PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me Linds is withdrawing from the Doubles!

kabuki
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:10 AM
She and Corina are next match on.. :eek:

random_dude
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:17 AM
i hope so for alicia and kuzzies sake :p

Scotso
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:17 AM
if she does I'll be PISSED.

She has done this too many times to Corina.

Lemonskin.
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:18 AM
The match will be pushed back to give Lindsay sufficient rest.

kabuki
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:19 AM
The match will be pushed back to give Lindsay sufficient rest.

What, 2 days? :lol:

Andrew.
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:25 AM

She has done this too many times to Corina. Actually, she's rarely done this to Corina.

peanuts
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:26 AM
with the heat, it would be the most sensible thing to do. but corina is her friend so...

LindsayRocks89
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:26 AM
is Lindsay's semi match tomorrow?

peanuts
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:29 AM
yep i think so. the final is on saturday and i tink they have one day of rest before it.

tennnisfannn
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:29 AM

She has done this too many times to Corina.Players like Corina who need the doubles play shoulkd patner with slam title contenders. The cahnces of getting ditched as players go deep in the draw are extremely high. AI suffered this alot with Kim and with dementieva last year.

peanuts
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:44 AM
well they've been playing together for a long while, i think corina knows that by now ;) and as lindsay's friend im sure she'd want lindsay to win the singles title :) whatever they decide, i hope it works for the best.

selking
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Well Molik could retire too. BOth in the same situation

bis2806
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:52 AM
If she decides to play, Lindsay should have an efficient amount of rest! Or else, tomorrow I will suffer from... I don't know.... I almost had a heart attack throughout my geo lesson knowing that Lindsay was trailing 6-7

GoSandrine
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:54 AM
What, 2 days? :lol:
:lol:

I hope Lindsay knows what she's doing. :unsure: but I think she'll give it a go

ginger_fish668
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:56 AM
I think they'll play on...really tough on the players, why do the top players still want to play doubles? I can never understand...

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:57 AM
:lol:

I hope Lindsay knows what she's doing. :unsure: but I think she'll give it a go
Me to...not to take anything away from the great team they are playing but if they were playing a more experienced team in the semis then there might be a problem.
I think there semi should be fairly easy :D ;)

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:18 AM
She might want to play her doubles match to try and get rid of those double faults she served in her singles *g*

Both Molik and Davenport are due back on court (probably in 30 mins time -> though in Molik's case it'll be longer because another match is still in prorgess on MCA).

It depends if Lindsay wants to save herself for her SF match - she'll be playing in the heat yet again tomorrow... then again there are rumours of a chance of rain tomorrow (that might help the situation)

My guess is she'll play if it goes to 3 she'll retire hurt to save herself for the singles ;)

Regardless of what happens with the doubles tonight the schedule is as follows:

27 Jan - Women's Singles SF (Sharapova vs Williams f/b Davenport vs Dechy)
28 Jan - Women's Doubles Final
29 Jan - Women's Singles Final

selking
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:19 AM
she might not care as much because dechy shouldnt be that hard of a match

PatM04
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Keep in mind that Nathalie played for the exact same amount of time as Lindsay did. I think Lindsay will surely be able to beat Nathalie since she can end points more quickly. Normally Nathalie would try to run balls down against Lindsay and only go for it when it is there. Now I think since she'll be tired as well she'll need to go for it more and trying to hit with Davenport and beat her at her own game this late in a major when you're Nathalie Dechy (not to take anything away from her) and not someone like Serena, it's not going to happen. While I will be rooting for Lindsay, I do hope that Nathalie makes it respectable. It is a big dissapointment for a player of her type to get to this stage of a major and get blown away. I hope Nathalie can keep that from happening.

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Lindsay's doubles match has just started.

How long do you reckon before Lindsay pulls the plug on it? I reckon if they don't win in straight sets she will.

ETA: It seems her dodgy serving from her singles is still with her in the doubles - she just got her serve broken.

faboozadoo15
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:54 AM
good for lindsay for sticking with it! she has rarely ditched corina, peeps :rolleyes: i love corina and everything, but lindsay really does carry them. they really just play for fun and practice from my estimation.
go linds!

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Plus it's Corina's b'day today - so happy b'day to Corina!

But gee what a surprise the girls are tanking their SF match - I wonder why they're doing that? :)

They both lost their service games *g*

NaF
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:03 AM
I guess that's just the risk of playing doubles as well as the singles....

Hope she's fit enough to go for both titles..

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Well Lindsay and Corina are tanking in their match at the moment - so let's see what happens :)

Prizeidiot
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Tanking.... they're up in the third.... I think they're giving it a real go... and good on Lindsay for playing

Loughyunijen
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:37 AM
great day linds well done!

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Yeah they won :)

Well at the time I posted that msg they were tanking *g*

I loved this part of Lindsay's press conference (gotta love her attitude) :)

Q. You just had a really long match in hot conditions. Would you consider pulling out of doubles?

LINDSAY DAVENPORT: No way. We're going to win. It's my partner's birthday. We're in the semis. And I feel fine. I mean, I have no physical problems right now. You know, it's tough to come back again tomorrow, but hopefully we're going to go out there and, you know, have a great chance to make the finals.

TM
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Happy Birthday

Corina:kiss:

Tichi
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Players like Corina who need the doubles play shoulkd patner with slam title contenders. The cahnces of getting ditched as players go deep in the draw are extremely high. AI suffered this alot with Kim and with dementieva last year.

Kim only did this ONE TIME. And not because she had had too many matches, but because of the poor rain treatment at the US Open. She would have had to play two singles and two doubles matches in one our two days time.
At the french, she went to the finals and also in doubles, well she just played her matches.