PDA

View Full Version : Soooooooo Lindsay against Molik...

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:58 AM
is that what we want?! I cant decide now!

gossipcom
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:07 AM
lol well we've got it and it'll be played on Australia Day - so beware it's going to be one hell of a day *eek!*

I've decided I can't decide who I want to win - I want Lindsay to win because she's been my favourite player for over the last decade while being Australian I should be going for Alicia.

So I've decided I'm just going to skip straight ahead to the SF and whoever progresses then to follow them all the way through :)

lindsayno1
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:32 AM
nah u gotta stay faithful to the one you supported the whole time...

look at me! im a traitor and im proud - i was wishing for tim henman to lose!

gossipcom
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:47 AM
lol I wanted him to lose only because I want to see Davydenko vs Duckman.

But you see in my case is I've been following both Lindsay and Alicia since they started :)

It's only because Lindsay's been on tour the longest (and is older) hence why it's been over a decade - Alicia probably it's almost 8 years I've been following her (since she was about 16-17) so Lindsay would win the longest battle by 2 years *g*

Hence why I'm torn - so I'm going to try and black out the singles and concentrate on the doubles - cheer Lindsay and Corina onto a SF place instead :)

ETA: There is one thing I'm certain of - I want Serena to beat Amelie tomorrow.... you see I don't want Serena to win the tournament but if she could knock out Amelie it means Lindsay's no 1 position is guaranteed to at least the Pan Pac Open :)

Kelly
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:15 PM
i couldnt care less about the number one if it meant lindsay winning the ozzy.....i cnat see her beating serena in a final....if she gets that far.

as for the qtr match.....GO LINDSAY!!! understand what u mean though about followin them both though...look at it like this is lindsay last dance and alecia has many years ahead of her

*timtams*
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM
OOOO lindsay vs Molik, Lindsay to win that ofcourse, i like molki and everything, glad she beat venus, but she'll be knackered after that match.
Henman hating is in my blood too, i hate him with passion!
Serena looked crap against, the last player she played, sorry i have amnesia, and forget...... :(
Linds for the trophy, come on guys, you know it makes sense! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship:

xx beckl (has faith)

foreva lindsay
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
ooh another henman hater :D:D:D:D

Lets go lindsay, it'll be tough but you can do this!!!

Loughyunijen
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:17 PM
c'mon dav....heres a great oppertunitiy to get through to the finals......such a great chance......its all urs for the taking!

Cliodhna
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Come on Lindsay :bounce: if she can get through this she has a fantastic chance of reaching the final!!

I really believe she has it in her but it will be tough the Australians want this so bad, i think this isn't goin to be Alicia's last chance but it is Lindsays, Alicia will be pumped and as she said already "Bring It On" so it isn't goin to be easy but Lindsay has the game to take it!!

:bounce: C'mon Lindsay :bounce:

LethalLindsay
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:34 PM
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEING AN AUSSIE I AM SOOOOOOOOO TORN AS WELL. I HAVE SUPPORTED LINDSAY FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AS WELL, BUT ALICIA HAS ALWAYS HAD THE TALENT IT'S JUST NOW THAT IT IS COMING TOGETHER FOR HER.

WHAT DO I DO?????????? aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh

LindsayRulez
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:10 PM
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEING AN AUSSIE I AM SOOOOOOOOO TORN AS WELL. I HAVE SUPPORTED LINDSAY FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AS WELL, BUT ALICIA HAS ALWAYS HAD THE TALENT IT'S JUST NOW THAT IT IS COMING TOGETHER FOR HER.

WHAT DO I DO?????????? aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh
you know who to root for! (Lindsay!)

Elldee
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:46 PM
If you support Lindsay and Alicia equally you have an advantage over us... you'll be happy either way and can admire both players whilst we might be gutted.

foreva lindsay
Jan 24th, 2005, 08:48 PM
:lol:

Frederic
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Go Lindsay!!!! I know she can do it. She just has to stay concentrated on her game, playing just like last time, when she won 6/1 6/0...

gossipcom
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:09 PM
One thing's for sure - if she beats Alicia the crowd will be on her side in the SF :) I know Lindsay doesn't care if the crowd is on her side, etc - but pretty much every single match I attended to the crowd has been supporting her (even when she was playing doubles against Evie and Daniella)

Andrew.
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I want to hear the crowd boo her. The last time a crowd was really on her was in Stanford a few years ago, and she thrived off of it.

gossipcom
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:25 PM
lol! Actually we're a pretty good crowd we don't boo - unless there's a major decision that was bad big time (aka Sharapova vs Lee-Waters) ;) unlike the Spaniards @ DC we know how to act - though tomorrow it might be a different story because it is Australia Day :)

LethalLindsay
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:58 PM
It may have been 6-1 6-0 last time but Alicia is a MUCH more together player at the moment and her confidence is highest it has ever been. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if that is the same scoreline and if Lindsay's serve does not improve over her last match...............

jacs
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Eherm... reminding the forum we are in, guys... eherm... (*whistles)

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Hey I've been good for once :) I'm just saying the crowd technically won't boo tomorrow unless something drastically goes Lindsay's way - heck I'll take a 3 set win ;)

foreva lindsay
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:22 AM
aussies are nice...they dont boo (well from what i've heard :))

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:26 AM
We don't - we're probably one of the fairest crowds when it comes to this sports-crazy nation :)

The only time they booed something was during the last week when Sharapova got past Lindsay Lee-Waters and the point to bring up match point was clearly out but was overruled as in (when the replays showed it was out as well) - the RLA crowd booed it :)

Frederic
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:15 PM
You are so lucky in Australia. On the contrary, the french crowd is absolutely horrible!!! I remember the semifinal match Henin/Serena, they were an umpiring mistake, and the crowd was against Serena, it was totally unfair, when I saw the situation on tv, I wanted to kill the crowd!lol!!!! (my mother can prove it!!!). There are so much more examples of this crappy crowd... As regards Lindsay's match against Molik, I think the two player are very fairplay, they respect each other, so there won't be any problems. But I still want Lindsay to win this match!!!! GO LINDSAY!!!!!!!

LethalLindsay
Jan 25th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I do think Lindsay will be far more able to keep her serve to Alicia's backhand side than Venus was (if it doesn't play up like it did against Sprem!), and she will try more to keep the ball on Alicia's backand side as well during the rallies. i just don't think it is going to be 6-1 6-0. I give Alicia the underdog status but we all know what can happen with the underdog story don't we?! LOL

Elldee
Jan 25th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I think it's better than she's playing Alicia in the day session... in the night match against the crowd seemed very close and fiesty... I don't know if that makes sense.

It is very important for Lindsay to get off to a good fast start.

In Stanford Lindsay was targetting Venus's forehand throughout and hopefully she'll be able to manuveur her shots onto Molik's backhand. Deep to the backhand should bring about short replies.

foreva lindsay
Jan 25th, 2005, 06:54 PM
You are so lucky in Australia. On the contrary, the french crowd is absolutely horrible!!! I remember the semifinal match Henin/Serena, they were an umpiring mistake, and the crowd was against Serena, it was totally unfair, when I saw the situation on tv, I wanted to kill the crowd!lol!!!! (my mother can prove it!!!). There are so much more examples of this crappy crowd... As regards Lindsay's match against Molik, I think the two player are very fairplay, they respect each other, so there won't be any problems. But I still want Lindsay to win this match!!!! GO LINDSAY!!!!!!!

i remember that :tape:

*abby*
Jan 25th, 2005, 07:03 PM
come on lindsay if this is her last ozzy open i want her to win it :D

gossipcom
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:37 PM
lol Frederic a big WORD there :)

I think the reason we're a good crowd is because we just love our sport in general, so we're adaptable to whatever we're watching - plus we've seen how our players have been treated in other countries and we don't want to return the disrespect they've received.

kazbeee
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:31 PM
when I saw this match up I felt for the first time ever, feeling..... well who ever winsthis match Im behind them for the win of the slam, but after about 2 points of the match I was behind lindsay all the way. I must admit I feel alicia is the one I will follow when that dreaded day comes, when Lindsay waves us good bye

lindsayno1
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:00 AM
shhhhhh i dont wanna think about that!