PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova just simply lucky

backhanddtl4
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:40 AM
She is just lucky, isn't she. Sharapova draws a tough quarterfinal opponent, and she plays like crap. Of course, luck of Sharapova, Kuznetsova plays even worse. Man, are those some horrible stats. That msut have been one ugly match.
Now here's Venus, in the 4th round, having a differential of only -3, playing a fairly good match, and she still loses. Sharapova and Kuznetsova would have both gotten down on their knees and bowed to Venus or Molik. It's unfortunate that things like this have to happen.

Dan23
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:42 AM
:rolleyes:

Jan 25th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Venus= night match=not hot and sunny
Sveta= Faster than Molik=less winners more errors
Sharapova and Sveta= Better return of serve than Molik= serve domination.

TakeThat
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:45 AM
She is just lucky, isn't she. Sharapova draws a tough quarterfinal opponent, and she plays like crap. Of course, luck of Sharapova, Kuznetsova plays even worse. Man, are those some horrible stats. That msut have been one ugly match.
There is a very simple reason why the match was so damn ugly. The heat. Both girls were impacted; the stronger and fitter one survived in the end. This has NOTHING to do with luck.

BK4ever
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Bad playing opponents or not, she won the match...get over it

Maria Croft
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:48 AM
whatever. I don't care what you say right now because Maria won !!!!!!

ginger_fish668
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Say what you want. Masha is through to the semi-final! :)

exoneuk
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Hey, it depends on whether you believe in luck.

I don't.

mrush2004
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:55 AM
true champs win no matter the cost, and circumstance. they always find ways to win.

RatedR Superstar
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:30 AM
I hate Sharapova!! but i admit, she's a good player and could be someday one of the greatest.

SharapovaFan16
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:29 AM
you make your own luck

faboozadoo15
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:32 AM
:haha: maria losing to venus :haha: good one.
watch the match and then decide how it was played. to look at stats in this tournament can be very misleading. the aussie website is all over the place on the definition of an unforced error.

maximus82
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:40 AM
...and Momo played such a brilliant match against serena....:roll eyes:...

Princess Sarah.
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Maria won just get over it :rollseyes: it's not like by making this thread you can change the result of the match.

Greenout
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:30 AM
How is she lucky? Looked totally worn out in Asia, played no
warm ups in Australia. Struggled against lower ranked players in
3 sets, played a fresher Sveta, who's only problem last week was
getting more attention from the media than ever before in her career.
And she lost the first set at 6-4 too?

You've got to hand it the kid, she's a real trooper.

faboozadoo15
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:42 AM
yea... sharapova lucky here?
lee-waters plays no pressure, the best match of her entire life, silvia, in incredible form mixes it up well against a power hitting like maria, and maria has to fight her, and then she has to play a fresher top 5 player in the quarters just to be able to play serena williams who just played impeccably against an aweful opponent. yes, maris is quite lucky :rolleyes:

Lemonskin.
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Part of being a great tennis player id coping with all conditions you will be thrown.

Sharapova simply handled that part of the game better today.

10nisfanofruz
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:08 AM
I's true that she was lucky but if she didn't grab the chance, she wouldn't have won the match. Maria was tough and fought 'til the end while Kuzzie just couldn't handle it.:)

"It's all in the mind, you know. I have the game, I have everything, if I don't do the right things, I don't win," said Kuznetsova
"She played unbelievable. The most thing she's improved I think is in her mind. She's mentally tough. She's very confident in herself.
"She's improved her shots, definitely, but I think the most (important) thing is her mind.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Iheartennis
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:41 AM
ok. im not a fan of sharapova but shes good! just admit it. Its always like this. It happened with hingis, davenport, seles etc. Whenever a younger player shows signs of dominance people just find reasons to hate them. when all they should truly be judged on is there tennis. The only reson im not impressed with sharapova is that im waiting till later to see what she does. I more interested in the longevity of her career and how many titles will she rack up. I mean people want to see people work real hard to achieve their goals and when someone does it faster people just start to say they are lucky.

Fingon
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:47 AM
the author of this thread is lucky.

Lucky that with today's technology even someone as stupid as he/she is can post a message on the internet.

Edward.
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:04 AM
"In my eyes, there is no such thing as luck."

*Karen*
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Who cares how she played. She's gonna win the title now. I can't see anyone stopping her.