PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Linds is doing the happy dance?

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:10 PM
IMHO Linds probably would much rather play Alicia (3-0 record) than Vee (13-12 record).

Any thoughts?

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:11 PM
im saying nothing...

UDiTY
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:25 PM
The 3 other top ten players in her half of the draw lost yesterday...she better be happy.

:p

!<blocparty>!
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I'm actially very pleased she is playing Alicia not Venus. Both are GREAT players, but I always feel sick and worry when Lindsay plays a Williams sister coz i know how amazing they can play. Against Alicia, it's going to be a VERY tough match for Lindsay, she will have the crowd against her (which she doesn't mind i guess) but they will encourage Molik and motivate her. I think if she can serve well and attack the molik second serve (which was brilliant today imo) she should be in the a good chance.

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:45 PM
When did Lindsay last play Alicia and what was the score?

(I do think this is Lindsay's slam to lose though. She is having an excellent opportunity here.)

cheo23
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Actually..Lindsay would have LOVED TO DEFEAT Venus 4 TIMES IN a ROW
but WHATEVER
ALICIA is MOre dangerous
she has a STRATEGy
Unlike VENUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOd Luck to BOTH ALICIA & LINDSAy

udachi Elena
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Lindsay would love to beat Venus i'm sure.. but winning wise.. she doesn't have to worry about facing Venus, Myskina or Lena D... her next worry is who will she face in the final... IMO probly sharapova or serena..hopefully molik can at least give her a good warm up match b/c i doubt schnyder or dechy could do that

GrassGOAT
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
IMHO Linds probably would much rather play Alicia (3-0 record) than Vee (13-12 record).

Any thoughts?

Well, Alicia has improve so much lately, so I would not look so much into that record. ;)

thelittlestelf
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
If Lindsay serves well, it will be hard for Molik to beat her. Molik does have a great serve, but Lindsay has one of the best returns I've ever seen. Her ground strokes are also far better than Moliks, and even at net Lindsay is better.

Maybe I'm wrong and it will be a hard match for Lindsay, but I think that if she serves well she should get it done in straight sets.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:53 PM
The best possible situation for Lindsay would be if she played Momo in the final IMO.

kabuki
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
When did Lindsay last play Alicia and what was the score?

(I do think this is Lindsay's slam to lose though. She is having an excellent opportunity here.)

Filderstadt 3 months ago, 6-1, 6-0 :eek:

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Actually..Lindsay would have LOVED TO DEFEAT Venus 4 TIMES IN a ROW
but WHATEVER
ALICIA is MOre dangerous
she has a STRATEGy
Unlike VENUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOOd Luck to BOTH ALICIA & LINDSAy

Cheo, didn't you forget to put everything in blue (or some other colour) in addition to the capital letters and the exlaimation marks? You know, just in case we missed your point. LOL.

LeRoy.
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Considering she has beaten Venus the last three times they played , no. :)

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Filderstadt 3 months ago, 6-1, 6-0 :eek:

Hm, not good. Still new-found confidence and home advantage could make a difference....don't know how much though.

MinnyGophers
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:58 PM
actually i think that Molik would probably have been a tougher opponent for Lindsay than Venus, who has been shaky.
Also, Molik has the crowd support, and seems to feed off it instead of feeling the pressure, so it will be a tough one.

cheo23
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Cheo, didn't you forget to put everything in blue (or some other colour) in addition to the capital letters and the exlaimation marks? You know, just in case we missed your point. LOL.
Alot of People COMplained about My BLUE
sayin they couldn't READ IT CLEARLy
or some BULL SHIT
sometimes I'll post in BLUE

usually when U get a THRASHIN like Lindsay did against ALICIA
the NEXT TIME IS CLOSER & a TOUGH 3 SET
I'm goin with ALICIA!
she CAN WIN THIS WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT I Love Lindsay ALOT
WILL BE A COmpetitive MATCH FOR SURE!

cheo23
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Hm, not good. Still new-found confidence and home advantage could make a difference....don't know how much though.
Example
SERENA DEFEATS J.Crap at WIMBLEdon
1 & 1
the NEXT ONE
a TOUGH 3 SET MATCH
55 UEs by SERENA
& 4 LInE CALLS AGAINST SERENA!
like I SAID ..WILL BE TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DelMonte
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Alot of People COMplained about My BLUE
sayin they couldn't READ IT CLEARLy
or some BULL SHIT
sometimes I'll post in BLUE

usually when U get a THRASHIN like Lindsay did against ALICIA
the NEXT TIME IS CLOSER & a TOUGH 3 SET
I'm goin with ALICIA!
she CAN WIN THIS WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT I Love Lindsay ALOT
WILL BE A COmpetitive MATCH FOR SURE!

:haha: You make me laugh, you nut! I like the blue-- it's VERy YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll see whether you are right about your three-set theory.

PatM04
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:09 PM
I don't think Lindsay really cares who she is playing. She probably would have the same game plan for both (although I do think had she played Venus she would have attacked the weak forehand...now she'll attack the weak backhand). I really don't see much standing in Lindsay's way to the final. But you never know, Alicia has been playing very well and could pull off another upset. Good luck to both (but Lindsay a little more:))

mboyle
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Yes. Venus is a mixed bag. If Venus plays her best tennis (which she hasn't done for quite some time now,) Lindsay can't do a thing. If Venus plays like she has been playing for the past year or two, Lindsay should win. With Alicia, Linds pretty much knows what to do and what to expect, and even if Alicia plays her A game, she can't dominate Lindsay like Venus/Serena can. So even though Alicia is playing better tennis, Lindsay should be happy. Even better, Lindsay will not have trouble with Dechy/Schnyder.

cheo23
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:18 PM
:haha: You make me laugh, you nut! I like the blue-- it's VERy YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll see whether you are right about your three-set theory.
THANKS For the Compliment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Know I'm RIGHT AboUt this 3 SET THEORY!
I GOT IT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
But We'll SEE!
GOOD LUCK TO BOTH Players :hearts:
THey deserve this QUARTERS MATCHUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizchris
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:51 PM
I think so; she has a better chance beating Molik without breaking much of a sweat.

LostInThe80s
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I think so; she has a better chance beating Molik without breaking much of a sweat.

I know there was a stretch there where Venus owned Linds but both Venus and Linds are different players now. Linds would've been the favorite going into the match. And Alicia is a lot more confident now so don't expect Linds to just blow her off the court.

darrinbaker00
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:19 PM
If Lindsay is doing a happy dance, it's probably off-beat..... ;)

Seriously, if Mrs. Leach did have a preference, I would think she'd rather play someone she's beaten three times in a row than a local hero with a ton of momentum.

TakeThat
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I dunno. Venus can still pull out an awesome performance. But right now, Molik is VERY dangerous. Crowd support will probably play a role, too. I wouln't be shocked if Alicia actually won the match. :tape:

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Lindsay actually says she feeds off of a crowd that doesn't support her.

I think for Lindsay it's better to play Molik. Even though Lindsay has defeated Venus three times in a row, there is still a mental block there. She's beaten Alicia 3 times in a row also - the last time winning 6-1 6-0.

darrinbaker00
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Lindsay actually says she feeds off of a crowd that doesn't support her.
What else is she going to say?

I think for Lindsay it's better to play Molik. Even though Lindsay has defeated Venus three times in a row, there is still a mental block there. She's beaten Alicia 3 times in a row also - the last time winning 6-1 6-0.
If the mental block is still there, then how was she able to beat Venus at Stanford and the US Open?

abbygael
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Yes. Venus is a mixed bag. If Venus plays her best tennis (which she hasn't done for quite some time now,) Lindsay can't do a thing. If Venus plays like she has been playing for the past year or two, Lindsay should win. With Alicia, Linds pretty much knows what to do and what to expect, and even if Alicia plays her A game, she can't dominate Lindsay like Venus/Serena can. So even though Alicia is playing better tennis, Lindsay should be happy. Even better, Lindsay will not have trouble with Dechy/Schnyder.

Rather If Lindsay plays her best tennis, Venus cant do nothing.
Venus only turns around their rivalry when she beat an injured lindsay in wimby final, and`after that linds lose her confidence, but she turns it around`again.

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:48 PM

If the mental block is still there, then how was she able to beat Venus at Stanford and the US Open? That she doesn't like playing infront of a hostile crowd. In the past, I've never seen an audience effect her play.

The block is still there. She's more tentative and cautious when she plays Venus even now.

mishar
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I like Alicia and would be happy for her to win, but I think Lindsay will take this. She can serve to Alicia's backhand as Venus hasn't or won't and her shots are currently penetrating the court more than Venus's (at least more consistently.)

Lemonskin.
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Go Alicia :D

Good luck :)

ßcoene
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I don't think she is. She will only do it if she wins the AO.

_LuCaS_
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Do not underestimate Molik. And I had great plans for a Davenport-Myskina SF :(( considering their last 2 meetings. This sucks.

vogus
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:27 PM
This thread gives Venus too much credit and Molik not enough. The current version of Molik is a more dangerous and confident opponent for Davenport than Venus would have been. It should be a battle but i expect Molik to get the best of Lindsay when the last point has been played.

franny
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:28 PM
This is definitely Lindsay's best chance to get to another major final. I think that Davenport is just playing amazingly brilliant tennis right now. That match against Sprem really impressed me. The finalist of this event from her half is definitely gonna be either Lindsay or Alicia. Alicia really impressed me last night. She's the real deal. HOwever, I think that Davenport is going to draw out her backhand with many backhand rallys and then paint the lines. I see Lindsay in the final.

Sally Struthers
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I think Lindsay would rather have played an out of form Venus than Molik on her home turf.

416_Man
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM
I really think Davenport has been too lucky to get such a great draw- but the same case happened at the US Open. If she can just penetrate the Molik backhand and put a lot of pressure- we'll likely see the French Open Mauresmo in Molik, otherwise Lindsay will falter.... again.

RainyDays
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Man, I'm totally not getting my hopes up. Linds could steamroll Alicia, but totally tank the SF's. Remember the USO? Linds got injured, surprisingly, and Sveta took it.
I think if linds is on, she'll go all the way, depending on who she plays in the final.

vogus
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:34 PM
This is definitely Lindsay's best chance to get to another major final. I think that Davenport is just playing amazingly brilliant tennis right now. That match against Sprem really impressed me. The finalist of this event from her half is definitely gonna be either Lindsay or Alicia. Alicia really impressed me last night. She's the real deal. HOwever, I think that Davenport is going to draw out her backhand with many backhand rallys and then paint the lines. I see Lindsay in the final.

wrong, Patty will beat either one of them in the SF :p

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:11 PM

If the mental block is still there, then how was she able to beat Venus at Stanford and the US Open?

being hardcore lindsay fans we tend to recognise these things!

faboozadoo15
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:31 PM
she would have rather played venus for sure, imo. she's beaten venus 3 straight times, knows her game inside and out, and she would have the crowd.

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Lindsay has also defeated Molik three consecutive times. Including a 6-1 6-0 win in Filderstadt.

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:34 PM
and lindsay was generally shockingly poo at that tourney

Couver
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I didn't get to see Alicia VS Venus, but from the stats it seemed like they both played well. I think Alicia can test Lindsay a little, but when Lindsay's firing on all cylinders and playing with confidence it is very hard to beat her. She looked :eek: against Sprem.

I think Lindsay still deep down may have prefered to play Venus. I mean a home town fave who's on a hot streak, VS Venus who is lacking confidence and cracks under pressure?

I still say Lindsay though in 2

Prizeidiot
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Well, Lindsay has said that she's kinda sick of playing Venus..... so yes, I think she's happy. Alicia at the moment provides something different, and with her recent confidence and form, it's a new challenge for Lindsay.

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Lol regarding sick of playing Venus - she said that at the Fanfest in Sydney - someone asked her about who she's played against, etc and not wanting to face them - and she mentioned about the amount of times she's played Venus and groaned that sometimes when she sees her in her half of a draw she groans because it means another matchup :)

Prizeidiot
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Lol regarding sick of playing Venus - she said that at the Fanfest in Sydney - someone asked her about who she's played against, etc and not wanting to face them - and she mentioned about the amount of times she's played Venus and groaned that sometimes when she sees her in her half of a draw she groans because it means another matchup :)
Yep... that's where I heard her say it