PDA

View Full Version : Please Venus get a contract coach

Kimumwe
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:10 AM
I'm a die hard fan of Venus but given her results verses her sister I think it's time she got outside help. I'm not saying that she should dump Richard. All I'm saying is that she needs to get a different perspective.
Anyone agree with me?:confused:

Rolling-Thunder
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Another coach like Billie Jean King or even Brad Gilbert is very necessary right now. Sorry I don't see it happening. Venus is too prideful, set in her ways, and loyal to her parents to seek outside help which is long overdue and clearly necessary.

I've resigned myself to seeing her play well some times and playing poorly or timidly most of the times. She simply continues to do the same things year after year. We could go back 2 yrs ago and same the same thing, 4 yrs ago or even 5 yrs ago. The same story is replayed: second serve, forehand and now the lack of real depth.

PaulieM
Jan 25th, 2005, 04:50 AM
i agree that she needs a coach, they both do. i understand that being loyal to your parents who taught you the game is great. but their parents aren't pros and they have technical problems with their strokes. they need to go back to the basics and perfect their techniques. there are certain parts of a tennis players game that need to be automatic, and a lot of the time these are the things that break down on them in pressure situations, especially now when their confidence is at its peak. these are areas where a real coach could help a lot. if they want to get back to the top, they should REALLY consider taking on some additional coaching