PDA

View Full Version : Does Elena has less confidence??

elena4vrishu
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Hallo guys,
I think Elena is a little bit less-confident.That's the big reason why she loses matches.In fact,she has a very good game,but as we saw in French Open followed by American Open,she was looking too nervous & lost the matches.
I really wanna see her kissing that cup of victory(in grand-slams).I really like her too much.
My best wishes are always with her.
Thanx... :cool:

Dementinator
Jan 27th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I think Elenas confidence is growing ,and she will have less problems with nerves ,having made two GS finals and beaten many top players she knows she has the game to do it ,she just needs to stay focused and play her game.

Prizeidiot
Jan 28th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Probably not... she would have more now than ever before I think

stefan_jonas
Jan 28th, 2005, 08:38 AM
I reckon now being a top 10 player, she feels a bit of pressure on her in winning matches.

Paco
Jan 28th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Maybe but I think that her confidence is growing

Mathijs
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:53 AM
nahh she doesn't have a lower confidence after losing ag. Patty, she's positive, so i don't think she'll have less confidence......

Prizeidiot
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Oh, right... by the way, welcome. Didn't notice you only had 2 posts thus far :p

Griswold_cn
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:00 AM
but i thk less confidence on her serve than return it

maybe she need more time on it

DEETHELICK
Jan 29th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Nope. If anything last year proved to Elena that she BELONGS in the upper echelons of the game.

She has definitely become more confident in her game and her ability to close out matches generally. Much more improvement than last year. She defeated Maria, Venus, Patty and Daniela this year already. Very good IMO.

She'll only get better. :)

Ronaldo777
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:18 PM
yeah.if she improves her serve she will be super confident.i think she is confident at the moment.especially after 2005.notice after points she will often smile.she is very comfortable and confident right now

Paco
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:46 PM
She is much more confident now than it was 3-4 years ago

Alenyaa
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:38 AM
She might indeed be more confident than ever before, and if she just keeps up her current game, I think it might even improve a little more.
But sometimes it seems like she loses her confidence during matches. I mean,take the match versus Patty, ussualy Lena is very strong and consistent in rally's, but that day she really had trouble with it, didn't she? I really do think that was her confidence fading there. Unfortunately that might be an aspect of her game which is going to be very hard to change, I guess that is just part of her nature.
If she would improve her service, which she undoubtedly will in time, I aslo see her top the rankings in the near future. And even if she doesn't improve it she might get pretty close, I think. :)

itzhak
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:08 AM
she admited that she has some psychological problems- she said several times that her serve is good in practice but she can't bring it to the game.

Ronaldo777
Jan 31st, 2005, 08:04 PM
what was the serve like in austrailia compared to 2004

Paco
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:11 PM
what was the serve like in austrailia compared to 2004

It wasnt bad but it wasn't also good.

Ronaldo777
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:50 PM
was it better than 2004.i heard it improved.especiall in hk

miffedmax
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:27 PM
I think Lena's "confidence" problems tend to show up when she's beaten down physically. Her losses tend to come after big, long matches like her epic duels with Momo at RG and JCap at USO or DH at OZ.

She needs to learn that whole mind over matter thing. Masha, Serena, both Martinas, all have it. Lena doesn't. Nastya has it every other tournament.

I hope the bizarre first round exits are a thing of the past, though.

Max

DEETHELICK
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:42 PM
I think 1st round exits are being weeded out. Elena is more aware on court these days and seems to pull her shit together when it counts. Barring the loss against patty which was inexplicable, Elena has won tough matches and easy ones too.

The year has only just begun and I think Elena is focused on making a better jump in 2005. She reached No. 4 last year with a very good game. this year, I think her game will improve even more. :)

miffedmax
Feb 1st, 2005, 01:56 PM
Deethelick, I don't think the loss to Patty was inexplicable. She'd just played a tough three-setter against a resurgent Hantuchova and heat has always been an achilles heel for Lena. As a #12 seed, Schynder had to be considered a legit threat to make the quarters. Lena just ran out of gas. But she does need to learn how to close those matches out.

Max

Elena2005
Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:26 AM
Nope. If anything last year proved to Elena that she BELONGS in the upper echelons of the game.

She has definitely become more confident in her game and her ability to close out matches generally. Much more improvement than last year. She defeated Maria, Venus, Patty and Daniela this year already. Very good IMO.

She'll only get better. :)

:yeah:

Mathijs
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
was it better than 2004.i heard it improved.especiall in hkIMO it is better then in 2004, she has improved her serve alot, she just needs to find out how to "play" with it....

Paco, it wasn't so bad at the AO, i saw some serves from Lena that were :eek: :eek: and :yeah: so it wasn't so bad after all ;)

cerbero
Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:09 AM
I agree with Max, Patty is a difficult player to beat for any player and in certain conditions like these she can beat Lena

cerbero
Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:14 AM
I agree with Max, Patty is a difficult player to beat for any player and in certain conditions like these she can beat Lena but she'll have to prove something this year

DEETHELICK
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:00 PM
Elena stated the heat wasn't the problem, nor was her play. She was hitting the ball well in that match. What happened (as I found out after reading her radio interview) was that she lost concentration. That at least provides a reason.

She made the mistake of assuming too quickly that she'd closed it out. Better she learnt this in the early part of the year rather than somewhere more close to Elena's heart like RG, where points and matches can be long and tough. She needs to hang in there and she will :)

Her quotes after her match against Morigami said it all about Elena's confidence. She knew she could win, she didn't panic, she concentrated on building her rythmn and voila :)

elena4vrishu
Feb 15th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Hallo all,
Thanx 2 u all 4 replying me.U all r great(but not more than Elena.ok?)

Paco
Feb 15th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Hallo all,
Thanx 2 u all 4 replying me.U all r great(but not more than Elena.ok?)

You like me less than Lena :sad: Why???

(Don't take it seriously - I'm joking. ;) )

stefan_jonas
Feb 16th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Paco we all love you ;)

Paco
Feb 16th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Paco we all love you ;)

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
Free drinks for everybody (don't be afreid it's not special :p)

Alenyaa
Feb 17th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Muahahahahaha! :devil:

Elena2005
Feb 18th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Haha, Thanks Paco.