PDA

View Full Version : Does It Matter How Cute You Are If You Lose?

Mica
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking of Venus when I ask this question.

I am a big fan of Venus, I love the girl, I wanted nothing more than for her to win not only because 'it's been a while' (I see you Staind, lol) but also because I want her to renegotiate with Reebok and get back to doing commericals (and I want to be able to buy her stuff, ala Serena).

Anyway, I was really sad that she lost, and I started wondering "Does it really matter that she looks cute with the black, white and pink and everything, when she's losing"?

I used to think this argumnent from other people was stupid, because I thought they were just hating because Venus and Serena did so many other things. But, it's starting to be true. Venus has said before "You have to look your best to play your best" and quite frankly, she looked odd out there, looking great but sucking.

It's like "I don't want to see your cute outfits if you are losing. People buy products associated with you because you win." Even her interior design company, while it has nothing to do with tennis, theres an element of "I'm associated with a winner in all facets"

Anyway, what do you good men and women think? Are you kinda ambivilant about Venus' "I look cute but I can't win a title" look, or do you not care?

Again, I am a Venus fan, so this isn't coming from a place of hate. This is just coming from someone frustrated that Venus can't get it together (injury prone last season or not).

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Anyway, I was really sad that she lost, and I started wondering "Does it really matter that she looks cute with the black, white and pink and everything, when she's losing"?

Are you serious? :tape:

Jaime Bahena
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Are you serious? :tape:
No sh*t. Somebody has a little too much time on their hands.

darrinbaker00
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:44 PM
No sh*t. Somebody has a little too much time on their hands.
Since you took the time to respond, one can say the same about you.....

tennischick
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:27 PM
does it matter if you break the ace record if you end up losing?