PDA

View Full Version : Nathalie Dechy will beat Lindsay Davenport.

Doraemon
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Davernport has been cursed since Wimbledon last year. She has been losing to players she shoulda beat easily in two GS semifinals in a row and the history will repeat itself tomorrow. it doesn't matter who she's taking on.. whether it's Dechy or Stevenson. She simply gets beat by the curse!

foreva lindsay
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:01 AM
not tomorrow she wont :yeah:

lindsayno1
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:17 AM
What a load of tosh!

jonny84
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:20 AM
We'll just wait until tomorrow. Remember both players are going to be shattered (they both played three sets - and a really tight one for Lindsay) so it is the one who is mentally as well as physically prepared that should come off the winner.

Sam L
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Stevenson. :haha:

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:26 AM
We'll just wait until tomorrow. Remember both players are going to be shattered (they both played three sets - and a really tight one for Lindsay) so it is the one who is mentally as well as physically prepared that should come off the winner.
And not necesseraly the one people are expecting ;)
I mean come on guys...it's Davenport, she's far from the best body as a far as fitness and stamina is concerned! So stop saying on and on that Nathalie will lose 2 and 3.

chris whiteside
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Ha! Ha!

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:31 AM
If Lindsay shows up tomorrow and doesn't hit a combined total of 20 Double Faults (that was her combined total of singles and doubles - with Corina today) - then it'll be interesting.

They're playing not before 3pm - so they should be playing when the heat isn't in full force.

Shonami Slam
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:34 AM
i always think that long time players that play so well and so nice should be granted a baby-slam. you know, some sort of riphy for playing all these years even though you aren't top 10 matterial.
it's the 20-50 tennis people that really love the game that much.
they are the one's that keep going on and on.
and so, if dechy could win a real slam, and not just a "thank you" one, it could be really rewarding.
i think it's gunna go to three sets, but in lindsay's way,
6-1 4-6 6-0
some odd score like that
or maybe 6-7 6-0 6-0

jimbo mack
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:35 AM
lindsay will win no doubt about it :)

DoctorG
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:54 AM
I really like Nathalie, but she has never beaten Lindsay, and hasn't won a set against her since 1997. You never know, but I think Lindsay will win.

Scotso
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Nathalie is a new player, Doc ;)

Allez!

Chunchun
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:21 PM
:retard:

Chunchun
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:22 PM

Allez!

"NEW" ?!!?! :eek: :lol:

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:28 PM
"NEW" ?!!?! :eek: :lol:
Come on , try again I'm sure you can understand the meaning of that sentence.

Martian Melissa
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Davenport will win without breaking a sweat! 6-2 6-1 ;)

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Davenport will win without breaking a sweat! 6-2 6-1 ;)
With that heat, win or not, easy or not it won't be without a sweat!

Elldee
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:06 PM
We all believe in curses?

Yasmine
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:08 PM
As much as I so would like to see one of my compatriots in the AO final, I still think Lindsay will win it tomorrow! If she does I hope she wins the whole tourney!

lindsayno1
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:16 PM
they will be sweating within 10 secs of being on court!

bovina_forever
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:20 PM

Allez!
she started in 1994

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:25 PM
she started in 1994
Hence more probability of a change?

Andrew.
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Nat is going to likely have to battle through nerves in the first set. But, she should be able to play freely in the second. It will be a close second set, likely similar to the Indian Wells match, but I still say Lindsay in 2.

BTW, Lindsay just beat Nat in straight sets in Sydney last week.

bovina_forever
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Hence more probability of a change?
No he just said that she was a new player, and i do not think playing for 10 years a new player.

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Nat is going to likely have to battle through nerves in the first set. But, she should be able to play freely in the second. It will be a close second set, likely similar to the Indian Wells match, but I still say Lindsay in 2.

BTW, Lindsay just beat Nat in straight sets in Sydney last week.
Yet apparently it was not easy at all. Off course Davenport was so supposed to win that game that nobody realized that most of the time, Davenport was not at all dominating the match.

salima
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Davenport must laugh inside and dream sweet dreams tonight.In the semi final in AO she will meet a player she could met in the 1.st round, a player of such quality that it would be so easy to beat. Davenport is a finalist already.............

but this is sport, if she thinks she is already in the final, she might not be there:eek:

My humble opinion is that Dechy will be blown off the court by the wisper of Davenports racket.
(i really don't care who is winning, hopes for a good match:) )

thelittlestelf
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Lindsay Davenport will beat Nathalie Dechy.

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Davenport must laugh inside and dream sweet dreams tonight.In the semi final in AO she will meet a player she could met in the 1.st round, a player of such quality that it would be so easy to beat. Davenport is a finalist already.............

but this is sport, if she thinks she is already in the final, she might not be there:eek:

My humble opinion is that Dechy will be blown off the court by the wisper of Davenports racket.
(i really don't care who is winning, hopes for a good match:) )
I sense what you are talking about...but 1st round is far exagerated...Nat is a top 30 seed for years now so explain to me how Davenport could meet her in the 1st round?

hingis-seles
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:45 PM
I am really hoping Nat can pull of the upset, but I just don't see Lindsay losing to her. :sad:

rue
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Even though both might be a bit tired, I still think that yesterday's match really helped Lindsay in a big way to be able to pull through a tough three set match. She will win and move on to the finals.

thelittlestelf
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Lindsay has beaten Nathalie 5 times, none of which have been very easy.

Lindsay's experience and, of course, power will bring her through to the final.

abbygael
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Lindsaw will win ofcourse. But dechy will put up some challenge in some games.

maybe 6:2 6:4

foreva lindsay
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:14 PM
lindsay will win no doubt about it :)

:worship: :worship:

KV
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:15 PM
No way Lindsay will win.

Jakeev
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Alright people but can somebody tell me when this place became the Psychic Network?

SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!

gmak
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:34 PM
no way ;)

lindsay will win 6-4 6-3 :D

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Can somebody tell me which time (european time) the match will be played?

Oh and yeah ALLEZ NATHALIE DECHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:33 PM
And I remember in AO 1999 Lindsay was supposed to win in straight sets against another french lady and remember what happened then...ALLEZ NATHALIE!!!!!

TM
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:35 PM
That was last year. It's now 2005 so get over yourself. :)

Mana
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I picked Nat to def Patty, so I'm going to pick Nat to def Lindz today.
Somthing like...26 75 63

Sandstorm
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Dechy dont has chance....

Lindsay will eat her for breakfast

patricio
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Davernport has been cursed since Wimbledon last year. She has been losing to players she shoulda beat easily in two GS semifinals in a row and the history will repeat itself tomorrow. it doesn't matter who she's taking on.. whether it's Dechy or Stevenson. She simply gets beat by the curse!
I really dont see Lindsay with a great advantage on her experience and knowlegde. Yesterday I watched the whole match and it is very rare from a world number one to make so many DFs and throw away soo many opportunities in a GS Quarterfinal. I really dont see her as a true number one. She was moving terribly slow in the third set and I really dont see her beating anyone in the finals even if she gets through here.

FrauleinSteffi
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Dechy is only in semis because Myskina played like #33 instead of #3 but Dechy is talented but no way Davenport will lose she fought hard & beat a very tough & talented Molik Davenport unless she gets injured again will make the Final:)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Barring some minor miracle (ie Davenport getting injured again like she did against Kuznetsova at the US Open), Lindsay will win this.

All five of their matches have been competitive, but Lindsay has won them every single time. I'm expecting the same.

Then again though, the only set Dechy has won off Lindsay came at the AO (back in '97). And I was wrong when I said Dechy would lose to Washington...and Schiavone...and Myskina...and Schnyder:o So maybe she really is ready to turn the corner in her career.

Mana
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Nat has every chance of beating Lindz. She is one of the most in-form players on the tour at the moment. She beat world #3 Myskina, and Patty, who's in great form at the moment. She can and will win!

John.
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Lindsay will win in 2.

baleineau
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:02 PM
something like 6-1 6-3 Davenport

améliemomo
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Allez Nat!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Kanoshiro
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:03 PM

you are an idiot - dechy has no game whatsover. davenport will crush her like a guillottine!

améliemomo
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:09 PM
you are an idiot - dechy has no game whatsover. davenport will crush her like a guillottine!

What a "cliché"!!!!!!!!!! :lol: "guillotine" :p

LindsayRocks89
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I really hope Lindsay wins, i just hope that she feels ok after her long singles and doubles matches, best of luck Lindsay :)

best of luck to natalie also

Robbie.
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
I really hope Lindsay wins, i just hope that she feels ok after her long singles and doubles matches, best of luck Lindsay :)

best of luck to natalie also
Me too, I couldn't bear it if she lost ANOTHER semi that she should win :o

GO LINDSAY! :bounce:

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:09 PM
:lol: She should win? Who said that?

It's a game, a tennis game. The better player is the player who win the match. It's not the one that should have won. We don"t care if the other one was injured or played badly or whatever....It's amazing people won't ever understand...what's matter for a Professionnal is efficiency and results. I state it again those are Professionnals!

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:12 PM

You say that but you know that she has a chance and even more than that.
Lindsay is clear favorite and may well win in straight sets but what you say is pure wishful thinking, nothing more. Just weight all the parameters in that match and you'll realize that it's far from a foregone conclusion.

jlamire
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Sorry you are not alone....but it's good to read that now...
Please promiss you won"t be so harsh on my little Nathalie next time, uh?

Ryan
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:25 PM

:yawn: :retard:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:35 PM
:) :kiss: