PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Maria - From A Non Fan

AlexB
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:00 AM
i know the maria haters and those that don't care either way will never hear the end of this victory, must give her her due for winning and from all accounts becoming the new russian number one....being im the one that started the "Myskina Runs the Show Right Now Thread" i tip my hat to her and her fans....you earned the right to gloat and boast and tell us how great she is

TakeThat
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:04 AM
being im the one that started the "Myskina Runs the Show Right Now Thread" i tip my hat to her and her fans....you earned the right to gloat and boast and tell us how great she is
Sharapova may be the new Russian #1, but Anastasia still "runs the show". She is the one who carried the Russian team to their biggest international victory. That will not be forgotten any time soon.

Dan23
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Thanks Alex :)
The majority of us wont be gloating and boasting but Maria deserves a lot more respect than she gets at times. To come out on top of Kuzzie (who was possibly the form player of the tournament so far) after 2hrs in the mid-30 heat and a set down was an effort not many others could produce.

AlexB
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Sharapova may be the new Russian #1, but Anastasia still "runs the show". She is the one who carried the Russian team to their biggest international victory. That will not be forgotten any time soon.

no doubt, and im one of the biggest myskina fans here but if were gonna be tough on her and her fans when she loses we have to be willing to accept it when the pendulum swings, so when myskina regains her position, we can celebrate twice as much :)

jdog3008
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Yet who is the face of Moscow's olympic bid?

Maria would have played the finals if she was asked to.

ginger_fish668
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:28 AM
i know the maria haters and those that don't care either way will never hear the end of this victory, must give her her due for winning and from all accounts becoming the new russian number one....being im the one that started the "Myskina Runs the Show Right Now Thread" i tip my hat to her and her fans....you earned the right to gloat and boast and tell us how great she is

I'm a Maria fan, but I'm not gonna gloat. :) I'm thrilled she won, but I also feel bad for Sveta. :sad: I respect the fact that everyone has different opinions and favorite players. Why can't we all get along? ;)
Anyways, Anastasia 'll be back, she's a great player, this was just a minor setback. :)

TakeThat
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Yet who is the face of Moscow's olympic bid?

Maria would have played the finals if she was asked to.
Yes, congrats to Maria on that - that's a big honor.

geegables
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Congrats Maria. From another non-fan.