PDA

View Full Version : Does Dechy have any chance against Davenport?

G1Player2
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:25 AM
I realy don't think she does but I don't want to say that Davneport will win 100% although she is the heavy favorite...

matija-seles
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Don't jinx Linds! :(

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Most likely Davenport will win. But sometimes you have to watch out for these lower seeded players making it this far in a Grand Slam (ala Maria Sharapova @ Wimbledon)

Prizeidiot
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Maybe.... Lindsay showed some nerves today serving for the match against Molik. And she has been worn down as well. Nathalie might be able to grind her way through

mandy7
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:18 AM
of course
there's always a chance

Tylane
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:22 AM
I think she never beat her so.... a little mental problem for Nath.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:26 AM
but if nathalie maybe able to show good performance in the first set, or if she's on form she could winn.

Jamesss
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Money on Lindsay.

But Nathalie...hmm...wouldn't write her off.

She'll have to play the game of her life and then some. She has been playing some top tennis, but Lindsay simply has too much firepower and finals experience.

BUT. You just never can tell :shrugs:

Odd
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Lindsay and Nathalie played each other 2 weeks ago in sydney and it was a routine win for the yank.

I really cant see how nathalie can win this, provided lindsay doesnt screw it up :topic: (tried to find a touch wood smilie, this is the best i can come up with)

lindsayno1
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:45 AM
lindsay SHOULD win, i wish shed sort her serve out thou! whats with that!? its always been her weapon!

Jakeev
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Well we know Natalie is not gonna blow Lindsay off the court, so if the Frenchwoman wins, the biggest factors are gonna be how off Davenport's game is. If Dechy can stay steady, play her own game and take advantage of big points, sure she can do it.

Grohl
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:24 AM
they both got to the finals, so that means they both got game!
eventhough linds is fave for this match, we have to keep an eye on nat!

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Please go on like that people! As for 3 previous games, Nat was a sure bet to lose....I don't say Davenport won't win, she's off course the favorite but it won't be easy at all and I hope for her and her fans that her body will be ok during the whole match because Nathalie is very strong physically.
And please stop the : "Nathalie never won against Davenport so it's a mental thing....blah blah....this is all bullshit." She never won against her because Davenport was clearly the better player so it's problably not mental.
One more thing that is clearly in Nathalie's favor: look at her face, she's an happy woman :) and seems delighted. I like to see that. It's different from all those player babes that are always pulling a long face....

Tichi
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:45 AM
We shouldn't be doing all this talk about whether or not Dechy can trouble Davenport. Dechy said it herself in her post match interview, she's trilled to play Davenport in the semis of a grand slam. She's just that happy to be where she is right now and to play against such a true champion.
She has nothing to lose tomorrow and will be having the time of her life, so let her enjoy it.

foreva lindsay
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Davey will win im sure

Dementinator
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Well one thing at this AO is certain ,and that is nothing is certain ,Dav should win of course ,but hell ,its not a gaurantee ,Dav is starting to look a little tired these days and movement has never been her strong point ,so Dechy has a chance i am sure.
If Davs serve is on then no ,its over , but if davs serve is off ,and yes folks that does happen see Masha v Dav semi at wimb 2004 last set serving from dav was bad ,she couldnt buy a first serve then ,the Dechy can certainly make a charge.
Realistically I expect Dav to win but i aint gonna write of Dechy Totally !!

Gowza
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:39 AM
have to say although i didnt see the match her win over schnyder is quite impressive. but i think lindsay will be too strong for her.

jrm
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Not likely ... remember IW 04?

tobe
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:01 AM
I really wish Davenport will make it easily like 6/3 6/2 or something....but guys, remember US Open last year? Anyone thought Kuzzi would win this?
Please stay healthy Linds

TS
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Well, anything is possible. I guess.

But I'd say Nathalie has as much chance of making the final as I do of getting my period tomorrow.

DavenportForever
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Well, Lindsay may win this match.......b/c only this is Dechy's first appearance in a semi final. So some nerves will make her head spin. After this she should be confident and make the QF AND SF OR even F for the rest of the grandslams......BuT i Predict lIndsay in 2 tough sets or 3 sets

flyingmachine
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Realistically I expect Dav to win but i aint gonna write of Dechy Totally !!
I agree with you. Only if Dechy is going to playing the tennis of her life otherwise it will be a win for Lindsay.

Grachka
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Nathalie Dechy is far too underrated on this board. She is not spectacular, she doesn't have a huge shot that makes everyone tremble in her wake, but she is consistently good and can hit a lot of winners (as demonstrated in the Schnyder match) and will be dangerous if Lindsay isn't 100%.

Give her a break.

Dechy has a chance, its certainly smaller than Lindsay's, but she is good enough to get this far and is good enough to threaten an under-par Davenport

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:47 AM
As much as I would like Nat to reach her first GS final, I just don't see that happening :( Lindsay in two quick sets of 6-4, 6-0 :(