PDA

View Full Version : In order, who left in the draw do you want to win it?

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:37 PM
1.Serena Williams
2.Lindsay Davenport
3.Alicia Molik
4.Svetlana Kuznetsova
5.Patty Schnyder
6.Amelie Mauresmo
7.Natalie Dechy
8.Maria Sharapova

shtexas
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:44 PM
1. Maria - because I predicted it on another site and don't like to be wrong.
2. Lindsay - because she is nearing retirement.
3. Serena - because it is time for a Williams to shut all the haters up.
4. Molik - because it would be nice to see an Australian win her national title.
5. Schnyder - she is left-handed and so am I.
6. Svetlana - it would be nice to see her overcome that drug test controversy.
7. Mauresmo - she has been #1, now win a major already.
8. Dechy - because there is no way it's gonna happen.

apoet29
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:45 PM
I cannot just pick one person because all are deserving for various reasons:

1. Serena--because she has not won a slam since 2003 and a win here would help her to get back to the top of women's tennis.

2. Lindsay-- her drought goes back five years and since she is on the verge of retirement, a big win here would mean a lot.

3. Molik-- Aussies are rooting for one of their own to win this tourney for the first time in 17 years. Can Alicia overcome the huge obstacles in her way to do so?

4. Svetlana--To prove that the USO was not a fluke

5. Patty--to finally live up to her massive potential and put those guru-orange juice drinking days behind her.

6. Amelie--too much talent to not win a slam, but can her mind and body hold out?

7. Natalie-- see no. 6

8. Maria-- to consolidate her status as the real deal and get those Anna K comparisons off her back.

thelittlestelf
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:46 PM
1-Lindsay
2-Serena
3-Patty
4-Molik
5-Amelie
6-Maria
7-Nathalie
8-Svetlana

Philip
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:47 PM
1. Patty :D :D :D
2. Maria
3. Molik
4. Lindsay
5. Serena
6. Dechy
7. Amelie
8. Svetlana

:)

Mark43
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:48 PM
1.Lindsay Davenport
2.Amelie Mauresmo
3.Maria Sharapova
4.Patty Schnyder
5.Svetlana Kuznetsova
6.Serena Williams
7.Alicia Molik
8.Natalie Dechy

E. Blackadder
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:48 PM
1. Amelie
2. Svetlana
3. Lindsay
4. Maria
5. Patty
6. Serena
7. Molik
8. Dechy

tennislover
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:49 PM
1) Amelie
2) Davenport
3) Kutnezova
4) Sharapova
5) Molik
6) Patty
7) Dechy
8) Serena

AjdeNate!
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Svetlana
Alicia
Amelie
Maria
Davenport
Serena
Patty
Nathalie

manu32
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:51 PM
davenport
serena
sharapova

switz
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM
1. Schnyder: My favourite - waiting 7 years!!
2. Dechy: It would be hilarious.
3. Molik: She's Australian, I'm Australian. Plus her winning would take away attention from Hewitt.
4. Davenport: Purely for sentimental reason. May be her last chance etc.
4. Mauresmo: Deserves to lose the monkey
4. Serena: Too good not to be winning slams
7. Kuznetsova: I'm going to the final and i really don't want to watch her in it because i find her game boring (no offense to her)
8. Sharapova: I'm going to the final and i really don't want to listen to her screaming for 2 hours (no offense to her).

SJW
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Serena vs Alicia :)

Mase
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Mine..

Davenport
Molik
Sharapova
Momo
Williams
Dechy
Kuznetsova
Patty

spiceboy
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM
1.Lindsay Davenport

2.Svetlana Kuznetsova

3.Alicia Molik

I don't care about the rest :p

Mephisto
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:57 PM
1. Molik
2. Mauresmo
3. Dechy
4. Serena
5. Patty
6. Kuznetsova
7. Davenport
8. Sharapova

Serena!
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Serena- Because she hasn't won a slam for almost two years and to prove people wrong, tennis is still her #1 priority!
Lindsay- Because she hasn't won a major since 1998 an dshe has played very well and deserves it.
Alicia- She is a rising star, it would boost her career even more!
Patty- She's been around for a while and she should win a slam in her career.
Natalie- I would like to see her win a Slam, she is a solid player.
Amelie- She is a great player (even though I am not a big fan) and really deserves a Slam in her career
Maria- I don't like her or Svetlana that much; but, i like Maria better.
Svetlana- See "Maria".

tennisIlove09
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:58 PM
1-Sharapova
2-Serena
3-Davenport
4-Molik
5-Dechy
6-Mauresmo
7-Schnyder
8-Kuznetsova

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:05 PM
1. Davenport
2. Dechy
3. Mauresmo
4. Serena
5. Schnyder
6. Kuznetsova
7. Molik
8. Sharapova

thelittlestelf
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Lindsay- Because she hasn't won a major since 1998 an dshe has played very well and deserves it.

sartrista7
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:12 PM
1. Kuznetsova - for the Russian Slam :banana:
2. Mauresmo - to overcome the choking demons (nb I have less faith in her than in any other quarter-finalist inc. Dechy)
3. Schnyder - maybe she will dedicate this title to her dead cat as well
4. Sharapova - I'm a bit meh on Sharapova these days, but I don't care for any of the other girls left, and the Russian Slam would be a good thing even if done by someone who isn't a 'real' Russian
5. Molik - she was very nice about Sveta last week
6. Dechy - she's dreary, but still better than the boring Americans

I'm not sure I'd have any interest whatsoever in a Williams v Davenport final. I can't wait for Davenport to retire (without winning another Slam), and I've never found Serena anything other than tiresome. Ehh, if it ensued I'd probably support Serena who at least will not send me to sleep.

TakeThat
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:12 PM
tie-1. Davenport
tie-1. Mauresmo
3. Serena
4. Kuznetsova
5. Molik
6. Sharapova
7. Patty
8. Dechy

I am not rooting for the underdogs... To me, the top 3 girls have earned my support with years of consistent excellent play. Sharapova is low because "she is only 17" - it's hard for me to pull for somebody young enough to be my daughter. :p

cartmancop
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:13 PM
1.Serena- I would love to see her reclaim a major after all of her troubles

2.Lindsay- Same as above + it's probably her last AO.

3.Molik- If she could pull off the huge wins necessary it would be a great story.

4.Mauresmo- If she could finally win her first major, she could really loosen up and become a great player.

5.Schnyder-She's had so many troubles it would be nice.

6.Dechy-Would be one of the biggest surprise winners ever in the women's game.

7.Sharapova-I don't think she has played up to her potential and doesn't deserve it as much based on current form.

8.Kuznetsova- Nothing against her, I just am not a fan & I like all of the others more.

gmak
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:15 PM
1.maria
2.lindsay
3.amelie
4.alicia
5.sveta

don't care about the rest ;) :)

Sanneriet
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Lindsay--Probably her last chance
Amelie--Really needs to make the mental breakthru
The rest are down on the list.

Sharapova
Serena
Alicia
Natalie
Patty
Sveta

jdog3008
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:21 PM
1. Maria :hearts:
2. Serena
3. Lindsay

LafandeMary
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:23 PM
1-Serena
2-Patty
3-Alicia
4-Davenport
5-Kuznetsova
6-Sharapova
7-Dechy
8-Mauresmo

Yes I'm french :rolleyes:

Gallofa
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:28 PM
1. Alicia Molik
2. Patty Schnyder
3. Svetlana Kuznetsova
4. Nathalie Dechy
5. Amélie Mauresmo
6. Lindsay Davenport
7. Maria Sharapova
8. Serena Williams

~Rachel~
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:36 PM
1. Amelie
2. Alicia
3. Dechy
4. Sveta
5. Lindsay
6. Serena
7. Patty
8. Masha

JonBcn
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:39 PM
1. Kuznetsova
2. Molik
3. Mauresmo
4. Schnyder
5. Williams
6. Davenport
7. Sharapova
8. Dechy

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:43 PM

she won the australian open in 2000

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:47 PM
1.Lindsay - shes been my girl the whole time and she deserves this so much after everything

2.Serena - cos its serena and i like her style
3.Dechy - underdog!
4.Molik - cos sehs aussie!
5.Patty - hmmm dont really care
6.Amelie - dont really like
7. Sveta - as above
8.Maria Sharapova - no no NO!!!! I cant stand all this masha hype!

Darran
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:48 PM
1. Amelie - way too much talent not to win a slam
2. Patty - has proved in the past she is capable of beating the best, would be nice to see her put it all together in a single tourney.
3. Svetlana - just coz i really like her
4. Alicia - to get one up on Hewitt
5. Lindsay - in her swansong year.
6. Maria - like her better than the ones below
7. Serena - more deserving than........
8. Nathalie - c'mon she's barely top 20 material let alone a GS champ.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:49 PM
1, Patty Schnyder
2, Lindsay Davenport
3, Alicia Molik
4, Amelia Mauresmo
5, Natalie Dechy
6, Serena Williams
7, Svetlana Kuznetsova
8, Mara Sharapova

bigshow21
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:53 PM
1. Davenport
2. Mauresmo
3. Molik
4. Kuznetsova
5. Schnyder
6. Dechy
7. Sharapova
8. Williams

ekaterina
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:55 PM
1. Maria Sharapova
2. Serena Williams
3. Lindsay Davenport
4. Svetlana Kuznetsova
5. Patty Schnyder
6. Amelie Mauresmo
7. Nathalie Dechy
8. Alicia Molik

ics_seitan
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Alicia Molik
Serena Williams
Amelie Mauresmo
Lindsay Davenport
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Patty Schnyder
Natalie Dechy
Maria Sharapova

-Sonic-
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:02 PM
1. Lindsay Davenport - Get that last one Lindsay, please!
2. Nathalie Dechy - Because I love her.
3. Patty Schnyder - Convert the talent into results Patty, please?
4. Alicia Molik - Almost unbelieveable improvement in such a short time. Deserves rewards.
5. Amelie Mauresmo - Fix your head, fix your groin, get a slam, soon!
6. Sveta Kuznetsova - Put unneccesary controversy behind you.

Those are the 6 I want to win. I am sorta backing Serena though as I always do, as I think secretly that she's the best and will always be the one to beat.

7. Serena Williams - People aren't scared of you anymore... change their minds again!
8. Maria Sharapova - Just cos.

Princess Sarah.
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:04 PM
ALICIA all the way! don't care about anyone else

lauryn
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:05 PM
1 Mauresmo
2 Dechy
3 Schnyder
4 Kuznetsova
5 Molik
6 Sharapova
7 Williams
8 Davenport

Maria Croft
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:12 PM
1 Serena
2 Sharapova
3 Davenport
4 Molik
5 Mauresmo
6 Kuznetsova
7 Schnyder
8 Dechy

cometz9
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:15 PM
1. Lindsay
2. Serena
3. Sveta
4. Molik
5. Masha
6. Schnyder
7. Dechy
8. Momo

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:36 PM
1. Serena Williams- this would be a great start to your campaign to dominate the game again. With a win here, she could add a lot of confidence, and boost her chances to be #1 before the start of the clay season.
2. Lindsay Davenport- I love her as a person and as a player, she really would make a lot of people happy if she was a winner of one more Grand Slam tournament before she retired...and it's been 5 years since the most consistent player on the WTA has won a slam.
3. Alicia Molik- With the past few months that she's been having, it would be great to see her win her home slam. After wins over Sharapova and Venus, I think that Alicia has the greatest chance to win after Serena and Lindsay. Plus, I actually kinda like her.
4. Patty Schnyder- Congratulations for making it this far in the tourney. She proved to me, and to a lot of other people that last year was not a fluke. I think that she will beat Dechy in the quarters to make it to her second consecutive Oz Open semifinal.
5. Amelie Mauresmo- It would be great for her to put aside the mental blocks that have prevented her from winning slams in the past. I honestly think that if not for her back, she would have won last year. I picked her to win...even over Venus, when the draw came out, but her injuries seem to be a bad omen going into a match with a determined and dissatisfied Serena Williams who seems DETERMINED, to improve upon her dismal performance in the 4th Round.
6. Svetlana Kuznetsova- With all of the drug rumor circling, it would be great for her to put all of those aside and win a second straigt slam. Of all the Russians, she is one of my favorites, after Kirilenko, and Dementieva, although her game is a little boring.
7. Maria Sharapova- She's good, actually really good...after all, she's only 17. After her behavior after the WTA Champs Finals, she lost LOTS of respect from me, as well as the behavior from her father. I mean, I guess she could win, but I don't know.
8. Nathalie Dechy- She's actually not a bad player, just not GS Winner material. I think she could make a run, be her fitness will be factor against a lefty who will make her run a lot.

Mana
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:38 PM
1-Dechy
2-Dechy
3-Dechy
4-Dechy
5-Dechy
6-Dechy
7-Dechy
8-Dechy

Because...its just not going to happen!

jonny84
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:39 PM
1. Molik
2. Davenport
3. Dechy
4. Kuznetsova
5. Serena Williams
6. Sharapova
7. Mauresmo
8. Schnyder

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:34 AM
1.Lindsay Davenport
2.Alicia Molik
3.Amelie Mauresmo
4.Natalie Dechy
5.Svetlana Kuznetsova
6.Patty Schnyder
7.Maria Sharapova
8.Serena Williams

@m@nd@
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:36 AM
1. sharapova
2. molik
3. williams
4. dechy
5. mauresmo
6. kuznetsova
7. schnyder
8. davenport

JLDementieva
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:36 AM
1. Momo
2. Dechy
3. Davenport
4. Molik
5. Schnyder
6. Kuzzie
7. Serena
8. Sharapova

stijntje
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:38 AM
1. Davenport
2. Sharapova
3. Mauresmo
4. Molik
5. Dechy
6. Schnyder
7. Kuznetsova
8. Williams

Anna F'd Enrique
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:40 AM
1. Serena
2. Molik
3. Schnyder
4. Dechy
5. Kuznetsova
6. Sharapova
7. Davenport
8. Mauresmo

martinafan
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:46 AM
1 - Alicia Molik
2 - Patty Schnyder
3 - Lindsay Davenport
4 - Nathalie Dechy
5 - Svetlana Kuznetsova
6 - Amelie Mauresmo
7 - Serena Williams
8 - Maria Sharapova

Grachka
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:03 AM
1. Patty Schnyder - I'm rooting for her as she is a breath of fresh air. I have issues with the whole 'boom bang-a-bang' tennis that has become so fashionable these days, and her clever, finesse game deserves a reward. Also, Patty has said that Australia is her favourite tournament of all, so that would be a lovely icing on the cake.
2. Alicia Molik - For Australian reasons i guess, i would like to see the only realistic home hope win. I think she is exciting to watch also, and very clever on court.
3. Lindsay Davenport - For blantant, naked sentimental reasons. I'm not a huge fan of her game but i like her, and i would love to see the look on her face if she were to end the drought finally in the home stretch of her career.
4. Amelie Mauresmo - Amazingly talented, but has bouts of lunacy when she gets within a sniff of a grand slam title. She certainly deserves it, and i would like to see her prove a lot of people wrong by finally crossing that line.
5. Nathalie Dechy - Highly improbable, but Nathalie looks like a lovely person and this would be the ultimate compensation for being tarred unnecessarily by the drugs issue. Nice game too, if unspectacular.
6. Serena Williams - Despite some suspiciously arrogant comments in the past, i think Serena has grown up a lot and her game has evolved too. She has tried to introduce more elements into it, and i think she is ready to be winning slams again. I just hope its not this one, she can win later ;)
7. Svetlana Kuznetsova - Not a Sveta fan really. Nice modern game, but doesn't float my boat.
8. Maria Sharapova - I would be highly upset if Maria were to win. Boom bang-a-bang defined exactly. One-dimensional and irritating to boot. A lethal cocktail that results in her being bottom of this poll ;)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:05 AM
1.Serena Williams
2.Lindsay Davenport
3.Patty Schnyder
4.Svetlana Kuznetsova
5.Alicia Molik
6.Natalie Dechy
7.Amelie Mauresmo
8.Maria Sharapova

lucashg
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:07 AM
1. Amélie Mauresmo - It's about time to win a slam and the Australian Open seems to suit her game perfectly, so here is her chance. She would not only be more confident as a player, but will have no (or much less) pressure for a good run in Roland Garros.

2. Patty Schnyder - She's one of the first players I saw playing back when I started to watch tennis and I liked her style. I think she's got plenty of potential and would be nice to see a new face winning, especially a veteran.

3. Lindsay Davenport - It seems like it's her last year on tour and she deserves a "farewall" slam title. I don't know if her health will help her until the end of the year and it seemed to fail her when she most needed at the slams, so it would be nice to get the title already. But it would be great if she finished her career with a US Open title.

4. Serena Williams - It's been a while since her last slam and though there are plenty of other players who can beat her, I still think she is the most dominant player on tour and really needs a new slam title to fire her career up. It's far from over.

5. Maria Sharapova - She is my second favorite player, but she only appears in 5th because I believe that she will have plenty of time to win major titles in the near future. But a title here will prove all the ones who insist in compare her with Kournikova and who think her win in Wimbledon was a fluke.

6. Alicia Molik - I don't know much about Molik, as I've only seen her play once (Zurich 04 final), she was actually pretty good. As she is australian, it would be awesome (at least for australians, anyway) to see home players taking the title in the centenary of the tournament.

7. Nathalie Dechy - I don't think she really has what it takes to be a GS winner, and it certainly will make Mauresmo feel much less uncorfotable seeing her compatriot who's ranked way below her winning a major when she just seems to choke everytime, so these are some of the reasons why she is ranked so low in my list. She definitely gained some points with me by taking Myskina out, though.

8. Svetlana Kuznetsova - I don't like her.