PDA

View Full Version : Can't Believe Dechy/Schnyder on MCA

UDiTY
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:22 AM
You'd think a QF would get one of the top two courts

becks
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:25 AM
The scheudule it that way for the 'casual teenis fan" (and the prepubesent girls"). most causal fans know who roddick is and if they have a ticket for today would want to see a player they are familiar with. dechy?schynder dont really have the appeal of roddick. It leaves really fans of tennis, not just big players, annoyed and confused.

Although dose anyone know why there are no Vodafone matches today?

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:25 AM
You'd think a QF would get one of the top two courts
Thats just absolutly rediculous! To put that doubles and mixed doubles match on a higher court is just absurd...i don't care if a couple of aussies are playing or not! The casual tennis fan have no idea who they are ...:fiery:

becks
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Although it does work out better, i can buy a ground pass and see a 1/4 match. Happya bout that. Although its almost to hot to go to the tennis.

martinafan
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Vodafone Arena is only in use for the first week or so - they don't use it after that....i'm guessing it's cheaper not to use it if it's not necessary.

And about the mens doubles on RLA - it's Australia Day today, so that's most likely why Woodbridge is on RLA.

switz
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:37 AM
i think americans do not know how much australians like tennis. i can tell you that many people who go to the tennis know patty and would even know the name dechy. tennis can lead the news here and is not disrespected for the sake of other sports like in the US.

PatM04
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:37 AM
I said the same thing:(

thelittlestelf
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Oh but Andy Roddick is playing. They'd have Dechy/Schnyder play on putty to get Andy on Rod Laver.

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah as martinafan said VA is only in use the first week (up until QF stage) unless the extreme heat policy comes into play (like yesterday) then it's used.

Plus it's Australia Day today, so of course all the Aussies were going to make it onto RLA :)

Penne1
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:22 AM
The Australian Open are nearly as bad as the French Open used to be with its scheduling.

The women really do get a raw deal out of the Oz organisers.

I will admit though that this year has been a bit better but to put a Woman's quarter final on MCA is ridiculous. If anything Molik and Lindsay should have been put on tonight with Hewitt and Nalbandian to follow.

If you make a quarter final of a Grand Slam singles event you deserve to get big court play.

416_Man
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Well they want a large crowd for Hewitt and Nalbandian and so if the women's match was to finish past 9 o'clock- the crowd would start to dwindle like the anticiapted but late Coria v. Nalbandian. A much larger crowd will be there if it start at 7. But as it is Australia Day, I can understand that they want a lot more Oceanic players on the show courts- junior, doubles, or not.