PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay is one lucky woman

_Cell-chuk
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:58 AM
She was so lucky in this match. All her balls catching the outside of the lines, all the calls going her way. Alicia deserved to win the match. And if all this is not enough, she is playing Dechy tomorrow not Patty. Davenport is already in the finals let me tell you. She is sooo LUCKY.

harloo
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Alicia lost, let it go!! Actually I preferred Lindsay to win. I'm tired of the American commentators having an orgasm over everything Alicia.:rolleyes:

Lemonskin.
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:01 AM
She certainly got lucky when Alicia's ace at 7-7, 40-30 got called out.

Kipton222
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:01 AM
ewwww, I doubt Mary Carillo ever had an orgasm in her life

matija-seles
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:02 AM
I think that Alicia was lucky with her backhand mishits in the middle of the important rally going straight on the lines

selking
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:02 AM
hahahahaha, excuses for alicia now. Didnt see it coming, thought the aussies were better then that

Hayato
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:03 AM
at least the American Lindsay fans won't have something to complain about, but i guess they'll find something :rolleyes:

Volcana
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:04 AM
She was so lucky in this match. All her balls catching the outside of the lines, all the calls going her way. Alicia deserved to win the match. And if all this is not enough, she is playing Dechy tomorrow not Patty. Davenport is already in the finals let me tell you. She is sooo LUCKY.Considering Lindsay has aimed for the lines her whole career, you can't really call her shots hitting them 'luck'. That's where she's trying to hit them. And regardless of if Alicia 'deserved' to win, Lindsay desrved it more. Cause she got it, and no one can say she didn't give max effort to get it.

G_Slammed
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:04 AM
She was so lucky in this match. All her balls catching the outside of the lines, all the calls going her way.

Luck has nothing to do with it. Davenport has always driven the ball deeper than any other woman.

fammmmedspin
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Both QF are interesting if you look at the stats. Apart from a small advantage on first serves in, Patty and Alicia both had better stats. They lost because they didn't convert breaks. Patty got 2/15 (yes 2) and Alicia 4/15.

That suggests their opponents either defended well or they couldn't win the point and missed when they really needed to win a key point.

Given that Nat got past 2 higher seeds who were playing poorly while she was consistent and one who couldn't convert when she hit 50 UE and Lindsay is playing at her 2000 level and then at her worst in successive games, i wouldn't bet against a Dechy-Serena final. it could be very quick.

Jan 26th, 2005, 05:16 AM
No, Alicia still needs to grow as a player.

tennnisfannn
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Alica had won 13 matches on the trot! There is your bad luck. maybe she should have skipped hopman so her 13th win would have been on the final's day!
This girl really is the real deal!

"Topaz"
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Of course, Lindsay was lucky. Any woman who wins 9-7 in the third has got to be lucky. Basically, at that stage they prove to be pretty much equal on that day. Only luck then can call a winner; and luck did it for Lindsay. This is in effect what people mean when they say a match "could have gone either way".

Congrats, Lindsay!
Superb effort, Alicia!

BK4ever
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:47 AM
That ace that Alicia hit that was called out was crucial and heartbreaking...it was smack on the line...that linesperson is gonna have nightmares when he/she realizes that they fucked up and cheated their own player :sad:

ginger_fish668
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Luck had nothing to do with it. Lindsay is the No.1 player in the world! That said, Alicia WAS very unlucky to have that ace that WAS good called out. But things like that happen all the time...

bis2806
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:02 AM
This is a "revenge" against her loss to Henin in the AO

Jakeev
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:12 AM
She was so lucky in this match. All her balls catching the outside of the lines, all the calls going her way. Alicia deserved to win the match. And if all this is not enough, she is playing Dechy tomorrow not Patty. Davenport is already in the finals let me tell you. She is sooo LUCKY.
Oh Please....bad line calls are a part of the game so deal with it. The match was evenly played and Lindsay got the upper hand.

The woman that won deserved to.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Oh Please....bad line calls are a part of the game so deal with it. The match was evenly played and Lindsay got the upper hand.

The woman that won deserved to.
:clap2:

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:14 AM
It was 12 matches on a trot - today for her was unlucky no 13 - I think in the end it didn't matter who had won - both women deserved it.

And that's not a neutral response that's just an observation :)

@m@nd@
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:46 AM
i know...this match had so many bad calls...all against alicia :mad:

TFan1156
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:52 AM
hahahahaha, excuses for alicia now. Didnt see it coming, thought the aussies were better then that

I would not call it an excuse, but justice would have been 8-7 Alicia. Dead in the center of the line that ace... But the eventual outcome had it been right we cannot know. And untimely bad calls happen, Lindsey`s win is legit...

Jakeev
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Glad ALicia was so classy about the line calls in her interview......

Doc
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:47 AM

Exactly.

random_dude
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:12 AM
if u look at the posters flag, u will find that the thread was started by a countryman of urs, not an aussie. and the facts r that if the linesperson was awake, alicia would have won the game at 7-7 and led 8-7. ur beloved martina even said, she was very upset about it (she has alot of respect for alicia, too bad u dont).

thelittlestelf
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Alicia really was hurt by line calls this match :tape:. I'm surprised!

But WOW! GO LINDSAY! This is the type of match I wouldn't expect you to win, but you did! :D

Good luck in the semis!!!

LindsayRulez
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:30 AM
they both had bad calls, so the fact that Alicia had a bad one at 7-7 40-30 is irrelevant; get over it, Lindsay won

Andy T
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:50 AM
The loser is always a bit unlucky in such close matches but if she was lucky, it was her turn after the bad luck she had at various moments last year.

DavenportForever
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:04 PM
She was not lucky....She has skills...... :p

GO DAVENPORT

DavenportForever
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:07 PM
some of u r just mad that Lindsay won, get over it!!!!!!!!! This is the farewell tour. So Molik has more chances...GEEZE She has more time to grow and get better....but this is not her time

Chunchun
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM
:tape: she isn't :rolleyes:

joaco
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Don't say that. Lindsay is by no means 100% in the final. She still has a HARD match to go through, plus she'll be a bit tired. She NEEDS to start well off that match

Joaco

MinnyGophers
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:45 PM
kinda weird though since it's the AUSSIE open and Alicia is an AUSSIE.... and a crucial point like that was not called in her favor.
At least, Aussie officials know how to keep it "fair" whether it was right or not.

gmak
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:30 PM
no she wasn't lucky, lindsay always plays close to the lines after all..

i agree though that ace at 7-7 40-30 could have made a huge difference to the outcome

still a great match :D

well done lindsay :worship: :yeah: :) she's lost so many tough matches in the past ( this reminded me her match against JHH from 2003 only this time the outcome was much better ;) )

congrats alicia you are a top10 player :hug: :bowdown: and a nice reaction from her at the net :hatoff: