PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Mauresmo will never win anything.

Jan 25th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Number 2 in the world my ass.

thelittlestelf
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:18 AM
She's injured... she normally plays much better than this.

bmxbandit
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Lmao

TakeThat
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:20 AM
She's obviously hurt. Leave her alone. :fiery:

Momo has chocked away plenty of matches in her career. However, tonight is not the night to question her.

Becool
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Yeah... she's injured.. you just can't contest that :o

Jan 25th, 2005, 02:21 AM
I did not realize she was hurt.

TakeThat
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:34 AM
I did not realize she was hurt.
Ummm... Are you watching the match?

Miranda
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:35 AM
poor momo, why she always has bad lucks :sad: :fiery:

Jan 25th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Ummm... Are you watching the match?
I was online..but then I turned it off.

JLDementieva
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:37 AM
she's horrible right now!!!!

Becool
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:39 AM
but you can't say that the injure is making momo play bad..
she's missing a lot of balls.. but she's reaching them..
it's not an excuse for her. it's not her day..

Mrs. Peel
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Yes...she has had her opportunities...she's having a bad day!

SzavayFi
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Yea she is playing bad but lets keep all this on one thread, i come here and there is like 7 threads on momo and the match! :eek: lol

thelittlestelf
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:49 AM
5 winners to 20 UEs for Amelie.

That's awful, Amelie's game isn't what i would call "high risk" tennis.

Wojtek
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:50 AM
She is playing like number 102 not 2

Mrs. Peel
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:52 AM
She can't seem to right herself right now....bad bad match....

SHe has such bad luck in the big matches!

vogus
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:53 AM

:haha:

sorry i know Momo is actually injured and i shouldnt laugh. but that was so succinctly put...

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:54 AM
If Serena continues this up - then for the second time in 2 months she's secured the no 1 position for Lindsay again.

random_dude
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:54 AM
injured or not she is an absolute joke..easily the worst number 1 of all time

Jan 25th, 2005, 02:55 AM
injured or not she is an absolute joke..easily the worst number 1 of all time
maybe worst top 3 player of all time :devil:

valeria
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:59 AM
come on, i'm glad serena is teaching her some tennis. amelie's rank is a result of henin and clijsters's absence. mauresmo will never win a slam

random_dude
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:59 AM
lol true

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Well she just saved a MP, but it's pretty much hopeless.

ginger_fish668
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Mauresmo seems to be the unluckliest player in terms of injurys at grand slams... :sad: Which must suck for both her and her fans.....sorry. :awww:

Ekkekko
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:09 AM
:rolleyes:

skanky~skanketta
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:12 AM
ugh. very very dissapointing. injured or not, she did reach so many balls. in badly wanted her to win the goddamn open. fucking hell.

but serena, that last kiss into the camera! :hearts: you're such a sweetheart!please win the title now girl, or at least beat sharapova. and make the goddamn final.

sania mirza pushed serena harder!and that match was of a much higher quality cuz at times you would think that sania might juust win the 2nd set. not here though. momo was gone from the outset.

kabuki
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Get well and stay well, Momo!

MinnyGophers
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:30 AM
please, Momo was clearly injured. She reached for the ball, but it doesn't mean that the pain disappeared as she ran :rolleyes:
I can't believe it. I mean i'm just shocked. How UNLUCKY can someone be?
Life is really defintely not fair. The worst people get what they want ( not talking about Serena or anyone in particular, just a generalization), and those who deserve it the most get struck down with no fault of their own.
it's just... sad...
that's just how i feel right now. sad.
Dammit Amelie, just keep strong, never EVER give up, your time will come. And all of this will make your first victory all the more worthwile. Ignore all these idiots who criticize you, because you are a champion. Just don't give up.

Prizeidiot
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:25 AM
That might be true.... I'd certainly say she is the weakest number one. I've never seen such a mentally fragile number one. Number one players have not choken at quarters or semis of slams until now. Which is sad, because Amelie has all the equipment to be a great player.

TartarVicario
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Momo doesn't like to play against the players like Lindsay,Serena,Kimmy and that's all.

Experimentee
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Injury is not really an excuse here. She got to the balls and I couldnt tell she was injured as she never called the trainer or stretched anything out or even looked in pain. She just played badly when she did get to the balls, and Serena played too well.

miranda_lou
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Momo doesn't like to play against the players like Lindsay,Serena,Kimmy and that's all.
So, how is she ever going to win a Slam.:confused:

Not only that but even when Serena, Lindsay and Kim were injured Amelie still didn't win a Slam.:rolleyes: She got to #1 but didn't win a Slam to get there. In fact, the only way this woman will win a Slam is if every player in the draw came down with food poisoning and even then she would most likely choke away the final.:lol: Amelie is a hopeless, total mess and I can only feel sorry for her.

Lachrymarum
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Uh...when ISN'T Mauresmo injured????
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jlamire
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:26 PM

Not only that but even when Serena, Lindsay and Kim were injured Amelie still didn't win a Slam.:rolleyes: She got to #1 but didn't win a Slam to get there. In fact, the only way this woman will win a Slam is if every player in the draw came down with food poisoning and even then she would most likely choke away the final.:lol: Amelie is a hopeless, total mess and I can only feel sorry for her.

Look, she earns enough money to be so hopeless as you say, don't you think?

Katha-Ger
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:26 PM
worst #3 ever is so :tape: :rolleyes: "wow! mauremso will never win anything"..that`s so damn stupid :banghead: i have also doubts that she will win a gs some day, because of the injuries and her mental weakness...but we should not forget that she won berlin, rome ,montreal, linz and philadelphia and that was just in 2004....these are also great tournaments! worst number three is ridiculously....i think you sould not watch only the slams...... :wavey: :lol:

Ekkekko
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Uh...when ISN'T Mauresmo injured????
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

when you were born? :shrug:

Halardfan
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I hope and think it will come right for Amelie in the Grandslams one day, and I believe that when it does, the pain and disappointment she's encountered along the way, will in a weird way make that moment all the sweeter. :)

jonny84
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:57 PM
I know Amelie will win a slam one day - most likely the French Open, the slam before she retires. I think people are being unfair - Amelie was injured today and couldn't have played her best. Remember, she did face a very tough opponent which I think everyone seems to be forgetting.

MinnyGophers
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:57 PM

feel sorry for her millions, her status as a star and goddess in france, feel sorry for her as millions of people love her.
feel sorry for all the titles she has won, more than most player could dream of. that's right feel sorry as i am sure your life is much more exciting as you spend your time denigrating player who don't give a shit about you on a freaking message board.

MinnyGophers
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I know Amelie will win a slam one day - most likely the French Open, the slam before she retires. I think people are being unfair - Amelie was injured today and couldn't have played her best. Remember, she did face a very tough opponent which I think everyone seems to be forgetting.

amen to that.
I mean it was JUST Serena Williams accross the net, 6 times Grand Slam champion, Gold medalist, number 1 in the world for God knows how long, and right after Venus lost.. :rolleyes:
It's already tough to beat her healthy, for anyone, so try being injured too.

Ekkekko
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:11 PM

That Amelie is hopeless and one can only feel sorry for her? What total bs are you talking about. :rolleyes: I doubt she even needs you to feel sorry for her. She of all people would not need a hopeless poster like you to feel sorry for her. That said, i hope against all hope that you'd never at one time in your life, feel hopeless yourself. Only then would you know the whole new meaning of hopeless and being in such a total mess. It is then that I can only feel pity and sorrow for you.

raquel
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:31 PM
please, Momo was clearly injured. She reached for the ball, but it doesn't mean that the pain disappeared as she ran :rolleyes:
I can't believe it. I mean i'm just shocked. How UNLUCKY can someone be?

You have to start wondering if maybe it is not just pure bad luck. Injured at last year Australian, last year's Wimbledon, this year's Australian, her left leg was strapped for a good part of last year as well. Maybe it's time to look at the training regime and see if that's where the injuries are coming from. Last year's Australian Open injury happened on the practice court for example so maybe there's something in that?

On Eurosport they had a behind the scenes type show and one shown last week showed Momo, Golovin, Pierce and a lot of French juniors spending a couple of weeks high in the mountains at altitude in the off season. They did a lot of mountain biking and cross country skiing. Momo was clearly the best at everything they did but that's two years in a row now she has done that training regime in the mountains in December and then got injured a few weeks later in the Australian so maybe that particular regime is causing problems? I don't know, but maybe there's things there for her to look into.

Linnie
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:50 PM
You have to start wondering if maybe it is not just pure bad luck. Injured at last year Australian, last year's Wimbledon, this year's Australian, her left leg was strapped for a good part of last year as well. Maybe it's time to look at the training regime and see if that's where the injuries are coming from. Last year's Australian Open injury happened on the practice court for example so maybe there's something in that?

On Eurosport they had a behind the scenes type show and one shown last week showed Momo, Golovin, Pierce and a lot of French juniors spending a couple of weeks high in the mountains at altitude in the off season. They did a lot of mountain biking and cross country skiing. Momo was clearly the best at everything they did but that's two years in a row now she has done that training regime in the mountains in December and then got injured a few weeks later in the Australian so maybe that particular regime is causing problems? I don't know, but maybe there's things there for her to look into.Last year's AO injury actually happened during her 4th round match against Molik - not to mention her father was dying of cancer at that point - so that was a tough time for her.

But I totally agree with you that she definitely needs to re-examine her training program.

Californakate
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:58 PM
she's horrible right now!!!!

oh and what dementieva and myskina were just unlucky with their draws i suppose!!
at least mauresmo made the quaterfinals!! and lost to a player in the top 10!

jj74
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:02 PM
people always said the same about Novotna and finally she won wimbledon. Mauresmo have the quality, she needs to improve her mental strenght and maybe with a good draw...

Kart
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM
If I actually gave out negative reps you'd be a prime candidate.

Still, judging by all those red dots it looks like you've gotten what you deserve already :).

Amelie :hearts:, win or lose I still luv ya.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:27 PM
errr, maybe its because of the fact that its hard to deal with an injury in a slam quarter final, playing serena williams in the boiling hot heat. I don't know about some of you but when the temps are that hot, it's almost impossible for me to play tennis in, so it must be very hard - even for pro's.

When a player is injured, you have the extra pressure of doing something with the ball when you actually get a hit off it, and your pushed out of your comfort zone. I
was injured once in an important match, (OK, not a slam or anything near that level) but it was still an important match, and i found it very hard to focus on MY game, the injury was always in the back of my mind. Just think how unlucky Momo's been with injuries in her career; she pulled out of this event last year, playing great tennis too :sad: It must be tough for her to deal with them.

This wasn't a choke IMO - far from it :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Mauresmo played awful because she couldn't get out of the way quick enough. She was slowed down majorly by her leg. That caused her to shank so many balls because her timing was way off because she was so slow.

Add that to an improving Serena - with improving confidence - and you got yourself a 6/2 6/2 match.