PDA

View Full Version : Lara Fakhoury Cheering Thread

*hingis_forever*
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:48 AM
I thought she deserved one as she just broke into the top 100 junior ranks and is a bright prospect for British tennis! :bounce:

ae wowww
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM
And she is fit!!

paul_masterton
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:23 PM
i second that :drool:

*hingis_forever*
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Well she's in the grade 2 Ecuador junior tournament and is playing Florencia Molinero next! Go Lara! :bounce:

WIMBY
Jan 29th, 2005, 11:05 PM
GOOD LUCK LARA :wavey:

*hingis_forever*
Feb 12th, 2005, 03:01 AM
She is playing her first WTA match this week in the first round of quallies for the Tier III Bogota tournament against Mathilde Johansson! That's a great draw for a Tier III qualifying draw. Go Lara! :bounce:

Grachka
Feb 12th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Wow! Lara! :D Good luck!

Monica_Rules
Feb 15th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Lara lost 6-3 6-1.But good to see her take a chance.She turned 17 the other day and definately is a good prospect.

She has a great forehand and good serve and moves quite well.Backhand needs a bit of work.Isn't anywhere near as good as her forehand.

*hingis_forever*
Feb 21st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Lara lost 6-3 6-1.But good to see her take a chance.She turned 17 the other day and definately is a good prospect.

She has a great forehand and good serve and moves quite well.Backhand needs a bit of work.Isn't anywhere near as good as her forehand.
How would you compare her to the rest of the young British players such as Katie, Mel, Hannah, and Claire?

*hingis_forever*
Oct 3rd, 2005, 01:18 PM
I thought I would bump this seeing as she has finally overcame her injury. Last week she qualified for the $25K Pelham challenger, losing to Sarah Taylor 61 62 in the first round. This week she is playing the $50K in Juarez and won her first round of qualifying 61 75 over Liina Suurvarik. She plays Story Tweedie Yates for a spot in the main draw I believe! Go Lara! Get into the top 500 before the end of the year! ;)

*hingis_forever*
Nov 30th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Lara is playing the Eddie Herr International Grade 1 junior event and has beaten Ellah Nze 75 46 64 in the first round. She plays Valerie Tetreault in the next round! Good luck Lara! :bounce:

*hingis_forever*
Dec 1st, 2005, 01:17 AM
Lara lost 61 36 61! :sad: Good try though against a top junior! :)

jamatthews
Jan 6th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Lara has received a qualifying wildcard into the 25K in Tampa next week...

Monica_Rules
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
How would you compare her to the rest of the young British players such as Katie, Mel, Hannah, and Claire?

Um not sure. Shes a different player to all of them really. Shes kind of like a modern day clay courter. Has a huge western grip on her forehand.

I saw her when she was 16 shes almost 18 now. Shame she got this injury as she was going great guns in both seniors and juniors.

Personally i was more impressed by Mel and Katie but they are 2 years older than Lara. With her junior results i'd say shes sure to get top 500 at least and i wouldn't be too suprised to see her top 300 beyond that i don't know. I think Mel and Katie are better players than her but shes prob the same level as Claire but has a more explosive forehand so i'm not sure.