PDA

View Full Version : I think we can pretty much conclude Davenport will be in the final

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:58 PM
The highest seed still left in her side of the draw is Molik at #10. And she didn't necessarily demolish Venus.

PatM04
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:08 PM
No jinxing please...lol

lindsayno1
im not assuming nething

vogus
i think Molik will beat Davenport tomorrow, but if not, i think Patty will upset her in the SF.

lindsayno1
i assumed shed win the us open

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks for jinxing it.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Lindsay has been playing good though. The only way to beat Lindsay really is to attack her serve, and run her around the court. But all these big hitters make too many errors.

MinnyGophers
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:12 PM
if Momo gets past Serena she's the only one with the potential to beat Lindsay in full form because of her style of game.
The others could upset Lindsay, if she wasn't at 100%

jlamire
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:13 PM
i think Molik will beat Davenport tomorrow, but if not, i think Patty will upset her in the SF.
lol
I think that Dechy will beat your Patty so now there is little problem here, uh?
Honestly you guys are so funny with your endless predictions....

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Davenport leads Molik 3-0

Davenport leads Dechy 5-0

Davenport leads Schnyder 6-2, but Patty has won 2 of the last 3.

That said, there is no slamdunk here. There is no such thing. (Esp. with Linds in a GS)

apoet29
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Considering the fact that Lindsay was suppose to be a slam dunk at last year's Wimbledon and US Open, I'm afraid that you may have jinxed her!

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:18 PM

i odnt - shes not playing molik tomorrow! :P its the day after!! and can anyone actually attack lindsays serve?! noone has an effing clue to where shes gonna place it!

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:19 PM
i odnt - shes not playing molik tomorrow! :P its the day after!! and can anyone actually attack lindsays serve?! noone has an effing clue to where shes gonna place it! She's playing Molik tomorrow.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I know making predictions in tennis is stupid. But something tells me that Davenport will get through her draw, but will be stopped in the final by someone from the other side. ALL of the players in the other side of the draw have the ability to beat Lindsay. Especially Sharapova.

fammmmedspin
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:25 PM
if Momo gets past Serena she's the only one with the potential to beat Lindsay in full form because of her style of game.
The others could upset Lindsay, if she wasn't at 100%
but when was lindsay at 100% last for a full GS? Expect the unexpected - Myskina was even more certain for the SF and she can beat Lindsay but look what happened to her...and Venus...

Elldee
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Is this thread like when Lindsay got through to the US semis she may as well get the 'silverware' now? Grr.

Plus, although her semi would be good, Molik is in great form and Lindsay is playing very average tennis.

alexusjonesfan
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:26 PM
The others could upset Lindsay, if she wasn't at 100% I love Momo but I think she'd be Lindsay's ideal choice for an opponent :( She hasn't been able to beat Lindz for a loong time and seems to have a mental block for her. Plus when Amelie gets nervous, her shots land right into Lindsay's strike-zone. Sveta and Maria have beaten her the last time they played and Serena's always confident against her. Then again, Lindsay was supposed to have a relatively easy route to the finals at Wimby and the USO...but what do I know, we'll probably have a Patty-Momo final :hearts:

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:33 PM
She's playing Molik tomorrow.

shes playing on wednesday.... its not tomorrow for uk people :P

jenny161185
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I dont know Im not going to say anything - But she has another great chance if she plays up to her potential and serves well

Kart
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:27 PM
If only we could conclude that safely !

I've not seen any of Lindsay's matches but hopefully she can get to the final playing well.

switz
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:29 PM
well Patty won their last match 3 and 2 on green clay - which is a surface not unlike rebound ace when it's hot (and it's going to be!!).

of course lindsay is favoured to get through - she no.1 - but there are still players who can beat her if she isn't playing at her best (which i don't think she is yet). i don't remember her playing molik since molik's huge improvement and patty has won 2 of the last 3 they have played.

the evidence is far from conclusive IMO.

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:31 PM
well Patty won their last match 3 and 2 on green clay - which is a surface not unlike rebound ace when it's hot (and it's going to be!!).

of course lindsay is favoured to get through - she no.1 - but there are still players who can beat her if she isn't playing at her best (which i don't think she is yet). i don't remember her playing molik since molik's huge improvement and patty has won 2 of the last 3 they have played.

the evidence is far from conclusive IMO. Lindsay also beat Patty on clay 6-1 6-1 in 2003. Lindsay has held match points all but one time she has played Patty.

She played Molik this fall, winning 6-1 6-0.

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:39 PM
u took the words out of my mouth about lindsay beating patty in 03 on clay

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:39 PM
clay doesnt count!

jonny84
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Well we all thought Kenzie would win Celebrity Big Brother (UK) - but Bez did.

Anything can happen remember - there are always shocks and surprises.

zuluagafan
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:06 AM
hold to that i thought the same in new york and she lost to kuznetsova i say no party yet

JenFan75
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:27 AM
I'm blaming you if she doesn't.

stijntje
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:31 AM
I really hope Lindsay can win this tournament...

With all respect to the other players, but I think Lindsay is the person who deserves it the most for me...

Come on Lindsay!

You can do it! ;)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:33 AM
I really hope Lindsay gets into the final, where she will face Serena Williams, and the lose. However, if Serena doesn't make the final :sad: then I'm rooting for Lindsay all the way!!!!

SM
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:17 AM
i think it will be the winner of linzi vs alicia

most likely davenport and i would like to see linzi finish her last yr with a slam as she REALLY DESERVES IT right now....but im an aussie and hoping alicia can go all the way to the title ;)

switz
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Lindsay also beat Patty on clay 6-1 6-1 in 2003. Lindsay has held match points all but one time she has played Patty.

She played Molik this fall, winning 6-1 6-0.

i'll take a result from last year over one from two years ago when we're talking about a player as old as lindsay. it's irrelevant anyway because i wasn't using her win over lindsay as proof that patty will beat her, but rather to disagree with the thread starters assertion that lindsay is into the final.

molik also lost in straight sets to hantuchova at the US Open - i consider her current form to have started in stockholm, zurich, luxembourg, hopman cup, sydney, aus open.

again as i have said lindsay must be favoured to make the final - it's common sense. what is not common sense is to suggest it is already decided when her potential opponents are a player who is 12-0 this year about 30-2 since the US Open and another who has won 2 of her past 3 matches with lindsay.

i have no hestitation in saying that if lindsay plays her best game for an entire match alicia and patty basically have no chance. it's just that lindsay has not done this in a slam for a long long time.

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Damn don't jinx her.

Julia1968
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:16 AM
The highest seed still left in her side of the draw is Molik at #10. And she didn't necessarily demolish Venus.

Molik wouldn't have to demolish Venus to have a chance against Davenport. Venus is lucky to be in the top ten.

jacs
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:17 AM
No Jinx!!!!

Chunchun
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:17 AM
:tape: last yr USO everyone said Lindsay can go to Final since the QF stage ;)

but what happened huh?

Leo_DFP
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Who made a thread jinxing Davenport last year at the US Open last year? This is an eery memory. :unsure:

lindsayno1
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:01 AM
she was playing so well at the us open. it wasnt that she played crap to lose. she got badly injured and that really hampered her movement

Grohl
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:29 AM
she'll have to get past alicia first, doubt if that will happen!

Hayato
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Alicia has a very good chance of beating Lindsay, just delete this thread, it's definately not true yet!!

Lemonskin.
Jan 25th, 2005, 09:35 AM
I really hope Alicia will be in the final :D

peanuts
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:32 AM
i hope this doesn't backfire on lindsay. everyone was predicting lindsay would win the us open before a ball was even hit at flushing meadows. jinx, jinx, jinx.

Pureracket
Jan 26th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Molik wouldn't have to demolish Venus to have a chance against Davenport. Venus is lucky to be in the top ten.SWOOP!!!!!