PDA

View Full Version : why don't they have a junior mixed doubles draw?

Mon's boy
Jan 23rd, 2005, 07:07 AM
why don't they have a junior mixed doubles draw?

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2005, 07:41 AM
dunno
but i'm sure the only place i've seen a Mixed Doubles event is in the Eddie Herr Champs where there is an event for all (U12, U14, U16 and U18)

Thats the largest event in terms of players at one event in the World at any level.

Mon's boy
Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:46 AM
eggy - what about the qualifying of the regular event?

why is the mens draw bigger than the womens? and how do they decide where to place the qualifiers?

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:54 AM
qualifiers just placed randomly drawn out of a hat.

dunno what you mean about qualifying about reg tour event :confused:

Mon's boy
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:49 PM
no i mean the qualifying for the main draw, the regular tourney (not the juniors)
why is the mens draw bigger than the womens? did they give more wildcards for the womens or something?

also, i noticed in the juniors draw there were some quialfiers. when and where are the qualies played for the juniors?

anthonyqld
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
They used to (a long time ago - before I was born) have juniour mixed doubles.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
no i mean the qualifying for the main draw, the regular tourney (not the juniors)
why is the mens draw bigger than the womens? did they give more wildcards for the womens or something?

also, i noticed in the juniors draw there were some quialfiers. when and where are the qualies played for the juniors?
both have same amount of WC's (think men have 8 also)
Mens have 16 qualifiers for all 4 slams
Women have 12 for 3 of the 4 ( US Open has 16 places)

Junior qualies, they played at another venue, think its same venue where the Aus Hardcourt tourn was this week.

This is where they were in action.
Nottinghill Pinewood Tennis Club
1 - 5 Baker Avenue
Glen Waverley
Victoria