PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Mary Jo wins the prize

Fingon
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:13 AM
to the most stupid comment of the tournament.

She said that Alicia Molik is the hottest player in the last six months.

Let's see, we are in January, hmm we go back to the end of July.

Alicia won Zurich and Sydney in that period.

Sveta won US Open, Maria Los Angeles, *cough*

And now they are saying that Alicia's forehand can compare to Steffi's.
They said she has the best serve in women's tennis.

I mean, how much more stupid can they get?, she is good, ok, but the overrating is reaching new highs really.

If she had Steffi's forehand and the best serve ever she would be # 1 and would have won 10 GSs by now. :rolleyes:

lloyders76
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:23 AM
if she even had mary joes serve and forehand she's be higher than no 12 at 24 yrs by now

lizchris
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:28 AM
to the most stupid comment of the tournament.

She said that Alicia Molik is the hottest player in the last six months.

Let's see, we are in January, hmm we go back to the end of July.

Alicia won Zurich and Sydney in that period.

Sveta won US Open, Maria Los Angeles, *cough*

And now they are saying that Alicia's forehand can compare to Steffi's.
They said she has the best serve in women's tennis.

I mean, how much more stupid can they get?, she is good, ok, but the overrating is reaching new highs really.

If she had Steffi's forehand and the best serve ever she would be # 1 and would have won 10 GSs by now. :rolleyes:

She is only saying this because she beat Venus. If she loses to Lindsay, they will start pointing out her faults.

satori
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:56 AM
um, yeah, remember Mary Jo always makes a point of saying "I beat the Williams sister's consistently", yeah, when they were in their teens

bmxbandit
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:58 AM
Yea, I chucked at the "best serve" comment.

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:05 AM
That's nothing compared to the amount of hype she get's here in Oz.

JenFan75
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Mary Joe is so fucking stupid! And she nover stops nodding her head. It must drive her colleagues crazy.

~CANUCK~
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Alicia also won stockholm and luxemburg in that time span, so she is one of the hottest players on tour. I still think maria is the hottest though, with alicia not far behind.

Fingon
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Alicia also won stockholm and luxemburg in that time span, so she is one of the hottest players on tour. I still think maria is the hottest though, with alicia not far behind.
Alicia could have won the Super Bowl in that period, still the US Open is bigger.

And she didn't say that Alicia is one of the hottest players in the last six months, which I would have agreed with, she said the hottest.

Also keep going with those ridiculous comments that Alicia has the best serve, Steffi's forehand, it's just absurd.

Anyone who watched Steffi would :rolleyes: at that stupidity, and with the serve, to compare Alicia to let's say Serena is just laughable.

PhoenixStorm
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Mary Jo just can't stand that Serena and Venus are better than her. She does anything to detract from them. Its almost funny if it wasnt so sad.

She really has no clue what she's talking about. Everyone knows the hottest player on tour is sharapova because she won a slam and the tour champs. None of the other slam winners came close to doing anthing as big.

Poor mary maybe the heat is getting to her.