View Full Version : Amelie's post-match interview after quarters

DelMonte
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:34 AM
. WILLIAMS/A. Mauresmo

6 2, 6 2

An interview with:

AMELIE MAURESMO

THE MODERATOR: First question, please.

Q. You were obviously struggling out there. Is it just the heat?
AMELIE MAURESMO: Yeah, the adductors. I mean, tennis is already tough when you're 100%. When you're 50% or so, when you're moving not so well on both sides, it's getting tougher and tougher to win.
So, you know, what can I do?

Q. Was the injury worse today than it had been earlier in the tournament?
AMELIE MAURESMO: Yeah, it got worse the last match. So, you know, I thought I would recover pretty well with the day off, but that wasn't really the case. So, yeah, I mean, there's nothing much to say about that.

Q. How frustrating is it to be playing well and then have an injury like this?
AMELIE MAURESMO: Well, it's frustrating. You're scared that it gets worse. I mean, you know, I don't really have much many things to say about that. I just thought maybe I can I was going to be better as the match was going, which wasn't the case. Then it's tough.

Q. Did you consider not playing?
AMELIE MAURESMO: No. I thought, you know honestly, I thought it would be good and that, again, it would warm up as the match would go on, which wasn't the case. And the other side got tight as well.

Q. Did you discuss with any doctors whether you should play or not?
AMELIE MAURESMO: No, no. I just honestly, I mean, I thought I could really play be 100% or 90% today. Wasn't the case.

Q. How well did you think Serena played today? She seemed to be more controlled.
AMELIE MAURESMO: Well, she had nothing to do but just put the ball back in. You know, it's you can't really judge her game today, I think.

Q. How do you see the matchup with Sharapova?
AMELIE MAURESMO: I don't care really. I just want to get better.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:39 AM
:lol: " i don't care really" Now how many people have wanted to say that to one of those stupid questions! :lol: ;) :p

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:49 AM
:lol: " i don't care really" Now how many people have wanted to say that to one of those stupid questions! :lol: ;) :p

Hey, how come when JHH said that at the US OPEN everyone
said she was being a punk ass?

Hulet
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Q. How well did you think Serena played today? She seemed to be more controlled.
AMELIE MAURESMO: Well, she had nothing to do but just put the ball back in. You know, it's you can't really judge her game today, I think.
Oh, oh, that is a clear signal for the WTAWorld's "graciousness" zealots to start countless threads slaming Amelie for not giving credit to her opponent. And, she used percents to explain her level of play - the sin of all sins. :eek: If I were an Amelie fan, I wouldn't want to visit GM for a day or two.

Ignore all that. For a moment, I forgot that Amelie's last name is not Williams. :p

volta
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:54 AM
"Q. How well did you think Serena played today? She seemed to be more controlled.
AMELIE MAURESMO: Well, she had nothing to do but just put the ball back in. You know, it's you can't really judge her game today, I think."

and yet Serena is the classless player on tour that never gives the credit to the opponent. double standards haters?!

"Well, she had nothing to do but just put the ball back in" :haha:? Serena was hitting winners :haha: yes Momo didn´t played all that well but com´on

Kuti Kis&Monica
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Momo :haha: As usual girl :) An injury which didn't bother her when she plays top 30, but when she plays top, that's getting worse

:rolleyes: I told U.

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Awwwwww, poor Momo. :hug:

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:01 AM
But really guys ... Serena's loss to Maria at the YEC doesn't count in my view because she was injured. Momo's loss here doesn't count either, for the same reason. I repeat that Serena has not yet been dethroned by Maria or anyone else as the best player in the world, but nor can this AO be held against Momo. At least I am being consistent. :angel:

galadriel
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Get soon well,Amelie :kiss:

heartBREAKeRS
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:07 PM
A loser respons.. well get better Momo:)

bee
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Amelie is always injured...
Especially during grandslams... :) :(

John.
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Amelies head is what is injured. Another disappointing performance in a major.

swiss
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Amélie is the most unlucky champion I have ever seen :sad:

incredible, how some trolls and haters (I guess, most of them are homophobics :rolleyes: ) can grasp the opportunity to say insulting and hurtful remarks :mad:
fortunately she doesn't read them :p
and we, her fans, have to be patient and cool (don't answer please), because she will survive ;)
and kick some ass, some day :angel:
congrats to Serena and good luke against the most lucky girl I have ever seen (Maria of course) ;)

*Jool*
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Amelies head is what is injured. Another disappointing performance in a major.

Come on people !
Many of you said she'll lose to Stosur in round 1 , wich was absurd BTW, and now she made it to the QF with injury and winning against the players she should and losing to Serena (who is 9/1 vs Momo) well it's still a bad result...

I'm not at all an Amélie fan coz she's overmediatised here in France, but I hope she'll do great in FO. :tape:

RAA
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I just feel badly for momo.. she has SUCH a fantastic game. but in the majors its ALWAYS something. I thought that Serena played quite well but really Amelie didn't do ANYTHING to bother serena at all...

ooh and brad gilbert took SUCH a swipe at her - getting the #1 ranking without being in a major final in 6 years - but at least Pam bipped him one.

cheo23
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:17 PM
But really guys ... Serena's loss to Maria at the YEC doesn't count in my view because she was injured. Momo's loss here doesn't count either, for the same reason. I repeat that Serena has not yet been dethroned by Maria or anyone else as the best player in the world, but nor can this AO be held against Momo. At least I am being consistent. :angel:
They can Laugh ALL They WANT
but when SERENA has Something goin ON with her
Oh they say.. Oh well she wasn't REally THERE
Or she was Injuried it didn't count
the same thing
Good for U that U ARE CONSISTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

griffin
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:31 PM
...If I were an Amelie fan, I wouldn't want to visit GM for a day or two.

Ignore all that. For a moment, I forgot that Amelie's last name is not Williams. :p

You're right - there are no ugly threads/posts about Amelie today.

I know Serena gets hammered unfairly for her interviews but stupidity+stupidity≠intelligent commentary

Experimentee
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Serena did more than just get the ball in play :rolleyes:
People slam Serena all the time for not giving credit, but she never says anything about her opponent like this.
Amelie's injury must not have been that bad if she played through the match without calling a trainer, and also played her last few matches well. It was not obvious she was injured as she did not look in pain and never grabbed anything or pulled up. Its called choking, and trying to find excuses to cover up her lack of mental strength.

MinnyGophers
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I just feel badly for momo.. she has SUCH a fantastic game. but in the majors its ALWAYS something. I thought that Serena played quite well but really Amelie didn't do ANYTHING to bother serena at all...

ooh and brad gilbert took SUCH a swipe at her - getting the #1 ranking without being in a major final in 6 years - but at least Pam bipped him one.

why did that asshole say?
and what did Pam reply?

suzie
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Its called choking, and trying to find excuses to cover up her lack of mental strength.

You can say Amélie chokes against some players (it happened before, it will most probably happen again) but it's not fair to say that she's finding excuses: she's injured and she was never ok during the tournament.

And yes, as an Amélie's fan, I wonder what the hell am I doing here reading threads that are pissing me off... :rolleyes:

jlamire
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Come on people !
Many of you said she'll lose to Stosur in round 1 , wich was absurd BTW, and now she made it to the QF with injury and winning against the players she should and losing to Serena (who is 9/1 vs Momo) well it's still a bad result...

I'm not at all an Amélie fan coz she's overmediatised here in France, but I hope she'll do great in FO. :tape:
How do you think she's overmediatised?
Journalists would rather talk about 2nd soccer division match before talking about tennis.

Rocketta
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Yes Amelie was hurt, yes she couldn't do anything to trouble Serena because she was hurt.................but Serena did play well much better than just getting the ball in play. The grapes were a little sour in that press conference but when you want something bad and it doesn't happen you get upset as we all would and don't have the patience to measure our words just so.

As long as Amelie not accusing people of illegal activities (as she did once) then I'm ok with it. I'm sure Serena doesn't care if Amelie thinks she played great or not. :)

jlamire
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Yes Amelie was hurt, yes she couldn't do anything to trouble Serena because she was hurt.................but Serena did play well much better than just getting the ball in play. The grapes were a little sour in that press conference but when you want something bad and it doesn't happen you get upset as we all would and don't have the patience to measure our words just so.

As long as Amelie not accusing people of illegal activities (as she did once) then I'm ok with it. I'm sure Serena doesn't care if Amelie thinks she played great or not. :)
People should praise Amelie for trying again and again....I know many that would have called it quit many times

alfonsojose
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:05 PM
C'mon, guys. Serena played well and hit some amazing shots, but she wasn't tested at all. Amelie's bakchand was a mess. Most of the times she couldn't do anything with it. Serena did what she had to.

Harju.
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:07 PM
People should praise Amelie for trying again and again....I know many that would have called it quit many times
very true. since 1999, how many times has amelie been hampered by injuries. but she never fails to stop trying.

this interview was done after the match, obviously she was pissed, disappointed and injured. :tape:

Rocketta
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Well her fans should be proud of her but she was a little bitter in the interview. It's her right not to be happy and to express that as long as she's not taking personal swipes at people which she didn't.

jlamire
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Well her fans should be proud of her but she was a little bitter in the interview. It's her right not to be happy and to express that as long as she's not taking personal swipes at people which she didn't.
Agreed but let's not take all that too seriously.

griffin
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:22 PM

I would say "frustrated" and even "depressed" more than bitter, but that's just me ;)

As I've said before, I wish posters paid half as much attention to their own statements as they do to statements by the players
(and no, Rocky, that's not aimed at you).

*Jool*
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:33 PM
How do you think she's overmediatised?
Journalists would rather talk about 2nd soccer division match before talking about tennis.

ok and when you hear abt tennis, isn't there all a stuff abt the great Momo n°1 etc...
Look at Tennis Magazine's covers and tell me.
Rg : too much pressure for Momo ? yes , you dumbasses, if you weren't there putting the pressure on her, she wd have won it , well actually no, bc she hasn't won a slam, so why RG first ?
Wimbledon : will Amélie win it?
Summer : Amélie wants the n°1 spot
US Open : will she win ?
Indoor season : O my god, yes she is n°1
:lol:

Well, that does annoy me a little and I was glad she retored for fed Cup and that pp realize france WITHOUT Amélie has something to show.
I heard in " tout le sport" : since she's the n° 1 in the world , Amélie ..."
Come on , wake up guys, she isn't n°1 anymore... :rolleyes: I know you're proud of her but come on , tennis is not only Amélie.

BTW she's cool , but what pp expect of her and how they only talk abt her is too much .

:wavey:

Rocketta
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I would say "frustrated" and even "depressed" more than bitter, but that's just me ;)

As I've said before, I wish posters paid half as much attention to their own statements as they do to statements by the players
(and no, Rocky, that's not aimed at you).
*little* bitter = frustrated & depressed. ;)

and I know that wasn't aimed at me.....you could never say anything mean to me...you love me too much! :hug: :hearts:

vertigo
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Q. How do you see the matchup with Sharapova?
AMELIE MAURESMO: I don't care really. I just want to get better.

:worship: And why should she care? Brilliant response to a stupid question, aimed at at disheartened player. :kiss:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Hey, how come when JHH said that at the US OPEN everyone
said she was being a punk ass?
Probobly because allot more people are jealous of what JHH has accomplished :tape: ;)

CC
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:05 PM
why did that asshole say?
and what did Pam reply?

He said she got to number 1 and she hadn't won a major and the ranking system should be changed. Pam said, "Oh stop it!" She may have hit him on the shoulder, but I can't remember for sure. Then Mary and Cliff laughed about them fighting.

Denise4925
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Oh, oh, that is a clear signal for the WTAWorld's "graciousness" zealots to start countless threads slaming Amelie for not giving credit to her opponent. And, she used percents to explain her level of play - the sin of all sins. :eek: If I were an Amelie fan, I wouldn't want to visit GM for a day or two.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Denise4925
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:13 PM
They can Laugh ALL They WANT
but when SERENA has Something goin ON with her
Oh they say.. Oh well she wasn't REally THERE
Or she was Injuried it didn't count
the same thing
Good for U that U ARE CONSISTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Excuse me, but did any of Serena's fans complain about what Amelie said...Nooo, I didn't think so. There goes that active imagination again. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Serena did more than just get the ball in play :rolleyes:
People slam Serena all the time for not giving credit, but she never says anything about her opponent like this.
Amelie's injury must not have been that bad if she played through the match without calling a trainer, and also played her last few matches well. It was not obvious she was injured as she did not look in pain and never grabbed anything or pulled up. Its called choking, and trying to find excuses to cover up her lack of mental strength.
Oops, spoke too soon. :p

Denise4925
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:15 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

jenny161185
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:32 PM
well said Amelie!!!!

Pureracket
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Well her fans should be proud of her but she was a little bitter in the interview. It's her right not to be happy and to express that as long as she's not taking personal swipes at people which she didn't.Sweet, sweet, 'cketta,
I don't know why Williams fans are always so nice and rational when it comes to the other players. Let one of the Sisters sneeze, and it's taken the wrong way. . .LOL

At any rate, yeah, it's obvious that poor Amelie couldn't move out there. Her luck sucks when it comes to big matches. Maybe this defeat can somehow help her, though. She knows that she has the game, and I suspect that it's only a matter of time before she wins one of these Slams. (I REALLY wish that she would consider going to the net more, though).

Hulet
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:31 AM
You're right - there are no ugly threads/posts about Amelie today.

I know Serena gets hammered unfairly for her interviews but stupidity+stupidity≠intelligent commentary
Bah, I am done searching. Kindly provide links to those kind of threads that slam "Amelie for not giving credit to her opponent".

cheo23
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Excuse me, but did any of Serena's fans complain about what Amelie said...Nooo, I didn't think so. There goes that active imagination again. :rolleyes:
WHATEVER BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

MarkyMark
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Momo :haha: As usual girl :) An injury which didn't bother her when she plays top 30, but when she plays top, that's getting worse

:rolleyes: I told U.

i totally agree, the day before on french radio she said she was not injured, now she is again??? She even mentions that there "is not much to say about the injury", whatever, she got her butt kicked and could not stand the heat, and also played like crap, she should be "man enough" to admit that at least.

Melly Flew Us
Jan 27th, 2005, 12:44 AM
yes but amelie too often focuses on other people; and their questions; and not the most important thing.
she needs to either get a clue or shut up.
her eurosport interview was all about how she could beat serena instead of focussing on her own game.
the clock is ticking...