PDA

View Full Version : Now this is getting stupid...Davenport's doubles semi on SHOW COURT 3?!

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm really beginning to think now that they have a personal vendetta against her or something:rolleyes:

She's the last match on show court 3...right after four "Legends doubles" matches lol. I'm sorry, they can put Girls doubles on MCA, they can put no namers playng mixed doubles on Vodafone, and they can put mens doubles on RLA...but the #1 player in the world gets booted to the equivalent of court 10 at the US Open:o

LostInThe80s
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:06 PM
I love Linds but she really does need to start being controversial. :tape: :angel:

lindsayno1
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:15 PM
lol she can be ;)

!<blocparty>!
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:16 PM
She's on RLA for a huge singles match, I'll be watching her on TV anyway! A doubles title would just be a bonus.

MLF
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:16 PM
I'm sure Lindsay desn't really care as long as she gets a practice hit on match day on whichever court she's due to play her singles on before the actual match.

I feel more sorry for Michaela Pastikova & Gabriela Navratilova. Making the semis of the doubles in a slam is probably going to be their career highlight and it's a shame they couldn't have had the chance to play it on a bigger court with a bigger crowd.

Martian Melissa
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:35 PM
First i thougt the lindsayfans were exagerating (sp?) but this is getting really annoying now!I think that you deserve to be on one of the best showcourts as the number one player of the world!

Hayato
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:48 PM
She can't be on Rod Laver Arena for every single match she plays :rolleyes:

BrknRacketStrngs
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:16 PM
I agree that it is pretty bad. They could have still scheduled her last on a better court! Come on!

alexusjonesfan
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Was the parking lot already booked lol?

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Actually you do realise Lindsay has only played on RLA once in the whole tournament? It was her first round singles match against Conchita Martinez under lights (might I add) - today will be her 2nd match there (while Alicia's played all her singles matches on RLA and all but one doubles match in VA)

That was in her first round match.

The rest of the times she's played:

2 singles matches on VA,
1 doubles match on VA,
1 Singles and Doubles match on MCA,
1 Doubles match on Show Court 3
2nd round Doubles Match on Court 7.

Her SF doubles match will be the 2nd time she's played on Show Court 3.

So even if I wasn't a Lindsay fan I'd say there's something a bit suspicious with that :)

martinafan
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:21 AM
The reason why the mens doubles is on RLA is that today is Australia Day, so they put Woodbridge on RLA......so that one i can definitely understand!

Don't know why she isn't on MCA or something though.....????

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Well Alicia got MCA so that's why she's not on there.

If the mercury keeps rising like it is - I've got a feeling Vodafone Arena will be used again like yesterday - and that could be when the doubles matches are on, etc.

switz
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:41 AM
do people ever stop bloody whinging on this board. they need to give alicia and lindsay late doubles matches - obviously alicia is going to get the bigger court because she's australian and it's a far better match as well involving 4 top 12 singles players.

vodafone arena is not being used and show court 2 and 3 are exactly the same so i don't see what you're complaining about.

Hayato
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:42 AM
STOP WHINING!

Today is AUSTRALIA DAY, so they have Todd Woodbridge, Alicia Molik and Lleyton Hewitt on court.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:54 AM
STOP WHINING!

Today is AUSTRALIA DAY, so they have Todd Woodbridge, Alicia Molik and Lleyton Hewitt on court.
Fine, I understand that part. That doesn't explain all the other times Lindsay has been relegated to smaller courts and it DEFINITELY doesn't explain why she can't at least be put on MCA.

Secondly, show court 2 is not the same as show court 3. It's bigger by at least a few hundred seats and as far as space on the court. Lindsay should at least be put on there. They can put fuckin Ayumi Morita on that court, but not the #1 player in the world.

Andrew.
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:19 AM
I bet if Davenport would be number 3 or 4, no one would talk about this... People are too much into the fact that she's number one in the world. But let's be serious, her ranking is totally meaningless; she's neither the player people talk about, nor the dominant one in important tournaments. Lindsay won seven tournaments in 2004. At 28.

From July on, she WAS the dominant player.

She is #1. And will be at the end of this tournament.

Andrew.
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:28 AM
She's reached the semifinals in the last two slams she's played - more than anyone else in the top 3 has done.

Andrew.
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:32 AM
And...? That doesn't make her "dominant". And does that suddently mean all her double matches should be on one of the 3 top courts? She's not even playing with a top name. I really want to know the difference between playing in front of 100 people on court 3 and playing in front of 100 people on MCA. Did I say there was any?

gossipcom
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Okay just a dumb question for people watching the tennis (as I'm refusing to watch it today - well the day session at least) , I was wondering if the extreme heat rule policy is in place?

It's just all the matches scheduled on the outside courts, don't seem to be taking place at the moment.

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Sorry but honest with all of you who whining over scheduling, you guys are pathetic! :rolleyes:

Rtael
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:01 AM
do people ever stop bloody whinging on this board. they need to give alicia and lindsay late doubles matches - obviously alicia is going to get the bigger court because she's australian and it's a far better match as well involving 4 top 12 singles players.

vodafone arena is not being used and show court 2 and 3 are exactly the same so i don't see what you're complaining about.

Stop using the word whinging! I now fully admit it's a word, but I find it bloody annoying... :angel: