PDA

View Full Version : Hate her all you want...

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:34 AM
and I cant stand her...but Maria is the real deal...a future number one...:mad:

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:36 AM
I know, what can we do ? :shrug: :fiery:

SM
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:36 AM
get over it!!!!!!!

she worked herr arse off to get where she is leaving home and her mum at such a young age and she well and truly deserves everything

Grachka
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Cam'ron, go and get Alex to wipe that smile off her face! :devil:

Maria :rolleyes:

SerialKiller#69
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Ugh.:scared:

St.Sebastian
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Yess, we have to give it to her... She will be no.1 soon

Couver
Well I don't hate her, but I agree with you. I think some people wrote her off due to her age and maybe thinking she lacked experience or polish, but she's winning her matches on sheer determination and that's a hard thing to stop.

I think she has a bright future and I think many players need to watch out.

thelittlestelf
I don't know how much more I can take of Maria Mania :scared:.

Dan23
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Indeed that was the match of a champion..I havent seen many better efforts than that :worship:

Jan 25th, 2005, 01:40 AM
and I cant stand her...but Maria is the real deal...a future number one...:mad:

How can you be a Williams fan and not like Sharapova?
you got everything...
1.Talent
2.Beauty
3.Great Story (aka California)
4.she's funny
5.plays just like Venus/Serena

Oh...I know it's cause...she's WHI...never mind. I won't say it.

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:41 AM
get over it!!!!!!!

she worked herr arse off to get where she is leaving home and her mum at such a young age and she well and truly deserves everything
Oh no... Oh no no no no no... Love her, jerk off over her, love her style of play but don't bring back that f*ckin fairy tale... Don't you sometimes think that THIS IS EXACTLY why we can't stand her anymore ? If the media and commentators weren't drooling over her and tagging her as the next frickin' Goddess Athena, maybe we could watch her without secretely wanting her to trip right on her front teeth! DAMN! After all she's been through, Siberia, her mom, but she never never cried... :awww: What a courageous lil kid, why don't you give her a free Wimbledon ? Oh wait, she got it last year.

BK4ever
I've always said the same thing...unlike alot of people around here...whether I like a player or not does not make me blind to their talent.

What Maria does best is come from behind (she had alot of help today). She is not afraid to lose...once she is down, she starts swinging freely and thats a fearless attitude you can't teach

gossipcom
Shouldn't that be Screechanova?

Seriously I was at her match against was it Li (Ti) - one of the Chinese Girls (name mistakes me) and when someone said shuttup to her grunting everyone cracked up laughing.

The chair umpire said no talking, etc - and then someone shouted out "what about the player?" ;)

Yes she's the real deal - I can't stand her or Serena, but I'm hoping Serena gets into the SF so she can try and reverse the scoreline of Wimbledon and WTA Champs.

lizchris
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:42 AM
I don't know how much more I can take of Maria Mania :scared:.

It might be over by the end of the day Thursday. Unless the winner of the Amelie/Serena match (hopefully Serena) plays like Maria did, I can't see either one losing to her. She has not played that well.

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:44 AM
The way Sharapova has played this tournament, it's sad she's in the semis.

jdog3008
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:44 AM
you got everything...
1.Talent
2.Beauty
4.she's funny

There are many Sharapova/Williams fans.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:45 AM
She's just one goddamn lucky girl. And she's fairly good looking too. I hope someone beats her in the final or sf.

UDiTY
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:45 AM
It is inevitable....but hopefully she'll learn to become more humble and less annoying. :mad:

TakeThat
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:48 AM
C'mon guys, don't give up on Kuznetsova! She will get better and fitter - and I believe in my heart that she has the goods to be the best. Sharapova is a very special young woman. BUT: she, without a doubt, will spread herself too thin (she likes to be a star) - and it will hurt her career.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:50 AM
She's just one goddamn lucky girl. And she's fairly good looking too. I hope someone beats her in the final or sf.
Let's hope it's the semis and Serena the one to do it...;)

StarDuvallGrant
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:52 AM
you got everything...
1.Talent
2.Beauty
4.she's funny

You shouldn't say it because not only would you be wrong, but you would show yourself to be ignorant and just about troublemaking.

Couver
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Let's hope it's the semis and Serena the one to do it...;)I'm sure many hope for that:devil: But if Serena fails :eek:

I'm taking bets on how fast it will take WTAWorld to crash.:D

Natasc
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:54 AM
SHe's a fighter
But she's not playing well now
Not for a number #1
About the todays match, as i said before, it was a matter of who will miss less, and Masha did that
But she's not playing enough tennis for a number #1 now...

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:55 AM
I don't hate the girl. We'll just see how well she deals with the pressure of defending all of her points. It will be interesting to see if she can remain in the top 5 a year from now.
Getting there is one thing..but staying there is another :)

Maria Croft
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:56 AM
I just can't believe that some people still think she is lucky or doesn't have talent !! you can hate her all you want but being in your second SF with only 17 isn't luck ! at least be honest enough to say that !!

fammmmedspin
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Maria is going to be an unusual number 1 in that she will do it on the back of more 3 set matches - rather than the 45 minute wins you associate with Davenport, Hingis, Graf, Seles, Venus or Serena. Maria gets dominated by the likes of Davenport, Myskina, Serena and Sveta and even Silvia here but still wins. You can't see her wearing them out. She doesn't play much better as the match goes on. They fall away. Any one know why? Are they unable to sustain their level? Do they start playing her game? Is she unusually lucky getting opponents who collapse?

peanuts
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:05 AM
yep maria is really proving the doubters wrong. actually this is starting to become ridiculous. just when you think she's gonna lose to a tough opponent, her opponent breaks down under the pressure and maria digs deep and finds the drive and motivation to win. its amazing. btw im not a fan either. maybe she gets lucky at times but im just impressed at this girl's fighting abilities. she seem to play so well when she's down in a match. i want to be annoyed about it but it seems like a waste of my time and effort. so i'd say the hell with it, if she can then let her win the whole shebang. :lol:

TakeThat
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Maria gets dominated by the likes of Davenport, Myskina, Serena and Sveta and even Silvia here but still wins. You can't see her wearing them out. She doesn't play much better as the match goes on. They fall away. Any one know why? Are they unable to sustain their level? Do they start playing her game? Is she unusually lucky getting opponents who collapse?
Sharapova is just daaaaamn lucky. Her opponents suddently start playing badly and hand her the match. ;)

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:09 AM
yep maria is really proving the doubters wrong. actually this is starting to become ridiculous. just when you think she's gonna lose to a tough opponent, her opponent breaks down under the pressure and maria digs deep and finds the drive and motivation to win. its amazing. btw im not a fan either. maybe she gets lucky at times but im just impressed at this girl's fighting abilities. she seem to play so well when she's down in a match. i want to be annoyed about it but it seems like a waste of my time and effort. so i'd say the hell with it, if she can then let her win the whole shebang. :lol:
That's so mature... I wish I could be that mature about her. :lol: I am with other players. I just don't know why I do that with her. :shrug:

alexusjonesfan
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I'm not a fan of her game but the kid has heart :yeah:

skanky~skanketta
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:13 AM
she's winning matches because her opponent's level dropped. :p

dammit. i hate her but i know it will happen eventually. if only she didnt grunt or pump her fist or yell c'mon....or beat my faves, i might be able to stand her.

Doc
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:14 AM
No. Maria works out how to beat her opponents and gains in focus as the match progresses.

peanuts
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:16 AM
That's so mature... I wish I could be that mature about her. :lol: I am with other players. I just don't know why I do that with her. :shrug:
thanks! :D you see i figured we can all be childish about it and maria would keep on winning, so in the end we'll end up being soo bitter about it. if i were you just enjoy the tennis. i know its hard sometimes especially when she's beating you're fave players but that's sports. the fans doesn't have a say on the scoreline. we're just mere cheerleaders. :lol: :)

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Thats the thing...she is amazingly focused and driven...Yes, the kid's got heart...:D

Becool
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:17 AM
She just beat Svetlana.. I don't think that'll make her the number one..

Congrats for the victory Maria, the mp was incredible

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:19 AM
thanks! :D you see i figured we can all be childish about it and maria would keep on winning, so in the end we'll end up being soo bitter about it. if i were you just enjoy the tennis. i know its hard sometimes especially when she's beating you're fave players but that's sports. the fans doesn't have a say on the scoreline. we're just mere cheerleaders. :lol: :)
Man... :worship: I think I'll start working on myself now ;) Which doesn't mean I'll cheer for Maria :p ... But I'll just watch and be a spectator instead of giving myself headaches and pulling my hair out. :lol:

peanuts
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Man... :worship: I think I'll start working on myself now ;) Which doesn't mean I'll cheer for Maria :p ... But I'll just watch and be a spectator instead of giving myself headaches and pulling my hair out. :lol:
hey you're pretty cool :D and i can certainly sympathize with the headaches and pulling my hair out thing. i've gone through those more than i care to count :lol:

Angel_Mars
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I just can't believe that some people still think she is lucky or doesn't have talent !! you can hate her all you want but being in your second SF with only 17 isn't luck ! at least be honest enough to say that !!

They just say she's "lucky" because they can't stand it when she wins ;)
She's definitely living up to her hype. GO MARIA!!!!! :worship:

blumaroo
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:26 AM
She's not ready yet for the nr.1 position. An average davenport would have spanked her today. I didnt know what was wrong with Svetlana. It's the same thing with the RUssians over and over again, they are way too inconsistent. At least it was a little bit better than the dechy/Myskina match. Now that was BAD. They will continue to improve though, but if the belgians come back, I don't see russians in every final of a grand slam.

"Topaz"
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:40 AM
I'm always afraid to say this, thinking maybe I may have tunnel vision: Maria is just like Venus on a smaller frame! I see the same kind of racket preparation before a shot, almost the same reach and get, the same long legged steps to nullify an intended winner, and so on... And on top of all that, she beat Serena twice recently, which Venus could not do. Maybe, Cam, you're right: she's the real deal.

God forbid if she meets Serena again and beats her for the 3rd consecutive time! Boy, that would cause such a devastation. No way you can explain away 3 consecutive losses.

I hope they meet and Rena put an end to all conjectures. (I know, it's easy for me to say.)

tennischick
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:47 AM
a 17 year old is currently dominating women's tennis. i find that amazing. :D

franny
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:08 AM
She's playing well, she's doing great, but she's not dominating. With that said, Go Maria!!! I'm sooooo proud of you girl!!!!!!

Prizeidiot
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:14 AM
a 17 year old is currently dominating women's tennis. i find that amazing. :D
She is one of the elite at age 17, which is amazing. But dominating? That's a strong word. Federer is dominating. I'd hardly say Sharapova is dominating. She isn't even number one. And even then, I wouldn't say Lindsay is dominating either, far from it.

Denise4925
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Oh no... Oh no no no no no... Love her, jerk off over her, love her style of play but don't bring back that f*ckin fairy tale... Don't you sometimes think that THIS IS EXACTLY why we can't stand her anymore ? If the media and commentators weren't drooling over her and tagging her as the next frickin' Goddess Athena, maybe we could watch her without secretely wanting her to trip right on her front teeth! DAMN! After all she's been through, Siberia, her mom, but she never never cried... :awww: What a courageous lil kid, why don't you give her a free Wimbledon ? Oh wait, she got it last year.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Denise4925
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:20 AM
I feel the same. :confused:

russophile
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:29 AM
why hate maria if you can be jealous?

Darop.
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I hope she dies a horrible horrible death :D

Grohl
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:20 PM
I don't hate maria, but don't like her either!
Just don't like her game, don't know if she'll win the AO

Pureracket
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Maria Sharapova was my pick @ the beginning of the tournament. She still is. Landsdorf seems to think that she will win the Slam this year. He might be right.

pigam
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:45 PM
how many players have tried to 'feed' Maria another style of play, and how did she handle it? Just a question. I would really like an answer;