PDA

View Full Version : (1) Davenport SURVIVES (10) Molik 6-4 4-6 9-7

tennisIlove09
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:47 AM
great match :worship:

Congrats ladies!

Key stat: Molik had a terrible break point conversion rate in the third ;)

*Lindsay had a mp at 5-4, serving*

AjdeNate!
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:47 AM
good show

foreva lindsay
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:48 AM
LINDSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Becool
Nice match :)

Weldone Lindsay!

Cam'ron Giles
WHOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way to go Lindsay...:worship:

bmxbandit
Holy crap.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Nice win LINDSAY! Molik has also gained my FULL respect this tournament :D :kiss:

Meesh
:bounce: Now I can go to bed! CONGRATS LINDSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LindsayRulez
Lindsay omg I'm in tears...

PaulieM
poor alicia, i wanted her to win it, it would have been a nice birthday present for her :sad:

LindsayRulez
i cannot sleep now, i'm watching this on ESPN

~MaRt~HiNgIs~F@N
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Good Job Lindsayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Alicia :bigcry:

but Lindsay :yeah:

LindsayRocks89
omg i'm so proud of you Lindsay, i just kept shouting at this screen that i had faith in you, i was jumping, yelling, sobbing, doing dances, oh gosh this makes my night, Lindsay :worship: :bounce: :hearts: :kiss: :D :angel:

SzavayFi
I lost my Final Hope! :bigcry: i dont care who wins the aussie now :mad:

vettipooh
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Congrats to both ladies. Molik fought her heart out...its a pity to lose after such outstanding play. Great job,Lindsay!!!

Paneru
Lindsay omg I'm in tears...

You too! :lol:

I'm so happy for Lindsay! :)

Not to mention happy she knocked off Molik and
was on of the few players who had faith in Venus. :D

Billabong
LINDSAY:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up, and win this tournament girl:yeah:! Congrats for this awesome victory:bounce:!!!!!!!!

Stephieva
Linds...I damn heart you...
Linds also saved 2 BP's to win the last serve for this match...:hehehe:

Now Linds....plz win AO ok?
All of my heart is with you...:bounce:

UDiTY
OMG LINDSAY!!!!:bounce:

I have never ever been more into a Lindsay match when she wasn't playing one of my faves. She is just such a wondeful woman and really deserves to do well here. I AM SOO HAPPY FOR HER!!! Lindsay/Serena FINAL!!!

Both times serving for the match down 15-40, wow, this is really the type of match she is used to losing. She never fights this well. LINDSAY CONGRATS!!! I am impressed.:D

Great run ALicia, you'll be back!!!

Andrew.
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Lindsay. :eek: :D Wow. Amazing third set.

This is Lindsay's first non-tiebreak long third set win since the Australian Open 98.

MisterQ
Lindsay almost gave me a heart attack! :eek: Good fight, Lindsay! PLEASE win the whole thing! :bounce:

-cata-
Great match.

Congrats Lindsay.. Great efford Alicia!

Mrs. Peel
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Great thread title....what an epic battle....

Kudos to both ladies! :bounce:

St.Sebastian
Alicia is my fav now :love:

Go Lindsay and win the tournament now!!!! Good Job!

cometz9
Lindsay :bigclap: You are the best :yeah:

LindsayRocks89
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Lindsay almost gave me a heart attack! :eek: Good fight, Lindsay! PLEASE win the whole thing! :bounce:

omg me too!

beauty_is_pink
Linds!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

And.. sorri to all the Aussies for running Australia Day :sad:
Alicia had a great run at the AusOpen and you all should be proud of your young star :)

LiliaLee-Frazier
i cannot sleep now, i'm watching this on ESPN

But NOW you can atleast ENJOY the match knowing that LINDSAY won and basically secured her no 1 spot untill atleast Wimbledon :eek: :D

G_Slammed
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Just put Davenport in the final.

Dechy? Yeah.. right.

peanuts
i feel sorry for alicia. i actually wanted more for her to win this. it could have been a fairy tale story for her. it was a very close match. couldn't get any closer than that. alas, lindsay reminded her of reality and ended her dream run. i think the top players should take molik seriously now. she can win a slam. :)

lindsay this is your chance. next up dechy. get into the finals and win the freaking title. no excuses this time. ;)

That was a wonderful match. It shows what a good serve on both ladies can do for the women's game. It was like watching men's tennis but less boring :)

!<blocparty>!
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Lindsay! :worship: I don't know how you won that last service game in the end.

I'm off to bed. Too tired for emotions,

hingis-seles
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Alicia got that horrible call at Advantage Molik at 7-7 when she served an ace and it was called a fault. :(

Kipton222
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:57 AM
Simply amazing tennis from both people. Molik looks like the future of tennis.....

peanuts
Just put Davenport in the final.

Dechy? Yeah.. right.

i just posted something like that in the other thread. lindsay gotta win that one.again no offense to dechy fans. im just staying with the statistics in here.

xr6turbo
It was so close... :sad: A few bad calls... like an ace which Molik hit on game point at 7-7 was called out when it was half on the line.. Linds went on the break in that game..

Oh well.. better luck next time Alicia! :D

dansnewbeg
Congrats to Davenport. I really like her, but I'm so freaking sad for Molik :(

Mase
Geat fight Lindays and Alica!!!

Congrats DAVEY!!

Lemonskin.
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:59 AM
:bigcry: NOOOOOOO but what a fight from Alicia :D

The only thing she did wrong all day was NOT convert one of SO MANY BP's in that 3rd set...

But a great showing from Alicia to take the world #1 to 9-7 in the 3rd. She certainly deserves her place in the top 10.

Alicia got rorted at 7-7, 40-30 in the 3rd when she hit an ace but it was called out. Hawkeye showed it right on the line. Alicia would have had an 8-7 lead and maybe things would have been different...

Good luck for the rest of the tournament, Lindsay. You played like a true champion

LiliaLee-Frazier
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

GoSandrine
Kudos to both Ladies on a sensational battle :worship: :worship:

And congrats Lindsay!!!! :aparty:

iLUVTBJ
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:00 AM
I didn't see this coming....
Coz' Alicia was very determined and have the whole crowd behind her....
On the other hand, Lindsay looked dejected, bouncing her racquet!!!

Alicia was unlucky with the call on her serve at 7-7, she served a 3rd ace in a row and should have won that game to go up 8-7.... in fact, the linesman called it a fault!!! :o

Thumbs up to Lindsay though, came up with good plays after down 15-40 2nd time again to serve for the match......

Looks like Lindsay always have a tough match at AusOpen.... losing to Justine 2 years ago 9-7 in the final set!!!

What a match!!! What a fight from both women!!! :worship:

flyingmachine
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:01 AM
poor alicia, i wanted her to win it, it would have been a nice birthday present for her :sad:
I wanted Alicia to win too. :sad: However there is nothing to be a shame of about her performence on this match. Both Lindsay and Alicia played excellent tennis. This is the best match so far in this tournament. :D I hope better matches to come in the semis.

Chance
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Congratulations Lindsay! I thought you would let it slip through your fingers like in Wimbly but you fought hard... Now Get to the final!!!!

Alicia, great effort..... I'm feeling guilty for not wanting her to win- she comes across as a sweet girl. Pity about the line call at 7-7....

Btw if you look at the draw on ausopen.org for the semis- it has Lindsay Davenport vs unknown :( you can't even tell there is another quarterfinal going on...shitty coverage

russophile
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:04 AM
well i really don't care about the outcome of this match-up but what a great match.

hope sharapova wins this slam though!

and marat on the men's side!

Veegeta
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:04 AM
The world number one shows heart....

peanuts
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:08 AM

:sad: her dream run has come to an end. but look at the bright side, this is just the beginning. if she plays like she did in this AO, i believe she'll have many many more chances to win a slam. top 5 lookout!! :)

lindsay, i never thought she was such a fighter. :eek: :worship: she always seem to lose the close matches. she really wants this AO. i really really want her to win this title now. :lol:

Kelly
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:13 AM
OH MY GOD!!!

i am knackard for watching it...plus is it now 5am in the uk and im in work in 4 hours...lol...oh well lindsays worth it. im so proud of her but i hope to god she pulls out of the doubles this afternoon

akosijepoy
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Great Job!!!! I'm So Proud Of You!!! :-)

flyingmachine
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:24 AM
OH MY GOD!!!

i am knackard for watching it...plus is it now 5am in the uk and im in work in 4 hours...lol..
You are not the only one. :o I'm only has a few hours of sleep in the last few days. I think I'm better going back to bed. Goodnight. :zzz:

Lemonskin.
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Great effort from Alicia :D

Top 10, Here we come!

bw2082
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Lindsay! :woohoo: :worship:

bis2806
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Lindsay looked like she was the world's no.1000 towards the end of the second set... she was not attacking molik's serves and she was on defense! i was disappointed and worried, and I still felt that way when i came back to see lindsay trailing 6-7!!! She was like giving up... i swear the whole geo lesson I was so worried that Lindsay would lose the match... thank god she pulled it off in the end.... but i don't have a good feeling for her next matches :(

Come-on-kim
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Lindsay :bounce: :bounce: Take the title girl!!!

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:43 AM
:o Alicia :mad: DAMN!! :sad:

:o Lindz :lol: :tape: :fiery: YOU WONT WIN AO :angel: She is such a solky player :o Even Navratilova kept commenting on her dreadful on court attitude :o :tape:

:hearts: Go MARIA / SERENA :kiss: :drool: :lick: :worship:

bis2806
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Can't wait to see this on a 2nd telecast tonight :)

To Lindsay: You nearly gave me a heart attack, but 10 mins ago, you saved me!

alexusjonesfan
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Awesome match! :worship:
It's hilarious how Lindsay looks like she's putting in no effort whether she's winning or losing. The look on her face doesn't tell you if she's up 5-0 or if she's serving to stay in the match:lol: It's all just a casual day at the office ;)

Great match by Alicia, nothing to be ashamed of at all :worship:
Congrats Lindsay! now win it all if you're not too tired that is:p

jpurkey1
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:56 AM
anyone who doubts lindsay obviously didnt' see the last two games. that was the best clutch tennis i have ever seen. a true champion.

JenFan75
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Good job Linds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WIn the WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lindsayno1
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Lindsay had bad attitude on coourt?! im gonna watch the match in a bit. Hmmm lindsay does ever so often. she can be quite mardy! oh well shes won! Im glad i didnt watch it last night - id have been swearing and screaming at the TV - and woken up the house!

lindsayno1
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:58 AM
i see a dav and SERENA final!!!

masha CANT get there - i cant stand that girl

Jakeev
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Great match by both players to day. Lindsay is my girl but I actually applauded Alicia on several occasions.

Moliks attitude is fantastic and I really think she is gonna do big things in 2005.

As for my girl, so glad to see her fighting so hard and valient again. Guys I really hope she wins the title.