PDA

View Full Version : Do You Feel Sorry For Mashona Washington?

switz
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:09 AM
she was one point from beating dechy in straight sets but choked. now dechy took care of schiavone with little trouble and was handed a win by myskina. nat has 364 points from this tournament and that would have pretty much put the until mid last year journeywoman washington into the top 30!!

i know there a lot of ifs, ands or buts but i do feel a bit sory for her because it was a big opportunity that really could have changed what still is an average career at present into something pretty significant.

Jan 25th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Dechy= Quality improving player
Washington: Would have lost to Schiovone and surely Myskina.

cartmancop
Yeh its kind of disappointing, but that's just the way the game is. There are several players who have had similar circumstances, its just part of the game.

Wiggly
I don't knows if she could have beats all those top players ;)

Andrew.
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Nat can be very streaky through a tournament. I highly doubt Washington would have defeated Schianova, let alone Myskina.

T-T
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:20 AM
she was one point from beating dechy in straight sets

That proves her valor.

vogus
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:34 AM
I doubt Washington would have beaten Schiavone in the next round. And her family is filthy rich, she doesn't have to worry about money whether she wins or loses. So she's one of the last players i would ever feel sorry for. Come to think of it, i feel sorry for the tsunami victims, before ANY wta players.

T-T
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:41 AM
i feel sorry for the tsunami victims, before ANY wta players.

duh...

switz
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:49 AM
washington played some great tennis last year on harcourts having a significant lead off an unbeaten davenport, beating sharapova etc.

i think people are giving her a little less credit than she deserves.

i don't mean i feel sorry for her as in it will ruin her life, i just meant that she has been such a battler for so long and missed this great opportunity that was very close.

and i repeat there are a lot of ifs etc

Jan 25th, 2005, 12:51 AM
I doubt Washington would have beaten Schiavone in the next round. And her family is filthy rich, she doesn't have to worry about money whether she wins or loses. So she's one of the last players i would ever feel sorry for. Come to think of it, i feel sorry for the tsunami victims, before ANY wta players.
how is she rich?

vogus
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:54 AM
i'm just giving you a hard time switzy, of course it's a shame for her she didn't finish the job.

switz
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:02 AM
i'm just giving you a hard time switzy, of course it's a shame for her she didn't finish the job.

don't give switzy a hard time. it's mean :sad:

SM
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:07 AM
AFTER Seeing mashona play sydney quallies im sure she was capable of beating schiavone and myskina in her poor form

tennischick
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Washington needs to believe in herself more. but it's nice to see her making inroads in tournies. she didn't use to get past the first round much.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:52 AM
That proves her valor.
More than your "point" dissproves it :D

Julia1968
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:29 AM
I don't even understand why she's being discussed. She's old in tennis terms, never really made a breakthrough in the Grand Slams and hasn't done much historically in the game of tennis. She's Mal Washington's sister...so what????