PDA

View Full Version : Masha: "I came out to be No.1 in the world. It's only a matter of time, & I know it."

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Volley Girl

1 September 2003

Maria Sharapova has a big opportunity at this month's US Open. But until she holds up the trophy, the 16-year old tennis star - six feet tall and beautiful a la Kim Alexis in her modelling prime - may be more widely recognised as the shrieking second coming of Monica Seles. This June at Wimbledon, Sharapova struck her way into the fourth round, and when she finally lost, she walked away with a new nickname: 'The Queen of Scream.' (She has received warnings following complaints not only from opponents but even from players on nearby courts. A British newspaper went so far as to bring a decibel counter to her matches.)

'I've always done it,' she says. 'But the press needed a new scoop, and I guess that was me.' Soon enough, they'll be writing about her tennis. The Siberian-born Sharapova's brilliant, muscular play at Wimbledon convinced many commentators that a worthy successor to the Williams sisters has finally arrived.

A successor to Anna Kournikova had arrived, too. While Sharapova bristles at comparisons to tennis's perky but feckless pin-up, the similarities are striking. Both are blond, bombshell Russian graduates of Nick Bollettieri's Florida academy; both have a knack for attracting the tabloids, and both exploded as 16-year-olds at Wimbledon. But Sharapova is focused on beating Serena Williams, not landing on the cover of Maxim.

'I have no doubt that I can beat Serena,' says Sharapova, whose intimidating solemnity and almost scornful confidence on the court resemble two of Williams's most fearsome qualities. 'I came out to be No.1 in the world,' she adds. 'It's only a matter of time, and I know it.'

PS. I just want to post this old article because it's very likely that Masha will become a new world #1 in the near future.

Very few people in September 2003 believed Masha would be able to beat Serena in the next year and become a #1 at such a young age.

10nisfanofruz
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I saw a show which Maria<16yrs old> gave an interview. She said that she will win Wimbledon and US Open in two years.
And she did it!!! As 17 yrs old ,she won Wimbledon but we'll see if she will win US Open. ;)

heartBREAKeRS
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:04 AM
She is dreamin BIG time

jrm
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Talk about modesty - now i wish Serena would TRASH her (and i don't even like Serena)

tennislover
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Sharapova has got definetely clear ideas........

volta
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:24 AM
talking about arrogance.......

tennislover
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:27 AM
talking about arrogance.......

you are right but, on the other hand, but Serena said the very same things at least 1,000 times.......

fifiricci
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Good for Sharapova: that's exactly the kind of mentality you need to be the best in a competitive environment! What's the fucking point of going on court with Serena et al unless you have self belief and self confidence by the gallon?

I don't see there is anything to criticise here. Any player who wants to succeed should be thinking/talking like this!

:rolleyes:

TartarVicario
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Where is the respect?

tennislover
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Good for Sharapova: that's exactly the kind of mentality you need to be the best in a competitive environment! What's the fucking point of going on court with Serena et al unless you have self belief and self confidence by the gallon?

I don't see there is anything to criticise here. Any player who wants to succeed should be thinking/talking like this!

I agree

Wiggly
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Go Serena :)

Julia1968
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Volley Girl

'I have no doubt that I can beat Serena,' says Sharapova, whose intimidating solemnity and almost scornful confidence on the court resemble two of Williams's most fearsome qualities. 'I came out to be No.1 in the world,' she adds. 'It's only a matter of time, and I know it.'

Wow!

This statement reminds me of a 17 year old Stefanie Graf who commented something similar about Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert upon her rise in the sport. Graf was not intimidated by Evert or Navratilova.

When Sharapova says, "It's only a matter of time", she speaks far beyond her years. Even the most ardent fan of Sharapova or S. Williams know that this statement is true. 17 year old Sharapova represents the future of the WTA. Her results speak for themselves.

And while Sharapova will lose occasionally at big tournaments, she understands that eventually her game willl break through and overtake the current crop of the WTA.

Some will call her arrogant, but its obvious Sharapova understands and accepts that her game will get even better in the short-term, better enough to assume her spot as #1 in Women's tennis. And why not??? Coming from a 17-year old Wimbledon champion????

RAA
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:00 PM
well she has backed up most of what she has said that is for sure..

I think this next match up will be GREAT..

jonny84
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Should be a great semi-final.

Serena will want to beat Sharapova so badly and get a slam again, while Sharapova is desparate to be #1.

Roll on Thursday!

starr
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Didn't both Venus and Serena and their father say things like this when they first started playing professional tennis?

I distinctly remember Richard Williams say that Venus and Serena would be number one and number two and would play the finals of every grand slam for 5 years.

I don't think it's necessary to talk the way Maria talked to the press in order to become a number one player. But, what she did seems to be pretty common place these days. Maybe Steffi set the tone. ;)

Jaime Bahena
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:30 PM
She is dreamin BIG time

Anything wrong with that?

hablo
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Please Serena (even though I don't like you!), you'd better kick some ass in your next match ;) :lol:

Poor Momo, injuries: same old story! I didn't get to see the match but the score sucks BIG TIME! Get it together! :o :rolleyes:

bandabou
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Nice for her....that's the spirit. Funny how back then Richard was called arrogant and all....nice to see that the world has evolved or hasn't it?

harloo
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Wow such acceptance of such arrogant statements. It proves once again how fake some posters are. For shame!!

!<blocparty>!
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Nice for her....that's the spirit. Funny how back then Richard was called arrogant and all....nice to see that the world has evolved or hasn't it?

Well, this comment comes from a grand slam champion.

BTW, do you know when Richard said them comments bandabou?

thelittlestelf
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Honestly, Sharapova is no more arrogant than Serena, Hingis, Capriati, Seles, Graf, Navratilova, or Venus when they were her age.

edit: She is just more obnoxious.

Becool
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Wow such acceptance of such arrogant statements. It proves once again how fake some posters are. For shame!!
Yeah, I'm just as surprised..:tape:

backhanddtl4
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:01 PM
She lost to Loit at that tournament. LOL

Serendy Willick
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Amen

Heres to Serena using this as bulliten board material to kick Hyperovas ass.

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Once RG comes around, your ranking starts to die, dear. :)

Strange Famous
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:18 PM
any great sports star has to have a degree of arrogance. you dont win grand slams by being humble and meek.

LeRoy.
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Why are we posting articles from 2003 ? Its 2005.

Lol @ people (Lol@people) calling her arrogant based on these remarks. If not anything it just proves that she is not all talk but CAN actually do as she says she can. In 2005 she has a winning record , having won the last two encounters and is ranked # 3 in the world and could get to # 1 quiet soon.

LeRoy.
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Lindsay has a lot to defend this year too. :)

thelittlestelf
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:21 PM
any great sports star has to have a degree of arrogance. you dont win grand slams by being humble and meek.
Lindsay Davenport won 3.

bandabou
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Well, this comment comes from a grand slam champion.

BTW, do you know when Richard said them comments bandabou?

16 year old and already wimbledon champ? thought she was already 17 when she won wimbledon...

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Lindsay has a lot to defend this year too. :) I don't think Lindsay was declaring her supremicy above the rest of women's tennis.

And who mentioned Lindsay in here? :confused:

Martian Willow
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Intriguingly, the people accusing Maria of arrogance are the same people who complain vehemently when their own faves are called the same. :)

LindsayRocks89
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:28 PM
well Maria, i like you, but i hope you lose, Serena has no doubt she can beat you either, and she wants to be number 1 again, so watch out

make it a great match ladies :)

416_Man
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Sharapova has too big a mouth and hasn't shown ENOUGH times to boast. Serena does a little too much, but then again she's one each slam, and then some. I hate to say it, but i hope Serena dominates her.... I wonder how Justine and Kim will fare against Sharapova.

bovina_forever
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:34 PM
really who does not come out with the idea to become number one no turns pro and says i going to be number 101 most players have that killer instinct but only some can make it work.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:40 PM
16 year old and already wimbledon champ? thought she was already 17 when she won wimbledon...

She reached her targets and did exactly what she said she was going to do.

I think if any tennis parent came out and said that his/her two daughters were going to be numbers one two in the world, they'd get some weird looks and comments.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Why are we posting articles from 2003 ? Its 2005.
Because I like it.
most players have that killer instinct but only some can make it work.
And this another reason why I like those Masha's quotes.

faboozadoo15
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:41 AM
you really think she'll have a problem getting to the quarters? maybe there's some validity to that... but i think she's a lock to hold that out. then, even if she doesn't win wimbmeon, there are SO many opportunities for her to gain points between wimbledon and the yec.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:45 AM
you really think she'll have a problem getting to the quarters?
I think Masha can play well at the French Open if it doesn't rain before her matches.

jj74
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:36 AM
What's wrong with that? She obviously can beat Serena, she did it before. And yes the key for her success is not being intimidated, Serena intimidate most of the players (with the exception of Justine) and this is very important because some players have the game to beat Serena but mentally they are defeated even before the game.
I remember watching a documentary about M Navratilova, and Pam Shriver said that most of the players (even Evert sometimes) were intimidated by Martina's game, but Graf wasn't intimidated at all, and that was a big difference.

Junex
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:21 AM

Unfortunately it hasn't.
just on this thread, a lot had been said already about how arrogant Maria is.
people never learn...tsk...tsk...

VeraNuVirgosFan
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Maria will move to a career high of #2 in the next WTA rankings!

4th April 2005

When the new rankings after Amelia Island are released next week Maria will climb to a career high of #2 because Amelie Mauresmo reached the final there last year and isn't playing this year. Maria will have 4892 points to Mauresmo's 4808. Congratulations Maria!

from www.mariaworld.net

Congratulations, Masha!!

It's very nice to see that you're almost there!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Last year Masha didn't play any tournament in April, and again this year she won't play any tournament this month.

Maybe she just prefers to relax the whole month because her birthday is in April?

syd
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Last year Masha didn't play any tournament in April, and again this year she won't play any tournament this month.
Maybe she just prefers to relax the whole month because her birthday is in April? or may be she doesn't like a lot claycourt tournaments so she avoids some of them!!

jrm
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
JHH - come back strong and beat this ego girl where it would hurt the most ... her big mouth!!! God, i even prefer Serena over her!!!

syd
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:46 AM
JHH - come back strong and beat this ego girl where it would hurt the most ... her big mouth!!! God, i even prefer Serena over her!!!
:fiery: :fiery:

Julia1968
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:56 AM
you are right but, on the other hand, but Serena said the very same things at least 1,000 times.......

Exactly.

And so did Stefanie Graf when she was 17 as she began her climb, and so did Martina Hingis and just about every other teenager who won a major before their 18th birthday.

Brandon85
Apr 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM
She is dreamin BIG timewhatever you're a hater!

VRee_Willario
Apr 6th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Oh, Maria's lying!

Dasha_
Apr 6th, 2005, 12:35 PM

But here is the difference: SERENA WAS #1, and she will be #1 again this year, and sharapova will never be #1, she is not the best off them all!

Now all off you sharapova fans bad rep me, as you always do. Maybe some day you will learn how to accept the thruth.

gary
Apr 6th, 2005, 12:58 PM
But here is the difference: SERENA WAS #1, and she will be #1 again this year, and sharapova will never be #1, she is not the best off them all!

Now all off you sharapova fans bad rep me, as you always do. Maybe some day you will learn how to accept the thruth.

how do you know Serena will be #1 again this year?
how do you know Maria will never be #1?

let's see how will happen in this year, don't judge it so fast
we'll never know what will happen in the future,ok??

although I don't like Serena,but I think she'll be #1 again in the future.

mousee
Apr 6th, 2005, 01:01 PM
who said she doesnt care about ranking at the beginning of 2005?
sry, but masha+co should sit down and settle what who says :yawn:
we all know she would kill to be #1, so why this :shrug:

rjd1111
Apr 6th, 2005, 01:41 PM
What's wrong with that? She obviously can beat Serena, she did it before. And yes the key for her success is not being intimidated, Serena intimidate most of the players (with the exception of Justine) and this is very important because some players have the game to beat Serena but mentally they are defeated even before the game.
I remember watching a documentary about M Navratilova, and Pam Shriver said that most of the players (even Evert sometimes) were intimidated by Martina's game, but Graf wasn't intimidated at all, and that was a big difference.
\

With the exception of Justine? Since When is Justine Such aThreat to Serena.
She has never beaten Serena on anything but Clay and had to cheat to do that. She did nearly all of her Winning when Serena was not there. By the way She is also 1-7 against Venus.

Slumpsova
Apr 6th, 2005, 03:34 PM
and you said Sesil has big mouth :rolleyes:

V-MAC
Apr 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
:yawn: i'm getting a little bored with Maria at the moment :(

GoDominique
Apr 6th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Are you blind or did you miss ALL the replies before you that suggested the opposite. :rolleyes:
It's a reflex. :lol:

GoDominique
Apr 6th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I wonder if posters like harloo are programs that generates automatic replies depending of the topic,

Like: "[if there is a player other than Venus and Serena who is arrogant], post something about double standard, else [if Venus and Serena are arrogant], defend them by saying they're just confident and the haters will always find something to bitch about".
Yes they are.

Some of them have a third option. It goes like this:

blah
:lol: :lol: :lol: :worship: :worship: :worship:

creep
Apr 6th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I like her as a professional tennis player. I wish I had her confidence whenever I was 18. And most of the #1 players within the game in the open era have all had that little touch of arrogance/killer instinct. Most have all been loathed (except with their own fan bases). But most have also been admired for what they achieved in the sport.
So much of what today’s players have to say is reported by the sports press, it would have been very interesting to read what players in the 70’s early 80’s had to say. On their own ability and attitude.

AkademiQ
Apr 6th, 2005, 06:49 PM

Definitely.

WIMBLY2004
Apr 6th, 2005, 10:31 PM

Maybe you are the one needs to learn how to accept the truth, you are all about denying here :rolleyes:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Apr 7th, 2005, 04:30 AM
who said she doesnt care about ranking at the beginning of 2005?
I also want to know: Who said that?
sry, but masha+co should sit down and settle what who says
we all know she would kill to be #1
That's right!! (See the below quote):
"Every day in my mind I want to get to No. 1. It doesn't matter if it's now, or tomorrow or any time, but when I'm on court, I'm thinking I want to be No. 1 and win. And if you're always winning, you will be No. 1."

- Sharapova told tennisreporters. net in February 2004 from the Kroger St. Jude in Memphis.

andrewbroad
Apr 11th, 2005, 12:56 AM
The Siberian-born Sharapova's brilliant, muscular play at Wimbledon convinced many commentators that a worthy successor to the Williams sisters has finally arrived.

Muscular? :cuckoo:

Maria's power comes from timing and natural flair, unlike some of her contemporaries!

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/shara/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/shara/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sizzlingsharapova/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sizzlingsharapova/)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:08 AM
Maшa, congratulations on becoming the first ever Russian world #1!!

Masha, congratulations on becoming the first ever Russian world #1!!

Very well done with becoming #1 at 18!!

Keep It Up!!

Yдaчи u уcпеxoв!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:10 AM
sharapova will never be #1
Never ever!!

selking
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:14 AM
haha Now this is a good bump. I love these.

ivanovic
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:33 AM
Good, now she can retire

SoMuchEyeCandy
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:35 AM
Good, now she can retire

Lets hope so. ;)

Andy.
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:01 AM
Congratulations Masha im so proud of you for getting to number 1

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:05 AM
She is dreamin BIG time

sure she is... I wonder if she is a Goddess... cause she should become number 1 tomorrow... :tape:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:06 AM
Never ever!!

That is so freaking hilarious! :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by dasha_yu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: CONGRATS MASHA!!! :worship: :bounce:

Paldias
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:36 AM
:lol: This is going to burn bad for some people :p I'm not a Sharapova fan but :tape: this thread is hilarious

:haha:

thedlr
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:45 AM
This was all part of K-LinaŠpremFan's master plan muahahaha :devil:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:17 AM
As you only became a member a week ago on 15th August, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the WTAworld.com board!!

lindsayno1
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:31 AM
enjoy being number one for a week!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:33 AM

Let me correct you... it was all part of K-LinaŠpremFan's brilliant forecast muahahaha :devil:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:35 AM

well.. but for now... you can change your name and your siganture cause almighty lindsay is number 2

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:48 AM
Thank you!

Actually we don't really care if it's just "for a week".

The most important thing for us is she became #1 at 18 because at this age she will have other chances to become #1 again later in her career.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:51 AM
Thank you!

Actually we don't really care if it's just "for a week".

The most important thing for us is she became #1 at 18 because at this age she will have other chances to become #1 again later in her career.

ouch.... that hurts for lindsay number one.. cause you are very right. She just has to pull of an ellite performance at the US Open and YEC... and she'll keep it for quite a while.

Portobello
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:07 AM
Lets hope so. ;)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Portobello
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:12 AM
well.. but for now... you can change your name and your siganture cause almighty lindsay is number 2
Ohhhh that's hurt :crying2: :crying2: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahah Maybe I should change my avatar n signature to congrats Masha :banana: :banana: :banana: ,I just changed all that yesterday tho :p

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:35 AM
Ohhhh that's hurt :crying2: :crying2: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahah Maybe I should change my avatar n signature to congrats Masha :banana: :banana: :banana: ,I just changed all that yesterday tho :p

well.. if someone is being mean to Masha... The least I can tell is to look at themselves...

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:15 AM
Here are some photos of Masha enjoying her number 1 ranking

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050822/i/r1024443843.jpg
Thanks a lot, MightyMashaFan!

deja_entendu
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:24 AM
:rolls: :tape: :haha:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:38 AM
:rolls: :haha:
Thank you for celebrating with us!

deja_entendu
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:39 AM
Thank you for celebrating with us!

:bounce: of course! excellent bump :bounce:

Penglover
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:31 AM
All russians are hairy. They need to shave their body hair as a sheep :)

Penglover
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:33 AM
She even cant beat Clijster.

Penglover
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:35 AM
She won Grand Slam because two belgian girls were not there. My God, she even couldnt defend her champion... and lost a heap of points. I just find it so funny Daven didnt play 4 touraments until she/wta make sure that little kid to be world no.1. See, Daven is playing again in this week. Remember... Daven defeated Maria 6:0 6:0 in this year :haha:

Penglover
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:36 AM
two perfect eggs.

Penglover
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:37 AM
I hope she will meet JJ or clijster in the first few rounds of USO and be kicked out.

Dan23
Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:50 AM
This was all part of K-LinaŠpremFan's master plan muahahaha :devil::lol: :yeah:

Penglover continues to talk to him/herself :tape:

faboozadoo15
Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:57 AM
She won Grand Slam because two belgian girls were not there. My God, she even couldnt defend her champion... and lost a heap of points. I just find it so funny Daven didnt play 4 touraments until she/wta make sure that little kid to be world no.1. See, Daven is playing again in this week. Remember... Daven defeated Maria 6:0 6:0 in this year :haha:
because kim and justine are so formidable at wimbledon :tape:

anyway, congrats to maria!
this is a hilarious thread too.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:59 AM
She won Grand Slam because two belgian girls were not there.
And one of the Belgian girls couldn't win any Grand Slam title while Venus and Serena didn't play at the US Open 2003, and couldn't win it again while Serena didn't play at the Australian Open 2004, and again while Serena didn’t play at the French Open 2005.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:12 AM
Sharapova: "There's always going to be people talking. Words are words, then you actually got to go out and do it."
That's right, Masha!!

Portobello
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
:lol: :yeah:

hahah poor guy/gal :haha: :haha: :haha:

thedlr
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:06 PM
As you only became a member a week ago on 15th August, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the WTAworld.com board!!
Oh thanks. These boards are fun...

... especially when reading hater posts. I got nothing against haters tho...

All russians are hairy. They need to shave their body hair as a sheep :)
... especially when they provide such entertaining and insightful information.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:07 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:43 PM

The problem is one belgian... cause Maria has beaten with ease on hardcourt Mrs. Justine Henin-Hardenne

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
because kim and justine are so formidable at wimbledon :tape:

anyway, congrats to maria!
this is a hilarious thread too.

ROFL :lol: