PDA

View Full Version : Tennis hello from Lake Havasu

Cat5
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Hi all,
just came on board and wanted to say hi.
My favorite players are mostly retired but these days I tend to root for the underdog. I don't really have a all time current favorite I just love tennis period.
I'll be totally un-bias in my opinions.
Please let me get to know you.
Who is your favorite and why?
I know you have probably answered this question a million times but I would really enjoy a few replies.
Regards,
Cat5

ginger_fish668
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Hello :wavey:

I don't really have a fave player as well. I like most of them, I just enjoy watching a good high quality match. That said, I do tend to favor players like Maria, Elena, Dani, The Williams, Jenny Cap.... :p

I've also recently joined this board. But I've been lurking round forever. :p Nice to meet you! See you around. :wavey:

Cat5
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Thanks for your reply. I guess I should revise my post a little. Since I play with a one handed back hand I tend to enjoy watching other who do as well.
I too like Venus, Serena, but I also like Justine, (the one handled back hand master) Maria and a host of others. Like you I really just enjoy a great match.

Jan 25th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Hi! you might find some of these threads babyish. Don't let that stop you from posting. You'd be surprised to learn some of the poster's ages (including my own). But just like in a real tennis match there are a number of mind games being played on the board. :). Just take it as fun.

ginger_fish668
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Thanks for your reply. I guess I should revise my post a little. Since I play with a one handed back hand I tend to enjoy watching other who do as well.
I too like Venus, Serena, but I also like Justine, (the one handled back hand master) Maria and a host of others. Like you I really just enjoy a great match.

Justine's a great player. Fantastic backhand! But I tend to favor Kim cos I just feel bad for her really. :sad: Seems to be a really nice girl. Always so close....yet so far!

Yeah, a lot of the posters age caught me off guard at first. Made me feel old. ;) Oh well.... :p

Cat5
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:35 AM
I don't mind telling my age. I'm 34. I love to talk about tennis but don't like to get caught up in all the name calling.
Look I've seen so many tournaments.
All these young women can strike the ball so well. It's like they have it down to a science.

They hit so clean it makes me wish I had started playing at age 3 like some of these pro's.

I play at the 4.5 level at the moment but hope to reach 5.0 before my knee's give out.

Jan 25th, 2005, 05:37 AM
I don't mind telling my age. I'm 34. I love to talk about tennis but don't like to get caught up in all the name calling.
Look I've seen so many tournaments.
All these young women can strike the ball so well. It's like they have it down to a science.

They hit so clean it makes me wish I had started playing at age 3 like some of these pro's.

I play at the 4.5 level at the moment but hope to reach 5.0 before my knee's give out. :p

:). I find live tennis to be great.

ginger_fish668
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:40 AM
So now do I have to tell you my age? ;) I'm 21. Still young... ;)
I don't play that name calling game either. It's silly really. But sometimes the postings here can get pretty ugly. :eek: I try to respect all players and their fans. But not everyone feels the same way I do.

Good luck with your tennis. Don't work that body too hard... ;)