PDA

View Full Version : Are the semis tomorrow?

Chriskip
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Because if they both are, I am pretty sure if Davenport makes it she will be at a disadvantage considering she has her doubles later today which is to be played on open court. I know Molik has one too but she seems much fresher than Lindsay, and she has youth (and the crowd) on her side.

I wont be surprised if she pulls out of doubles if (or even if not) she wins this match.

lizchris
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:44 AM
The semifinals are tomorrow.

The ironic thing about this AO now is that the person who didn't play it last year due to injury (Serena) will be the freshest going in. Everyone else had to play three sets.

jbone_0307
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:52 AM
This is a weird tournament. On like the other 2 grand slam everybody plays the 4th round on a specific day (sunday), and then have a day off after every round.

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:39 AM
I just worked this out for one of my favourite posters, and sent her a pm. But I'll post it here, too.

According to the provisional schedule for the tournament, the women's semis are scheduled for "not before" 1.30 p.m. on Thursday 27 January.

The women's final is scheduled for 1.30 p.m. on Saturday 29 January.

Melbourne is on daylight saving time at the moment, which puts it 11 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time. If someone is in the US on EST they will be five hours behind Greenwich Mean Time. So that's a 16-hour difference. This seems to check out as I just found a site which tells me it's about 30 minutes past midnight there. It's about 4.30 p.m. in Melbourne.

I don't know about all those other time zones.

Correct me if any of the above is wrong. :)