PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in a Shell

Volcana
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:02 AM
Just discovered this. It's giving me nightmares.

"The nothing more pathetic than a shell without a ghost. Especially a flesh and blood shell."

Too fucking deep. This stuiff that makes you question the nature of self-awareness is the spawn of the devil.

RVD
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:16 AM
Just discovered this. It's giving me nightmares.

"The nothing more pathetic than a shell without a ghost. Especially a flesh and blood shell."

Too fucking deep. This stuff that makes you question the nature of self-awareness is the spawn of the devil.Oh but what great anime it is!! :worship: Makes you question your concept of what a 'soul' really is, doesn't it? Can a mechanical sentient being be truly alive? And if so, is a soul no less than simple awareness and an ability to express emotion and make choices?
Yeah, it was pretty deep stuff.
I just finished watching Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocense . It's not nearly as immersive as the first though. :wavey:

Volcana
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:20 AM
is a soul no less than simple awareness and an ability to express emotion and make choices?That's the fucking problem. It forces me to consider unanswerable questions, in a way that makes answers necessary. I don't NEED this. You may have noticed that just living in this brain comes with a certain amount of angst.

Learning the term, 'ghost-hack' keeps me awake. It increased my need to produce art, and my misery when I don't, but that isn't an unalloyed positive.

RVD
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:47 AM
:lol: It's simple really. Not all questions have an answer. Or at least not that we could comprehend at this juncture of our existence. But consider that man is nothing more than a living breathing machine infused with an AI we call a spirit, or a soul. At the rate AI is evolving, it won't be long before robots of today will be able to make reasonable choices without man's intervention.

The sequel further blurs the lines between humans and machines when humans adopting nearly total mechanized bodies. In one case, not even the living brain exists. Just the e-brain portion, which allows for increased awareness, memory, etc...
After the movie, was just kind of sat back and went, “Dayem.” :lol:

Becool
Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:00 AM
Love this Anime too :)

Isn't a movie comin out too?

I hear about it!

Shonami Slam
Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:57 AM
well, i heard the matrix bro's wanna direct it.
i almost cried myself to death
they also intend on doing "v for vendetta" which is my favorite comics all-time.
great anime... i wake up every day looking at a poster from it.
i loved serial experiments lain too.
she's so fucking beautiful.

Becool
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
Serial experiments lain rocks too!
I love that main theme song, Duvet!

Battle Angel Alita is also having a movie :o
Jessica Alba might play Alita!