PDA

View Full Version : Who will suffer from the heat, Alicia or Lindsay?

lili123
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I think Lindsay could suffer if it gets too hot, l just think Alicia can somehow stand the heat, if she keeps lindsay out there for a while who knows what effect it could have on the match.

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Lindsay is one of the best heat players out there. I'll never forget a match I attended in New Haven where the temperature went up to over 115 F, around 45 celsius. She beat Dementieva 6-4 6-2. Heat isn't a problem for Lindsay.

Jakeev
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Considering I have never seen Lindsay look sick on court, I can't say this will bother her at all.

Linds is very healthy folks so don't fret too much about the heat.

jonny84
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Alicia will be able to stand it much more because she will be used to the Australian weather whereas Lindsay is not but i dont think it will let it affect her far too much.

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Alicia will be able to stand it much more because she will be used to the Australian weather whereas Lindsay is not but i dont think it will let it affect her far too much. You're obviously not familiar with Southern California in the summer.

faboozadoo15
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:21 PM
lindsay is actually an excellent heat player. people often tend to think the bigger players are the most affected, but really, seles was better in the heat than hingis ever was (just an example). lindsay's opponents grow weary because her ball is heavier than theirs is, and usually her opponents are doing more work. if they were both using the same amount of energy, lindsay would get tired first, but it doesn't work like that.

faboozadoo15
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:22 PM
You're obviously not familiar with Southern California in the summer.
just what i was thinking.

thelittlestelf
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:25 PM
It won't affect either. Lindsay has no problem with heat, and Alicia is a native Australian, so she must be used to the heat.

jenny161185
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Both are used to heat but who knows everyone gets effected differently in different situations