PDA

View Full Version : Missy's Road...who's to the curb?

spokenword73
Jan 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I missed it again(I was getting my hair braided:) ). Who got booted off?

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 27th, 2005, 07:59 PM
the cute thuggish white rapper

spokenword73
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:01 PM
too bad. he had gotten called on the carpet before.:o He was weak.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:03 PM
actually i thought he was one of the better ones his rap was on point for the mess dallas came up with.

Though i'm glad mellissa didnt go cause the girl can sing. She will be the winner cause seems like missy wants some of that vanilla lyte woowoo.

oh well

spokenword73
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I am thinking the Ruben Stoddard wannabe will be the winner.

harloo
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:16 PM
I am thinking the Ruben Stoddard wannabe will be the winner.
Awe leave Newben alone! He reminds me of a heavy set R Kelly. He has personality.

I actually don't know why Missy keeps Melissa on, the girl is hideous.

spokenword73
Jan 27th, 2005, 09:41 PM
:lol: Awe leave Newben alone! He reminds me of a heavy set R Kelly. He has personality.

I actually don't know why Missy keeps Melissa on, the girl is hideous.
:lol: :lol:

what about the gay-like black girl. she's talented. missy might pick her.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jan 27th, 2005, 10:45 PM
:lol:
:lol: :lol:

what about the gay-like black girl. she's talented. missy might pick her.

Shes too butch for missy missy likes 'em fem

spokenword73
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:28 PM
like Tweet? :lol:

harloo
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:44 PM
like Tweet? :lol:
the rumour was that she was with tweet, but it was because of the way they interacted in Tweet's, "oops oh my" video. But the real deal is that Missy and Trina had something going on.:eek:

Dana Marcy
Jan 27th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Forgive me yawl :angel: but could we just make one thread for Missy's show (instead of having a new one every week)? Frank was good the last 2 weeks but last night he sucked (sorry to his fans). If it was up to me Nick would've been kicked off just because he is CLEARLY the weakest of the bunch. I liked the group that did Sweet Home Alabama and the Lauryn Hill like sista with the two folks. They all did good. Frank, Nick and Wannabe Ciara stunk up the joint. :o

harloo
Jan 28th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Forgive me yawl :angel: but could we just make one thread for Missy's show (instead of having a new one every week)? Frank was good the last 2 weeks but last night he sucked (sorry to his fans). If it was up to me Nick would've been kicked off just because he is CLEARLY the weakest of the bunch. I liked the group that did Sweet Home Alabama and the Lauryn Hill like sista with the two folks. They all did good. Frank, Nick and Wannabe Ciara stunk up the joint. :o
Nic should be able to get an acting job once he get's booted off the show, because his impersonation of a rapper is outstanding. I cringed when the letters V-I-P came out of his mouth. That has to be one of the most used cliche, and Mopheaded Mona even questioned his use of the letters.

Dana, I thought you liked Nilyene? I just cannot get past the fact that she looks like the sister of Free from 106 & Park. What bothers me about her also is the fact that she is so sprung on Nic the Dic that she makes herself look silly. Nic ain't thinking about her either, but she continues to chase him like a little puppy dog. It grates my nerves every episode.

I really felt Jessica, Eddie, Newben, and Deltryice's performance. Jessica makes you feel her when she sings which is a rarity amongst artists these days. I am just a bit troubled that she is so hard, but maybe that's due to her struggle. I hope they soften her up a bit like they did Da Brat.

Bright Red
Jan 28th, 2005, 01:54 AM
I know this is off topic but I didn't want to just start a thread to ask the question. There's a new song on the radio that's just toooooooo good. And I think Missy Elliot (sp) is in it. I think the artist's name is Jazzie Fresh (sp). It goes something like " I wanna see you one two step" or something like that. I love the song and want to buy the album. It's the coolest song I've ever heard.

harloo
Jan 28th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I know this is off topic but I didn't want to just start a thread to ask the question. There's a new song on the radio that's just toooooooo good. And I think Missy Elliot (sp) is in it. I think the artist's name is Jazzie Fresh (sp). It goes something like " I wanna see you one two step" or something like that. I love the song and want to buy the album. It's the coolest song I've ever heard.
Ciara 1,2 Step . The album is pretty good.;)

Bright Red
Jan 28th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Ciara 1,2 Step . The album is pretty good.;)
Thanks harloo:wavey:

Dana Marcy
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:49 AM
Nic should be able to get an acting job once he get's booted off the show, because his impersonation of a rapper is outstanding. I cringed when the letters V-I-P came out of his mouth. That has to be one of the most used cliche, and Mopheaded Mona even questioned his use of the letters.

Dana, I thought you liked Nilyene? I just cannot get past the fact that she looks like the sister of Free from 106 & Park. What bothers me about her also is the fact that she is so sprung on Nic the Dic that she makes herself look silly. Nic ain't thinking about her either, but she continues to chase him like a little puppy dog. It grates my nerves every episode.

I really felt Jessica, Eddie, Newben, and Deltryice's performance. Jessica makes you feel her when she sings which is a rarity amongst artists these days. I am just a bit troubled that she is so hard, but maybe that's due to her struggle. I hope they soften her up a bit like they did Da Brat.

No that wasn't me. I have nothing against Ciara Wannabe but vocally she's just not up there with Jessica and Della Reese (I stole that from you). ;) And yes she is so sprung on Nick it's pathetic. Wasn't her improv rap about Nick? She was with Dallas and she said something like "I like him light skin and tall". :lol:

Don't forget yawl that there are 2 shows this week. Monday night at 9 and then the regular show on Wed at 8.

Dana Marcy
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:10 PM
Don't forget yawl that the show is on TONIGHT!! Who's getting kicked off the tour?

Dana Marcy
Feb 1st, 2005, 09:46 PM
??:Melissa was kicked off the tour! Seemed like a sweet girl but she never blew me away with her singing. Della Reese and Nilyne aren't Chaka and Patti but they didn't stop when JD's phone kept going off (that ring tone was obnoxious).

I love Akil! :D I could see him winning the whole thing.

Is anyone watching it right now?

Bigi Boi...:sad:

Della Reese...her poem is just :retard:

That was so sad with Big Boi getting the news about his relative. He is so sweet and I was shocked when he said he was a father of two.

And is the the girl that fancies herself as Lauren Hill a lesbian? She reminds me of a friend of a lesbian friend of mine...:D

:tape: And aren't you supposed to add "not that there's anything wrong with that"? :angel:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 1st, 2005, 09:48 PM
??:Melissa was kicked off the tour! Seemed like a sweet girl but she never blew me away with her singing. Della Reese and Nilyne aren't Chaka and Patti but they didn't stop when JD's phone kept going off (that ring tone was obnoxious).

I love Akil! :D I could see him winning the whole thing.

That was so sad with Big Boi getting the news about his relative. He is so sweet and I was shocked when he said he was a father of two.

:tape: And aren't you supposed to add "not that there's anything wrong with that"? :angel:
:tape:

Dana Marcy
Feb 1st, 2005, 09:55 PM
:tape:

HMaybe you'd think differently if Jessica dressed more like Erykah Badu or India Arie? :angel:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 1st, 2005, 09:59 PM
HMaybe you'd think differently if Jessica dressed more like Erykah Badu or India Arie? :angel:
Uhm...not that there's anything wrong with that? :scratch:

spokenword73
Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:01 AM
Big Boi is going to win, mark my words. It will come down to Akil and him. BTW, MIssy's show only got one star in the Star mag. They just hate it. Not that there is anything wrong with that:lol:

Isn't India-lite named Erica, not Jessica?:confused:

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Big Boi is going to win, mark my words. It will come down to Akil and him. BTW, MIssy's show only got one star in the Star mag. They just hate it. Not that there is anything wrong with that:lol:

Her name is Jessica and she's who I'm rooting for to win. :)

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/jessica.jpg

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
Favorite Things: Basketball, writing, singing
Other Activities: Singing, dancing, rapping
Formal Training: None
Three Words Describing Herself: Down to earth

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:00 PM
Here are pics of the remaining "wannabe artists" (that's what they call them on UPN's site):

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/akil.jpg

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/deltrice.jpg

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/eddie.jpg

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/marcus.jpg

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/matthew.jpg

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/nic.jpg

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/nilyne.jpg

spokenword73
Feb 2nd, 2005, 01:56 PM
thanks for the pics. Eddie is fine:worship:

Dana Marcy
Feb 2nd, 2005, 09:46 PM

I don't think Big Boi will win because although he can sing, he's not the best performer (not that much dynamic stage presence). In the final I think it will be Akil and Jessica the Lauryn Hill clone. Sorry but I got to say that I'm a little tired of all her pain to the point where it's become a cliche. :angel: I apologize yawl if I sound harsh but it just sounds like she's exploiting her tough upbringing. :angel:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:12 AM
Did ya'll hear Jessica call Della Reese her "baby" her "boo" :tape:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:13 AM
Does anyone else think Eddie is sexy as hell? :drool:

spokenword73
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:26 AM
[QUOTE=Cam'ron Giles]Does anyone else think Eddie is sexy as hell?
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

spokenword73
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:29 PM
OH NO! Did Marcus get the boot last night:wavey:
Eye candy Eddie is still around right?:confused:

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
OH NO! Did Marcus get the boot last night:wavey:
Eye candy Eddie is still around right?:confused:

Both Marcus and Nic got kicked out last night.

Eddie was fantastic last night and Jessica showed a chink in her armor. It was great bringing everybody back that was eliminated to be judges for the challenge and I'm glad that they were fair because some could've been bitter. I can't wait to see Madoona on the show.

spokenword73
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:33 PM
I'll have to watch the re-broadcast. I live in L.A. and by 10:00 pm, I was out like a light. :yawn: What was Jessica's chink? When is Madonna making her entrance? I can understand why they said bye-bye to Nic but what happened with Marcus?

Dana Marcy
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Last night's show was very entertaining. :bigclap: I was really surprised that Della Reese won but she brought her "A" game so good for her. I'm glad she cut both dudes last night because Nick was whack and Big Boi just showed his weakness as a performer (although he could sing). Next week's episode looks good because they have them performing as a group with choreography and everything. Go Akil and Eddie! :cool:

Bright Red
Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:32 PM
I'm going to have to start watching this show. It seems like it's good.

Hate to keep asking about songs, but this thread is somewhat related. Help me identify this one...

It sounds like Big Poppa is rapping and at the bridge of the song another guy starts singing, "It's official, you're the one, but you're already taken, oh why I can't help but feeling..." or something like that. I like this one as much as I like the Ciara one.

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I'm going to have to start watching this show. It seems like it's good.

Hate to keep asking about songs, but this thread is somewhat related. Help me identify this one...

It sounds like Big Poppa is rapping and at the bridge of the song another guy starts singing, "It's official, you're the one, but you're already taken, oh why I can't help but feeling..." or something like that. I like this one as much as I like the Ciara one.

Could it be Guerilla Black's "Youre The One"? Here's (http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=j0u813jzm33cngco7nj3d4v&r=20.asx) a snippet.

Update - I confimed that this is your song. Here are the lyrics (that's Mario Winans singing):

Artist: Guerilla Black
Album: Guerilla City
Title: You're the One

feat. Mario Winans

[Mario Winans]
Oh yeah, oh yeah! ohh baby
Oh ohh, oh ohh, oh baby, oh yeah..

[Verse - Guerilla Black]
I remember when I met you on Crenshaw
I almost crashed my truck, and spilled my Hen' dawg
Yes you, God blessed you, I was trying to get next to you
Your homegirls was hating, but I didn't care
You said you had a man, I was like "where?"
It was something so different about you
I felt so gifted around you
Even though you had a man and all
I took the chance to call, we held hands at the mall
That day was so special to me
Your man left you at Mickey D's
You called me, I scooped you up
I seen fear in your eyes, the tears in your eyes
He can't hug you like I hug you
Better yet love you like this thug do

[Chorus - Mario Winans]
You're so special, you're the one
But you're already ta-ken
Oh I can't help the way I'm feeling
You're the one, I wish I could replace him
Cause I know that baby you're the one

[Verse - Guerilla Black]
I'm having the time of my life
Felt the world on wheels, you and your homegirl got some skills
Nobody make me feel like you do
Or better yet real like you, I messed around and killed dude

harloo
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Awe hell naw!! My boy Eddie was sent packing. What the hell is Missy doing? I'm sorry Missy but you made a bad choice. Eddie is a tight rapper who is respectful and well mannered.

Nilyene should of wen't home, or that fake Matthew. Akil was in the spotlight also, but what was he doing there? The PC was stupid. I am so upset!! Eddie can flow!!

spokenword73
Feb 10th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Awe hell naw!! My boy Eddie was sent packing. What the hell is Missy doing? I'm sorry Missy but you made a bad choice. Eddie is a tight rapper who is respectful and well mannered.

Nilyene should of wen't home, or that fake Matthew. Akil was in the spotlight also, but what was he doing there? The PC was stupid. I am so upset!! Eddie can flow!!

Missy sucks...

Eddie will make it anyway, now that he has gotten national exposure, I feel he will get a record deal. I thought Della Reece or Matthew (with his bragggin' butt) should have been booted off. I think Nilyene just might win, especially if she has to do something treacherous:devil:

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:16 PM

I'm an Eddie fan and I was also surprised that Eddie got kicked off but I think he got enough exposure that he’ll be signed or be asked to rap on a popular mixed tape some time soon. I’m also confused by Eddie’s dismissal because Missy is a rapper and she can dance (via the help of a big group of dancers and some quick editing) but like Eddie, Missy is no singer. I guess it will either be a Jessica-Deltrice or Jessica-Akil final.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I'm an Eddie fan and I was also surprised that Eddie got kicked off but I think he got enough exposure that he’ll be signed or be asked to rap on a popular mixed tape some time soon. I’m also confused by Eddie’s dismissal because Missy is a rapper and she can dance (via the help of a big group of dancers and some quick editing) but like Eddie, Missy is no singer. I guess it will either be a Jessica-Deltrice or Jessica-Akil final.

Missy CAN sing...listen to her first album...:D

Bright Red
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Could it be Guerilla Black's "Youre The One"? Here's (http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=j0u813jzm33cngco7nj3d4v&r=20.asx) a snippet.

Update - I confimed that this is your song. Here are the lyrics (that's Mario Winans singing):

Artist: Guerilla Black
Album: Guerilla City
Title: You're the One

feat. Mario Winans

[Mario Winans]
Oh yeah, oh yeah! ohh baby
Oh ohh, oh ohh, oh baby, oh yeah..

[Verse - Guerilla Black]
I remember when I met you on Crenshaw
I almost crashed my truck, and spilled my Hen' dawg
Yes you, God blessed you, I was trying to get next to you
Your homegirls was hating, but I didn't care
You said you had a man, I was like "where?"
It was something so different about you
I felt so gifted around you
Even though you had a man and all
I took the chance to call, we held hands at the mall
That day was so special to me
Your man left you at Mickey D's
You called me, I scooped you up
I seen fear in your eyes, the tears in your eyes
He can't hug you like I hug you
Better yet love you like this thug do

[Chorus - Mario Winans]
You're so special, you're the one
But you're already ta-ken
Oh I can't help the way I'm feeling
You're the one, I wish I could replace him
Cause I know that baby you're the one

[Verse - Guerilla Black]
I'm having the time of my life
Felt the world on wheels, you and your homegirl got some skills
Nobody make me feel like you do
Or better yet real like you, I messed around and killed dude

Yes! Yes! Yes! That's it. :bounce: Thank you very much. (Man, I really butchered the words LOL).

The radio that plays this song never mentions the title or the artist. How are we supposed to buy the album, if we don't know who sings it, or don't have access to knowledge of the WTAWorld bulleting board:confused: :confused:

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Missy CAN sing...listen to her first album...:D

I just listened to "Best Friends" (her duet with Aaliyah) and Missy wasn't bad. She isn't on Queen Latifah's level but Missy can carry a tune. I stand corrected. :)

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! That's it. :bounce: Thank you very much. (Man, I really butchered the words LOL).

The radio that plays this song never mentions the title or the artist. How are we supposed to buy the album, if we don't know who sings it, or don't have access to knowledge of the WTAWorld bulleting board:confused: :confused:

It's a great song! I'm not a big hop hop fan but Guerilla Black's CD was one I liked a lot from last year.

Dana Marcy
Feb 11th, 2005, 12:34 AM

I feel you on that because based on general skills Eddie was the best rapper of the bunch. I didn't like Missy and her crew rolling up on Nilyne like that because it was obviously done to cause drama which was dumb because there wasn't any real drama there in the first place. :rolleyes: Well, I guess Floetry 2 (Jessica and Della Reese) will be in the final now. :shrug:

spokenword73
Feb 11th, 2005, 01:13 AM
I feel you on that because based on general skills Eddie was the best rapper of the bunch. I didn't like Missy and her crew rolling up on Nilyne like that because it was obviously done to cause drama which was dumb because there wasn't any real drama there in the first place. :rolleyes: Well, I guess Floetry 2 (Jessica and Della Reese) will be in the final now. :shrug:

della reese is the weakest...she should get the spotlight...madonna is on next week.:wavey:

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 11th, 2005, 01:58 AM
You must be joking?

Jesse sounds like stank. While deltrice has a soulful voice and the lyrical skills to back it up. Meanwhile, Jess can barely put a coherent sentence together.

spokenword73
Feb 11th, 2005, 03:22 AM
You must be joking?

Jesse sounds like stank. While deltrice has a soulful voice and the lyrical skills to back it up. Meanwhile, Jess can barely put a coherent sentence together.

Jesse and Della Reese don't have a personality between the two of them.
Nilyne is a star, in my view. But Missy has already hated on her so Nilyne is probably ass out.

harloo
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:02 AM

Double E was the best MC, but somehow I had a feeling he was marked. I just did not expect it to come so soon.

Missy was wrong calling out Nilyne like that in front of everyone. She was like, "Nic is gone, welcome Eddie" when they were sitting on the love seat together and it was totally uncalled for. I will forgive Miss E for that because she was most likely drunk. However, I don't know if I will forgive her for getting rid of Eddie.

What male rapper is the triple threat these days? You will never see Jay Z, or 50 cent dancing like a fly girl. :lol:

harloo
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:08 AM
You must be joking?

I do agree that Young Jess has whack lyrics, but the vocals are tight. What bothers me about her is that she gets by on her voice alone. In all of the challenges she doesn't take the song writing seriously, and she is cocky.

Deltrice has really suprised me. When Missy came into their suite she was impressed that Deltrice was working on the track she was given. Everyone else was chilling like nothing was going on. I have to say that she can come up with songs off the top of her head and they don't sound cheesy either.

CanadianBoy21
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Missy is great. She has transformed herself immensily into a really outstanding women and singer, etc...
Plus she always shows love to Aaliyah.

harloo
Feb 11th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Missy is great. She has transformed herself immensily into a really outstanding women and singer, etc...

we know this canadianboy. No need to defend Miss E.;)

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:30 AM
No doubt Jessica and Deltrice is fucking...:tape:

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 14th, 2005, 12:21 PM
...madonna is on next week.:wavey:

In the preview, Madonna says to Mona Scott "say hi to Missy" so I take it then that her apperance is on par with Jermaine Dupri's where they guest star but Missy is not there. I know Missy is friends with JD but it's a good indication of Missy's clout that Madonna would appear on her show. :)

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 14th, 2005, 12:22 PM

Singer? I'm not fully convinced that Missy is a valid singer until she releases an all-singing album. :angel:

Dana Marcy
Feb 14th, 2005, 10:38 PM
What male rapper is the triple threat these days? You will never see Jay Z, or 50 cent dancing like a fly girl. :lol:

:lol: They're not Hammer. :tape:

spokenword73
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Akil is :wavey:
I can't believe Mathew is still around.:eek:
Missy must be saving him for the crossover audience
I guess next week one of the sistas will have to go:o

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 17th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Akil is :wavey:
I can't believe Mathew is still around.:eek:
Missy must be saving him for the crossover audience
I guess next week one of the sistas will have to go:o

Akil (and Jessica) are my favorites. I thought I'd be really disappointed when Akil was eliminated but last night I thought it was his time to go. Like harloo said, Akil's vibe is not right for what Missy is looking for. Akil is obviously quite talented and I hope he gets "discovered' as a result of being on this show.

I have this gut feeling that Nilyne will win this competition. She's more contemporary than Jessica and Deltrice.

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Those outfits where...:haha:

spokenword73
Feb 17th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Akil (and Jessica) are my favorites. I thought I'd be really disappointed when Akil was eliminated but last night I thought it was his time to go. Like harloo said, Akil's vibe is not right for what Missy is looking for. Akil is obviously quite talented and I hope he gets "discovered' as a result of being on this show.

I have this gut feeling that Nilyne will win this competition. She's more contemporary than Jessica and Deltrice.

I hope Nilyne wins.
As irritating as she is, I think she is the best performer.:worship:

harloo
Feb 17th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Akil was not confident enough. Alot of your success in the industry is about believing that you are a star. Matthew is whack vocally, but he was convincing in front of Missy. When Missy asked Akil why did he think he should stay over Matthew, Akil wen't soft. He said, "that's not my style" but what he should of did was point out his strengths compared to Matthew instead of being a nice guy.

I kind of felt bad for Akil, but honestly he would be better underground. Like Bahamadia, I don't know if the industry is ready for someone of his versatility and style. I do hope he puts out an album because I would like to hear what he has to say.

Now I just wish Deltrice could win. However she must not get caught up with Jessica's game. Young Jess is trying to control DellaReese because she knows that she is the main competition.

I cannot stand that no-singing Nilyene. She is very confident, but she can't sing. Last night, she was simply awful. And Tina Marie always seem to defend her horrible performances.

Matthew seems to have a problem with nudity and dancing. Noticed he only had a problem with the male strippers, and felt the need to comment on them. I don't know but he seems a little, well, you can figure it out.

I loved Young Jess last night, but for some reason I don't wan't her to win. Again, her lyrical content is either about Chicago, or how she needs some money. I mean it's tired.

spokenword73
Feb 17th, 2005, 05:49 PM
unfortunatley there are lots of folks today who are confident but can't sing. Like Alicia Keyes.:lol: They can work miracles in the studio though.

Jericho
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:41 PM
unfortunatley there are lots of folks today who are confident but can't sing. Like Alicia Keyes.:lol: They can work miracles in the studio though.

wtf are you talking about :tape:

Dana Marcy
Feb 18th, 2005, 12:01 AM
I loved Young Jess last night, but for some reason I don't wan't her to win. Again, her lyrical content is either about Chicago, or how she needs some money. I mean it's tired.

:haha: This is exactly what I meant when I called Jessica a cliche a couple of weeks ago. However, I think she's gonna win because she's the only one I could visualize Missy being proud to introduce to the public as her protege. It's hard to say who's the best performer but I'm glad they showed in the preview for next week that they're gonna perform for an audience (other than Missy and the judges). Oh it was good to see Missy's dancers in action. They actually have talent as far as video dancers go (I thought they were just hangers-on :angel: )

And Akil is such a sweet soul. I wish him all the best. :)

spokenword73
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:38 AM
wtf are you talking about :tape:

can you read?

I said Alicia Keyes is confident, BUT SHE CAN'T SING. Don't worry she is one of many.

Jericho
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:42 AM
can you read?

I said Alicia Keyes is confident, BUT SHE CAN'T SING. Don't worry she is one of many.

the question is can you hear? ;)

spokenword73
Feb 18th, 2005, 01:45 AM
the question is can you hear? ;)

quite well. unfortunately I had to listen to AK screech last year at Irvine Meadows. It was AK, Missy and Beyonce. AK was the weakest, imo. Like I said before they work magic in the studio.

Dana Marcy
Feb 19th, 2005, 05:20 PM
quite well. unfortunately I had to listen to AK screech last year at Irvine Meadows. It was AK, Missy and Beyonce. AK was the weakest, imo. Like I said before they work magic in the studio.

You obviously didn't see AK on the Grammys last week? She tore it up! :D It's all good that you don't like her voice. A lot of people love Beyonce but I think her voice is ugly.

CanadianBoy21
Feb 19th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I think Beyonce's voice is ugly too. She 'schreches' too much, it sounds like someone is rubbing metal against metal together or knives together, and really long and slow. It would be good to implement for those on a death sentence.
But in the studio it turns out fine.
Alicia Keys yells too much. She puts emotion into it, but it is just bellowing out of the depths of her. Sounds bad in my opinion.
There is no need to over sing.

spokenword73
Feb 19th, 2005, 08:56 PM
AK tries to "gospelize" every song. It ain't workin...
as for Beyonce, she is no Fantasia or Mary J,
but she can carry a tune in a paper bag.

Jericho
Feb 20th, 2005, 01:01 AM
You obviously didn't see AK on the Grammys last week? She tore it up! :D

she sure did ;)

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 24th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Nilyne was the weakest all around and was the right choice to go last night. I still think she has a lot of charisma and can see her doing something in music and/or TV in the next year or so.

I was really impressed with Matthew last night. That was the first time I really liked him and like Mona said "he sang the hell out of the song". Jessica, unfortunately, is getting on my nerves. :o There's something sanctimonious about her.

Who is Brianna (Missy's protege)? I haven't heard any mention of her in the trades or on online music sites. :confused:

TimBo
Feb 24th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Ive only seen the show a couple of times.. I do like it but I just forget the times it comes on TV. But, for the faithful watchers, I do have a question. Why are there always 3-4 women with Missy all the freakin time? Are they working with her? Are they part of the show? The 2-3 shows that ive watched, they didnt even talk, just stood there following Missy.

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 24th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Ive only seen the show a couple of times.. I do like it but I just forget the times it comes on TV. But, for the faithful watchers, I do have a question. Why are there always 3-4 women with Missy all the freakin time? Are they working with her? Are they part of the show? The 2-3 shows that ive watched, they didnt even talk, just stood there following Missy.

They're on every week during the elimination ceremony. They are Missy's dancers (they were shown in action in the Madonna episode). Their names are Holly, Eboni and Oth'than but I don't know who's who. :o

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 24th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I keep telling y'all...Deltrice and Jessica...:tape:

BK4ever
Feb 24th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I keep telling y'all...Deltrice and Jessica...:tape:

OMG I saw the show last night for the first time and when I saw those two interact...the first thing I blurted out was...are they :taped: Hmmm

harloo
Feb 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Young Jess is trying to get with Della Reese. Did anyone notice when Jess was performing her song they kept flashing it on her female friend? I mean it looked like Jess was dedicating the song to her. LOL. I also thought the other stud was a bit creepy looking.

I really think Bucky should of been eliminated along time ago, but he was the best last night.

I LMAO when Tina Marie questioned Jessica's lyrics about not being your average ho. That was hilarious.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Someone needs to kick this SHOW to the curb. Thank god the ratings are woefully low... even by UPN standards :lol: :wavey:

Dana Marcy
Feb 24th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Young Jess is trying to get with Della Reese. Did anyone notice when Jess was performing her song they kept flashing it on her female friend? I mean it looked like Jess was dedicating the song to her. LOL. I also thought the other stud was a bit creepy looking.

Which one of Jess's friends do you think was her girlfriend? :angel: ;)

Her drama with Nilyne could've been juicy but there probably wasn't enough time and they had edit it all to bits. :(

I really think Bucky should of been eliminated along time ago, but he was the best last night.

He really brought it last night. I was surprised and how verstaile his voice was. Good for him. :)

I LMAO when Tina Marie questioned Jessica's lyrics about not being your average ho. That was hilarious.

Yeah that was funny. A cute moment from Lady Tee. :)

Hot 92 Jamz
Feb 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Next week the finale is at 9:00.

More info here (http://www.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/)

Hot 92 Jamz
Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Next week the finale is at 9:00.

More info here (http://www.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/)

Bump!

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/deltrice.jpg

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/jessica.jpg

http://wwwimage.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/images/contestants/background/matthew.jpg

Dana Marcy
Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:21 PM
And the winner is...

(Remember this is MISSY's show :angel: )

Hot 92 Jamz
Mar 3rd, 2005, 12:49 PM
Yep, Jessica won. If you want to chat with her today, go here (http://www.upn.com/shows/missy_elliott/). Go to the Clean & Clear link at the bottom left.