PDA

View Full Version : Browsers? IE or Firefox

venusfan
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Just want to know if anyone try the Firefox browser.. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and it's awsome.. a lot like IE but better.. download and take a look.. it will copy all your IE settings so u don't have to manually put in bookmarks and stuff like that.. plus it's free

Qrystyna
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:03 AM
I DID love firefox but now it screw up on me all the time. It keeps shutting down and giving errors. Since it is fairly new perhaps its just a bug. Anyway, I look forward to the new version as it is a really cool browser :D

selking
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:06 AM
I DID love firefox but now it screw up on me all the time. It keeps shutting down and giving errors. Since it is fairly new perhaps its just a bug. Anyway, I look forward to the new version as it is a really cool browser :D
happens to me all the time, especially on the aussie open site:mad:

bw2082
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:26 AM
firefox works ok for me on the aus open site except when i home button, then i get an error and it shuts down

JenFan75
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Avant browser is the best. It has everything thaat Firefox does and more.

Qrystyna
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:44 AM
happens to me all the time, especially on the aussie open site:mad:

That is exactly the site in which it screws up for me. I think it has problem handling java. Sometimes it works but other times it does not. :confused:

Martian KC
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Try Avant.

Ekkekko
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:41 AM
netscape and opera (for fast browsing)...firefox crashes on me all the time recently and that wasn't the beta version at all...

Scotso
Jan 24th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Firefox is okay but Opera is faster and I like the look much better.

I haven't tried Avant, but I will.

Darop.
Jan 24th, 2005, 09:22 PM
www.advancedbrowser.com (http://www.advancedbrowser.com) :D

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:41 PM
I love Firefox! :)

Hulet
Jan 25th, 2005, 01:38 AM
It is most probably not a bug in Firefox browser but due to the laziness of the website designers who don't stick to the standard while setting up their websites. Most of them use activex and other browser-specific stuff which works only on IE. There is nothing the Firefox developers could do about webpages that do not comply with w3c's standards. So, may be when you find sites that crash FF or wouldn't open on it, may be you should email the website administrator to notify of their problem.