PDA

View Full Version : Best winning reactions...

joaco
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:24 PM
What are the best winning reactions for you? Gotta say that I thought Lindsay's reaction to winning yesterday was absolutely marvellous:lol: . Gotta love that girl, I mean she just won a gruelling 2.30 h 9-7 in the third match with a volley winner and she reacts that way! lol:worship:

Anyway, I really liked Steffi's reaction in the RG 99 final against Martina. That jumping just showed everything. I also liked Lindsay's reaction when she beat Steffi in the 99 Wimby final, she just bursted out into tears.

Joaco

DEETHELICK
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Venus jumping after winning Wimbledon.

Maria after winning Wimbledon.

Jennifer after winning the Australian Open 2002 (amazing!)

Elena D after defeating Amelie in RG 2004 and Sveta at Moscow 2004

Chunchun
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Lena d. Mauresmo RG 04 Qf - with a :eek: scream

joaco
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Ohh, I also loved Jennifer's reaction when she won the Aussie Open in 2001:D

Chunchun
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Elena D after defeating Amelie in RG 2004 and Sveta at Moscow 2004

oop i forget how is that one defeating Sveta :p

DEETHELICK
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Elena was fired up for that match against Sveta. Elena was 100% healthy for this match and served so well.

When she won, she threw her racket up in the air and screamed so loud with her fists pumped. I remember she said 'perfect' in Russian to her support camp.

Great reaction and reminded me Elena did have a tigress in her too :)

korben
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Andrew Ilie shirt-ripping celebrations. :D

Now why don´t any of the ladies ever do that ? :sad: ;)

CanIGetAWhat
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Venus winning Wimbledon.

http://members.fortunecity.com/infinitiqx4/43490890.jpghttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/2000/wimbledon/news/2000/07/08/williams_triumph_ap/lg_venus_ap_01.jpg

DEETHELICK
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:46 PM
It has been so long since I've seen Venus that pumped. :(

Her individual joy was great to watch, she just looked SO happy. Nowadays, Venus seems too reserved, I saw the odd fist pump against Molik, but not enough emotion.

Venus needs to get that somethin somethin back. I think that will definitely get her through some tight matches. A bit more extra fire and inner belief.

thelittlestelf
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Venus winning Wimbledon.

http://members.fortunecity.com/infinitiqx4/43490890.jpghttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/2000/wimbledon/news/2000/07/08/williams_triumph_ap/lg_venus_ap_01.jpg
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Lindsay winning Wimbledon was SO awesome too. :hearts:

stijntje
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Justine after winning the US Open semi-final clash against Capriati...

It was great! ;)

thelittlestelf
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:27 PM

Her individual joy was great to watch, she just looked SO happy. Nowadays, Venus seems too reserved, I saw the odd fist pump against Molik, but not enough emotion.

Venus needs to get that somethin somethin back. I think that will definitely get her through some tight matches. A bit more extra fire and inner belief.
Believe me, when Venus wins her next major, we will get SOME memorable reaction! I guarantee it :) .

volta
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:34 PM

yeap she never gets 2 emotion in the matches i just remember one time in the YEC when she was forced to ret. against Kim she was in tears and it was nice to see Richard picking her and take her out of there :worship:

serenafan08
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM
When Serena won the US Open in '99, her reaction was priceless. With that win, she became the first African American tennis player to win a Grand Slam since Authur Ashe and the first African American woman since Althea Gibson - and she knew it. She said she didn't know if she should laugh, cry, scream - so she did all three! It was classic.

Becool
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I agree! US Open 99 was absolutely wonderful :)

jonny84
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Not a win but it was funny when Tamarine Tanasurgarn thought she won when she won her fifth game of the last set instead of the all important sixth at the US Open 2003 against Daniela Hantuchova

It was also great to see Maria Sharapova's reaction when she won Wimbledon ringing her mum on the mobile.

It was also touching to see Jana Novotna winning Wimbledon in 1998.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:08 PM
myskina of course! :tape:

lol!kidding. my fave would be ivanisevic winning wimbledon. i was in tears. and andre winning the french as well. thatt was a big-time accomplishment for him.