amazing, you should definitely rent it!! The actors play real good and touching, I think they play at their bests here. Especially Carrey and Winslet, they just make this movie. It's an incredible story about love and lost. It's one of the best movies of the year, if not the best :p It should have got a lot more nominations. Everybody should go and rent it! :hatoff:

Majo
Jan 29th, 2005, 12:06 PM
This film is amazing, you should definitely rent it!! The actors play real good and touching, I think they play at their bests here. Especially Carrey and Winslet, they just make this movie. It's an incredible story about love and lost. It's one of the best movies of the year, if not the best :p It should have got a lot more nominations. Everybody should go and rent it! :hatoff:

I'm downloading it :angel:

Harju.
Jan 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I'm downloading it :angel:
damnit. :p

dont show it to el please. im sending it to her. :sobbing:

Julian
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Wow..I guess Im going to definitely rent this then. :)

Majo
Jan 30th, 2005, 03:01 PM
damnit. :p

dont show it to el please. im sending it to her. :sobbing:

yeah she told me :)

I might watch it with her on dvd then, cause that's got subtitles... :angel: :p

rand
Jan 31st, 2005, 08:40 AM
people still watch dubbed movies?? :eek: whats wrong with subtitles?

i thought everybody used subtitles now...
I know, terrible isn't it? on the french speaking channels, an the german ones for example, subtitles are rare, most of the time they dub....I hate it....

manu
Mar 30th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I just watched it for the second time and it's just... absolutely awesome, impossible to describe! Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey are just FABULOUS in this movie, I haven't seen that many movies of these two, but I can surely believe people who're saying this is their best movie.

The story isn't that special I think, but just the atmosphere, the feeling of this film... It's really touching, especially the last scenes and music are just great! Maaaaan I want to see some more of this Charlie Kaufmann director :)

Mattographer
Mar 31st, 2005, 05:48 AM
I don't like the movie, actually. It's definitely overhyed! :rolleyes:

mandy7
Mar 31st, 2005, 05:48 AM
the movie was weird, but good