PDA

View Full Version : Maria the new Russian #1?

silverwhite
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:21 AM
If I'm not wrong, she's currently #3 while Myskina's #4. :eek:

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:24 AM
If I'm not wrong, she's currently #3 while Myskina's #4. :eek:
that'll only last for a few weeks:p
Nastya will regain her status!:bounce:

Lemonskin.
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:26 AM
You are correct! :D

Hayato
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Maria deserves to be ahead of Nastya, she does better under pressure.

_LuCaS_
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Masha won't be there too long. A few weeks maybe.

volta
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM
the only prob with Myskina is that sometimes she chokes but fo me her game is better then Maria

jonny84
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM
and she could climb up to #2 by reaching the final me thinks.

Bezz
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Maria has a much better game than myskina, myskina is overrated imo, she had the french open win which shot her up the rankings, since then she has done nothing spectacular. Maria deserves to be the Russian no.1 cos at the minute she is better than the rest. :cool:

TakeThat
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Masha won't be there too long. A few weeks maybe.
To be fair, Sharapova deserves to be ranked higher then Myskina. She's played better in big matches. Myskina is a craftier player, but Sharapova is a better match player.

Daniel
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I am sad for Nastya but Maria earned to be the best Russian (well for the moment ;)

TartarVicario
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:22 PM
She deserves it!

Maria Croft
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Go Maria, well done !!

Chunchun
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:34 PM
:eek: :(

*kaz*
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Well done Masha. The other russians will probably use the excuse that she aint a real russian.

NaF
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Good for Masha..

Hopefully being the 2nd Russian player will motivate Nastya more in the future...

She should be more focus and more consistent...

Chriskip
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM
And not greedy ones who are going to push her to play every tournament in order to be and stay number one. I am sure Kim can give her some good advice about the disadvantages of doing that.
The Russians on a whole tend to play a lot (Whether American Russian or Russian Russian). If they do bad in one tourney they just fit themselves into another one thats playing soon even if they had not planned to. Their rivalry is insane. But then we all knew the niceness that the media tried to portray last year and before was total bull. They all seem to have some sort of hatred for at least one of them, even if their best friend is friends with the one they hate....lol. Maria is just the one that most of them seem to hate. She has a tough road ahead, it wont get any easier now that she is top ranked among them.

silverwhite
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:58 PM
How long has Myskina been the Russian #1? Now that she's been dethroned, I wonder what will happen during Fed Cup. :bolt:

blumaroo
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Good for Maria. She and Svetlana are the most talented. The others will either fall down or remain the same. I still hope that Lena D can move up.

faboozadoo15
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM
maria has small points to defend before roland garros where she could easily improve on last year. she's truly on the rise, and myskina will need to play amzing to catch her.

_LuCaS_
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM
How long has Myskina been the Russian #1? Now that she's been dethroned, I wonder what will happen during Fed Cup. :bolt:
Since 2002. Myskina is inconsistent, but let's see Sharapova winning some tier 1 & 2 and then talk. It will be interesting how the Russian Team will look like in Fed Cup. Altough Nastya has slipped in the rankings, I think Russia still considers her #1. She's done so much for this country.
http://img142.exs.cx/img142/7646/hopmancup05394ax.jpg
:worship: :worship: :worship:

mboyle
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Maria is Myskina with a serve.

SzavayFi
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Lena will get there no doubt! :D :D :D...................when she gets rid of her fluff ball serve :p

Spunky83
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Now she has finally become the Queen of Russia! No wait...she has always been THE QUEEN MASHA, so being the Queen of just one country would be an downgrade for her :scratch:

No, seriously, itīs good that Masha made it. I am not happy with hit, but at least Nastya knows that itīs time to raise her game.

Iīve already said last year that Masha-Myskina could be a very cool rivalry (on court!), so letīs see what happens;)

AlexB
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:51 PM
keep the spot warm maria cause my "myskina back on top of the rankings" thread is itching to get posted...lets see where everyone is year end, thats what really counts

dont forget the opposite though..maria has wimbledon winner points to defend and lets see if she plays those late year tier III and if she will be the only player in the top 30 this year as well...myskina has zippo to defend from us open and will still be a contender in doha and of course the kremlin cup..my gut tells me she will be super motivated right now

timray
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:34 PM

Maria is Myskina with a serve and power and height and beauty and future :lol:

Spunky83
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:38 PM

Typical :rolleyes:

_LuCaS_
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:00 PM
:yawn: sure you didn't forget something? :rolleyes:

Lemonskin.
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:04 PM
A crazy dad? :shrug:

timray
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:07 PM

- nude photo on a horse

_LuCaS_
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:11 PM
- nude photo on a horse
Well I dunno about the horse, ;) a siberian tiger maybe? of course after she's 18 :cool:

timray
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:16 PM
With new silicon boobs ... :scared: :silly:

Doc
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:55 AM
:bounce: :bounce: Congratulations Maria! :bounce: :bounce:

:worship: :D New Russian No 1 :D :worship:

justine&coria
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I used to like Sharapova, then started to dislike her a lot since her fans started to think she was the best ever.
Now, I still dislike her a bit, because of her attitude on the court, but I have to admit that she definitely deserves being the first Russian : I even feel that she deserves a lot more than Davenport or Mauresmo being number 1 !!!
She has one GS, the YEC, and is in the semis of a GS !! She's the only one who's done that !!

hablo
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:41 PM
It still is the beginning of the year. Too early to tell who will be number one Russian! ;) :p

xan
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:48 PM
It still is the beginning of the year. Too early to tell who will be number one Russian! ;) :p
Well, right now it's............................ MASHA!

Fingon
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:58 PM
:scratch:

Harju.
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Well, right now it's............................ MASHA!
oh my eyes.

:cool:

hail queen masha.