PDA

View Full Version : Chance for Dechy to come out from under Mauresmo's shadow

vogus
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:25 AM
for the last few years Dechy has had to play a distant second fiddle in France to the much more celebrated Mauresmo - but now suddenly Nathalie is only one win away from eclipsing Momo as a grand slam performer. She's an underdog against LD, but she was an underdog today as well, so who knows...

Lemonskin.
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:26 AM
She's certainly had the more impressive recent performances, starting from Fed Cup.

Julian
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Nathalie has always been eclipsed by another Frenchwoman..not only Momo but Mary Pierce, Sandrine Testud, and another Nathalie.Nathalie Tauziat.

Glad to see shes finally getting some of that limelight. :)

tennnisfannn
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:47 AM
This last year has been amazing, the players we think are waning because of age (where 23 is considered getting on in years) have found a second gear. Look at the list below
alicia
lindsay
likhoseva
dechy
schynder

Greenout
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:59 AM
This last year has been amazing, the players we think are waning because of age (where 23 is considered getting on in years) have found a second gear. Look at the list below
alicia
lindsay
likhoseva
dechy
schynder

I think it says something about the style of match play
these women use. None of these women are 1- dimensional
players. They have more than 1 shot, all are capable of decent
volleys too.

vogus
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:01 AM
I think it says something about the style of match play
these women use. None of these women are 1- dimensional
players. They have more than 1 shots, all are capable of decent
volleys and have more shot selections.

yeah, did you see, Nat's net approach numbers in this match? 50 net appraoches, she was sneaking in quite a bit, especially in the third set.

Volcana
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:03 AM
for the last few years Dechy has had to play a distant second fiddle in France to the much more celebrated Mauresmo - but now suddenly Nathalie is only one win away from eclipsing Momo as a grand slam performer.Two wins

Sadka
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:04 AM
:worship: Go Nat !!

JenFan75
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Well, there's no way in hell that she will beat Lindsay, but I hope she keeps up the good play!

Prizeidiot
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:09 AM
She might be able to outlast Lindsay.... you never know. At this stage of a slam, I wouldn't discount anyone. Go Dechy!