PDA

View Full Version : Tautou Said to Star in 'Da Vinci Code'

alias
Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:16 PM
:bounce: I still don't think Tom HAnks is the right actor to play Langdon. I was hoping more for someone a little younger, like Hugh Jackman or Clive Owen...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=493&ncid=762&e=6&u=/ap/20050122/ap_en_mo/france_da_vinci_code

PARIS - Winsome French actress Audrey Tautou of "Amelie" fame has been chosen to play Tom Hanks (news (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/celeb/ap/ap_en_mo/france_da_vinci_code/14066153/*http://news.search.yahoo.com/search/news?fr=news-storylinks&p=%22Tom%20Hanks%22&c=&n=20&yn=c&c=news&cs=nw))' partner in cracking "The Da Vinci Code" in the film adaptation of the best-selling novel, the newspaper Le Parisien reported Saturday.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050122/thumb.par10201221614.france_da_vinci_code_tautou_p ar102.jpg (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050122/482/par10201221614)
AP Photo (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050122/482/par10201221614)

According to the daily, Tautou is to play the role of Sophie Neveu, the investigator who helps Robert Langdon (Hanks), a symbologist, solve the murder of an elderly member of an ancient society that has protected dark secrets since the early years of Christianity.

Oscar-winning director Ron Howard opted for Tautou last week, then confirmed his decision in a Wednesday meeting with her in Paris, Le Parisien's cinema writer Alain Grasset reported without citing sources.

Several celebrity actresses, including Sophie Marceau, sought the role that was finally narrowed down to Tautou and Linda Hardy, a former Miss France, according to the article.

Tautou also starred in Jean-Pierre Jeunet's 2004 movie "A Very Long Engagement."

"The Da Vinci Code," by Dan Brown, is a mix of code-breaking, art history, secret societies, religion and lore. Filming of the mystical thriller is expected to start in June. Sony Pictures has said it plans to release the film May 19, 2006.

The famed Louvre Museum has agreed in principal to allow scenes to be shot there, Louvre director Henri Loyrette said Friday. It is the murder of a Louvre curator that triggers the search for the so-called Da Vinci code.

DunkMachine
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:46 PM
I'm at page 386: great book, great read and I recommend it to any skeptical christian. I have to say that I find the events as described in this book to be plausible.

Buy the book or watch the movie. Prepare to shake the foundation of your faith.

flyingmachine
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:48 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: That's good. She's a very good actress.

cellophane
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Julie Delpy is going to be pissed. ;)

Lord Nelson
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
hey dunkmachine, religion will alway be a central part of our lives. People need to believe in something, it's in our nature. We are not prepared to believe that there is no afterlife, nirvana, reincarnation etc., even though that's probably the case. But still religions have helped form civilizations. European and AMerican were shaped by Christianity as has Confusuism, Shintoism & Buddhism shaped East Asia and so on. Now don't tell me that some of these religions like Chrisitianity have persecuted native americans. Native americans are from various tribes and they too were at each others throat. Ex: Sioux were massacring navajos.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 23rd, 2005, 03:48 AM
hugh jackman? robbie langdon is supposer to be mid forties.

anyway, terrific book.i dont know toutou but i hope she does a good job as princess sophie.

mboyle
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:25 AM
How did the sioux, who lived in North Dakota and other great plains states, murder the Navajo, who lived in Arizona and New Mexico?:shrug:

bee
Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Ron Howard... did the movie version of A BEAUTIFUL MIND..
and it was terrible...

Hopefully... he won't screw this up... :)

Jericho
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:37 PM
I would've casted Pierce Brosnan as Langon and Monica Bellucci as Sophie

Mrs. Peel
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:44 PM
I would've casted Pierce Brosnan as Langon and Monica Bellucci as Sophie

I was definitely thinking Monica Belluci for Sophie...she's too sexy for the overexposed Hanks.....

I'm so dissapointed that he has the role of Langdon..that almost ruins it for me!

martirogi
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:51 PM
i hate tom hanks :mad: way to ruin the movie

chapel
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:51 PM
tom hanks is too old for the role.

Yonexforever
Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:29 PM
Tom Hanks is SOOOO WRONG for that part.. we needed Kevin Coster of about 10 years ago!

Dava
Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:38 PM
Oooo you know I think I will fianally sit down and read the book, however is it me or does the plot have a few paralells with the plot of Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness, I would be interested to see when the book was written as the game was in production since 2001.

Tylane
Jan 23rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
Who can tell me the story ? I never heard about this book... :confused:

Edward.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Tom Hanks. What a horrible, HORRIBLE casting decision. He's a useless, bumbling moron.

Audrey is a decent choice though.

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:14 PM
I'm sure Audrey will do a great job. But the book was so good i don't care who plays who, the movie will be great too im sure!

croat123
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:26 PM
amelie was on croatian tv last summer. not my style, but i caught about 5 minutes of it and she seems to be a good acctress. she also definately looks the part which is always a plus ;)

Yonge
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:51 PM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
She never crossed my mind when I first thought about who'd play the role, but she's perfect for it!!! I'm so happy. Tom Hanks is still wrong for the part, IMO. Pierce Brosnan would have been great, Tom Cruise could also pull it off.

...And Geoffrey Rush to play the Bezu Fache (sp?) character I hope.

Lord Nelson
Jan 24th, 2005, 12:02 AM
How did the sioux, who lived in North Dakota and other great plains states, murder the Navajo, who lived in Arizona and New Mexico?:shrug:
well, that's due to migration. The weaker tribes would migrate elsewhere to escape the wrath of their persecutors. Anyway what I find laughable is that many people find that the American Indians were victims. To me every civilain was a victim whether he was white of whatever. Do you see the Mexican whites feeling guilty for what they did to the locals? :confused:

Anyway I'm glad that Hanks has the role. I have not read the book & hardly know what it is about. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie.

Princess Sarah.
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Tom Hanks. What a horrible, HORRIBLE casting decision. He's a useless, bumbling moron.

Totally agree Langdon is supposed to be early 40's not almost dead!

chapel
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:06 AM
huh? sophie's supposed to be hot, right? the girl on the pic kinda looks.....um.....unhot

Huntress555
Jan 24th, 2005, 07:34 AM
I didn't like the book as much as I thought i would. The ending sucked!...Hopefully maybe the movie clears it up for me or something. ANythings Hanks is not the right actor to play the main male role, but eh it looks like hes is going to be it.

I have no idea who this audrey is, but hopefully she will do well, she kinda looks the part to :)

propi
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:19 AM
I don't like the decision of Tom Hanks at all :mad:
However Tautou is :hearts:
I thought about Emmanuelle Beart though she may be old for that but her face of eternal girls would suit the role :angel:

decemberlove
Jan 24th, 2005, 10:49 AM
audrey is hot... that picture doesn't do her justice. the photobooth in amelie with the mask and cape... HOT!

i'm so fucking sick of hearing about this book. EVERYTIME i walk into a b&n or borders i hear some bitch talking about it. of course, they had to go and turn it into a movie so i can hear more about it... :rolleyes:

Dahveed
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:49 AM
huh? sophie's supposed to be hot, right? the girl on the pic kinda looks.....um.....unhot
Here's a better pic.

http://www.audreytautou.cjb.net/images/at22.jpg

She's hot. IMO. It's a good choice, i can imagine her as Sophie indeed. Don't you know Amélie? You should see that movie then!

As for Tom Hanks, well i like him too so i don't mind him.