PDA

View Full Version : Was Lindsay in full form?

bis2806
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:47 PM
I heard from someone who watched the match (Lindsay vs. Sprem) that Lindsay "doesn't look like she has much energy when she's playing" and that "she just didn't have much spring in her step"... I'm worried, was she her normal self?

croat123
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:49 PM
the only thing she did worse than normal is serve cause she felt a lot of pressure because k-lina was attacking her second serve. other than that, her groundies were awesome and she played great.

thelittlestelf
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Her serve wasn't good and she was a bit moody :tape:. She did play well off the ground though.

bis2806
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:51 PM
What's wrong with her serves man, i've noticed in the previous matches that it's somehow slower....

thelittlestelf
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:54 PM
What's wrong with her serves man, i've noticed in the previous matches that it's somehow slower....Well I mean, she didn't serve horribly. 5 aces, 5 dfs, not a lot of first serves in.

Didn't look any slower to me.

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:06 PM
just let her get it out of her system man! im hoping shel brighten up!

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:13 PM
look in lindsays defence, she plays like this a lot during the earlier stages of the tournaments. she puts in as little effort as is needed to get the job done so shes less tired. shes always a different player when it really matters. She wont be concerned. all she needs to concentrate on is her serve... thats the only thing thats wrong atm!

bis2806
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:29 PM
She was on fire :fiery: in the summer tournaments! let's hope she'll play more agressively next round :)

alexusjonesfan
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:13 PM
She didn't need to play any better than she did. K-Lina kept spraying shots and couldn't ever really get it together. This is a horrible match to guage Lindz's level as her shots weren't tested and was hardly ever on the run.

LeRoy.
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:15 PM
If she plays 5.25* % better in the next 3 rounds she will win the AO !

*-Calculated using the "Williams" formula :p

AjdeNate!
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM
If she plays 5.25* % better in the next 3 rounds she will win the AO !

*-Calculated using the "Williams" formula :p
:haha: good one

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:46 PM
She played very well against Sprem yesterday. Apart from her first serve % she was very good. +11 differential between winners and unforced errors. But, she did have quite a few aces. And no, she's not serving slower than usual.

cmasters
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:00 PM
It was a very routine match for her. She didn't make any special effort to get to the ball. She appeared to know how much energy she needed to put into the match and didn't give any extra.
I think she can play much better and I expect that she will when she has to.

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:36 PM
i KNOW she can!