PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time Venus.......

vickiebos
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:53 PM
beat a top ten player. I think she is fooling herself if she thinks she is playing good. I have always rooted for her, but over the past year I have been really disappointed.

Chunchun
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:58 PM
d. Kuznetsova in HK 05 5-7 6-2 7-6(5) :D

xr6turbo
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:31 PM
About 2 weeks ago :) :wavey:

kabuki
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:33 PM
beat a top ten player. I think she is fooling herself if she thinks she is playing good. I have always rooted for her, but over the past year I have been really disappointed.

Well, I can see we're picking up today right where we left off yesterday. :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Exhiitions don't count. Venus might have been on drugs after all. :)

Jaime Bahena
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Venus has finally admitted it to herself, that she's no longer capable of being "top dog." Unfortunately, she's slowly being ushered out of the game by her little sistah. Richard Williams is to blame: Remember his quote, "Venus gonna be #1, and Serena gonna be #2...." Way to go, Dad.

jonny84
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Venus just had to much time out through injury and struggled to get back - though she did win two titles which proves that she is still a top player even though other players have taken over.

thelittlestelf
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Venus has finally admitted it to herself, that she's no longer capable of being "top dog." Unfortunately, she's slowly being ushered out of the game by her little sistah. Richard Williams is to blame: Remember his quote, "Venus gonna be #1, and Serena gonna be #2...." Way to go, Dad.Don't remember her ever admitting that.

Jan 25th, 2005, 03:59 PM
d. Kuznetsova in HK 05 5-7 6-2 7-6(5) :D
now we are counting exos?
How desperate are you?! :rolleyes: :D
that's worse than counting jrs. A match at the Williams sisters Ronald McDonald tour sure means a lot :)

tennis ace
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:41 PM
now we are counting exos?
How desperate are you?! :rolleyes: :D
that's worse than counting jrs. A match at the Williams sisters Ronald McDonald tour sure means a lot :)
ok and had venus lost that match you would be talking about how she should retire and the game has past her by :rolleyes:

xr6turbo
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:44 PM
ok and had venus lost that match you would be talking about how she should retire and the game has past her by :rolleyes:
:worship:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM
To answer the question, I believe it was her SF victory over Kim Clijsters at Wimbledon in 2003.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Venus has finally admitted it to herself, that she's no longer capable of being "top dog." Unfortunately, she's slowly being ushered out of the game by her little sistah. Richard Williams is to blame: Remember his quote, "Venus gonna be #1, and Serena gonna be #2...." Way to go, Dad.

Actually Richard Williams said Serena will be the better player and win more titles than Venus, or something like that. I'm definately sure he said that Serena was the better player out of the two.

xr6turbo
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Actually Richard Williams said Serena will be the better player and win more titles than Venus, or something like that. I'm definately sure he said that Serena was the better player out of the two.
I think he said something along the lines of.. Serena will be the better player, but Venus will be the champion.. :)

Rtael
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:15 AM
I think he said smth like Venus was gonna be good first, but eventually Serena would overtake her.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Exhiitions don't count. Venus might have been on drugs after all. :)

When has Venus ever been accused of being on drugs??? And please tell me how being on performance enhancing drugs helps you commit less unforced errors and have a better technical serve.

TM
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:02 AM

Yeah I'll admit her movement isn't the same when she dominated in 2001 and with Serena in 2002, it's hard. Someone very close to you murdered while recovering from serious injuries. Who's fooling who? She is playing good. She's not playing her best but she's playing good.

SHE'LL PLAY!! :fiery:

:kiss:

you'll see :)

venus_rulez
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Richard has also been quoted as saying that when Venus comes to play no one can touch her, not even Serena, but that she has to decide to play.