PDA

View Full Version : What an insult!

Scotso
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Putting a doubles match on center court and Dechy vs. Schnyder on MCA!

It's a QUARTERFINAL! And the ONLY one that HASN'T been on center court!

:fiery:

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:22 PM
This is the case too with Lindsay who's only played once on RL

volta
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:23 PM
donīt know whatīs wrong with the organization this year. they are being 2 dam desrespectful to the womens matchs

bovina_forever
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:25 PM
This is the case too with Lindsay who's only played once on RL
She plays after the doubles on RL

switz
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:29 PM
i considered writing a thread like this but then i thought that they are only doing it to increase the incentive for people to buy ground passes tomorrow rather than trying to insult women's tennis. it's australia day tomorrow so it's a public holiday which means that in reality the crowd for this match will be a much better than if it were the first match on rod laver because unlike people with centre court tickets this is only singles match on offer + it kind is less exciting than molik/davenport; hewitt/nalbandian to the general aus public. although roddick/davy is not very exciting.

of course i would prefer patty to be on rod laver but i don't think it's as bad as it seems.

Chunchun
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:30 PM
:tape: :lol:

switz
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:32 PM
:tape: :lol:

and elena can enjoy all the action on tv

Scotso
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
switz, that doesn't many any sense. if that were the case, one of the men's matches would be out there now. how many people are going to buy a grounds pass to see this match and some juniors? (granted I would, but I'm a huge Dechy fan)

I still believe it's an insult to the two of them. All the other quarterfinals have been on RL.

I won't forget this :mad:

jonny84
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Should have followed the first quarter final match on RL court, just like yesterday. They reached the quarter finals regardless of their ranking and they should be shown the respect and honour they deserve.

switz
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:58 PM
switz, that doesn't many any sense. if that were the case, one of the men's matches would be out there now. how many people are going to buy a grounds pass to see this match and some juniors? (granted I would, but I'm a huge Dechy fan)

I still believe it's an insult to the two of them. All the other quarterfinals have been on RL.

I won't forget this :mad:

well that's a bit wrong as they would also see a lot of quality doubles matches including alcia molik/kuznetsova/myskina/zvonareva. there is also a concert with a lot of australian music stars etc so they want people to turn up. patty is very popular in australia as well btw.

as much as i love patty and really like nat the reality is that to a non tennis diehard fan it is the least interesting match and i wasn't shocked not to see it on rod laver.

i'm not saying they shouldn't be on rod laver but i think it's more of a financial decision than it is a personal attack on the girls.

gorecki
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:15 PM
at first i thought it looked like a slight towards Patty & Nathalie

but i do see switz's point
and both ladies QF are scheduled to start at the same time
and they'd have to play their semi on Thursday yes?

SelesFan70
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:06 PM
They could have put them on Vodafone... :o And to schedule them AFTER a junior match? :rolleyes:

But go Donald Young, Jr. :banana:

fammmmedspin
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:17 PM
What I find strange is that both matches are schedule at the same time?! It sucks for womens tennis fans. If Dechy vs Schnyder would have been at 11am, there's probably would have been 10 people in the stands... Even when the shocking Graf/Seles 1/4 final match was at 11 am, the stands were half empty, so imagine for schnyder/Dechy.

They should have put it at like 2h30 on Margaret Court, instead of 1h00... So that way, womens tennis fans get to see both matches.
When is their SF (I get lost with Australian time as thedays are different too)? If its 24 hours later its fairer to put them both on at the same time. If not its plain bad - particularly as they know the crowd likes Patty. It just makes it more certain Alicia has the advantage of knowing the Rod Laver court better for any SF or Final as she has played more singles. and doubles, on it.

lizchris
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I agree it is an insult. If both quarterfinals from the bottom half could be put on Rod Laver, then why not put both quarterfinal matches from the top half on the same court?

John.
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Is this the first time this has happened at the AO? I can never remember a QF not being on Centre, at least in recent years.

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:12 AM
It's Australia Day :)