PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharpova is pretty and all that...

Doraemon
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:02 AM
but her game is not! Her game lacks variety. Every time I see her play, I feel bored and eventually sleepy. Sorry, I really don't enjoy her game at all. Her deafning gruntin doesn't help either... I think if she had the looks of Franny Schiavone "the late gunter", she wouldn't get nearly as much publicity. I really wish she would look like that friendly Franny.

random_dude
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:22 AM
i agree. her grunting is horrible.

tennislover
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:25 AM
but her game is not! Her game lacks variety. Every time I see her play, I feel bored and eventually sleepy. Sorry, I really don't enjoy her game at all. Her deafning gruntin doesn't help either... I think if she had the looks of Franny Schiavone "the late gunter", she wouldn't get nearly as much publicity. I really wish she would look like that friendly Franny.

my dear, most of all modern tennis lacks variety......
about grunting, i don't like it as well

Maria Croft
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:26 AM
grunt away Maria !! I love it !!!!

tennislover
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:29 AM
grunt away Maria !! I love it !!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

volta
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:30 AM
you know what i dont like Maria all that much but i can handle her as far as her father EW he makes me sick

tennislover
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:31 AM
you know what i dont like Maria all that much but i can handle her as far as her father EW he makes me sick

yes i find him not much nice too....

random_dude
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:33 AM
yes her father is seriously creepy :unsure:

ajayares
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Try sitting in the stands and listen to it, it is 10 times worst, then on TV. People actually leave and don't watch her play, because of her grunt and you really can't blame them either, it is just horrible,(I am not talking about the teenage boys, but just general tennis fan, who go every year, regardless of who is playing) if it was a normal grunt, it wouldn't bother you, but it is not.

tennislover
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Try sitting in the stands and listen to it, it is 10 times worst, then on TV. People actually leave and don't watch her play, because of her grunt and you really can't blame them either, it is just horrible,(I am not talking about the teenage boys, but just general tennis fan, who go every year, regardless of who is playing) if it was a normal grunt, it wouldn't bother you, but it is not.

it's very loud.......but is it louder than Monica's?

ajayares
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Probably on a par, but that isn't the problem, who's is louder or not, it is the noise that she makes, I am not going to describe it, but it is unique, no body grunts like her, others may be as loud, (lee-waters for example)

Lachrymarum
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah....that Maria girl makes me.....:crazy:
Maybe her grunting will lessen as she ages??? Can only hope!!
;)

kabuki
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry, but that is not a grunt. That is a screech. They should sell earplugs at the concession stands.

DevilishAttitude
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Maria hits the ball hard. That's it. I've only ever seen her play 1 match with variety against Mauresmo in YEC and she lost

Her grunts are beyond stupid now tight 1st set yes tight match yes crushing her opponent NO :o

BTW talking about Schiavone could you imagine the grunting in a match between her and Maria :tape: Knowing Fran she'd probably complain about Maria's too :lol: ;)

Jaime Bahena
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry, but that is not a grunt. That is a screech. They should sell earplugs at the concession stands.

... and binoculars as well.

Experimentee
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Her grunt is not normal, it is a very high pitched squeal which makes it uncomfortable and piercing on the ears. I'm surprised not many players have compained about it because it would drive me crazy if i had to listen to those screams while I'm trying to play a match.
Other players grunt as loud, but not as high pitched, so it sounds ok.

Martian Jeza
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:50 PM

Less anoying than the sisters ones

thelittlestelf
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM
NO! Definitely not!

Sharapova's grunt is the most overrated grunt i have ever seen. It's not even that loud!!!

Monica knew how to GRUNT! We need you back Monica! :worship:

satori
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:55 PM

Wait..... I'm sorry..... who said/thinks Maria Sharapova is pretty?????? I'd be the first to admit that she has fantastic legs, but with her stringy hair and scrunched face, I just don't see it

No REALLY.... this, is pretty???????

bis2806
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:39 PM
I don't see the big deal about her grunting. I mean obviously it's loud, but that's exciting. And commentators were saying that Australian TV viewers have been complaining to the network about maria's grunts. They could've just muted off their tvs... what's the point of complaining?

Prizeidiot
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:06 AM
I don't see the big deal about her grunting. I mean obviously it's loud, but that's exciting. And commentators were saying that Australian TV viewers have been complaining to the network about maria's grunts. They could've just muted off their tvs... what's the point of complaining?
Maybe they wanted to hear commentary, or the ball being hit, or the crowd.... I think Navratilova made a very interesting point. Grunting is probably ok until its so loud that the opponent can't hear the noise the ball is making on the racket. Because that noise tells the player about the type of spin or lackthereof that has been put on the ball.

ginger_fish668
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:30 AM
If you don't like watching Maria, the don't! No one's got a gun to your head. If you've gotta watch but don't wanna hear her screams, then turn the volume down. Or use earplugs. ;)

And most Maria fans don't like her father much anyways...I certainly don't.

Dan23
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Nice to see another thread with the same replies as the last time there was a thread about Maria's grunting :wavey:
Could have just bumped one of the others..:p

Lemonskin.
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Nice to see another thread with the same replies as the last time there was a thread about Maria's grunting :wavey:
Could have just bumped one of the others..:p
:lol:

Andy.
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I personally find her game (C~c) awesome i like just watching players who just hit hard and go for flat drives. I find Variety boring, Slice and high topspin is not that fun to watch in my opinion thats why i think Mauresmo and to a lesser extent alicia Molik are boring to watch.