PDA

View Full Version : do you find that Sharapova's father.......

tennislover
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:28 PM
....looks like this emoticon : " :cool: " ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thelittlestelf
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Yuri Sharapov is the most obnoxious person I have ever seen.

I cannot stand the bastard.

Lemonskin.
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:39 PM
:lol: he does a bit!

Edward.
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:42 PM
http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/calo_nord.jpg

This is Yuri in private.

henmanhill
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:49 PM
A quote from a letter on Sports Illustrated's website says it all:

"Yuri Sharapova ran onto the court and yelled an obscenity at a fan. If Serena or Richard Williams had behaved like that, it would have made its way into several negative articles. I guess being the WTA's latest great white hope helps. The double standard lives. Not that I'm surprised. Things will never change. ..."

Julia1968
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:51 PM

The same could be said for Richard Williams as well.

Pureracket
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:51 PM
The same could be said for Richard Williams as well.SWOOP!!!!!

beauty_is_pink
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:53 PM
:cool:

:haha: he does! :haha:

volta
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:07 PM

me 2. EEWW i canīt stand him

oh and btw was i the only one that saw him pointing with the finger telling her to go to the bathroom after she won the 2 set?! i thought that a device from the couches was ponished but guess im wrong :angel:

tennislover
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:10 PM
:lol: he does a bit!

:cool:

:haha: he does! :haha:

:eek: he does, he really really does.

;)

Dave B
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:12 PM

"Yuri Sharapova ran onto the court and yelled an obscenity at a fan. If Serena or Richard Williams had behaved like that, it would have made its way into several negative articles. I guess being the WTA's latest great white hope helps. The double standard lives. Not that I'm surprised. Things will never change. ..."

So true, but both occasioonally behave in ways that...ug.

John.
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM
He is extremely irritating :cool: :cool: :cool:

Brandon85
Feb 25th, 2005, 02:30 PM

I cannot stand the bastard.your just looking for reasons not to like her because your jeallous. yea, and richard wasnt obnoxious standing on the roof at wimbledon with a sign that said some stupid crap after venus won. take a reality pill and stop being a child. atleast im real.

ginger_fish668
Feb 25th, 2005, 03:11 PM

No. He doesn't smile. :p

Leopold Stotch
Feb 25th, 2005, 03:25 PM
your just looking for reasons not to like her because your jeallous. yea, and richard wasnt obnoxious standing on the roof at wimbledon with a sign that said some stupid crap after venus won. take a reality pill and stop being a child. atleast im real.

well said

thelittlestelf
Feb 25th, 2005, 03:43 PM
your just looking for reasons not to like her because your jeallous. yea, and richard wasnt obnoxious standing on the roof at wimbledon with a sign that said some stupid crap after venus won. take a reality pill and stop being a child. atleast im real.

:haha: :haha:

Sorry, any sane person thinks Yuri is an obnoxious bastard. It's common knowledge.

Do they really have a reality pills? Is that how you acheive reality?

Leopold Stotch
Feb 25th, 2005, 03:58 PM
some may think that repeating a bunch of horecrap 100x elevates the views of some sad reporter to "common knowledge" others are harder to fool. there's a media campaign against yuri going on at the moment.

Tati & Dani
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I hope maria doesn't have problems with him , if you know what i mean ... :(

thelittlestelf
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:31 PM
some may think that repeating a bunch of horecrap 100x elevates the views of some sad reporter to "common knowledge" others are harder to fool. there's a media campaign against yuri going on at the moment.

I haven't really read any articles about Yuri or the media surrounding him. I'm basing my opinion on him from all the times I've seen him at his daughter's matches.

He is insane.

selesbooz
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:50 PM
What tennis parent can you not say this about. they are all living their dreams throught their children, he is just the latest.

Bad tennis parents:
Richard Williams :rolleyes:
Melendy Moliter(SP) :lol:
Demir Dokic :fiery:
Mary Perice's Father :eek:
the Caprities (both of them) :tape:
and countless others

mandy7
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:57 PM
i'm surprised that you don't get a :cool: when you type :yuri:

:eek:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 25th, 2005, 04:58 PM
The same could be said for Richard Williams as well.

Ummmm....When have you ever seen Richard Williams shout obsenities at fans?? Or coach his daughters while they're playing??? Yuri never shuts up during matches, and it distracts the opposing players. I want to see Maria win a tournament without Yuri present.

selesbooz
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Ummmm....When have you ever seen Richard Williams shout obsenities at fans?? Or coach his daughters while they're playing??? Yuri never shuts up during matches, and it distracts the opposing players. I want to see Maria win a tournament without Yuri present.

I remember Serena getting a warning for Richard coaching, and she was complaining that she could not control him in the stands.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I remember Serena getting a warning for Richard coaching, and she was complaining that she could not control him in the stands.

I don't recall that, what tournament and what year was that?

selesbooz
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I do not remember what year or tournment, but is was like FO, Wimbledo, or the summer. Maybe USO. it was only a couple of years ago.

selesbooz
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:07 PM
she did get a warning for it and she was arguing with the chair.

Denise4925
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:14 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship: Even though they spelled his name wrong. :p

Denise4925
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Very much so. :lol:

Denise4925
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:17 PM
You can't even spell jealous. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:19 PM
What tennis parent can you not say this about. they are all living their dreams throught their children, he is just the latest.

Bad tennis parents:
Richard Williams :rolleyes:
Melendy Moliter(SP) :lol:
Demir Dokic :fiery:
Mary Perice's Father :eek:
the Caprities (both of them) :tape:
and countless others
You can't include Richard in your list because he has done nothing to harm his children, unlike those you've listed. He's gotten on Williams' hater's nerves, but he's not a bad parent. You have life and bullshit all mixed up. :wavey:

Denise4925
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:21 PM
When, liar?? What match was this? What tournament was this? Show something written up in the media. Give us a link so we can see for ourselves and don't have to take your fabricating word for it.

I hate a liar. There's nothing worse. :fiery:

Denise4925
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I do not remember what year or tournment, but is was like FO, Wimbledo, or the summer. Maybe USO. it was only a couple of years ago.
That is such a fucking lie. You can't even get it straight. :fiery:

matthias
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:41 PM
really true he really looks like this :cool: smilie

Leopold Stotch
Feb 25th, 2005, 05:46 PM
You can't even spell jealous. :rolleyes:

Yeah right, the small typo changes everything he said...

don't have anything against the williams (the jehova stuff is a bit weird, i admit) but there is a clear campaign to separate maria from her father. why has this become a contest about who is the "worse" tennis dad between the two.

selesbooz
Feb 25th, 2005, 07:46 PM

Your a fucking lie and your not even a Serena williams fan if you do not know that this happen. I do not remember what tournment it was at. I think that it may have been Wimbledon or the USO. She got a fucking warning for Richard coaching, she goes up to the chair and says that it was not her fault that he is doing that and she can not control what he does and she should not be punish because of it. This was at one the the last tournments that he was always at. Why i remember this is because i did not understand why she was so mad, it was just a warning. You need to go and check your fact before you call some one a lier. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

tennislover
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:01 PM
No. He doesn't smile. :p
:lol:
did you see him after last year Wimbledon final?

SzavayFi
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I really dont like that man one eensy weeny bit :D

Denise4925
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Your a fucking lie and your not even a Serena williams fan if you do not know that this happen. I do not remember what tournment it was at. I think that it may have been Wimbledon or the USO. She got a fucking warning for Richard coaching, she goes up to the chair and says that it was not her fault that he is doing that and she can not control what he does and she should not be punish because of it. This was at one the the last tournments that he was always at. Why i remember this is because i did not understand why she was so mad, it was just a warning. You need to go and check your fact before you call some one a lier. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:
You need to check your facts. Prove this happened. You can't because you're a liar. You can't even say which tournament it was at. :rolleyes:

tennislover
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:51 PM
http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/calo_nord.jpg

This is Yuri in private.

:lol:

what's that? He is an alien creature?

Bart
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:54 PM
he looks :cool: when his daughter is winning a match and :fiery: (on Maria's opponent) when she's losing a match

faste5683
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:58 PM

Actually, it's not a lie.

"One lineswoman approached the umpire three times to say that Richard Williams was coaching from his front-row seat and, as such, exerting undue influence."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-629300,00.html

"Nothing was done because, well, it would take a courageous umpire to rebuke the man arguably more powerful than Larry Scott, now officially installed as chairman and chief executive of the WTA."

:wavey:

Denise4925
Feb 25th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Actually, it's not a lie.

"One lineswoman approached the umpire three times to say that Richard Williams was coaching from his front-row seat and, as such, exerting undue influence."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-629300,00.html

"Nothing was done because, well, it would take a courageous umpire to rebuke the man arguably more powerful than Larry Scott, now officially installed as chairman and chief executive of the WTA."

:wavey:
My apologies to selesbooz for calling you a liar, but I'd never heard of that and I am a staunch Serena fan, also you couldn't produce any proof. A lot of people tell lies about the Williams. Especially people with as many red dots as you have.

Thanks for the article, Ed. This was at the Nasdaq '03? I've never heard of this controversy and again, it's one person's word (the linesman) against another. However, I've never seen Richard say two words at any tournament unless he's talking to the person next to him. He's too busy filming and taking pictures to be coaching and I highly doubt he would need to coach the No. 1 player in the world at the time, with her having come off a victory at the AO '03. I've never seen him yelling anything at Vee and Rena.

Richard was "undoubtedly" calling the shots and the umpire was too afraid to rebuke him because he is arguably more powerful than Larry Scott? This statement is just hard to believe. I saw that final and do not remember this happening. Neither do I remember Serena arguing with the umpire or her getting a warning for any coaching. But, I guess it did.

tennislover
Feb 25th, 2005, 09:20 PM
he looks :cool: when his daughter is winning a match and :fiery: (on Maria's opponent) when she's losing a match

yeahhhhh......