PDA

View Full Version : Venus fans I have to ask

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Why is Venus so stubbon about not getting a new coach. I mean if she can find the right person it could really help her give her a fresh view about her tennis.
Cus to be honest sometimes I watch Venus and im not to sure what she trying to do out there on the court apart from hit amazing winners. It is like there is no sense of good soild match play.
I feel like Venus has come to a stand still in her tennis. And I cant understand how a very smart and single minded women that I believe Venus is would not take a step back and see where her career is going.

At the end of the day her Mum and Dad will always be there for her. She only gonna be playing top tennis for another six seven years. So why not make the most of it. Cus I bet there is no worse feeling than to retire with out reaching your full potenial

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:49 PM
She's crying in the next room...let me ask her...BRB...:bolt:

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:49 PM
:yawn:

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:53 PM
She's crying in the next room...let me ask her...BRB...:bolt:
She said to tell you to "FUCK OFF" :wavey:

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Anyway people who can have grown up chats only need answer

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:55 PM

LMAO!!!

tennisIlove09
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:55 PM
because the only people she has to prove anything to are the haters on this board. She has NOTHING to prove to anyone. Whether she wins 100 more matches in her career or not one more match, she'll go down as one of the best players ever. She doesn't need a coach. She has one. She needs her confidence back. An injury that took her out of the game for 6-7 months is the cause of her recent poor play. Once she gets her confidence back, she'll be back.

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Anyway people who can have grown up chats only need answer

Can you please find a new topic? :yawn:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:58 PM
I think people ignore some things about both sisters. They didn't just START playing badly, things in their lives have changed. Funny how people forget that BOTH players were out more than half a year. It takes time to get your game back. Look at Lindsay..it took her about 2-3 years to get hers back. It doesn't happen overnight. These are seasoned players...and a new coach at this point won't make a HUGE difference. I mean these girls have been playing since the age of 4, and a lot of things come natural to them. So having a new coach won't help things much. They just need to improve on the things they've always been doing.

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM

:yawn: Oh Venus just lost in the 4th round agin. how old is she now 29 when was the last time Venus won a grandslam oh yeah 2001 she only has 4 where as players like Sharapova have 15 already. Oh well Venus just needs to get her forehand working and she will be back ;)

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:04 PM
VEEREE When a great player like Billy Jean who has always repected both sisters comes out and says you need a new coach. Then maybe they have something there

Angel_Mars
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Why is Venus so stubbon about not getting a new coach. I mean if she can find the right person it could really help her give her a fresh view about her tennis.
Cus to be honest sometimes I watch Venus and im not to sure what she trying to do out there on the court apart from hit amazing winners. It is like there is no sense of good soild match play.
I feel like Venus has come to a stand still in her tennis. And I cant understand how a very smart and single minded women that I believe Venus is would not take a step back and see where her career is going.

At the end of the day her Mum and Dad will always be there for her. She only gonna be playing top tennis for another six seven years. So why not make the most of it. Cus I bet there is no worse feeling than to retire with out reaching your full potenial

Obviously, keeping her parents as her coaches is more important than getting outside advice or training. Even if she got different coaching, she's still dealing with the fact that the other players are not bothered as much by the style of tennis Venus plays. Alot of them can hit hard now, and power doesn't bother them from another player. So, not only would Venus be getting coaching from somebody new, she might have to re-tool her game somewhat as well, and after all these years, I doubt that she wants to. Let's face it, she's been losing to Serena for quite some time, so maybe losing just doesn't bother her as much any more.

Denise4925
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:07 PM

As a Venus fan, I totally agree with you. She is at a stand still and needs a new coach to reach her full potential. I'm disappointed in the results, but I'm not surprised. I had a fear of Venus going in to this match against Molik and the way Molik's been playing as of late. Venus played a good match, but Molik played a better one. All credit to her. GO SERENA :bounce:

Denise4925
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:11 PM
:yawn: Oh Venus just lost in the 4th round agin. how old is she now 29 when was the last time Venus won a grandslam oh yeah 2001 she only has 4 where as players like Sharapova have 15 already. Oh well Venus just needs to get her forehand working and she will be back ;)
You were doing fine until you posted this. I just don't get it. :confused:

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:18 PM
You were doing fine until you posted this. I just don't get it. :confused:

Im very sorry I had to say that but some Venus fans are just unable to take a single bad word said about Venus game and jump on a poster. until they dont want to post there thoughts anymore. And they have done this with a lot of posters over the years I have been comeing to this message board. So i just cant be bothered to reason with them anymore and just hit them where it hurts. So im sorry to all the desent Williams fans out there. But thoses few really give the rest of you a bad name. And do make people want to rub it in your face when Venus loses. Cus they get so fed up with being put down and sworn at over thing they take personal. :fiery:

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Im very sorry I had to say that but some Venus fans are just unable to take a single bad word said about Venus game and jump on a poster. until they dont want to post there thoughts anymore. And they have done this with a lot of posters over the years I have been comeing to this message board. So i just cant be bothered to reason with them anymore and just hit them where it hurts. So im sorry to all the desent Williams fans out there. But thoses few really give the rest of you a bad name. And do make people want to rub it in your face when Venus loses. Cus they get so fed up with being put down and sworn at over thing they take personal. :fiery:

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:29 PM

AHHHHHHHHH What wrong cant think of a come back. Oh well I guess it nearing some one bed time. I guess feedom of speech has won out, but you are prob to young to really understand your sig it just looked pretty on the page didnt it. :kiss:

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:32 PM
AHHHHHHHHH What wrong cant think of a come back. Oh well I guess it nearing some one bed time. I guess feedom of speech has won out, but you are prob to young to really understand your sig it just looked pretty on the page didnt it. :kiss:

Before you try to get smart with me, learn how to spell, and consider actually having a point.

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Ahh see now we have to get to the put downs about my spelling. What wrong am I bugging you. You know what people like you and that other waste of a good poster should do dont you. IF YOU DONT LIKE A POST DONT ANSWER IT. but then both of you are to thick to think of that right. :lol:

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Ahh see now we have to get to the put downs about my spelling. What wrong am I bugging you. You know what people like you and that other waste of a good poster should do dont you. IF YOU DONT LIKE A POST DONT ANSWER IT. but then both of you are to thick to think of that right. :lol:

Please, please please learn the difference between to and too. You've done it like ten times today!

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Whatever. you really are a wothless poster. your boring me now you have nothing of intrest to say. Go off and support Venus. Im sure she will thank you one day for it.

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Whatever. You really are a wothless poster. You're boring me now. You have nothing of interest to say. Go off and support Venus. I'm sure she will thank you one day for it.

D- Overall

Most importantly, your and you're are two different things.

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:51 PM
:lol: what a cock

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:53 PM
:lol: what a cock

Oh, ouch. That hurt.

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Oh by the way can you check the spelling for kiss my ass im not to sure I have that right. But thanks for fee english lesson

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Oh by the way can you check the spelling for kiss my ass im not to sure I have that right. But thanks for fee english lesson

Maybe if you had paid for it you would have paid better attention.

Denise4925
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:00 PM
No, it's not the apparent insult you tried, but the fabrication is what I don't get. You said, "Oh Venus just lost in the 4th round agin. how old is she now 29 when was the last time Venus won a grandslam oh yeah 2001 she only has 4 where as players like Sharapova have 15 already." First of all Venus is 24 and Sharapova only has one grandslam win. Did you really feel the need to fabricate in order to insult?

Denise4925
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:02 PM
coolbird, did you really write the first post?

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:05 PM
im glad we have some one on this board who is so concerned about the way things are spelt. To me I have much better things to do with my time but I guess this is prob all you do all day every day right. even when you are at school what year you in. Oh i forgot i its called a grade in america right? I would say still in middle school you must be top of your class. Mummy must be so proud

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:05 PM
im glad we have some one on this board who is so concerned about the way things are spelt. To me I have much better things to do with my time but I guess this is prob all you do all day every day right. even when you are at school what year you in. Oh i forgot its called a grade in america right? I would say still in middle school you must be top of your class. Mummy must be so proud

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:11 PM
im glad we have some one on this board who is so concerned about the way things are spelt. To me I have much better things to do with my time but I guess this is prob all you do all day every day right. even when you are at school what year you in. Oh i forgot its called a grade in america right? I would say still in middle school you must be top of your class. Mummy must be so proud

Oh, ouch. That REALLY hurt.

Denise4925
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:14 PM
:lol:

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM

I hope it really did. I hope it really got to you.

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:20 PM
coolbird, did you really write the first post?

Your point being :confused:

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I hope it really did. I hope it really got to you.

Keep hopin', kiddo! :lol:

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:26 PM
oh i will. Anyway bored now see ya around spelling bee champ that you are

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:27 PM
oh i will. Anyway bored now see ya around spelling bee champ that you are

:wavey:

hotandspicey
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:27 PM
To have to live with such hidden, forbidden fantasies, must be quite painfull. I feel for you.There, there..let it out!!!:rolleyes:

Denise4925
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Your point being :confused:
My point being that it was a better constructed post, grammatically. From that point on, it looks like two different writers.

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:30 PM
To have to live with such hidden, forbidden fantasies, must be quite painfull. I feel for you.There, there..let it out!!!:rolleyes:
OK..... GET WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM :tape:

coolbird2
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:33 PM
My point being that it was a better constructed post, grammatically. From that point on, it looks like two different writers.

I was having a a mess about with someone. Please if you want to get involed make up some of your own stuff. Its no fun to copy

Denise4925
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I was having a a mess about with someone. Please if you want to get involed make up some of your own stuff. Its no fun to copy
Huh??!!! :confused:

henmanhill
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:56 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

venusstar
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Venus is improving and adjusting her game. Her service has improved from last year her double faults are down. Her forehand is a little better and she has admitted that she has started working on her movement since she is sometimes to close to the ball and this prevents her from hitting it properly. I believe that considering the adjustments that she is making she is doing quite well better than a lot of players. I believe she will win a slam this year. I also heard her say she was working on her fitness I did notice a lot of muscle loss. But I expect to see her do well in the future. The problem is not the coaching it is the adjustment that takes time.

I can't think of any player who wins all the time and after a time all games need adjustment.

I am truly tired of all the people who listen to witless announcers who try to make their efforts seem better than those of the present players and then go on boards posting about Venus should retire and she needs a new coach. Pure Bull!

What Venus needs is for people to get off her back and let her make her adjustment. They did not help her get to where she was and a lot of them did not support or approve of her being there. Yet suddenly everyone knows what is wrong with her game and what she needs to do to fix it.

I can't wait until she starts winning again then they can all talk about how she and her sister are bad for the game.

Go Venus Do What You Want !

davidmario
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I Think You Have To Ask Venus Herself.