PDA

View Full Version : Caroline Wozniacki & Aleksandra Wozniak??

Chriskip
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know if they are in anyway related? They are in the Girls Doubles playing together at the AO, but I see where one is a Dane and the other is Canadian. Except for the "c" and the "i" their names are so close I was wondering if anyone knew how they got to playing together. Maybe they did it with their names in mind, just for fun. :)

Jakub
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Does anyone know if they are in anyway related? They are in the Girls Doubles playing together at the AO, but I see where one is a Dane and the other is Canadian. Except for the "c" and the "i" their names are so close I was wondering if anyone knew how they got to playing together. Maybe they did it with their names in mind, just for fun. :)
as I know : they both have polish origin, but they are not related.
I think that Wozniacki in polish would be: Woźniacka
and Wozniak in polish for sure would be: Woźniak
So the surname is different, however very similar.

People who emigrate from Poland used to change the end of surnames.

:wavey:

JonBcn
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:57 PM
They are clones. Alexandra was born first, and the younger one spent her years in a laboratory, where she played doubles with Dolly the Sheep until she was good enough to join the junior tour.

Jorn
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:17 PM
They play together in doubles and tonight they have to play in R3 Singles also, it will be a mess with their names the same. ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:36 PM
;) Game who? ;)

Actually no, they have no realtion whatsoever! Go Aleks!